Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
New wonder, Oxford University : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht4kWz31vM0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I've never understood why people prefer wonder movies to the paintings and quotes

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
yeah those wonder movies are a bit uninspired.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Darth Windu posted:

So much virtue signaling in this thread I thought it was a TED talk

shut up idiot

e: Why do we need Europe AND the US? Just have one big white people civ

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

majormonotone posted:

shut up idiot

three civs:

white people, other people, poland

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

majormonotone posted:

shut up idiot

Historical Agenda: is a dick to all other Civs

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

majormonotone posted:

shut up idiot

Because that'd be the only civ unless you started interpreting civilization very liberally.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
:eyepop:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

three civs:

white people, other people, poland

To be fair, the Polish Commonwealth, Polish Republic, and Polish People's Republic should probably be separate civs to be properly representative. So five civs total.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I didn't realize this thread would be planning a racial supremacy mod for day one.

Omnicarus posted:

Because that'd be the only civ unless you started interpreting civilization very liberally.

:stare:

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Omnicarus posted:

Absolutely barbaric

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It makes sense when you think about it, that's why we call northern europe the cradle of civilization

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

Absolutely barbaric

I think in his scenario the barbs would not be white

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Historical Agenda: is a dick to all other Civs

Things would be better with the Aztecs in charge

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Omnicarus posted:

:nallears:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

To be fair, the Polish Commonwealth, Polish Republic, and Polish People's Republic should probably be separate civs to be properly representative. So five civs total.

Prussia for dlc?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

It makes sense when you think about it, that's why we call northern europe the cradle of civilization

:vince:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I've never understood why people prefer wonder movies to the paintings and quotes

Kurtofan posted:

yeah those wonder movies are a bit uninspired.

You do get a quote in the finished game.

The real beauty of the wonder videos in 6 is that the construction you see in the movie actually takes place on the map in game. If someone is building a wonder, you can see how far along they are in construction just by looking at it. It's a cool feature, and it makes sense to use those same assets and procedures in the wonder videos.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Byzantine posted:

Things would be better with the Aztecs in charge

The Aztecs get a bad rap for lopping off children's heads and bouncing them down the pyramid steps but c'mon, there's always going to be a few hiccups

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is why it was a mistake to have civs be anything more than a name and a portrait.

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

The Human Crouton posted:

You do get a quote in the finished game.

The real beauty of the wonder videos in 6 is that the construction you see in the movie actually takes place on the map in game. If someone is building a wonder, you can see how far along they are in construction just by looking at it. It's a cool feature, and it makes sense to use those same assets and procedures in the wonder videos.

This seems helpful if you are also trying to build the same wonder. Many times have I been beat by a wonder with one or two turns. It'd be nice to cancel it and move on.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

The paintings were the TITS, so well done.

Fister Roboto posted:

This is why it was a mistake to have civs be anything more than a name and a portrait.

Your posting was The Great Mistake. Get the gently caress outta here with that bland poo poo, I'm peruvian and I wana see my man Pachacuti / Huayna terracing farm his way to the Moon.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The Aztecs get a bad rap for lopping off children's heads and bouncing them down the pyramid steps but c'mon, there's always going to be a few hiccups

I think the incans are secretly the most terrible in terms of doling out human suffering, the aztecs are just less subtle

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

turboraton posted:

Your posting was The Great Mistake. Get the gently caress outta here with that bland poo poo, I'm peruvian and I wana see my man Pachacuti / Huayna terracing farm his way to the Moon.

heh, look at this guy playing Incas all wrong
the only right way to play as Pachacuti is to build roads over every mountain on the map :smug:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

O, let not the pains of death which come upon thee enter into my body. I am the god Tem, and I am the foremost part of the sky, and the power which protecteth me is that which is with all the gods forever.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I think that if ever a mortal heard the voice of God, it would be in a garden, at the cool of the day.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The katun is established at Chichen Itza. The settlement of the Itza shall take place there. The quetzal shall come, the green bird shall come. Ah Kantenal shall come. It is the word of God. The Itza shall come.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I somewhat doubt the geographical appeal of the game shifts on what Civs are available to play in it. Is this just a theory or does anyone have stats to back it up? Did the Spain DLC sell better in Spain than any other DLC?

Smells like spurious bullshit to me.

For the record this is the box art for V: BNW in Poland

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The ancient Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing.

Magil Zeal posted:

For the record this is the box art for V: BNW in Poland

That's kinda eye-rollingly sad. I assume China got their own boxart too, but who else did?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

does the polish on that box say "Finally, poland!" or does it say something like "Don't worry, poland is very strong"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

The katun is established at Chichen Itza. The settlement of the Itza shall take place there. The quetzal shall come, the green bird shall come. Ah Kantenal shall come. It is the word of God. The Itza shall come.

chills down my spine

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

does the polish on that box say "Finally, poland!" or does it say something like "Don't worry, poland is very strong"

"Build the civilization of Poland!" is my best translation of the text at the top, and the text below mentions Casimir III by name.

Edit: Or there's a better translation below

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 19, 2016

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

The first two lines seem to be "play as polish civilization" and "historii serii" makes me think the middle line is "for the first time in the history of the series." The last line clearly says something about hussars and Casimir III.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

"Available in the game for the first time in the history of the series : Hussars and King Casimir III The Great!"

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Omnicarus posted:

I would prefer 4 civs, the Orient, the Occident, the Nadir , and the New World, with the leaders being White Man, Yellow Man, Black Man, and Noble Savage.

I'm down.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Also was that the entire leader list leaked? Does that mean no Persia, Babylon or Mongolia?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
What determines what resolutions you can make with the Apostolic Palace/UN? (Civ4)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's almost as if having to create and voice-act intricate diplomacy screens, and design and balance totally unique abilities and units severely limits the number of civs they can have in the game due to time and budget constraints.

"But my favorite civs aren't in this game! What the gently caress firaxis!" said literally everybody.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

It's almost as if having to create and voice-act intricate diplomacy screens, and design and balance totally unique abilities and units severely limits the number of civs they can have in the game due to time and budget constraints.
As opposed to having a list of identical civilizations with minimal to no flavor or personality.
I'll take "fewer, but better"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm fine either way, but the people complaining about their favorite civs not being present should realize that it would be impossible to satisfy everyone.