Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Kira is an incredibly entertaining villain.

I'm weird sucker for villains with a good social reputation or Horrible Villain Who Manages To Blend In Perfectly With Society and Kira is on some good Patrick Bateman bullshit. Just a terrible monster who needs to be stopped, but is somehow warped enough to walk the line and be able to exist perfectly in society until the pressure becomes too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
The entire latter half of DiU wouldn't have happened if josuke and okuyasu weren't such liars

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He tries his very best to be a serial killer. :3

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He tries his very best to be a serial killer. :3

i'd link the Araki quote but unfortunately i don't have it on hand

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Devil Ed posted:

I don't understand why people like Kira so much, and this episode just pushes him even more into unlikable weirdo for me

That's the entire point you dense motherfucker!

I'm sorry, that was rude. But the point of why people like Kira over Kars is that he's so very easy to hate. And you root for every misfortune that befalls him because he's such a monster.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Kira's got a much more grounded personality compared to the guys before him. His goals are simple and he's actively in the underdog role in like, everything up until the very end (where he stops giving a gently caress about everything). They also never really make you try and sympathize with him so it's just fun seeing him fail.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Josuke Higashikata posted:

splash page for the official site updated

The smug "oh you!" face and the crossed arms make Kira look like he's posing for the promo art of some crappy family guy knock off

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
I wish King Crimson would erase the next week so that I could watch Shigechi get murdered right now

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Star Platinum posted:

I wish King Crimson would erase the next week so that I could watch Shigechi get murdered right now

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

:yeah:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

no they will not posted:

The entire latter half of DiU wouldn't have happened if josuke and okuyasu weren't such liars

:laugh:

Devil Ed posted:

I don't understand why people like Kira so much, and this episode just pushes him even more into unlikable weirdo for me

He's actually not one of my favorite villains :ssh: I like Sailor Kira a million times more. But he's still fun so I've been looking forward to it.

Can Of Worms posted:

The pacing and storytelling for the chapter was pretty abrupt, I wonder if Araki decided to fastforward to whatever he's got lined up next?

It did read like something he wrapped up faster than he wanted to, but I doubt he intended to spin it out for three months. I'm sure he just figured it'd be simpler to put out there and realized as he was working that he'd have to really shove stuff together?

It was still a great story and all, but I agree that it was a little rushed at the end.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

He's actually not one of my favorite villains :ssh: I like Sailor Kira a million times more.

Sailor Kira is a delightful rear end in a top hat and creep, but is he a villain?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He is neither and rear end in a top hat or a creep, he's a good lad.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Kira almost ruined famous enterpreneur Tamaki Damo's legitimate business, that he worked so hard to build.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Frionnel posted:

Kira almost ruined famous enterpreneur Tamaki Damo's legitimate business, that he worked so hard to build.

Responding to this comment will be a decision point for Josuke: stand with Damo, or stand with Kira?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I stand with both. Kira and Damo both did nothing wrong except die.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

I actually forgot how long the American Psycho monologue reference went on.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Neato posted:

I've been between watching the anime as it airs and lurking this thread, and finally ended up reading the manga, and i'm hooked. Im at the alien guy chapter right now, and its probably the weirdest thing i've seen so far in part 4. i also liked how Araki felt it was necessary to have Rohan and the kid inexplicably flying through the air to make rock paper scissors more exciting.

Highway Star is the arc right after and I think its my favorite in all of Jojo. Youre in for a treat.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will also do my best at being a serial killer

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Baal posted:

I will also do my best at being a serial killer

will you hunt bad posters

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will hunt everyone who makes posts I don't like

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Baal posted:

I will hunt everyone who makes posts I don't like

rip good posters

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm not sure what's worse, people losing it over Killer Queen looking off for like three seconds or people losing it over "Deadly Queen" cause like what the gently caress did you think would happen?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Moltrey posted:

I'm not sure what's worse, people losing it over Killer Queen looking off for like three seconds or people losing it over "Deadly Queen" cause like what the gently caress did you think would happen?

I like talking about changed names because it opens up the floor to new suggestions

Can't wait until we see Mikitaka's incredible ability: Dirt, Blowies, and Hot Stuff

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
:rip: Murderous Matriarch.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

rip good posters

Your days are numbered

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I like talking about changed names because it opens up the floor to new suggestions

Can't wait until we see Mikitaka's incredible ability: Dirt, Blowies, and Hot Stuff

It's gonna be Terra Ventus like it was in ASB

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Baal posted:

It's gonna be Terra Ventus like it was in ASB

that's boring

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk what happened to some of the more creative names crunchy was using in Part 3, but some of the Part 4 name changes are super lame except for the fun ones.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
RPS Kid better have BoyManMan

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

I think EW&F's name wasn't mentioned until an art book from years down the line, like the nameless part 3 villains (heck, I heard once that in the initial magazine version of Part 6, Planet Waves was originally called Earth, Wind, & Fire)

Baal posted:

Idk what happened to some of the more creative names crunchy was using in Part 3, but some of the Part 4 name changes are super lame except for the fun ones.

The Part 3 names were picked by Araki when the manga was being translated. The part 4 onward names were from ASB

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Like they turned Boyz II Men into BoyManMan, that's so dumb and so good

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Flaccid Pancake, the one who rules the darkness.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Sticky Fingers being renamed Zipper Man makes me scream

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like you have stupidly funny stuff like BoyManMan and then there's Lil Bomber and you're just like why

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Zipper Man and Six Bullets are the only truly bad localized names imo

Some people actually hate Filthy Acts At A Reasonable Price and I wonder what's like to be born without humor

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Bruno opens a zipper and pokes his head out of a dude's shoulder

"hi im zipperman"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

I think EW&F's name wasn't mentioned until an art book from years down the line, like the nameless part 3 villains (heck, I heard once that in the initial magazine version of Part 6, Planet Waves was originally called Earth, Wind, & Fire)

The Part 3 names were picked by Araki when the manga was being translated. The part 4 onward names were from ASB

No, not the manga names. Stuff like Captain Dragon and Billie Jean were not choices made by Viz or Araki. Those were names Crunchy made up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I hate golden wind and stone ocean... those are the names of the parts... that would be like if soft and wet was called JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: JoJolion