Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Mista loads his revolver and six bullet gnomes suddenly surround him

"Hi, I'm Guido Mista, and these are my sex -- I mean six bullet friends, Six Bullets."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Zipper Man and Six Bullets are the only truly bad localized names imo

Some people actually hate Filthy Acts At A Reasonable Price and I wonder what's like to be born without humor

It's pretty drat good but I dunno, I just can't hate Cruel Crimes Committed Cheaply as an alternative.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Reverb and Deadly Queen are also bad changes

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also Crunchy going with Cool Ice instead of Iced is unforgivable

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

no they will not posted:

I hate golden wind and stone ocean... those are the names of the parts... that would be like if soft and wet was called JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: JoJolion
Stone Free being named Stone Ocean is particular egregious, cause that's like, the exact opposite of why Jolyne named it Stone Free.

Like I feel someone either got heavily veto'd in that meeting or someone just did not do the research.

also I like that it's brought up like twice Stand Users name their Stands, so apparently Kira just really really likes Queen

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Baal posted:

Also Crunchy going with Cool Ice instead of Iced is unforgivable

you talkin' poo poo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I just dunno what else you call Killer Queen without going full silly, Deadly Queen is good imo

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Stone Free being named Stone Ocean is particular egregious, cause that's like, the exact opposite of why Jolyne named it Stone Free.

Like I feel someone either got heavily veto'd in that meeting or someone just did not do the research.

also I like that it's brought up like twice Stand Users name their Stands, so apparently Kira just really really likes Queen

jotaro must've been pissed once he realised that

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Moltrey posted:

I just dunno what else you call Killer Queen without going full silly, Deadly Queen is good imo

Fearsome Empress

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Reminder that VIZ somehow got Vanilla Ice's permission to keep Vanilla Ice Vanilla Ice.

God bless 'em.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Moltrey posted:

Kira Queen

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
^ alright yeah that'll work

Kira going full Bateman, just slamming on Queen and giving his hand date his whole musical opinion like a tool

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Moltrey posted:

catty queen

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Killer Princess

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Baal posted:

No, not the manga names. Stuff like Captain Dragon and Billie Jean were not choices made by Viz or Araki. Those were names Crunchy made up.

Ah, I had assumed it was the same as with Devo being changed to Soul Sacrifice and Oingo Boingo being changed to Zenyatta Mondatta

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Total speculation, but I imagine some of the off frames in this ep and the beautiful stills in last episode are band-aids over the fact that they have a Sheer Heart Attack three parter coming up and I can't imagine that those eps don't have a higher priority. The first fight with the big villain and explosions after explosions.

I saw Shirobako, making anime is hard

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Moltrey posted:

I'm not sure what's worse, people losing it over Killer Queen looking off for like three seconds or people losing it over "Deadly Queen" cause like what the gently caress did you think would happen?

at least ASB had prepared me for the latter. Killer QUALITY being only three seconds long arguably made it worse after the amazing job they did with the silhouette reveal, it was like a non-humorous version of OPM transitioning from Murata art to ONE art

like I'm not actually losing my poo poo over this or anything, I don't mind a lil dip in quality here and there, but I wish they'd focus their efforts on making the key moments look good. It's like DIO's World all over again

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Sticky Fingers being renamed Zipper Man makes me scream

Zipper Man vs Fisher Man is one of my favorite fights

Now that I said that they sound like loving Robot Masters

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Moltrey posted:

Lady Killer

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Oh man, that'd be perfect.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Moltrey posted:

Murderous Monarch

(Lady Killer is good)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Level Seven posted:

Lady Killer

This is super good

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Star Platinum posted:

at least ASB had prepared me for the latter. Killer QUALITY being only three seconds long arguably made it worse after the amazing job they did with the silhouette reveal, it was like a non-humorous version of OPM transitioning from Murata art to ONE art

like I'm not actually losing my poo poo over this or anything, I don't mind a lil dip in quality here and there, but I wish they'd focus their efforts on making the key moments look good. It's like DIO's World all over again

I'll wait for next week before judging, to me this wasn't a key moment as such, just a quick and dirty teaser of KQ.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Preview for next week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b6Sn0RBmRo

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
shigechi looks uglier

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
how dare u

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
he should shave his beard

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Kurtofan posted:

shigechi looks uglier

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Kira gets his hand out in public an awful lot for someone who is allegedly super careful about not being caught.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Kira doesn't date a woman that'd he be ashamed to take out in public

Which is kind of his entire thing but you get what I mean

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Deadly Queen and Milagro Man have made this the best Friday i've had in a while

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I still haven't actually watched cuz I've had too much work today :( I'm saving it for tomorrow but my twitter timeline is like 90% Kira commentary right now so I don't know why I'm waiting

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
You're lucky, i'm the only one shitposting about Kira on my feed

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

this feels like a picnic

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
So was Milagro Man basically the JJL version of Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe?

Except instead of a faultless and beautiful artist, we had trash boy being trash

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I want to see how David interprets King Crimson now after seeing how badly they hosed up Killer Queen's face.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Eh, they didn't gently caress up its face.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

splash page for the official site updated

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It is a bit weird to see people freak out just because David hosed up one shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They've added a more pronounced brow and made its ears more cat like than normal, but it's far from "hosed up". It's not like they've not taken liberties with other stands either.