Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the serious dota2 thread can be found here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

HukHukHuk posted:

Forev's Axe against OG was good, I think it was MVP vs OG game 3

Which was contrasted by has completely garbage void the previous game. He whiffed as many chronos as I do.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kamikaze Raider posted:

The other Dota 2 shitposting thread is in the BYOB cool crew.

does bbg still post in it

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
THE TOWN returns for all your off-season mafia action

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Will there be another Nahaz freakout? There needs to be for it to count.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

Will there be another Nahaz freakout? There needs to be for it to count.

he's not there

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It should be a crime to deprive us of his tantrums during a Mafia game.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

It should be a crime to deprive us of his tantrums during a Mafia game.

i've watched 5 minutes of this and it's been nothing but maut flipping out on someone for saying he was too quiet so I think the void has been filled

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did you stick around for ODPixel to shout shut up 20 times in a row loudly?

These games are simultaneously interesting, funny, and absolutely awful.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

EE out of Team Secret

http://www.dota2.com/majorsregistration/list

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010
Now if n0tail gets kicked we'll know for a fact every team takes advice from the front page of Reddit

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

praise be to the president of estonia

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Now just confirm EG.EE and I will be happy. Puppy the xbox whisperer wasn't good enough. I want to see the salt golem work his magic.

e: I actually forgot he was a stand-in and played LD

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Xtanstic posted:

Now just confirm EG.EE and I will be happy. Puppy the xbox whisperer wasn't good enough. I want to see the salt golem work his magic.

e: I actually forgot he was a stand-in and played LD

It's a few weeks before the add period so unless an announcement is made it'll be a while before we know

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I can't imagine PPD would want to pick up EE. He kicked Aui after winning TI5 for constantly questioning his strategies, and Aui is a way more mildmannered dude than EE. Plus, they've already got Fear, one of the most valuable players you could ask to have on your team, so unless he goes back to support it seems pretty unlikely

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
2016-08-18 21:13:03 PDT Yawar () EverNovaS (ID: 100600249) Left the team

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I can't imagine PPD would want to pick up EE. He kicked Aui after winning TI5 for constantly questioning his strategies, and Aui is a way more mildmannered dude than EE. Plus, they've already got Fear, one of the most valuable players you could ask to have on your team, so unless he goes back to support it seems pretty unlikely

EE was previously offered a spot in the team but turned it down when he was with C9 I believe?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

EG doesn't really have any super glaring weaknesses. Sumail can run hot or cold but all mid players seem to. Even if they have an opportunity to upgrade the improvement might just be incrimental

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Wezlar posted:

EE was previously offered a spot in the team but turned it down when he was with C9 I believe?

Pro dota players are bad decision machines.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

EE to EG suspicions basically all come with the caveat of "if Fear retires"

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Plus, they've already got Fear, one of the most valuable players you could ask to have on your team, so unless he goes back to support it seems pretty unlikely

Or if he retires.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Unfunny Poster posted:

2016-08-18 21:13:03 PDT Yawar () EverNovaS (ID: 100600249) Left the team

I hope he leaves life

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

IcePhoenix posted:

EE to EG suspicions basically all come with the caveat of "if Fear retires"

Or Zai goes back to school.

MP left MVP Phoenix too, by the way. I'm not sure if that team is going to survive.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
ppd is playing on Twitch right now. He's getting dumpstered by a timber saw. 40 minute game, he has no t1 or t2, and they've taken zero towers. This team is bickering over chat. That's always a good sign.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
PPD is a broken man after being stomped by Wings

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
peter is the same he ever was

actual news:

EE quits secret
MP quits MVPP

(http://www.dota2.com/majorsregistration/list)

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

MVP is hosed

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

ZenVulgarity posted:

MVP is hosed

not necessarily, theres a chance they might just switch representation as 5

https://www.facebook.com/aquaheartnjh/posts/1647127695528675

quote:

I've reached out to Forev regarding his recent tweet and he was okay with talking about it.

Samqua (S): Hello Forev, if possible may I ask you some questions regarding your update on Twitter?

Forev (F): Yes

S: First I want to ask if it is confirmed with MVP

F: We have not confirmed anything with MVP yet, but we have opened up a possibility of signing with other organization with Director of MVP.

S: By 'We' would it be safe to assume that the entirety of the MVP Phoenix is in negotiation?

F: Yes, everyone's contracts last until this TI so we are in negotiation.

F: We are getting offers, and I made that tweet about the contract ending to notify more teams about it. We may stay under MVP with better terms or move to different organization, nothing is set for now.

S: So nothing is confirmed at this moment.

F: Yes, a lot of offers but there are roster issues or some other awkward stuff. Some without team house.

F: I plan to decide on the best offer within 2 or 3 weeks and make announcement when I do.

F: The team agreed that the best option would be all five of us staying together, but if some of us get really good offers individually we would let them go.

S: So unless some crazy offer happens the priority is having the five members to stick together.

F: Yeah that's it.

S: I believe my other questions are all answered along the way.

S: However, since this news broke out in twitter first, can you say a couple words for the Korean fans?

F: Nothing is confirmed so far, so please wait for the announcement in the future. And I am 100% not quitting DOTA.

Eng version for non-Korean speakers

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

dicks assassin posted:

Or Zai goes back to school.

MP left MVP Phoenix too, by the way. I'm not sure if that team is going to survive.

Now it's just V Pheonix

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

drunken officeparty posted:

I hope he leaves life

This but for EE. Even if Fear retires EE would downgrade that team harder than most other available NA carries.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Angrymantium posted:

This but for EE. Even if Fear retires EE would downgrade that team harder than most other available NA carries.

I know we all like to joke about the guy but lets be real here, he's not worse than other NA carries

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
There are only like 3 decent NA carries so that's not saying much.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

Red Red Blue posted:

I know we all like to joke about the guy but lets be real here, he's not worse than other NA carries

Bring back Aui and make Zai learn to play carry or something, EE cluelessy wandering into fights without turning his bkb on while yelling at his teammates about who would be which Inuyasha character is a death sentence

Hyperbole aside he looked bad even when Secret won Shanghai, and ever since he's been taken off the afk farm until we absolutely need you role his decision making is blatantly bad. He loves squishy agi heroes that need a lot of farm, but given his TB performance in the Secret vs LGD game he's not even decent there anymore.

Angrymantium fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 19, 2016

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

botany posted:

not necessarily, theres a chance they might just switch representation as 5

https://www.facebook.com/aquaheartnjh/posts/1647127695528675

I've honestly always been curious how the MVP contract worked what with them being literally the only Korean organization invested in dota. I mean If they had a competitive salary etc.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Red Red Blue posted:

Have you heard about TC the Terrific Carry?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Angrymantium posted:

yyeah those other NA carries who are better than EE, like

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
mason :911:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
EE is a really good carry when he isn't making questionable decisions that result in him getting ganked for the 4th time that match.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

i originally wanted to post something like "i swaer if any of you fuckers says mason im gonna flip my poo poo" but i deleted it because i thought surely nobody would do that even in this cesspit of a thead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Internet Kraken posted:

EE is a really good carry when he isn't making questionable decisions that result in him getting ganked for the 4th time that match.

EE doesnt strike me as somebody who takes direction well, like rzt

loving carries who think the whole game resolves around them i swear

• Locked thread