Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

treiz01 posted:

Not bad, guy who is probably the #1 most ignored poster on the forums. My bans and probations are for quality, I don't have time to produce the quantity you clearly do ;)

This post makes me want to probate you instead of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

This post makes me want to probate you instead of him.

¿Por que no los dos?:zoid:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

It's tempting.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

It's tempting.

Does it take longer to peck out your posts with only a beak?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

strangemusic posted:

Oh god were you in Point Roberts?

Oh no, just upstate New York.

The 'town' is basically just some buildings clustered around an interstate exit.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

OSU_Matthew posted:

Congrats! One you get into the water habit, soda and everything else just becomes repulsive.

To complement your cold water, I highly highly recommend trying out some True Lime packets (or the True Lemon, which is excellent as well). It's cold crystallized lime wedges, put into a packet, no artificial sweeteners or coloring or anything, just a convenient wedge of citrus in a packet. Phenomenal stuff--I buy the 500 count and it lasts me ages and ages

Thanks dude, I'll give it a shot! *chugs bud light*

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

I bought 500 of those crystalized lime wedges because they were cheap and I like flavored water but hate soda.

Why not Topo Chio Lime?

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Inzombiac posted:

I bought 500 of those crystalized lime wedges because they were cheap and I like flavored water but hate soda.
:hfive:

Trillest Parrot posted:

Thanks dude, I'll give it a shot! *chugs bud light*

It's also great in cheap beers, especially corona!

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

bowmore posted:

bought some sleeves and a tape

So what's with cassettes kind of coming back lately? Is it a hipster nostalgia thing or do people like recordings that sound like muddy rear end in a top hat?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
He's a poor and his car only has a tape deck. How dare you?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

KingColliwog posted:

1400 watt of power. Down to 100$ instead of the usual 270$ canadian, can't wait to try destroying food

Can you provide a link to this? I cannot tell the model number or anything from your picture. I am looking for a new blender but do not want to spend $500 on one. I need something decent that can handle ice and frozen fruit mostly (smoothies) but also might use it for other things. I don't need to be able to blend 3 iPhones at once.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

travisray2004 posted:

So what's with cassettes kind of coming back lately? Is it a hipster nostalgia thing or do people like recordings that sound like muddy rear end in a top hat?

It was/is the cheapest way to do a super small run of an album. Plus hipster cred. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it has gotten more expensive since it got cool and is no longer the cheapest way.

Sleepstupid
Feb 23, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

I'm sorry, what now???

Google isn't helping and I must know more about this.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

taqueso posted:

It was/is the cheapest way to do a super small run of an album. Plus hipster cred. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it has gotten more expensive since it got cool and is no longer the cheapest way.

Wouldn't a digital release be cheaper?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Trastion posted:

Can you provide a link to this? I cannot tell the model number or anything from your picture. I am looking for a new blender but do not want to spend $500 on one. I need something decent that can handle ice and frozen fruit mostly (smoothies) but also might use it for other things. I don't need to be able to blend 3 iPhones at once.

Oster Versa
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EO1AQUU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

travisray2004 posted:

Can't leave a digital download laying carelessly in my Pinto next to the Pabst empties to subtly show how retro and cool I am to my friends.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

travisray2004 posted:

Analog Nomad Lyfe

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
A dashboard camera:

It's a pretty inexpensive, no-thrills model, but then so's my car.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sleepstupid posted:

I'm sorry, what now???

Google isn't helping and I must know more about this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KROYKQO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sleepstupid
Feb 23, 2009
Oh, well that explains it. By "crystallized lime wedges" you meant flavor plackets. :jerkbag:

You'll be hearing from my lawer.

Thanks anyways

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Trastion posted:

We bought the same one recently based on the review here:

http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-blender/

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Trastion posted:

It's the Oster Versa 1400 watt. This is the "tall jar" or whatever version, I'd recommend getting the compact jar if they are the same price since it's pretty tall when put together (the motor on those high powered blenders are huge). But hey for 100$ instead of the usual 240 which was the previous lowest I had seen it in Canada I'm ok with the tall version!

The thing is powerful as f... Having a blast making ice cream and frozen yogurt. Obviously ideal for smoothies. Seriously I can't recommend it enough! The only thing I can't know is how long it will last, but it has a 7 years warranty and even cheap blender seem to be impossible to kill so I'm hopeful.

But wait there's more! the thing clean itself! You just half-fill it with hot water and a few drops of soap and then let it run on high for 30 seconds and it will come out clean even if you just made peanut butter in it. This is an awesome feature since cleaning blender sucks

Seriously never thought I'd be excited about a blender

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 22:30 on Aug 19, 2016

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009
Nevermind.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

travisray2004 posted:

Federal prisons don't allow cd's. Apparently cassettes are more difficult to make into a shiv

Sleepstupid posted:

Oh, well that explains it. By "crystallized lime wedges" you meant flavor plackets. :jerkbag:

You'll be hearing from my lawer.

Thanks anyways

Nope, it's just crystallized lime wedges. No flavoring.

Catatron Prime has a new favorite as of 06:02 on Aug 20, 2016

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

travisray2004 posted:

they never went anywhere, it's cheaper for a small artist to do tapes than vinyl runs. plus the good thing is they don't actually sound any different than cds and don't damage as easily.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

bowmore posted:

they never went anywhere, it's cheaper for a small artist to do tapes than vinyl runs.

Uhh... Why is it a choice between cassettes and vinyl, and not CDs?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to pull the tape out of your CD on accident, oh wait, CDs are way better because lol tape.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Uhh... Why is it a choice between cassettes and vinyl, and not CDs?
cds are a dead format :0

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Got a present from HMRC:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Cassettes are coming back because it's cheap, nostalgic, and fun to hunt around for them in thrift stores and such. Who cares?

Guarantee in like 5-10 years, people will get super nostalgic for CDs, along with emo music, Paris Hilton, and everything else we forgot about from the 00s.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
people are already nostalgic for emo

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Coffee And Pie posted:

Cassettes are coming back because it's cheap, nostalgic, and fun to hunt around for them in thrift stores and such. Who cares?

Guarantee in like 5-10 years, people will get super nostalgic for CDs, along with emo music, Paris Hilton, and everything else we forgot about from the 00s.

Dre. You forgot about Dre. From 2001

Anagram of GINGER has a new favorite as of 13:34 on Aug 20, 2016

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

OSU_Matthew posted:

Nope, it's just crystallized lime wedges. No flavoring.

Is it a powder or is it shaped like a lime wedge? If it's a powder it's basically natural lime flavour right? Like they dry limes and powder them basically? Still cool, but I can see how people expected like an actual lime wedge upon first reading "crystallized lime wedges" and not natural flavour packets

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

KingColliwog posted:

Is it a powder or is it shaped like a lime wedge? If it's a powder it's basically natural lime flavour right? Like they dry limes and powder them basically? Still cool, but I can see how people expected like an actual lime wedge upon first reading "crystallized lime wedges" and not natural flavour packets

From the description, it's cold-pressed citrus juice and oil which has been crystallized, with each packet being equivalent to a wedge.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I have a casette deck in my car, but i use it to play music from my iphone. I dont remember the last time I saw a casette, but thanks for reminding me to buy some Bowmore

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I bought an old car that came with a tape deck/CD combo so I bought an album on tape just to do have an actual tape in the car. The stereo has decided it wants to keep it forever and won't eject it.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

88h88 posted:

I bought an old car that came with a tape deck/CD combo so I bought an album on tape just to do have an actual tape in the car. The stereo has decided it wants to keep it forever and won't eject it.

That's the true cassette experience.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Daimo posted:

Got a present from HMRC:

Whoa, there was a gun in your tax refund, or is that one of those novelty cheques?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Wait I still have all my old cassettes from the 80's. Are you telling me people will buy them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Daimo posted:

Got a present from HMRC:

Beretta started making staplers?!