Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
papersack
Jul 27, 2003

zoux posted:

what do you mean it hasn't mattered

It took a mountain of scandals and evidence to get him to resign from a position that would have sank anyone else ages ago. And even then it's a resignation, not an out right firing or people beating down at Trump's doorsteps to make this happen. Ryan, McConnell, etc haven't done poo poo. The only reason this finally matters is because he's going to get hit hard by the feds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

oddium posted:

if i had a weiner i'd probably step on it on purpose to be honest

as a certified wiener-haver i can tell you, you would regret this

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Eonwe posted:

trump will lose, but it makes me incredibly nervous that people unironically support him

oh yah no lie his supporters scare the poo poo out of me

the man himself, less so

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status/766662786147573760

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
CNN has their priorities in order, as usual

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
that guy, for example, who was going around the press pen taking pictures of them and making notes like a CHEKA spook taking down names? yeah that was creepy as hell.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

papersack posted:

It took a mountain of scandals and evidence to get him to resign from a position that would have sank anyone else ages ago. And even then it's a resignation, not an out right firing or people beating down at Trump's doorsteps to make this happen. Ryan, McConnell, etc haven't done poo poo. The only reason this finally matters is because he's going to get hit hard by the feds.

Polls are the indicators of how much things are mattering.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG4oNBdmGMs

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

When did the Kush become so prominent in the campaign

Also love that new yorker article that got posted here a few days ago about why Kushner is probably a reason why Christie didn't get the VP nom
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/08/22/ivanka-trump-and-jared-kushners-power-play

quote:

It was bad timing: the family had started to unravel. Charlie [Kushner]’s older brother, Murray, filed a lawsuit, accusing him of mismanagement. Then a former Kushner Companies accountant, Bob Yontef, sued, alleging that Charlie’s political and charitable contributions came from company money. Itemized in Yontef’s complaint is a hundred-and-twenty-five-thousand-dollar fee that was paid to Bill Clinton, who spoke at a luncheon for executives of the bank that Kushner Companies owned.

The legal actions caught the attention of Chris Christie, a Republican who was then the U.S. Attorney for the state of New Jersey. He began looking into Kushner’s campaign donations; when the investigation became public, Kushner withdrew himself from consideration for the Port Authority job. Kushner became furious with his younger sister, Esther Schulder, who he believed was coöperating with Christie, and, in retaliation, he set a trap for her husband, Billy Schulder, a former Kushner Companies employee whom he resented for having had an affair at the office. He hired a prostitute, who, posing as a stranded motorist, approached Schulder at the Time to Eat Diner, in Bridgewater. Schulder then met her at the Red Bull Inn, on Route 22, where a camera installed in an alarm clock captured them in a sex act. Kushner mailed images from the tape to his sister, who promptly shared them with federal authorities.

Kushner was arrested, and suddenly the whole family was starring in a baroque scandal—part “Peyton Place,” part “The Sopranos.” McGreevey was forced to apologize for his nomination of Kushner. (Months later, he resigned the governorship, following a sex scandal of his own.) Kushner pleaded guilty to eighteen counts of tax evasion, witness tampering, and making illegal campaign donations—“crimes of greed, power, and excess,” as Christie put it.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I'm real drat liberal but a bunch of people are getting all twisted about how that Trump statue from yesterday is body shaming (and possibly also transphobic? and insulting to testicular cancer survivors?) and I just could absolutely not care less, at all, if finding that statue loving hilarious makes me a bad liberal then slap a MAGA hat on me I guess

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Karl Sharks posted:

it reminds me of his roast where the only criticism he had about all the poo poo they said is that he wanted them to say he was faking about being twice as rich as they said

Naw, it was more like this: Trump's only condition about the jokes in his roast was that you couldn't say he wasn't as rich as he claims to be.

Everything else.. his bankruptcies, his lust for his own daughter, his hair, was fair game, with his approval.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/comedy-central-donald-trump-roast-901129

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

showbiz_liz posted:

I'm real drat liberal but a bunch of people are getting all twisted about how that Trump statue from yesterday is body shaming (and possibly also transphobic? and insulting to testicular cancer survivors?) and I just could absolutely not care less, at all, if finding that statue loving hilarious makes me a bad liberal then slap a MAGA hat on me I guess

The taco was a bisexual!!!!

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

When did the Kush become so prominent in the campaign

Also love that new yorker article that got posted here a few days ago about why Kushner is probably a reason why Christie didn't get the VP nom
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/08/22/ivanka-trump-and-jared-kushners-power-play

honestly i've love to know too

it just seems so surreal that he has any influence at all, even as a family member

feels like this is mostly because trump has basically no friends/confidants, so he has to rely on people who are legally attached to him more than any other politician

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Boosted_C5 posted:

Corvette is THE American muscle AND sports car and ever since the introduction of the C5 THE world's flagship race car actually produced for consumer purchase.

Extreme (Cor)vetting!

Hadda hadda

Karl Sharks posted:

ahhh, i see ailes has been talking to him about the assassins that targeted him

Occupying forces make early inroads into feral city.

papersack posted:

We've also had all week of Manafort being caught doing nefarious poo poo, and it hasn't mattered. Yes, it made it to the major papers but had little traction. But now that he's no longer under the Trump shield maybe we'll see some criminal proceedings.

So help me out here. The campaign manager for the Republican candidate for president has pretty clearly been established as an agent for the Russian Federation, and Republicans don't care? This is beyond belief. Has anybody said the T word regarding this?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

showbiz_liz posted:

People look for things to be offended by. This is not unique to liberals.

Look at boosted, who curls up in to a ball every time someone tells him guns are for pussies, and then proba-

oh right, he's no longer IK.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

showbiz_liz posted:

come get your scarlet "P," for "Problematic"

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

The problem with Manafort resigning is that it takes the pressure off Trump's own ties to Russia.

He hired Manafort precisely because they knew the same people. Trump is undoubtedly in deep with the Russian oligarchs and that still needs to be exposed.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

showbiz_liz posted:

unfortunately there are a lot of fascists on the left too

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

showbiz_liz posted:

those aren't people, they're the Western equivalent of otaku and should be mocked on sight

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Binary Badger posted:

Naw, it was more like this: Trump's only condition about the jokes in his roast was that you couldn't say he wasn't as rich as he claims to be.

Everything else.. his bankruptcies, his lust for his own daughter, his hair, was fair game, with his approval.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/comedy-central-donald-trump-roast-901129

ah okay, you're right

my bad

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

showbiz_liz posted:

people with opinions like that aren't liberals or conservatives, they're just sanctimonious teenagers on a permanent outrage high

they'll come down from it eventually

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/766665348322058240

i can't wait

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

He's the candidate. Shouldn't he be receiving thorough Secret Service protection at this point?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Oxxidation posted:

people with opinions like that aren't liberals or conservatives, they're just sanctimonious teenagers on a permanent outrage high

they'll come down from it eventually
They're almost always a certain kind of liberal and in the scheme of things they're harmless but up close they can be insufferable. I'd love to blame it on young people, trust me.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

https://twitter.com/tedleo/status/766664542680145921

i give it a solid B

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/766663495794294786

so unfair!

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
If they are private security, probably meant to cater to gun nuts and authoritarian jackboot lickers.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

showbiz_liz posted:

it's important for some morons to make sure everyone pays attention to them. some just use politics as their vehicle for that

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yall see the new video of all the Trump supporters ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK_DHwH8Q-M

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Deptfordx posted:

He's the candidate. Shouldn't he be receiving thorough Secret Service protection at this point?

he has had SS detail for a long time, which is why this is ridiculous

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I for one am shocked the GOP won't stand against a country run by a coalition of an expansive state security apparatus and oligarchs who grew rich by plundering public wealth. It's almost as if they don't see it's xenophobic nationalism, religious conservatism, and use of foreign wars to distract from domestic issues as disgusting.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

I for one am shocked the GOP won't stand against a country run by a coalition of an expansive state security apparatus and oligarchs who grew rich by plundering public wealth. It's almost as if they don't see it's xenophobic nationalism, religious conservatism, and use of foreign wars to distract from domestic issues as disgusting.

not like we sent people over with connections to our government to push them to plunder their own nation or anything

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Vahakyla posted:

If they are private security, probably meant to cater to gun nuts and authoritarian jackboot lickers.

Which were already voting for Trump anyway. So pandering, really.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ed balls

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Karl Sharks posted:

not like we sent people over with connections to our government to push them to plunder their own nation or anything

shhhh those people were democrats. just because the slavic brain can't understand capitalism doesn't mean its our fault

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/breitbarts-milo-yiannopoulos-raised-100k-for-charity-deposits-it-in-his-bank-account/

Everyone connected to Trump is human scum.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

theflyingexecutive posted:

trump's campaign manager was just caught red handed illegally working for a subversive Putin-backed corrupt regime and you guys just won't loving quit it with some random shitposter

You've been posting since 2007 and you still haven't learned not to sign your posts...

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

iospace posted:

Which were already voting for Trump anyway. So pandering, really.

Maybe they were for someone else on the plane? I can't see Secret Service being ok with sharing duties with a private security detail.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Paul, you have to get down and dirty and put in the work!

*flies home to ivory tower every night on private plane*

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

theflyingexecutive posted:

trump's campaign manager was just caught red handed illegally working for a subversive Putin-backed corrupt regime and you guys just won't loving quit it with some random shitposter

wear the hat theflyingexecutive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

You've been posting since 2007 and you still haven't learned not to sign your posts...

lol

- eonwe

• Locked thread