Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
I put Celestial up as my merc in case anyone wants to try her out. I can switch back to Raboff if anyone still needs him for gr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time-Police
Apr 6, 2009

Secx posted:

Do you have Lilly and/or Lilid? I did TOD 65 with both of them at 3*. If you only have one of them I can put up the other for you as my merc.

i have lilly

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

Time-Police posted:

i have lilly

I just put up my 2* Lilid as my merc (Omnomnomn). His skill 3 pull is a 100% chance.

Follow this strat for TOD 65: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_i0gVHAOzY

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I want to know who the hell thought clearing 200 repetitive stages every single day would be a good idea. Can mobile devices even last long enough to go through all 200?

What bothers me even more is that there are red and green gems, so this is only going to get worse in the future.

Also they fixed the description on Celestial's 4* S rank set in the shop. 3pc straight up gives her +1 movement, so even though it's S rank, I would say it's on par with Pathfinder which is SS rank. So yes, it's definitely worth saving up 900 blue gems to get the entire set.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

How are us Normies even going to afford celestial + her gear before the event ends.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Nomadic Scholar posted:

How are us Normies even going to afford celestial + her gear before the event ends.

The 2500 crystal package? Should be easy if you don't buy anything.

You have like 21 days of double dailies, so 80 * 21 = 1680. You can easily get the rest if you buy the $5 daily crystal thing.

ToD also resets before the package is over so you can milk out several hundred crystals by clearing through normal. Also climb high enough in PvP for crystals which isn't that difficult.

It's not hard to save up 2500 crystals but it sure as hell isn't fast.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

This kinda sounds like some second job sorta grinding for my 4* team havin rear end. I almost have a 5* soon tho.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
this isnt gonna be the last time hee event shows up you know, the library has a place on the map and its designed to house two stories at a time.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
Oh, so the Krut tanking the boss in today's GR doesn't even have to live; the boss still can't move. This... is going to be a very high score.

e: both Lees ended up short on mana at some point and suicided. Ended with 10 rounds of Gillan just drinking to his dead homies.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Here's the setup for Friday's Raid:

DO NOT ENTER THIS RAID WITHOUT FULL SKILL GAUGE! You need to use Combat Support at the start of turn 2 if Muzaka gets immobilized by the boss otherwise run is over.

This one actually requires good gear on everyone except Lily. In fact, Lily should be dead after turn 1. If he's alive, run is hosed.

The Lee positions can be swapped between your own Lee and merc Lee. The biggest difference between positions is that the Lee next to the boss will take the largest amount of damage I believe over the Lee farther away. If you want your Lee to survive, you need around 60k HP and 40% Def. More is better because if the boss lands several crits, Lee will die. The Lee closest to the boss will also benefit from Gillan's 2nd skill when he starts to heal Muzaka.

In order to keep up skill gauge, you need Muzaka to be alive. The tankiest hero should technically be Muzaka because if Muzaka dies, then there's no way Gillan can heal Krut.

Krut's defense should also be similar to Muzaka because Gillan won't heal if Muzaka isn't low. I recommend removing all HP regen sets off Muzaka or have the same regen sets on Krut also.

If you don't have a tanky Krut, the alternative is to replace him with Shushu with maxed 2nd skill. This will give you 2 healers, which should last a lot longer.

Lastly, DO NOT GIVE ANYONE SWAMP OR WATER WALK FROM SETS!

Somefool fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 19, 2016

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

I left my guild to join overflowtax, but I'll need to wait until tomorrow. Can you guys hold a spot for me? Ingame name is Metatro.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Big props to auto battle for passing 14 turns in a row while I fed my kid because the enemies were too far away to bother with.

Way to be as lazy as me, auto battle heroes.

Honorable mention for sending Mas through a portal solo, stopping on the exit of the portal, and attacking a boss from there.

fake edit: whomever put "Mas is good for auto battle" on the spreadsheet hasn't seen my Mas, who apparently took a few levels in Berserker. Even in slot 5, he just charges on in and gives no fucks.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Aug 20, 2016

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
I'm happy that the new hero bundle is gems this time, I should have enough to pick it up. I'm assuming she's as bonkers as she sounds, although figures a new support hero comes out right as I finally get Belle.

I was pretty excited about the defense mode, but it's not fun at all unless I'm missing something. Level 2 requires way too much attention for the rewards, as despite the monsters being trivial they have enough range/movement to hit the target from pretty far away, and Auto Battle was not doing the trick at all

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

The 200 round horde mode isn't fun but I can totally get to stage 35 on auto. Not had for someone who has no idea what he is doing.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Could someone invite Tornavul to Overflowtax? I left my guild and waited the 24hr cooldown, but when I try to apply now nothing happens.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

For those who don't know:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics/developers-note-about-library-in-the-sky/1787473414800303

They're overhauling the 2nd dungeon in library from 200 stages down to 50. For now I only recommend you at least beat stage 30 for the 4 blue gems then stop. If you want 100k gold, then go for 50 but seriously do not try to reach 100 or above unless you're seriously determined to do it.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'm glad they realized this was stupid. They needed to make it a 50 or 100 stage level from the start, 200 is just batshit.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
Missed two attempts at GR last night because I left them for today and my internet was down.

Still got S rank. Strat is solid.

Time-Police
Apr 6, 2009
Got you in overflow Torn and saving last spot for metatro

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
So the positioning for alternating Mu stunlock for today's boss is really simple. You need a full Lord Gauge before entering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXlo0Hxkzyo&t=121s

This should be more reliable than two Unknowns, so I suggest we go with Mu mercs for Saturdays.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Guess I should've properly counted the number of steps. :v:

Strat is easy enough as long as no one equips Mu with +movement sets. Although the problem still remains is that if any of the stuns fail, the entire run ends. In the end, you still want to bring as many stunners as possible.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
Yeah, once the boss' passive immunity kicks in, you need every stun chance you can get. Luckily, there are a lot of high damage Paper stunners. You can afford to build Unknown for damage instead of making him tanky, etc.

If you need to, you can also set up Bearman to stun on this map just by putting him as one of units diagonal to the boss.

...I might still bring Lee.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Aug 20, 2016

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Is there a verdict on how strong Celestial is yet? I can't find information on her heal's scaling, so it could be really good or really bad depending on how much it goes up per level. I'm at 1800 crystals so I'll get her before the event ends for sure, but not for awhile.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Two quick questions:

1) If a character wit a 5-hit attack equips a weapon with +100 damage, do they get +100 per hit or +20 per hit?

2) I got an S rank on like scissor coocoo 3 or something. Is there any reason I'd want to go back and max that rank out?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
Celestial is very strong.

Also, it appears that her Seal removes the resistances raid bosses gain at form 3.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

Time-Police posted:

Got you in overflow Torn and saving last spot for metatro

Thanks! I just applied for it so we should be good.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

PFlats posted:

Two quick questions:

1) If a character wit a 5-hit attack equips a weapon with +100 damage, do they get +100 per hit or +20 per hit?

2) I got an S rank on like scissor coocoo 3 or something. Is there any reason I'd want to go back and max that rank out?

1) It's added to the total damage and then divide by the number of hit it does. The only one I'm not sure is how it calculates to DoT effects. For DoT, it might be +100 per hit rather than +100 to the total damage it would deal.

2) S rank will always give more exp total than SS rank of the previous stage for coocoos.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Rewards have been boosted from the sunday gold dungeon, I'm getting about 210k/run rather than the previous 105k, it looks like the basic reward got boosted from 5k to 100k. Incidentally, this means you should be bringing Dolores for an extra 47k/run, and also resetting it as much as you can afford (which may be not at all right now, if you're saving for Celestial's package.) This is a display bug, it is not giving 100k/run base.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Aug 21, 2016

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Somefool posted:

PFlats posted:

2) S rank will always give more exp total than SS rank of the previous stage for coocoos.
That's really good to know, but I in this specific case I S-ranked it earlier in the week and am up to level 6 now with SS on every other level. I was just curious if there was some reason I'd want to go back to level 3 and get an SS there - some completion bonus or something - rather than keep playing the higher levels.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

PFlats posted:

That's really good to know, but I in this specific case I S-ranked it earlier in the week and am up to level 6 now with SS on every other level. I was just curious if there was some reason I'd want to go back to level 3 and get an SS there - some completion bonus or something - rather than keep playing the higher levels.

Nah, no point in going back. The only thing that matters is the first time clear reward.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
Just for extra clarity, there is on the world map, but not in Nepthys.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Just got the Celestial package! Woo! Thanks, whoever suggested saving crystals last month instead of buying more Black Equipment capsules.

Now the question is... what should I spend my blue gems on? Skilling her, or saving 900 of the things (SIX MONTHS at 5 per day, 2 months per item) for the set? I do have 1400 genes saved up from mirror matches. I'd originally been saving them for Belle, but...

Skill order obviously needs to start with Skill#2, for the seal % chance. Not sure whether 3 or 4 is next. I feel like 1 will be last, or not at all, since spawning potions randomly might actually give bonuses to the enemy? Or are potions consistently more useful to me than the enemy?

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
Her skill 3 seems to have a stupid range. A column 8 (?) squares long, 3 squares wide.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Yeah, the power creep with each new hero is...quite noticable.

It's still better than Future Fight though, where a single hero (Loki) has been mandatory for basically everything for the vast majority of the game.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

So I just found an additional way to gently caress up Monday's raid. I tried to beef up Sione so that she could counter but apparently this was a mistake. Since she likes to pace herself back and forth in that spot, she somehow lived long enough where one of the minions would turn in a way that causes the Lee in the center to reposition himself for a directional bonus against the minion.

I wasted 4 runs to figure this out. :suicide:

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker

Somefool posted:

So I just found an additional way to gently caress up Monday's raid. I tried to beef up Sione so that she could counter but apparently this was a mistake. Since she likes to pace herself back and forth in that spot, she somehow lived long enough where one of the minions would turn in a way that causes the Lee in the center to reposition himself for a directional bonus against the minion.

I wasted 4 runs to figure this out. :suicide:

Don't worry I screwed up 2 of my runs by not having lord gauge filled...could have broken 20M easily...

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Mardragon posted:

Don't worry I screwed up 2 of my runs by not having lord gauge filled...could have broken 20M easily...

I found some fresh new way to gently caress it up, my second lee consistently went straight for the boss for his third attack, trying to get directional advantage.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

I finally managed to unlock Belle today!

I also unlocked Celestial today.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Congrats! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

It's come to my attention that not everybody has lee yet, but as it turns out, it's fine to do today's strat with just a merc. It will almost certainly still be more effective than the old stun strat. Leave Lilid and Lily unchanged. Put the merc lee on the southwest island. If you have belle, especially a counter belle, substitute her in for bearman's slot on the island with lilid, in position 1. If you lack Belle and Bearman, you can use Raizel or Raskreia, if you lack them, post who you do have and we'll talk.

On the far island, where Sione would go, you can put almost anybody, but as long as you maintain at least 3 scissors on the team, you can skew that one to a paper in order to build more gauge.

In place of where your lee would go, you can roll with any fragile scissors asskicker you want, like fruel or maybe jin, as long as they don't survive longer than whoever's on the island with lilid. Lily and Lilid should both be completely unequipped, you essentially want them to die horribly ASAP to get facings correct and not move the boss any more.

• Locked thread