Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Benson Cunningham posted:

If I could get amazon prices in Pittsburgh I would be at my comic shop three times a week.
Brick-n-mortar tax sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, that's not good.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I believe "gently caress all this'" has been declared

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Yknow, I kinda hoped Mottom was bluffing about holding the place up, or not being literal.
Welp.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
INGSVLD? More like Bookman Dead Style

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

lmao poor invsgld

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

atomicthumbs posted:

INGSVLD? More like Bookman Dead Style

The book looks intact. He could still technically be alive!

Also...it looks like that head wound has gotten smaller. Angel bodies don't regenerate like that, do they?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Pretty sure INGSVLD is alive, just severely inconvenienced.

Uktulkti, on the other hand, has just had his part in the Great Indoor Fight cut short by being turned into cowboy sauce.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Green Intern posted:

The book looks intact. He could still technically be alive!

Also...it looks like that head wound has gotten smaller. Angel bodies don't regenerate like that, do they?

Her hand also seemed to be repaired from being cracked by the pointy jerk. I'm guessing maybe the only cracks that don't regenerate may be ones from lying?

Anyways, I'm wondering if this isn't Mathangi's doing. She seems smart, I could believe while everyone else is busy fighting over Alison, she went for the silver medal of what Mottom has in her head, and in her distraught state she might have been a comparatively easy kill. Or, maybe Mottom's just too busy feeling sorry for her newly mortal self to maintain the iron will needed to keep the place afloat.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Abaddon said the Seven Deadly Sins theme is just superficial, but Maya is wearing orange and likes to eat noodles and get drunk...

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm not convinced Ingsvld is dead, servants are weird and its possible the book is his actual body

As for bug-head dude though, as I predicted, they have exited this party, with prejudice

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Mr. Lobe posted:

Her hand also seemed to be repaired from being cracked by the pointy jerk. I'm guessing maybe the only cracks that don't regenerate may be ones from lying?

Anyways, I'm wondering if this isn't Mathangi's doing. She seems smart, I could believe while everyone else is busy fighting over Alison, she went for the silver medal of what Mottom has in her head, and in her distraught state she might have been a comparatively easy kill. Or, maybe Mottom's just too busy feeling sorry for her newly mortal self to maintain the iron will needed to keep the place afloat.

You can still see the crack, it's just that the sides of it have closed back up so you can't see the glow through it anymore. Same for the crack from lying back in chapter 1.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Or, maybe Mottom's just too busy feeling sorry for her newly mortal self to maintain the iron will needed to keep the place afloat.

My guess is that rampant magic abuse isn't healthy for a person's body, which she solved with buttfruits. She's gotta conserve her power now, or she'll disintegrate. Which also means she's considerably weaker and can be a target.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

nimby posted:

My guess is that rampant magic abuse isn't healthy for a person's body, which she solved with buttfruits. She's gotta conserve her power now, or she'll disintegrate. Which also means she's considerably weaker and can be a target.

What? Her power comes from the key, which is still safely in place in her head. There's been no indication that using the art degrades the body in any way, Mottom is just really old and needed the fruits to be young. Heck, Mottom is probably still young, she had a lot of fruit before and wasn't starting to grow old again when Allison left. What did just happen is that Mottom had her confidence shattered for the first time in several millennia. I wonder if there could possibly be any connection between that and the palace, which is held aloft only by her will, lurching to the side?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

JT Jag posted:

I'm not convinced Ingsvld is dead, servants are weird and its possible the book is his actual body

Wasn't it confirmed upthread that his race (a type of servant) is in fact just the book, and he obtained the body by unknown and probably dubious means?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

nimby posted:

I haven't seen anything thus far to suggest that magic in KSBD is a consumable, finite resource

If you're enough of a badass you can hold a castle in the sky just by thinking about it, you can hold that castle in the sky forever so long as you keep thinking about it

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I haven't seen anything thus far to suggest that magic in KSBD is a consumable, finite resource

If you're enough of a badass you can hold a castle in the sky just by thinking about it, you can hold that castle in the sky forever so long as you keep thinking about it
The true Art, then, is lying to the face of God being able to think about it forever.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Pretty sure INGSVLD is alive, just severely inconvenienced.

flop floop flff flup (noise of book attempting to walk back to torso by itself)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
My guess is that Allison's "everyone dies" quip just made Mottom go "gently caress it, then, no point stalling any longer."

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I hope this leads to Kierinsaval carrying INGSVLD around and neither of them being happy with it, but they gotta find INGSVLD a body if they want to have their showdown properly.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Fish Noise posted:

I hope this leads to Kierinsaval carrying INGSVLD around and neither of them being happy with it, but they gotta find INGSVLD a body if they want to have their showdown properly.

Abaddon I hope you're listening.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I noticed this webcomic mentioned in the Gunnerkrigg Court thread and read the first dozen pages.

Owns.

Decided to hold off reading anymore until I can buy Book 1 when it releases on Comixology in three weeks.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Holy poo poo

"it is somewhat wheel shaped"

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I didn't realize this was I thing to click but it is and it is really good.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I know it's a FYAD thing but what's the actual genesis of that spiel?

Or is it so much a fyad thing that further questions are meaningless

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

:perfect:

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Renaissance Robot posted:

I know it's a FYAD thing but what's the actual genesis of that spiel?

Or is it so much a fyad thing that further questions are meaningless
It started with Pitch Black, a sci-fi movie from the late 90s/early 2000s starring Vin Diesel as Riddick. It did well enough to merit a sequel, The Chronicles of Riddick.

With that in mind, FYAD poster graey alien invented a character who would really enjoy the Riddick series and the character Riddick in particular, and made up a funny post in that character's voice.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Just a fyad thing then. This is acceptable.

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Abbadon liked it.

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/766796991229681664

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Update.

Alt-text: In an ironic twist, Juggernaut Star is owned by a crate of teacups

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Looks like we're experiencing a BSOD (Blue Screen of Demiurge). Unless that decaying SPAK hand is Mottom's.

Which it probably is.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's White Chain's, I bet. White Chain is winning the challenge Juggernaut Star set and getting to Allison first, saving her life from that rear end in a top hat. Hand is blood-covered because of, well, what happened last page. Could also theoretically be Juggernaut Star's hand because his are covered in blood too, but it's a right hand and he's carrying his wheel in his right.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

also his hands are spikey

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Juggernaut Star literally cannot interact with things around him except to destroy them. He's decided exactly who he wants to be.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Roland Jones posted:

It's White Chain's, I bet. White Chain is winning the challenge Juggernaut Star set and getting to Allison first, saving her life from that rear end in a top hat. Hand is blood-covered because of, well, what happened last page. Could also theoretically be Juggernaut Star's hand because his are covered in blood too, but it's a right hand and he's carrying his wheel in his right.

...yeah, in retrospect, f.lux making shades of color difficult to distinguish probably accounts for why I thought that was Mottom's hand.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

YO ALLISON hold this place up for us willya

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Layla looks so put off by all of this. Hook lady's feeling pretty slick now for her choice of weapon I bet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fleshy echidna
Apr 11, 2010

wiegieman posted:

Juggernaut Star literally cannot interact with things around him except to destroy them. He's decided exactly who he wants to be.

Yeah I think this sentiment is why i really love juggernaut and the the thorn knights. Like their psychopathic, xenophobic fucks, but their also being super honest about it and just love living a life of contemplating teacups and genociding the multiverse.

Also I'm wondering if Juggernaut is a poor swordsman for enjoying his wheel and using his hands?