Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Mainwaring posted:

http://imgur.com/a/XwQ45

Hopefully this shows enough, the same applies to all counties in the Jerusalem area, however I was able to give away counties back in Ireland.

Nope the person I'm trying to give it to in that screenshot is an unlanded family member sitting in my court.

Do you hold the duchy of Jerusalem? You usually have to usurp those duchies if their holders have land outside the crusade target. It may be that the duke of Jerusalem is at war, and this could perhaps prevent you from giving away the individual counties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Anyone knows of any good CK2 Let's Play, mostly looking for ones that are just decent fun to watch.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The only good video LP I know is the Idle Thumbs one, which is ancient by Ck2 standards.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Is anybody else finding Aztecs kind of... Underwhelming?

In my first game with Sunset Invasion on they ruined all of Britain and Iberia. This game they invaded Aquitaine and Brittany and then just sat there. With 200,000 event troops. They've fought off every crusade but that's it for like 70 years.

Is it because they became a theocracy? If I cheat to revoke their temple holdings, will they actually do their job and poo poo up Western Europe?

Mongols are actually the same for me. They roll in and conquer the empty steppe and then just sit there. I dunno how y'all get the Seljuk and Timurid hordes either coz I've never seen either of those.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The theocracy AI is pretty averse to expansion, so that may be a reason for the Aztecs to just sit around. Try to turn them into a feudal state again and see what happens.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I think they used to be more dangerous, I saw they conquer the whole Britain and Iberian peninsula and north Africa.

But last times they also just conquered a small piece of land and sat there happy with their huge rear end army

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

poo poo tanks. I'm fairly sure the Abyssinian were able to run up and tip the over on occasion

2.5.2.2 will probably be up as a beta, but old saves seem to mostly work - I've been playing one Norse game on and off over the while dev cycle anyway.

Death Chess would be neat... maybe Gamesmasters beat him and become immortal?
You could even have options based on stats; if you have high intrigue you can punt the board to delay, if you have high learning or martial you just know how to play, game master would give you a better chance of winning and whatnot.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The only good video LP I know is the Idle Thumbs one, which is ancient by Ck2 standards.

Seconding this.

I really enjoyed seeing the Idle Thumbs guys' flailing attempts at getting to grips with both CK2's mechanics and medieval social practices at the same time, with only in-game hints and a capricious chat to help them out.

I'd highly recommend checking it out, at least the first few episodes.

Oh and the Arumba LP where he plays the Elder Kings mod as a vain high-elf sorcerer is pretty enjoyable as well.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Aug 18, 2016

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I had a bit of an annoying situation come up-

I had a firstborn daughter and set to be the heir to my Wendish empire. I set up a matrilinial betrothal for her at age 3 or so, and moved on to other stuff. After a few years I suddenly discovered she wasn't in my court any more. Apparently she had somehow inherited 2-3 counties in Sweden and left my court (if I got a notification it was a a low priority one), and also broke her betrothal. She/her regent then decided to start a rebellion against the King of Sweden, resulting in her getting locked up for about 5 years. Frustrating me even more, I don't seem to have any diplomatic options to address this situation- I can't pay her ransom to get her out of jail, nor I couldn't make any demands or declare war over this guy locking my daughter and heir up. For a game that tries to emphasis character as well as country, I felt really annoyed that I didn't have any options in just about the only situation thus-far that moved me to want to do something about my family.

Slightly related...are there any bugs where all your children end up one gender? I feel like I've had 3 situations come up where I've had 6 or more children, and either they're all male or they're all female.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

StarMinstrel posted:

Anyone knows of any good CK2 Let's Play, mostly looking for ones that are just decent fun to watch.

It's not video, but the one that got me interested in trying CK2 is Ofaloaf's Gothic Mega LP taking a game of Atilla: Total War and basing a CK2 scenario off of that.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716022

Still ongoing, but its in between CK2 and EUIV at the moment

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

BenRGamer posted:

It's not video, but the one that got me interested in trying CK2 is Ofaloaf's Gothic Mega LP taking a game of Atilla: Total War and basing a CK2 scenario off of that.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716022

Still ongoing, but its in between CK2 and EUIV at the moment

Heh. That looks really good and entertaining :) Thanks!

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

StarMinstrel posted:

Heh. That looks really good and entertaining :) Thanks!

It is really good. As is Groogy's.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3642949&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

and i'm too lazy to link but the Goon Hansa one is choice

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

I think they used to be more dangerous, I saw they conquer the whole Britain and Iberian peninsula and north Africa.

But last times they also just conquered a small piece of land and sat there happy with their huge rear end army

I think it is greatly dependent upon how much land they conquer in the first invasion. When they only get one or two provinces they seem to be very passive. If they take over a few dozen provinces, they will be much more aggressive.

AtE fixed this with the Brazilian horde invasion by making them declare war on not only the owner of whatever county chosen, but all of the counties in a fairly large radius too. I changed the AtE British invasion to be the same way, and it makes for a much nastier and more aggressive horde. Doing the same thing to vanilla would improve them in the same way.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

SeaTard posted:

AtE fixed this with the Brazilian horde invasion by making them declare war on not only the owner of whatever county chosen, but all of the counties in a fairly large radius too. I changed the AtE British invasion to be the same way, and it makes for a much nastier and more aggressive horde. Doing the same thing to vanilla would improve them in the same way.

"Brazilian horde"?? I have to play this

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Darkrenown posted:

Death Chess would be neat... maybe Gamesmasters beat him and become immortal?
Carousers challenge him to Twister instead.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I was just wondering about how I haven't lately seen that Event where my ruler gets hit in the head in a battle and is left comatose for the rest of his life.

I've had two in a row. The second on a 16-year old Brilliant Strategist.

Don't jinx this loving game.

e: Why won't my gay brother murder me already

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 18, 2016

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Discussion > Games > Crusader Kings II: Why won't my gay brother murder me already

Welp.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Dad dies, the Consumerists rise up to take him and then he's targeted by an Ursuline crusade

Sometimes, the AI has a bad day too.

Also what the gently caress happened to imgur? What a piece of poo poo it's become, like drat

Strudel Man posted:

Carousers challenge him to Twister instead.
Why not a literal dance with death? Death takes off the robe, puts on a suit/dress (or their cultural and period appropriate equivalent) and then if you impress them, they let you go for now. If not, you get to practice your dancing, in the afterlife.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

I was just wondering about how I haven't lately seen that Event where my ruler gets hit in the head in a battle and is left comatose for the rest of his life.

If you have Reaper's Due, it's more likely you will only be disfigured! :black101:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Why not a literal dance with death? Death takes off the robe, puts on a suit/dress (or their cultural and period appropriate equivalent) and then if you impress them, they let you go for now. If not, you get to practice your dancing, in the afterlife.
Well, I was alluding to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA5ryowAyLk

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Darkrenown posted:

If you have Reaper's Due, it's more likely you will only be disfigured! :black101:

and a kick rear end mask

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I'm pretty sure federal law requires the thread title for Reaper's Due to be "crusader kings: Down With the Sickness".

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darkrenown posted:

This should be in big bold letters as your primary selling point to veteran players. Bonks on the head no longer resulting in a regency for life? Take my :10bux:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I hope I can duel more often. Lay waste to all my discontent vassals leaving their families shattered maimed freaks who hold power only by my allowance.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
To do that you'd have to be able to win a duel more reliably than just maybe two or three straight times without losing one, which has always been impossible.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
There's always the classic Crusader Kings 2: Bring out your dead!

Isn't vanilla duelling mainly rng but with personal combat giving an edge? I think in Geheimnisnacht the duels on the battlefield supposedly ignore the personal combat skill and reference martial instead, but I always thought you could boost your success rate in vanilla with the combat skill.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

What's the state of the current CK2-EU4 converter? And are there better custom ones or mods of the offical converter I should be looking at?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Deceitful Penguin posted:

We first need an event chain that allows acquisition of the Pelvic Sorcerer trait.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
A confession: I don't understand the pretty borders/ugly borders faction. I mean, I get that you're talking about every ruler holding their de jure land and not extending the Fickle Finger of France into Greece, but it's like, even the "pretty borders" of de jure titles are ugly as gently caress because there's no straight lines in them. Except down in the desert, but that's because those are just conceptual borders, the tribes in that area (I'm assuming) didn't care if someone's goat was on this side of a rock or the other side.

...Now I want a map that has all the territory in the shape of hexagons.

Jedit posted:

We first need an event chain that allows acquisition of the Pelvic Sorcerer trait.
If knew that reference, I'd be tempted to stick that in my mod.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dareon posted:

A confession: I don't understand the pretty borders/ugly borders faction. I mean, I get that you're talking about every ruler holding their de jure land and not extending the Fickle Finger of France into Greece, but it's like, even the "pretty borders" of de jure titles are ugly as gently caress because there's no straight lines in them. Except down in the desert, but that's because those are just conceptual borders, the tribes in that area (I'm assuming) didn't care if someone's goat was on this side of a rock or the other side.

...Now I want a map that has all the territory in the shape of hexagons.

If knew that reference, I'd be tempted to stick that in my mod.

if you have a vassal duke who is not in control of his entire de jure duchy, he can declare de jure wars on other vassals to get it back. and if he controls a part of someone elses duchy, they can declare war on him. this extends up to vassal kings, who can get into major wars that can cripple the amount of vassal levies you can pull up, (and blocking the silk road if you control a decent enough chunk of it to care). they will fight for years over a worthless county, and then they will undoubtedly jump right back into it the second their truce is up. pretty borders does a shitload to keep your realm from being a nonstop thunderdome. of course, your vassals will always try to find sneaky ways to gently caress it up through marriage shenanigans.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 19, 2016

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!
Straight borders are even worse than regular ugly borders, imo.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Aleth posted:

There's always the classic Crusader Kings 2: Bring out your dead!

Isn't vanilla duelling mainly rng but with personal combat giving an edge? I think in Geheimnisnacht the duels on the battlefield supposedly ignore the personal combat skill and reference martial instead, but I always thought you could boost your success rate in vanilla with the combat skill.
Vanilla dueling compares personal combat score and randomly decides who wins, with the chance of winning being based on the difference between those scores.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Dareon posted:

If knew that reference [to Pelvic Sorceror], I'd be tempted to stick that in my mod.
Pretty sure it's this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uej5NwVt8A

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Indeed.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Started a new game and my first kid and heir has the same birthday as I do in real life. :tinfoil:

Ended up born slow and died at age 20 :(

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Haven't played much in a long time, I played a bit with horse lords when they came out, this is my first time playing europeans since tributaries got added.

Firstly, tributaries seem amazing as a one province start. Started as dublin in charlemagne start date and within one ruler I've got all of ireland, scotland and wales paying tribute to me and have upgraded the poo poo out of my holdings with the prestige you get.

Secondly, is there any way to get message settings to notify me when suzerainty ends(eg death of the ruler of one of my tributaries)

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ChikoDemono posted:

Started a new game and my first kid and heir has the same birthday as I do in real life. :tinfoil:

Ended up born slow and died at age 20 :(

Well hell, one out of two ain't bad.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Volkerball has gained the Cruel trait.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Solemn Sloth posted:

Haven't played much in a long time, I played a bit with horse lords when they came out, this is my first time playing europeans since tributaries got added.

Firstly, tributaries seem amazing as a one province start. Started as dublin in charlemagne start date and within one ruler I've got all of ireland, scotland and wales paying tribute to me and have upgraded the poo poo out of my holdings with the prestige you get.

Secondly, is there any way to get message settings to notify me when suzerainty ends(eg death of the ruler of one of my tributaries)

Tributaries don't end when they die, they end when you die. I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
According to the wiki, yes.

• Locked thread