Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Jones has the resume outside of KBM to go with it. Byron's gone from spec cars to KBM trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Genocide Tendency posted:

This.

Its why I am not willing to commit to Erik Jones being THE NEXT BIG THING. He has been in JGR equipment. I want to see him run like that in RCR, Hendrick JRM, Petty, CGR cars. He runs like he does in that equipment then I will believe.

Erik Jones is a lights out sprint car driver, he's more than qualified for the seat and has looked great so far.

Throw JWT in Jones' car and he'd still wreck the fucker.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
Jones is the real deal. Honestly though, people forget that Billy Byron is running the exact same as Jones did last year, only he hasn't stepped on his dick all season long and thus have the results. Forget who's holding the wheel, that is the exact same 4 team Jones ran in 2015. Now, that said Jones is an incredible, proven talent and probably the better of the two. Thaaat said Billy is striking a pretty good Jimmy portrait right now, and to a team owner there's nothing better than someone who can win championships.

Genocide Tendency posted:

This.

Its why I am not willing to commit to Erik Jones being THE NEXT BIG THING. He has been in JGR equipment. I want to see him run like that in RCR, Hendrick JRM, Petty, CGR cars. He runs like he does in that equipment then I will believe.

Trick is, already jones has made himself such a commodity that he'll probably never have to worry about that exact thing unless he goes on a horrifying, kasey-like ride later. Fastest get the rocketships to drive and such. If he shows any hint of promise in a cup car (he will) he'll be with gibbs for a loooooong, long time.

Some Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 18, 2016

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
I've only seen Erik Jones live in an asphalt super late model, and holy gently caress is he the real deal.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

There's also the slim, but fascinating chance that Jones somehow sucks in Joe Gibbs equipment in Cup, only to find his stride with another team willing to give him a chance. Joey Logano was a pen stroke away from full-time Xfinity, limited Cup before he went to Penske.

Granted, you can make the strong argument that Jones has been developed properly and Joey wasn't.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

So I've suspected it for awhile, but...which one of you nerds is nascarcasm? It's gotta either be someone itt or else we need to get them a SA account.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I'd rather have NASFACTS.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm the orange cone sry

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Jones is the real deal. Honestly though, people forget that Billy Byron is running the exact same as Jones did last year, only he hasn't stepped on his dick all season long and thus have the results. Forget who's holding the wheel, that is the exact same 4 team Jones ran in 2015. Now, that said Jones is an incredible, proven talent and probably the better of the two. Thaaat said Billy is striking a pretty good Jimmy portrait right now, and to a team owner there's nothing better than someone who can win championships.

Trick is, already jones has made himself such a commodity that he'll probably never have to worry about that exact thing unless he goes on a horrifying, kasey-like ride later. Fastest get the rocketships to drive and such. If he shows any hint of promise in a cup car (he will) he'll be with gibbs for a loooooong, long time.

is it true that it's the fastest that get paid and the fastest also get laid? A semi-pro racing driver told me this once.

I keep hearing Jones's name brought up, and I am interested. Frankly I'm interested to see if we'll ever see Daniel Suarez in a decent ride in Cup soon. I really like that guy.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
15 flat on the pole for noted hot shoe Erik Jones..

:captainpop:

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Not sure why a double post, but I will reiterate.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

CBJSprague24 posted:

There's also the slim, but fascinating chance that Jones somehow sucks in Joe Gibbs equipment in Cup, only to find his stride with another team willing to give him a chance. Joey Logano was a pen stroke away from full-time Xfinity, limited Cup before he went to Penske.

Granted, you can make the strong argument that Jones has been developed properly and Joey wasn't.

I think that will make a big difference, the development part of it. I think a lot of people, me included, had written Joey "Sliced Bread" Logano off as the next Elliott Saddler when he got his ride at Penske. He's been pretty drat impressive since then. I still don't like him, but impressive none the less. I think Jones has gotten a lot of lower series experience and a little Cup experience to learn with and I think he could come in and at least be as successful as Chase or Ryan Blaney has been for a rookie in Cup.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

theacox posted:

Not sure why a double post, but I will reiterate.

it didn't matter, the next post after that was like "well, we'll see how good he is"

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Todd Gilliland is gonna be lighting poo poo up in three years. He's the guy Toyota needs to hold onto hardest.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Todd Gilliland is gonna be lighting poo poo up in three years. He's the guy Toyota needs to hold onto hardest.

Holy poo poo he's still only 16!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Alex Bowman in the 88 at Michigan if Junyer can't go.

I wonder if Jeff had something which was previously scheduled or if he's said he's had enough fun playing and for Hendrick to find someone else to drive.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

CBJSprague24 posted:

I wonder if Jeff had something which was previously scheduled or if he's said he's had enough fun playing and for Hendrick to find someone else to drive.

long run Hendrick needs to find someone else because someone who doesn't want to play this game any more isn't exactly a solution

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

CBJSprague24 posted:

I heard prior commitments. If Jr is out rest of the year then can see Bowman and Gordon trading off races especially Talladega.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

He said it was prior commitments in the presser.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Holy poo poo, Smoke is a total nerd.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/nascar-driver-tony-stewart-is-a-nerd-too/

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Acording to Rick Schwieger theres gonna be a college basketball game in the bristol infield.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

VikingSkull posted:

it didn't matter, the next post after that was like "well, we'll see how good he is"

Going by tonight not very.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This race owns (???????)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

He said it was prior commitments in the presser.

Ok cool, I'd been doing stuff all day and heard the news for the first time during the race.

e- Wow, Ty Dillon went for the upset until he blew it.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 20, 2016

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Possibly Chicken posted:

Going by tonight not very.

https://twitter.com/JoeGibbsRacing/status/766808535078408192

I'm not an Erik Jones apologist. Really, I'm not.

edit: holy gently caress 3 wide for the lead

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Thanks rear end in a top hat.
Go home kyle you're drunk.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
What the gently caress is even going on right now?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This is such a good loving race

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That's payback for 2010, motherfucker. :whatup:

This race is gooder than hell.

e- I was fully expecting Kyle to right rear Brad before the tire went. That's awfully similar to what happened in this race in 2010 between the same drivers.

e- DIE BUSCHWACKERS DIE :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 20, 2016

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
If people complain about that race, then we might as well just shut it all down.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Good stuff, even if the winner is a bit of a knob.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I get to see nascar xfinity driver Ryan Preece drivr a modified at my local track today!!!!!

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Since it's Bristol weekend, have this picture of Bristol from some time in the 70's apparently.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Seen him in practice before!

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Clint Bowyer's son is named Cash? FFS.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Rain delay now, does it look like we're gonna get racing tonight?

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

anotherblownsave posted:

Rain delay now, does it look like we're gonna get racing tonight?

Looks like it.

https://twitter.com/RodneyChilders4/status/767153789191290880

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

People on TV cheering and tarps coming off.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Nascar gonna lose all its viewers to UFC .

I predict less TV people than fans in the stands :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Race started.

• Locked thread