Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

SirPhoebos posted:

I discovered that people are still recording AoE2 multiplayer matches over a decade since the game came out. I used to watch those a ton in college and seeing a couple videos was a bit of a nostalgia trip. Then I went looking for Age of Mythology matches, and for a second thought about getting it on Steam before remembering that I was terrible at RTS games.

"Well, Titan's Quest is kinda close, and I never finished that," so I reinstalled that instead.

it got rereleased and even a new expansion recently, so that probably helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

VideoGames posted:

I love that I can play PSNOW games on my Vita. I just wish I could put more things on it because the hardware is so nice. I want to play all games on it.

The Vita is a great little piece of hardware and I have written so much on what Sony hosed up about it. Remember that when it first released, they were pushing ATT mobile connectivity (but not for downloading games or multiplayer... think about that), it had no PSX compatibility, and the only game that has made actual fun use of the rear touch is Tearaway. All they'd need to do is update processor/memory/screen, remove the rear touch in favor of L2/R2 bumpers on the back, and support cheaper storage and they'd have created the best handheld not capable of playing of Nintendo games.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Pretty glad I built a new computer with a 1070 and GSync. Deus Ex might actually run well on it!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

ImpAtom posted:

The plot is effectively a Mega Man game's plot except twice as wordy as it needs to be

two times zero is still zero

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mak0rz posted:

two times zero is still zero

No there`s only one Zero in that game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
There is a series of casual time management games called Delicious! Emily's and my fiancee asked me to look up if they had released any new games in that series yet. The wikipedia page had this on it.

I always get a chuckle out of reading something on wikipedia and then the page suddenly shifts into some stuff someone just typed in and didn't bother spell or grammar checking, but I'm easily amused to meh

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

No there`s only one Zero in that game.

Now now.

There's also ABSOLUTE ZERO.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The lord of the rings game that was a shameless copy of FFX combat system was cool

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

Now now.

There's also ABSOLUTE ZERO.

This was the game we got instead of an actual follow-up to Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

In Training posted:

The lord of the rings game that was a shameless copy of FFX combat system was cool

Eh. I`d rather have gotten more of those beat-em-ups. That first one is REALLY good despite being infuriatingly single player.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh those were far and away the best lord of the rings games. I played a shitload of I think Two Towers coop.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Those stupid ghosts that you can't combo kill or counter are the worst part of that game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

This was the game we got instead of an actual follow-up to Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter.

Nah, that was Dead Rising. Members of the DQ team worked on that which is why it has the same kinda gimmick.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

dead rising is extremely good so i thank them

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

In Training posted:

Oh poo poo maybe that's the FFX clone I was thinking of. I know there was one in that era that was a blatant carbon copy and thinking back on it Command Mission wasn't it.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, that was Dead Rising. Members of the DQ team worked on that which is why it has the same kinda gimmick.

Yeah, the point of the first Dead Rising was never to do everything on your first try. Your first time through was basically either learning how to play the game the best you could or just loving around until the timer ran out. A Level 1 Frank ain't gonna be much fun to play as against most of the bosses and the general hordes.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why do they keep bringing back Frank West instead of Chuck

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I want there to be an alternate ending for dead rising 1 where everything turns out ok because you stop the dumbass old lady from letting the zombies in in the first place

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

I want there to be an alternate ending for dead rising 1 where everything turns out ok because you stop the dumbass old lady from letting the zombies in in the first place

That moment was ridiculous but they likely would've gotten in some other way.

That game's tone is so loving weird. So many of the moments seem like pure comedy but they're played very seriously, or at least feel like they are. Maybe it's lost in translation.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I miss Breath of Fire.... :negative:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Lurdiak posted:

That moment was ridiculous but they likely would've gotten in some other way.

That game's tone is so loving weird. So many of the moments seem like pure comedy but they're played very seriously, or at least feel like they are. Maybe it's lost in translation.

it's good

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

oddium posted:

it's good

I prefer my parody more overt.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/766666909290987520

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
And you people said Metroid is dead :rolleyes:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Arby's gonna get sued :ohdear:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Meatcraft sounds like it would make a good minecraft sequel, Microsoft should get on that.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

That's just precious :3:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

seek the federation forks

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Jay Rust posted:

Arby's gonna get sued :ohdear:

Reggie is prepared to settle for a lifetime supply of curly fries.

And to imagine speaking of food, this could have been Reggie's only legacy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Reggie is prepared to settle for a lifetime supply of curly fries.

And to imagine speaking of food, this could have been Reggie's only legacy.

I remember liking the Big New Yorker as a kid but I wonder how I'd feel about it if it was still around today.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/766748512545415168

Help Im Alive posted:

Why do they keep bringing back Frank West instead of Chuck

At the end of Dead Rising 3 Chuck shows up as a grizzled biker gang leader who tracked you down because one of your survivor friends is a grown-up runaway Katey and he helps you take on the big bad at the end.

Guy Mann fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Aug 20, 2016

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Hmmm I don't know about this part, Activision:

quote:

Customization starts with picking one of the ten classes. However, doing that locks that class to the crystal. You will never be able to wipe the crystal clear and truly start fresh. You can only tear your creation down to its pre-customized form and create a new hero in that class.

I asked Toys for Bob co-founder Paul Reiche about the decision. "We wanted to make sure that there wasn't a sea of options, and that there weren't so many different factors affecting the gameplay of the character that you couldn't focus and create what we thought of as a class," he told me. If you could constantly shift absolutely everything about it, you almost lose the fun of having a particular kind of character and the distinctions that we have. So as we were building it, we didn't know to what degree people would be changing their characters. What we have found is that they settle on a physical form for the base character pretty fast. Then they'll adjust gear, because it has stats. And if something shows up, like a new tagline piece or voice, they might experiment with that. It sort of resolves itself in less than an hour, and then people stick with that character and press forward. It is primarly to give people a direction. We think that helps define the name you give it, the appropriate voice, the color set you choose."

We confirmed that resetting isn't an option. You can still reassign owners, but you can't tear a Imaginator back to its base form or reset its level.

"We allow changing of ownership, but we're not resetting the Imaginator," Reiche says. "You can tear it down all the back to the star form. The idea is that they start as a constellation, and you pull them out. They're made of stars, and then you make them more physical. You can go back to that as much as you want. But you can't go through the reset functionality."

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Can you explain what the crystal is for those of us who are grown adults and not fully up-to-date on the upcoming Skylanders title?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Thanks to whoever posted about that psn flash sale, I picked up dmc4 special edition bundle for $15 and Another World 20th Anniversary Edition for like $1.50.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Can you explain what the crystal is for those of us who are grown adults and not fully up-to-date on the upcoming Skylanders title?

You basically use one to make your own character. They're going to run about ten dollars each.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

The new Skylander's gimmick is 'create a character.'

The crystal is a blank character for your create-a-character thing. You buy crystals from the actual real-world store.

There are different classes and once you lock a specific class to the create-a-character thing you can never change the class even if you alter the rest of the character's stuff.

So basically you can't respec from Barbarian to Priest or whatever the Skylanders equivalent is. Once you pick Barbarian the only way to get a new class is to buy a new toy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skylanders is a scam lol

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FirstAidKite posted:

That's just precious :3:

Didn't call it a "Meatroid", 0/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie