Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm a pretty good Soldier 76, but a goddamn terrible tank. I can't play any of the tanks worth poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm a pretty good Soldier 76, but a goddamn terrible tank. I can't play any of the tanks worth poo poo.

D.Va D.Va D.Va . her abilities are really simple to learn and she's a ton of fun. As opposed to Reinhardt or someone where you're mostly hanging out in front of the team and keeping them safe, she's in more of a disruptive role where if you spot a sniper or a Pharah or someone hanging out on a ledge taking pot-shots you just engage your shields and fly up there and harass the poo poo out of them. Definitely the most fun I have playing any hero, it feels so good to boost past the front line of enemies and kill their Mercy and jet back out

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

winston is also great for just flying into the enemy's backline and loving them up

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

winston is also great for just flying into the enemy's backline and loving them up
He's definitely been my big success so far for tanking, I like his mobility. But I think I just like to play ambush classes, and there are other characters I'd rather ambush with.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

He's definitely been my big success so far for tanking, I like his mobility. But I think I just like to play ambush classes, and there are other characters I'd rather ambush with.

Try the Hog.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Is there ever a bad situation to pick 76? He seems to be the most versatile hero available

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

76 is a really good all-rounder, the only time hes a bad choice is if your team already has enough dmg and needs something else

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm very interested in learning the woman with the energy beam and all the tiny sentries, but being a support without healing seems pretty limiting.

The guy with all the floating orbs also seems like a cool take on healing and support.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

symmetra is really defense class, idk why she's grouped with medics when her whole game is placing turrets and lobbing BFG balls at the general direction of the enemy. her ult is also essential for defense

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
A good Symmetra ult is a gamechanger in early defense. Plus her little lovely beam puts out insane damage once you get it charged up. You gotta have an actual healer on the team too though, all she can do is put +25 shields on people.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm very interested in learning the woman with the energy beam and all the tiny sentries, but being a support without healing seems pretty limiting.

The guy with all the floating orbs also seems like a cool take on healing and support.

Zen is kinda hard to get the hang on and his normal orb healing is probably the shittiest one but his ult and damage output are loving bonkers.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ride The Motherfucking Hog.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

One benefit I've found playing Lucio: it's really easy to get people to stick close to you and move as a unit if you promise to keep them all healed, and then you can use his speed boost to rush a point. Also boosted healing will heal everyone to full in like a second, and you can do it pretty frequently.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

PTR Hanzo can apparently shoot people from behind due to his insane hitbox now

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

PTR Hanzo can apparently shoot people from behind due to his insane hitbox now

Im sorry but what does this mean? Given that I know what the public test realm is.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kazvall posted:

Im sorry but what does this mean? Given that I know what the public test realm is.

I think he meant he can hit people that are behind him.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I think he meant he can hit people that are behind him.

Yeah check these out

https://gfycat.com/RareFearfulHamadryas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrQOhKgoPKw

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

That's insane.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm watching these over and over wondering just what the gently caress?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kazvall posted:

I'm watching these over and over wondering just what the gently caress?
The hitbox on the Huntsman in TF2 was also hosed. Game designers don't know how to do bows.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Mercy's olympic skin is the only good one i've seen so far. Do want

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
My fifth or six loot box I opened contained a Legendary Junkrat skin. How rare are those.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

My fifth or six loot box I opened contained a Legendary Junkrat skin. How rare are those.

its like a 1/20ish chance so pretty dang rare

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

The hitbox on the Huntsman in TF2 was also hosed. Game designers don't know how to do bows.

yeah i was thinking it was the huntsman all over again. great -_-

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

rediscover posted:

You see a Legendary roughly 1/10 boxes so its like a 2.5% chance of any item being a Legendary. People have speculated that the special seasonal Summer Games skins have a higher drop rate though . And it's a Blizzard game so there's almost definitely a "pity timer" or something that guarantees a legendary after a certain # of boxes without opening one

edit: yup if you open 24 boxes without getting a legendary the 25th one will 100% give you one

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah i was thinking it was the huntsman all over again. great -_-
It's weird because, just like TF2, this game has multiple projectile-based attacks that don't have hitbox problems.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in the vid it doesnt really look that bad, just a v slight amount of forgiveness. in tf2 huntsman arrows were gigantic blocks that favored headshots

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Mercy's olympic skin is the only good one i've seen so far. Do want

sexy tracer got me to finally play her and shes really fun, its cool not being hit by anyone and only fearing mccree

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Arrows should have dumb hitboxes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

So the best way to deal with Reinhardt is to ignore him and go somewhere else, right?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

So the best way to deal with Reinhardt is to ignore him and go somewhere else, right?

or just outmanuever him and kick his rear end from afar

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Winston, Reaper, or Roadhog, anybody else just focuses the shield to take it off of him.

Bastion can take a shield down in a reload and kill rein before he's able to reach in a charge in most situations.

Pharah can attack from above.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

With Winston it seems like his short range means Reinhardt can just drop the shield and use his shockwave or charge, Winston's been the character I have the most trouble handling Reinhardt with.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

With Winston it seems like his short range means Reinhardt can just drop the shield and use his shockwave or charge, Winston's been the character I have the most trouble handling Reinhardt with.

Just dance around him, you have more range. If he's fighting you he's not protecting his team with the shield and your team can start assisting you taking him down.

If you bait a charge you can jump to avoid it and then he's mega screwed, he'll be exposed until the charge is finished.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 20, 2016

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

fearing mccree

Uhhh, why.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Uhhh, why.

Because it's high noon.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Uhhh, why.

he can blow your head off and the stun guarantees that

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you're going to be scared of McCree then you should be scared of Roadhog, Soldier, Ana, Pharah, and a bunch of other ones because they all have a way to stop a tracer and/or kill them in one hit if you let them.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

McCree seems pretty standard for an attacking class. He's never seemed unfair to me at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mccree is literally built to counter tracer and genji lol. theres nothing wrong with him but thats one of his main roles

• Locked thread