Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhIVJdp4u48

"some people just can't take the pressure of esports" - adam jensen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

There's plenty of pro and semipro and pubstar players that are good enough to be big but there's only ever a handful of winning teams at a time. Whether that's for outside reasons like money and stuff or that for some reason 5 individually good players can still suck and lose together idk u be the judge

You can't really 1:1 "this guy is better than that guy in this role". Except Miracle that dude is the best player ever to play dota

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

how much mmr do u need to not tilt and remember to use manta i wonder

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Radical posted:

how much mmr do u need to not tilt and remember to use manta i wonder

he was silenced by gust

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

ElNarez posted:

he was silenced by gust

?????

Are you Grant casting

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sphyre posted:

who else is enjoying the town here? game four is coming up soon! :) https://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

you're a real piece of work pal

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Craptacular! posted:

I don't know why Rupture needs that buff, given that anyone who is ruptured is 98% guaranteed to be stuck in a choice where they either take Rupture damage or right-click damage from the guy who cast it. I've never seen any situation where it benefitted the recipient to run away, especially since that'll just result in minimap awareness and a faster bloodshitter.

They only buffed ranks 1 and 2, which did need a buff. It's not even that big, only 15% more damage on rank 1 and 7% on rank 2.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Man what the hell my biggest complaint about Mankind Divided was the fact that they brought back Adam "404 Personality Not Found" Jensen how does an announcer pack give him more likeability and character than an entire game

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

deus ex is one of the best games ever and JC is the same way tho.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ElNarez posted:

he was silenced by gust

If youre talking about miracle he was venge-stunned as demonstrated by Thanks Purge!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Incoherence posted:

There's a patch.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/23584/

Buffing all the heroes that didn't get picked at TI, nerfing Mirana Agh's and a couple other superstars of TI6, and... buffing offlaners?

That Timber nerf barely seems like anything. That Oracle nerf seems like almost nothing.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
4 second duration less at level 1 for reactive armor is a lot. His big issue was being able to sit in lane and eat harass forever and that hurts that a bit

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

is iceiceice a westerner who plays with china or a chinese who can speak english. i want to say the second one but his name is daryl so idk.

also why do no other chinese players speak english at all. half the western players speak native moon russian swedish language or whatever but they all also speak english

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

he's from singapore

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

im watching the eg ehome game he plays a v. good timbersaw and as a timbersaw player i like that

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

drunken officeparty posted:

is iceiceice a westerner who plays with china or a chinese who can speak english. i want to say the second one but his name is daryl so idk.

also why do no other chinese players speak english at all. half the western players speak native moon russian swedish language or whatever but they all also speak english

how come you cant speak chinese?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Radical posted:

how come you cant speak chinese?

because im not a traitor to the united states of america

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

drunken officeparty posted:

It's been this long since Ice has streamed. :(

P.S. A TI grand final started with a Pudge gently caress-You-Pick and ended with Axe and you feel it was boring. Okaaaaay.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 20, 2016

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I keep opening recent posts with the subtle fear that EG.EE is going to actually happen

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Zurreco posted:

I keep opening recent posts with the subtle fear that EG.EE is going to actually happen

Why fear?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Some people like cheering for EG

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

And why would EE joining prevent that?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Yeah, I like garbage fires to be for other teams not the one's i root for. Nobody wants to be the Browns.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Nobody wants to cheer EE.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Pureauthor posted:

In a world where we have dota players who are really good at the game and give amazing performances nearly every single time they play, and also players who are really cool and you'd love to drink a beer and play mario party with them, why would you want to cheer for someone who is not only neither of those things but also pours monster energy drink on the heads of people who are both of those things

why

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I mean, a whole bunch of teams have at least one of That Guy who you already don't like and don't want to support in general. EG already has some as it stands so if you're cheering for the team already why would one more be a dealbreaker.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

I mean, a whole bunch of teams have at least one of That Guy who you already don't like and don't want to support in general. EG already has some as it stands so if you're cheering for the team already why would one more be a dealbreaker.

It's EE

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://www.dota2.com/darkpurpose/

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

In other news:

Demon has left TnC. Sucks, but I guess the run through TI has made him a much more valuable player than before so he's probably gotten some good deals.

Valve has a released another comic, this time revealing that Antimage and Windrunner are apparently only capable of speaking the same lines that they already say ingame.

http://www.dota2.com/darkpurpose/

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Interesting direction Valve decided to take outsourcing their comics to deviantart

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it was done by some people from a semi-famous anime studio

also ee is inconsistent as gently caress, why would people rush to pick him up on their team. he's the kid left for last in dodgeball along with people like mason

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

They should resurrect the great Speed Gaming.MLG with Jimmy in the PLD role http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Speed_Gaming/Speed_Gaming.int http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/MLG/2013/Fall_Season/Championship

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Johnny Joestar posted:

it was done by some people from a semi-famous anime studio

Could have fooled me.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Secret should kick Puppey and Bulba and bring in SingSing and Aui so that they can win the next MLG Columbus

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Jimmy leaving is the least surprising news from the post-TI shuffle. Right up there with Synderen's teams disbanding and Xiao8 retiring.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Funnik just had a crazy rant where he called out all of CIS dota pros especially LOH and Artstyle so mb he's got something lined up

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

TheRat posted:

If youre talking about miracle he was venge-stunned as demonstrated by Thanks Purge!

yeah it was that

I swear there was just too many gust plays at TI6 so I misremembered

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
There is a zero chance of LOH playing professionally again.

Steak Gaming wishes it could be as bad as that one VP roster after TI3.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Craptacular! posted:

There is a zero chance of LOH playing professionally again.

Steak Gaming wishes it could be as bad as that one VP roster after TI3.

there's no way demon dota will play at ti6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Hao is reportedly taking 6 months off to do whatever it is Chinese people do when not playing Dota.

• Locked thread