Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ah. That's next on my list. Hints?

hide behind pills/the stairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
They changed the way invoking gives AD (aka not at all) and I'm really salty about it

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Semisponge posted:

They changed the way invoking gives AD (aka not at all) and I'm really salty about it
There was a huge spergpost about this on reddit, saying they replaced it (on PC anyway) with a buff to earned AD. Ultimately some math geeks came to the conclusion that it only works out worse for bots, and is in fact better for people who actually play the game.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ah. That's next on my list. Hints?

Semisponge advice is good.

IIRC there are 2 green guys, 1 blue guy, and a few blacks around the boss. I would suggest focusing the greens first, then blacks (prioritize them if they're about to hulk out), then the blue. Boss loves his AoE attacks so watch for the red.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

There was a huge spergpost about this on reddit, saying they replaced it (on PC anyway) with a buff to earned AD. Ultimately some math geeks came to the conclusion that it only works out worse for bots, and is in fact better for people who actually play the game.

It still sucks overall.

They reduced the T1 salvage levels by 1/3 so with bonus you'll get what you used to automatically get in mod 9 minus your free invoke AD. This includes ALL ring drops from Underdark/Maze Engine content.

Now instead of just salvaging stuff in my inventory I get to waste time swapping it between all my characters and keeping track of who has bonus AD. Inventory management is the best.

Also I hope you like Epic Temple of the Spider because you'll be running it twice a day this entire mod since the new dungeon's loot is even worse salvage wise. Most of the time CN also has worse returns on salvage.

Wanna do your weekly quests on Monday? Welp hope you have rough AD bonus stockpiled up. It takes about 2 days of 2.5 hours invoking to cover one of them.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Aug 19, 2016

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
I'm unemployed and still don't have enough time to play more that one character plus halfassing another. Also like all of my alts are unplayable because their gear is from mod 0 and I don't actually like playing them so now they're pretty much 100% useless.

:argh:

If they want people to get AD from actually playing the game then they need to make it more rewarding.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Can someone just confirm for me, as a cleric, if i'm in a group with a tank who can't take damage, a control mage who can't control the adds, a ranger who somehow manages to get himself in the middle of the tank's barely held together clusterfuck and a warlock who i'm assuming was making us all a nice crisp salad for afterwards, i'm not the one in the wrong for being the only fucker doing his job, am I?

I swear there's something about Malabog that attracts complete loving idiots. Salt ends.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

It's a universal MMO standard that the healer is always to blame. :v:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I was starting to lose a little steam and feeling letdown that a lot of the armor looked the same. Then last night I hit 30, got the cape from the Waukeen event, and also defeated Charthraxis and got the shield that is basically his skull. I look loving awesome and my fear of boring armor has been dealt with.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I was messing with this on Xbone and realized playing on console is dumb and I should just dust off my PC account with the Moon Elf unlocked and some other crap I don't remember how to do/use.

Could I please get a guild invite on Butts@Syrinxx?

Thanks!

e: Is there still a greasemonkey script to automate tradeskills in Firefox?

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Aug 20, 2016

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Can someone just confirm for me, as a cleric, if i'm in a group with a tank who can't take damage, a control mage who can't control the adds, a ranger who somehow manages to get himself in the middle of the tank's barely held together clusterfuck and a warlock who i'm assuming was making us all a nice crisp salad for afterwards, i'm not the one in the wrong for being the only fucker doing his job, am I?

I swear there's something about Malabog that attracts complete loving idiots. Salt ends.

The end of the faithful tree is pretty much a contingency vs. bad players but you do give up a lot of dps.

If you're anointed champion you can spam Anointed Army and your Sigil of the Devoted if you have it.

Rangers are lost cause though unless you get them to use Fox's Cunning, which lets everyone just stand in the red.

Gawrz
Aug 30, 2015
I heard goons were bad at video games and play Neverwinter. I am bad at video games, and probably bad at this game.

Damaia Incubore@gorzantus

I opened some boxes and have some stuff to put in guild as well. So much wasted inventory space.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Gawrz posted:

I heard goons were bad at video games and play Neverwinter. I am bad at video games, and probably bad at this game.

Damaia Incubore@gorzantus

I opened some boxes and have some stuff to put in guild as well. So much wasted inventory space.

Invite sent.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Lonelywood quests:

-The Lonelywood quest 'Training Day' is currently bugged and anyone failing it makes everyone doing the quest in the whole zone fail the quest. The key to completing it is finding a mostly empty instance and making a beeline to all 3 checkpoints while avoiding mobs and praying some other chucklefuck doesn't decide to repeatedly feed his recruit to some troll heroic encounter all day.

-The fishing pole from the winter event can be used for the fishing daily here to save you a lot of time. Stand a bit back from the fishing spot to find the right place to cast and don't fish from the same spot repeatedly or you'll get a bunch of boots.

-The Frost Giant scout quest that drops from frost goblins requires you to kill a specific pair of frost giants with 'scout' in their name. Don't kill the other frost giants as they're much harder and not needed for this quest.

-The sick refugees for the herbal medicine quest can be found by the beach in front of the tents. The blue quest area it directs you towards is currently in the wrong place.

-The scarecrows for the kill 10 scarecrow dropped quest can be found around the farm heroic encounter in the pumpkin patches but their respawn time is fairly long so group up if you see someone else waiting.

-Everfrost Resist potions can be bought from the inn for like 5 silver. This might not be intentional since they cost something like 200 Voninblood a piece in the campaign store.

Bryn Shander Quests

-The lure beasts out with fish quest in town can get bugged and the fish will lose the interaction sparkles. Switch to another instance to complete this one.

-Multiple named mobs drop items you can turn in for 50 Voninblod. Make sure the named mob isn't part of a heroic encounter though or you'll have a bad time.

-The Dungeon boots drop from large Heroic Encounters here if you want to grind those out with a group.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 22, 2016

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Servers and gateway both down at the moment.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

So run me through a typical day earning 20k from skirmishes and dungeons, because i'm not getting anywhere near that. I'm lucky if I hit 9k, and i've got VIP.

Everyone says two dungeons, 2 skirmishes and your invocations should be 16-18k, but I only seem to get the buffed rate for the first two events I do, after that it's down to 300AD per run. Do failed attempts you drop out of count toward your total?

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Failed attempts shouldn't count, but I wouldn't put it past something being broken somewhere.

Usually at cap running epic dungeons and skirmishes gives you a bunch of stuff to salvage into AD, though a patch recently came out that adjusted salvage values for T1 and T2 stuff so numbers players say to you may be slightly outdated.

After 2 runs of a dungeon, the AD gains for subsequent dungeon runs will drop off sharply. Same with skirmishes, but dungeons and skirmishes shouldn't be sharing their AD counts with each other (as in, even after you've drained dungeon AD, you should still get AD from skirmishes if you haven't ransacked them yet).

Also, run a few foundry quests too for AD on that front. Pick one that's fairly quick and isn't too cringeworthy (I personally like "Tired of Being the Hero").

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

2 Dungeons at 70 with no AD bonus should get 7k each and 2 Skirmishes should give around 3k each. After that all salvage should easily put you over the top, especially if you also do the Weekly AD quests.

If you have other character slots it's best to let them do the salvage and have your main use the bonus on quests/dungeon/skirmish rough AD.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 24, 2016

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Bert Roberge posted:

2 Dungeons at 70 with no AD bonus should get 7k each and 2 Skirmishes should give around 3k each. After that all salvage should easily put you over the top, especially if you also do the Weekly AD quests.
So things salvaged from epic dungeon runs count toward your daily limit?

Basically I run kessel (since that's pretty much the only 70 dungeon working on PS4) once, and get 3k AD from the chest and a blue worth about 3k as well. Second time I run it, I get 300 AD. Don't know why.

Same with skirmishes, first one will be about 2500, next one will only be about 300.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Kessell's retreat is a skirmish :ssh:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

So things salvaged from epic dungeon runs count toward your daily limit?

Basically I run kessel (since that's pretty much the only 70 dungeon working on PS4) once, and get 3k AD from the chest and a blue worth about 3k as well. Second time I run it, I get 300 AD. Don't know why.

Same with skirmishes, first one will be about 2500, next one will only be about 300.

Kessel's is a skirmish so run eTOS or eLOL for the larger haul. Hell even those 3 man dungeons will get you 7k a piece just nothing great in the chest at the end except a blue you can sell for 200-1k ad.

Kessel's is kinda bad too as a bunch of stuff that comes out of the chest only salvages into black ice.

Salvage only counts towards total RAD refined.

Dungeon and Skirmish runs should get you 2 large hauls each unless it's really weird on PS4 at the moment.

You PS4 guys don't have to worry about bonus RAD till next mod.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Aug 24, 2016

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
It wasn't in the patch notes, but they fixed the Epic dungeons on PS4 so we can actually see the instant-death zones now.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

valuum posted:

Ah, so I have in fact been running two skirmishes and no dungeons.

How do you tell the difference between the two, since on PS4 they're in the 'epic dungeons' tab? Also I hear people saying to do epic temple of spider, I only have (master) and i'm not high enough ilevel. I'm still a baby 1800.

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

valuum posted:

Why is it in the epic dungeons tab then? This loving game.

Pooncha posted:

Also, run a few foundry quests too for AD on that front. Pick one that's fairly quick and isn't too cringeworthy (I personally like "Tired of Being the Hero").
What are "foundry quests"? Google says Foundry isn't available on PS4 so nevermind.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Presteign posted:

What are "foundry quests"? Google says Foundry isn't available on PS4 so nevermind.
When you hit 70 Neverwinter even mentions being able to pick up quests from the boards, but they're never useable.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ah, so I have in fact been running two skirmishes and no dungeons.

How do you tell the difference between the two, since on PS4 they're in the 'epic dungeons' tab? Also I hear people saying to do epic temple of spider, I only have (master) and i'm not high enough ilevel. I'm still a baby 1800.

Kessel's Retreat and Shores of Tuern are still counted as skirmishes for AD purposes for some reason even though they're listed under Epic Dungeons.

You'll still get 7k AD a run running the normal version of Temple of the Spider or any other dungeon including Cloak Tower. Get your ilvl high enough to run the epic one for better salvage stuff and Seals of the Protector though.

'Quick' ilvl raising tips:

Since you have VIP buy as much Dusk gear as you can with trade bars minus the boots as they're usually pretty affordable on the AH.

Buy other gear with seals of the elements from the seal vendor. These seals drop from all T1 dungeons and demonic heroic encounters. If you have a decently leveled guild then you can buy some gear from them with guild marks too.

Buy rank 7s from the AH for all of your offense/defense slots. DPS characters can usually get away with putting rank 7 draconics in every slot. Other characters choose the stats for your build. For your utility slots buy or make lesser dragon's hoard enchants or fey blessing enchants from the Tyranny of Dragons or Sharandar campaigns.

Run the air part of the elemental evil campaign if you haven't yet to get your artifact weapon and upgrade all of your artifact equipment to at least blue. Weapon enchants and armor enchants also count towards ilvl so start saving for soulforge/whatever weapon enchant you want. Sometimes you get lucky with 11 coin artifact equipment boxes and get a Coalescent Ward which makes getting these much cheaper.

Dusk boots and Drowcraft shirt/pants can both be bought off the AH and are all ilvl 135. Do as many of the demonic heroic encounters you can in the Dread Ring/Icewind Dale/Well of Dragons to earn enough demonic ichor to get the Drowcraft equipment set from the Maze Engine campaign vendor. Demonic Slaughter is the easiest HE followed by Demonic Closure. Avoid Demonic Escape at all costs unless you have 2 CWs or other good controllers in your group. You can currently earn 400 demonic ichor a week on PS4 which will get you a Head, Arm, Boots, Shirt or Pants piece. If you want the Chest piece it'll take two weeks since that requires 650 ichor. These pieces are all bind on account so you can have multiple characters working on this if you hit the ichor cap, though in mod 10 they remove the weekly cap completely. The 'do 3 demonic heroic encounters' quests in these zones all drop campaign currency too to help you complete your campaign boons.

Upgrade all of your artifacts to at least purple quality. Artifacts are probably the cheapest/easiest way to quickly raise ilvl. Fey blessing enchants can help a lot with getting enough rank 5s to put into these. If you can, start leveling an alternative character to eventually get the sigils unlocked. You need two characters of different classes to have the Icewind Dale campaign unlocked to get your class sigils. DC's Sigil of the Devoted is one of the best artifacts in the game at the moment since it fills your AP gauge but look at the stats for the other classes to see what fits your build.

Once you get to ilvl 2100 you can run Throne of the Dwarven Gods, Prophecy of Madness, and Normal Demogorgon for a chance at some +4 rings with offense and defense slots that really boost your ilvl. Even the +1 and +2 rings from demonic heroic encounters can boost your ilvl quite a bit. Once you get to ilvl 2500 you will want to run epic demogorgon and use the campaign key on the chest to get enough twisted ichor to get your twisted artifact set. Unless you're a DC who may want the Burning Set from the elemental evil quest Weapons of Fire for AP gain. GFs, Protection OPs, and PVPers all want the Drowned weapon from the quest Weapons of Water as this is a free 50% heal over 30 seconds every minute. This quest is a hell of a tedious grind even with the buffs from the wands from the trade bar store so if you can buy the Elemental Artifact pack on the AH you can save yourself quite a bit of a headache.

Those free +hp or +recov armory kits you got while leveling up can add to your ilvl too. Hero of Neverwinter, Pirates Skyhold, and Plaguefire campaigns on the Sword Coast Chronicle all drop these and they are bind on account so you can transfer them between characters.

If you're still desperate to meet ilvl requirements you can buy armor kits and jewelry kits to further add to ilvl but these are pretty expensive.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Aug 24, 2016

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ok, so thanks to that I managed to refine 19,734 today. Trying to go into Malabog with pubbies was probably a mistake, cost me a lot of time. I think i'm just going to do Kessel, Master of the Hunt and then two Cloak Towers a day until I have more seals and a clearer idea where i'm headed.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

quote:

Lonelywood: Training Day no longer fails if another player enters the map.

lol

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Holy poo poo the teeth gnashing over this bug was glorious.

quote:

Fangbreaker Island now requires 29% Everfrost Resistance.

Also look at this bullshit to get people to stop using T1 sets.

I'm now even sure know how to get that much everfrost resist.

You can get 8% from the boots that drop in HEs
5% from a potion.
4% from boons.
2% from the guild food.
7% from the two trade bar store items - hope you have VIP!
which brings you up to 26%

I think you get a ring from a quest that has 3% but it has a utility slot instead of a defense slot.

Supposedly kits for shirts and pants show up in the campaign store for another 3% each.

Then you either need to buy the gloves from the zen store for 2250 zen or the hat for 2500 zen.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 25, 2016

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

:psyduck:

What

Why

Do they want nobody that isn't a money-burning poopsocker to play their shiny new skirmish map?

EDIT: It's now 28% Everfrost Resistance but that's still way too much.

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 25, 2016

kaizier
Jul 21, 2004

i read the Xbox version was seperate from PC. I am assuming the PS4 version is the say way, if so is there a PS4 Guild?

Gawrz
Aug 30, 2015
So after nolifing to get scourge warlock up to like 43 I found that I really dislike the interaction with the curses. The damage is incredible but god drat does it feel clunky. So I decided to re-roll Control Wizard..

Akita Angel@gorzantus

More awful names for the awful name throne. The leveling isn't too bad though pretty fun when you start 1 shotting packs, so I look forward to getting to that stage and beyond with control wizard.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Gawrz posted:

So after nolifing to get scourge warlock up to like 43 I found that I really dislike the interaction with the curses. The damage is incredible but god drat does it feel clunky. So I decided to re-roll Control Wizard..

Akita Angel@gorzantus

More awful names for the awful name throne. The leveling isn't too bad though pretty fun when you start 1 shotting packs, so I look forward to getting to that stage and beyond with control wizard.

Invite sent.

kaizier posted:

i read the Xbox version was seperate from PC. I am assuming the PS4 version is the say way, if so is there a PS4 Guild?

Xbox, PS4, and PC all have different servers so please specify which platform you're when asking for invites.

Unfortunately I'm on the PC version and have no idea who to send a message to on the PS4 or Xbox versions.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 26, 2016

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I must admit, it took me WAY too long to realize that (on PS4, at least) the game will recommend any item over your existing one as long as its iLevel is higher, regardless of stats.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Agrias120 posted:

I must admit, it took me WAY too long to realize that (on PS4, at least) the game will recommend any item over your existing one as long as its iLevel is higher, regardless of stats.

Yeah this can be a trap a lot of times because +100 movement does gently caress all to all characters.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I'm seeing double from running this CTA so many times in the last two days. I just want that loving mount to drop! :argh:

Bert Roberge posted:

Yeah this can be a trap a lot of times because +100 movement does gently caress all to all characters.

Yep, that's actually what tipped me off. It wanted me to equip something that was going to make me lose a shitload of important stats and gain a couple points of movement.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Agrias120 posted:

Yep, that's actually what tipped me off. It wanted me to equip something that was going to make me lose a shitload of important stats and gain a couple points of movement.

Even like +400 or +500 movement is pretty bad because that's just a few percentage points faster.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

It's really noticeable when you get things like this:

For reference, the "Recommended" item has literally the worst modifier you can have. I don't even know why it exists. It builds threat with all enemies every second, including enemies that would otherwise not attack you (e.g. enemies in low level zones).

It's the perfect ring to use if you want to be attacked by everything going from point A to point B, though! :shepicide:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

What's the 'best' way to spend real money on this game other than VIP? (Besides the typical goon answer of "don't").

I'm bringing up 4 guys right now in the 40s (DC, SW, CW, GF) and while the temptation to just buy a bunch of keys is high, I thought maybe there's something that could be claimed by all of them? Or a really quality pet for the wiz would be nice, I'm using the dumb faerie that comes with the Moon Elf. Any other suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Possibilities:

1) An epic (purple) mount. Quality-of-life increase is great and it's an account-wide unlock so every one of your characters will get one. Ye olde advice would be "get the cheapest" and this might still be true, but you may also want a mount with a +2000 Power bonus as every character can make some use of Power and 2000 Power at your level will let you roflstomp a lot of content.

2) Dragonborn Legend Pack (ideally wait for a sale). You unlock the Dragonborn race, get an extra character slot, a race reroll token, and some mostly cosmetic junk, but most importantly the pack gives all of your characters a 30-slot bag, a decent epic artifact, and a ring that scales with your level. The bag alone makes it from "alright" to "awesome".

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 29, 2016

• Locked thread