Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Don’t expect women to gently caress you because of your earnings, nor should you want to intrigue them to buy in to your life or ever track you down. As you will find, the best of dates have very little of ‘what do you do? And where are you from?’ type of questions as the best dates are lived in the moment. Like applying for a job - you are not selling yourself as a person, you are selling your skillset which in online dating is your demeanor, and your ability to gently caress their brains out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Heath posted:

Written by a 19 year old virgin who has never dated

There were like three people itt already that said they're dating older women and how great it is because all they want to do is gently caress

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Tears In A Vial posted:

Avoid 25-29 year olds like the plague

thank god i'm safe for another year

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Kevin wasted hours upon hours in chats and messages with multiple local sexy single women (LSSWs), giving them extensive details about his life goals, careers, ambitions, dreams, opinions, beliefs and motivations (because LSSWs would definitely want to bone a guy that’s open, caring and comforting). He’d sit there for hours and soak in all of the LSSWs’ woes, problems and opinions while giving them step-by-step advice on how to fix themselves (LSSW want a problem solver and a shoulder to cry on).

What do you get
When Kevin locks arms,
With nice guys and betas
Who turn up their charms
To win over a woman,
Whose not what they think.
To put their humpf-humpf-a-dumpfers,
in her rink-rinker-fink?

What you get from a multitude of Kevins taking this same approach towards online date is mass validation for the LSSW (the amount to which she’d never have received 15 years ago), major social influence for the LSSW over a beta populace (as opposed to the minor social influence Brenda had as an HB8) and the delusion of the LSSW that her actual SMV is as high as her online SMV (“I must be an HB8 now, so my pussy is worth the same as those other HB8s”). Both the betas and LSSWs may feel benefited when it comes to online dating, but the benefits for the LSSWs are massively greater and it becomes a societal parasitic relationship.

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
Was creepy text theatre ever posted in this thread, btw?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLrdRc3NFIU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Blurred posted:

"Are you good with kids? Cause I'm gonna turn your mouth into a daycare."

:drat:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

EgoEgress posted:

raw onions are bad

:getin:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
raw onion is p good

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tears In A Vial posted:

real talk I wish elliot rogers hadn't killed anyone bc he's funny as gently caress and its sad that he ruined it by being a murderer

All the entitled fantasizing and magical thinking he shows in his manifesto is typical of serial killers so even if he hadn't done his amok run he would've very likely grown up to be Ted Bundy mk. II

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

magikid posted:

It's too bad those MGTOW-types are so bent out of shape about women. I mean I'm planning on staying unmarried, and it'd be nice to have a forum to talk about what to expect as an adult virgin, what to do with all the money saved by not raising kids, societal pressures, stuff like that. Instead they're all angry about :qq:MY SUFFERING:qq: and absolutely obsessed with what they're not getting. Sucks.

Yeah if they dedicated their lives to becoming cool motorcycle uncles who give no poo poo they would probably turn into interesting people and could inadvertently get laid as a side effect

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

5'd

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Blurred posted:

Penis in the sky.

Penis in your eye.

Penis make you cry.

Penis make you die.

The end.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mr. Belding posted:

One day Frank Ocean and Donald Glover will make a double album musical version of this thread.

edit: the "why don't you love me" part. not the "you're a oval office because you won't let me eat your rear end" part.

that's more drake style than frank i think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgZh-xxmXeI

client
Aug 19, 2010

Blurred posted:

that first chick looks like darkwing duck

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

btw there's a former goon in that video.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

generative grammer posted:

All the entitled fantasizing and magical thinking he shows in his manifesto is typical of serial killers so even if he hadn't done his amok run he would've very likely grown up to be Ted Bundy mk. II

Haha no he would not have been the next Bundy. Ted Bundy could charm women into his lovely VW Beatle and Elliot couldn't even get one into his BMW.

Bundy also got himself into a sorority house and killed two girls, unlike Rogers who was stopped by the mere act of nobody answering the door to let him in.

Elliot Rogers was an ineffectual wuss.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Groovelord Neato posted:

That's interesting. But how many of them are current goon's?

Tears In A Vial posted:

Timing is everything - women are DTF and are in heat during different times of the month, and on other nights there is a code red. Some days you can get your dick wet by simply existing because you are at the right place at the right time, other days you will have to talk to 25 women before devouring fresh meat.

:stare:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

dunno but the redhead with the big mouth used to gently caress the guy that made ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Boring story time.
I knew way too many nice guys in high school and right after. It probably says something embarrassing about me, but I was a nerd who played Dungeons & Dragons, so what did I expect, I guess.

The #1 nice guy problem is that they always latch to girls that are massively out of their league.

There was this one fat guy I knew who got really into this trainwreck of a girl. We met her at some bar where her friends had dumped her and she asked to sit with us, then eventually broke down crying. The nice guy swooped in and took her to another table to better listen to her problems. When more normal people suggested she might be better off staying with the group or going home instead, he shushed them and explain how he was going to take care of her. They hung out for a few days, she got invited to his house where she had a super awkward dinner with his folks who thought she was his girlfriend despite having met him two days ago.

Ultimately, within a week he confessed his feelings to her and she told him she wasn't interested but they could be friends.

I'm at this bar a few months later and unfortunately this guy shows up and sits down with us. The girl shows up too and he's sitting there doing some weird yelling/mumbling combination of ''WHORE. loving WHORE'' and so on, trying to get her attention I guess. I told him I'd beat his face in if he didn't shut up so he mumbled something and left.

My two acquaintances that we had in common are still friends with him to this day, haha.

Then there's the guy howling like a wolf and punching walls because he saw that one girl he liked with a guy, despite never even having spoken to her.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

ravenkult posted:

Boring story time.
I knew way too many nice guys in high school and right after. It probably says something embarrassing about me, but I was a nerd who played Dungeons & Dragons, so what did I expect, I guess.

The #1 nice guy problem is that they always latch to girls that are massively out of their league.

There was this one fat guy I knew who got really into this trainwreck of a girl. We met her at some bar where her friends had dumped her and she asked to sit with us, then eventually broke down crying. The nice guy swooped in and took her to another table to better listen to her problems. When more normal people suggested she might be better off staying with the group or going home instead, he shushed them and explain how he was going to take care of her. They hung out for a few days, she got invited to his house where she had a super awkward dinner with his folks who thought she was his girlfriend despite having met him two days ago.

Ultimately, within a week he confessed his feelings to her and she told him she wasn't interested but they could be friends.

I'm at this bar a few months later and unfortunately this guy shows up and sits down with us. The girl shows up too and he's sitting there doing some weird yelling/mumbling combination of ''WHORE. loving WHORE'' and so on, trying to get her attention I guess. I told him I'd beat his face in if he didn't shut up so he mumbled something and left.

My two acquaintances that we had in common are still friends with him to this day, haha.

Then there's the guy howling like a wolf and punching walls because he saw that one girl he liked with a guy, despite never even having spoken to her.

eh. i think leagues are a dumb way to think about it, you can be a rock solid 10 physically and still be a totally lovely person, and you can be a 3 who is a genuinely good person who is awesome to be around, I think some folks just have skewed standards that are basically impossible to attain while delivering nothing positive in return in addition to being giant lard buoys

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

SneakyFrog posted:

eh. i think leagues are a dumb way to think about it, you can be a rock solid 10 physically and still be a totally lovely person, and you can be a 3 who is a genuinely good person who is awesome to be around, I think some folks just have skewed standards that are basically impossible to attain while delivering nothing positive in return in addition to being giant lard buoys

I've known several fat threes and fours who are genuinely good people who I would have long deep conversations with and tell my innermost feelings and guess what? it never ever crossed my mind to gently caress them hth

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SneakyFrog posted:

nah this line of thinking is why nice guys exist. they obviously got lovely personalities but they've also been told/shown that just "being nice" is enough and stuff like looks don't matter when they definitely do.

you can even see this yourself if you've known people that went from fat and fit and see who they dated before and after.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Blue Train posted:

I've known several fat threes and fours who are genuinely good people who I would have long deep conversations with and tell my innermost feelings and guess what? it never ever crossed my mind to gently caress them hth

:shrug: I spose its different for everyone, brains are pretty sexy.. guess I never dated a truly like obese huge person or anything but eh..

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
If you're ugly, get in really good shape. If you can't do that learn to be real charming. If you can't do that learn how to be fun to be around. If all else fails get rich I guess. If you're finding that you've had no success finding someone that just likes you for you, then try to make a better you. But no one is.attracted to a guy just because he listens to their problems.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

It's usually not just the attractiveness. Like one of these dudes is the white bread-est guy you've ever seen with a huge gut. His unrequited loves are always without fail chicks with 300 piercings, blue hair and dressed in leather. I mean, you like what you like, but how can you not get why she's not into you?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

ravenkult posted:

It's usually not just the attractiveness. Like one of these dudes is the white bread-est guy you've ever seen with a huge gut. His unrequited loves are always without fail chicks with 300 piercings, blue hair and dressed in leather. I mean, you like what you like, but how can you not get why she's not into you?

crunches and some vinyl pants and hey whaddya know

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'd say that being fun to be around should be step one

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

so you're all saying that if someone is enjoyable to be around, people will enjoy being around them? interesting theory but I don't think it holds up

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

so you're all saying that if someone is enjoyable to be around, people will enjoy being around them? interesting theory but I don't think it holds up

I'm just presenting a potential bypass to the charm gate

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ravenkult posted:

that boy needs better taste.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Blue Train posted:

I for one hate hanging out with people others find enjoyable

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vbddLNUOMs

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Groovelord Neato posted:

Are they a reader or a text?

Pick posted:

I'd say that being fun to be around should be step one

Are you telling me social skills are needed to get girls to like you? loving lol get your crazy theories out of here pick you're a scientist for christ's sake

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Opposite story time:

I got done with a loving awful shift once and headed home, only to discover that a huge wreck had closed off I90 and I couldn't get back across the bridge to my husband and my bed. Instead, I went to a greasy spoon diner for hash browns and sulking, wearing gross scrubs, wishing I could drink, and still smelling the rotten foot-smell from my pt of the day.

This dude walked up outta nowhere, made eye contact, and said: "Hey, are you a nurse?"

Looked about my age, maybe a couple years younger. Fit, but the kind of fit that was flabby six months ago before he started working out. Face nothing special, probably looked awful back when he was fat, but now fairly handsome. Clean, wearing unremarkable clothes, not really smiling but didn't have a serial killer leer or anything.

So I braced myself for some awkwardness, made a vague smile, and nodded dismissively. He nodded back and went on: "Do you like being a nurse?"

I don't think anyone had ever asked me that before. I kinda gawped at him, so he added: "It seems like a really complex and exhausting career, and I'm curious about whether nurses like what they do, or if it's just a job."

We ended up chatting for about an hour and a half, finding out that we like some of the same sci-fi authors, adding each other on Facebook, and having a really nice evening despite how tired I was and how good-sportedly disappointed he was to discover that I'm married. I would absolutely have gone on a few dates with that guy if I were single, and I guarantee I would have tried out his squishy bits. It's loving amazing how effective it is to approach women with the assumption that their lives extend beyond romance and they might like to talk about their areas of expertise and interest.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

elise the great posted:

He nodded back and went on: "Do you like being a nurse?"

And at this point you should have just produced a bound copy of your post history from the health care stories thread

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

elise the great posted:

Opposite story time:

I got done with a loving awful shift once and headed home, only to discover that a huge wreck had closed off I90 and I couldn't get back across the bridge to my husband and my bed. Instead, I went to a greasy spoon diner for hash browns and sulking, wearing gross scrubs, wishing I could drink, and still smelling the rotten foot-smell from my pt of the day.

This dude walked up outta nowhere, made eye contact, and said: "Hey, are you a nurse?"

Looked about my age, maybe a couple years younger. Fit, but the kind of fit that was flabby six months ago before he started working out. Face nothing special, probably looked awful back when he was fat, but now fairly handsome. Clean, wearing unremarkable clothes, not really smiling but didn't have a serial killer leer or anything.

So I braced myself for some awkwardness, made a vague smile, and nodded dismissively. He nodded back and went on: "Do you like being a nurse?"

I don't think anyone had ever asked me that before. I kinda gawped at him, so he added: "It seems like a really complex and exhausting career, and I'm curious about whether nurses like what they do, or if it's just a job."

We ended up chatting for about an hour and a half, finding out that we like some of the same sci-fi authors, adding each other on Facebook, and having a really nice evening despite how tired I was and how good-sportedly disappointed he was to discover that I'm married. I would absolutely have gone on a few dates with that guy if I were single, and I guarantee I would have tried out his squishy bits. It's loving amazing how effective it is to approach women with the assumption that their lives extend beyond romance and they might like to talk about their areas of expertise and interest.

it is nice to know that some people arent utter creepos.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SneakyFrog posted:

pretty much

Blue Train posted:

it used to be that in GBS if you posted some poo poo like this you'd have to post a pic of yourself

besides the point is that if they lost weight and groomed better they wouldn't be fat 3s and 4s moron it's not like god stamps you with 3 and that's it forevermore

Groovelord Neato posted:

nah this line of thinking is why nice guys exist. they obviously got lovely personalities but they've also been told/shown that just "being nice" is enough and stuff like looks don't matter when they definitely do.

you can even see this yourself if you've known people that went from fat and fit and see who they dated before and after.

just because they misinterpret it to mean they can just do whatever and everyone must like them doesn't mean that it isn't true that 'leagues' are some bullshit

you miss every shot you never take bozos

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 20, 2016

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

all people are equally attractive, yes. Furthermore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
no, it's more that (like I said) working out and grooming properly and wearing nice clothes automagically takes 2s-3s up a few notches and then with a decent personality and social skill set any 6-7 can go for a 9-10 no problem. obv you're not going to get every single person you go for but that doesn't mean don't even try.

unless you're literally just quasimoto or something it's retarded defeatism to think 'well I'm just a 5 I shouldn't ever ask any attractive women out bc I'm just not good enough for them innately bc wrong league'

loving goons

• Locked thread