Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Oh yeah that stage, course 3 look for luna right? Got something to the tune of 6 million but i forgot to snapshot it.

I think it's Stage 2 actually. Still yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I don't know what it was about Course 3 but I found it much easier to clear than Course 2, only stages 3,4 and 8 really snagged me up for any considerable amount of time. All the others I either passed first time or failed only once.

So yayy Rei. Her poses are cuter than Mars' poses. But I'm positive Mako's will be top cute.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
aww I caught up! Which is kind of a good thing, my brain needs a rest after marathoning this trainwreck of a plot. Kudos to you for SCOOB for plowing onwards through it for us all!

Which is kinda good, since I joined in on the drop fun. I'm terrible at it though, but trying! Code: ww725c998

Did anyone go to International Sailor Moon Day in their area? I went as a lark, but it was kind of nice attending a small con again. Plus I got to see some awesome punk sailor aesthetic.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Aw, that's cool. Looks like everybody had fun. :3:

Also, boo-urns at having Blue Dress Ami as the next event character. Why do you hate Makoto fans, game!? :argh:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

kefkafloyd posted:

Aw, that's cool. Looks like everybody had fun. :3:

Also, boo-urns at having Blue Dress Ami as the next event character. Why do you hate Makoto fans, game!? :argh:

That seems like such a lame character too, ami but in a blue dress! Is that dress from something?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I just cleared off some people who I haven't gotten a heart from in a while, so my friendid is ww50b1128 if anyone wants another goon who generally remembers to send hearts every day.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
I figured out that the friends list is sorted by "when they've last logged in," so your most inactive friends are at the bottom of the list. This has helped with pruning.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

My game's been getting picky with letting me send hearts. Once a day must literally mean 24 hours cuz I'll check it when my hearts refresh and it won't let me send all the time.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
I like that at least since the update you can bank a level up and hold on to it for a bit. Useful as I'm approaching Pluto.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh man, I own that EXACT same creepy blue eyed anime mask.

I wear it on Halloween with a black hoodie and I look like something out of a nightmare. It's fantastic, I love it.

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry

RMZXAnarchy posted:

That seems like such a lame character too, ami but in a blue dress! Is that dress from something?

It's the dress she wore mostly during the Ayakashi Sisters story arc.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I have been wondering where you all had gotten the game since nothing appeared on my play store but apparently it's region locked. :negative:

EDIT: Got it anyway! Code: ww8b95fc6

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Aug 19, 2016

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

END ME SCOOB posted:

Update tomorrow.

I have no idea what delayed m

I promise you'll enjoy the update, but will it have been worth the wait?

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Aug 19, 2016

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

That dress makes ami look like she's been eating too many burgers. It doesn't translate well to the chibi artstyle.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

I will say the great thing about Prince Demande in this game is that his portrait looks like he's reacting to someone telling him he lost his puppy. "I just feel like giving up."

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

RMZXAnarchy posted:

That dress makes ami look like she's been eating too many burgers. It doesn't translate well to the chibi artstyle.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

ABB: Always Be Burgin'

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
That Ami burger pic is one of my favorite things from Sailor Moon.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
the style of this event is really obnoxious. it basically enforces that you have to get a minimum score on each level meaning ppl are really likely to sink a lot of money into it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If I wasn't so bad at the game I'd say it's fine, but I'm bad so I've spent like 10 hearts on Map 16 so far. The Crystals and the Accessories are my worst events so :suicide:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

The OTP.

Senerio posted:

If I wasn't so bad at the game I'd say it's fine, but I'm bad so I've spent like 10 hearts on Map 16 so far. The Crystals and the Accessories are my worst events so :suicide:

I'm stuck on the stage where I have to match a certain amount of Red, Green and Yellow Pieces and the game requires twice as many Reds as they do the other two, only because i'm getting flooded with orange and blues while at most having 5 reds all completely seperated from one another :downsgun: I don't have enough moves to blow on those drat pieces if its not gonna chain poo poo together.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 19, 2016

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

RMZXAnarchy posted:

The OTP.

I'm stuck on the stage where I have to match a certain amount of Red, Green and Yellow Pieces and the game requires twice as many Reds as they do the other two, only because i'm getting flooded with orange and blues while at most having 5 reds all completely seperated from one another :downsgun: I don't have enough moves to blow on those drat pieces if its not gonna chain poo poo together.

the secret to every type of stage is basically to focus on getting disco balls and then swirlygigs or paintysplotches to match them with. dont waste gems on match-fours if you can help it.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
There are 81 stars available. Ami needs 70. This is going to be rough.

(I am saying that having 56 so far at stage 23 complete.)

Cyouni fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 20, 2016

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I feel like winning or losing is 98% luck, 2% skill. :negative:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Barrier stages can gently caress right off.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Instant Sunrise posted:

ABB: Ami Be Burgin'

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

gmq posted:

I feel like winning or losing is 98% luck, 2% skill. :negative:

......fifteen percent concentrated power of will~

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
It's 100% the power of love and friendship. It's like you aren't even paying attention

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Waffleman_ posted:

......fifteen percent concentrated power of will~

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

It's 100% reason to remember the name is Usagi, not Serena.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

The Sailor Business podcast has ruined me.

Chris Sims :argh:

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

That was honestly not as hard as I was expecting, though a significant amount of luck may have been involved.

Mercury's skill remains the best, and I honestly have no idea why I'd consider using anything else.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I would be right there with you if I weren't editing this drat LP

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

SystemLogoff posted:

The Sailor Business podcast has ruined me.

Chris Sims :argh:

I swear, once that picture was posted I thought Chris was a goon.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

So our first stop on World Tour v0.1 (we're millenia in the past, remember?) is Switzerland. All the chapter 2 villages now have a warp pad for us to land on with the Ark.

The exact same random encounters from earlier in the game are still kicking around here, which is funny for two reasons.

a) This means everyone was full of poo poo when they went "these monsters just showed up between our villages!" No, guys, they have been outside for a loving while now.

b) Hahahahahahaha eat poo poo you popsicle fucks

If we return to the cavern where we ended Mercury's story, we immediately get bodied by a dragon, and I mean immediately. There's a reason that my first screenshot of the thing is halfway into the fight transition animation.

Dragons should not be tattooed on your body. What the gently caress is wrong with you, dude who wanted the D&D ampersand inside his flesh forever?

The dragon got off a single group attack before Pluto's turn, and at that point, it never moved again.

How horrible must fighting us at this point in the game be, from the monster's perspective? You possibly attack once and then all of a sudden your body just bursts from the end result of 20-40 turns of raw beatdown without your cognition ever realizing until you're allowed to move again at the moment of death.

Or do they even get that much, and it's just "one attack and then brain death"?

Anyway that dragon was Esmeraude. Hi, Esmeraude.

Esmeraude was the halfway point in the Black Moon Clan, before Sir Creepy Motherfucker himself showed up. When the Spectre Sisters were out and Rubeus got baked alive, she became the face of the organization. How poorly this went for her depends on whether you find "becoming a Godzilla and disintegrating" or "Tuxedo Mask blowing your rear end up" more humiliating. Some folks love her though.

I wrote another Jojo joke here and decided it had been run into the ground. But you can feel free to giggle if it popped into your head as well.

But as a fun note, if we have any Outer Senshi in the party, Esmeraude will comment on that fact, given that she died before any of them showed their faces.

As a less fun note, guess which party member was instrumental in her third consecutive death. Hint: she never saw it coming.

This entire angle was an optional quest, and it leads to us claiming a second Red Pupil. If you've forgotten the first one, these are the incredibly handy, any-member accessories that boost Attack by 24 and Agility by 19. I'll probably start making use of those in chapter 5, once we stop party-swapping every ten minutes.

But the good news is we never have to revisit any of these podunk shitholes ever again since we have all the puzzle pieces.

We can actually tackle the next two events in any order, but I like to do them North Pole first, Moon Kingdom second for one hilarious reason we'll get to.

As you might expect, the North Pole is a vast icy wasteland that's slightly maze-like in nature. If you recall, a sage named Beryl lives out here. This game posits that the entire Earth Kingdom is over here, though, split between a castle and a remote-rear end village with a large swath of wasteland between them.

There are random encounters here, too. Tough fuckers. North Pole enemies are the only things you can reliably grind on in all of the past, but if you struggled on Rubeus, guess what - these pricks are a jump as well, if easier to kill.

U-Tahime is a Daimon whose name is a pun on "songstress" and who came from sticking an egg and a microphone in the microwave together. She's a bit of a diva. This is totally a concept that has never come up in a villain of the week ever prior to the Death Busters saga.

Snow Dancers are some bullshit from one of the anime movies and I just can't care

Aaaaanyway, given that people would recognize an Usagi-lookalike wandering around in what is apparently the female soldier's uniform, Luna pulls us aside and has us put the slightest bit of effort into this plan.

As a result, the castle guards all get boners and ogle us before going "C'MON IN BABYCAKES". Seriously, there are 4 lines of "THROB THROB" between them.

Our end goal in the castle is to steal Sage Beryl's loot talk briefly with Beryl and I'm incredibly curious if this conversation is different in Japanese, because in this version, it makes no sense. There is talk of people being "lead away" by a comet, and how if a God of Destruction were to rise from it, we'd all be better off dead.

Then Usagi tells her "Hey don't brainwash Endymion to your side, that wouldn't be 'real' love." and Beryl goes "Yeah I bet that bitch you look like would say that too."

So we steal all her poo poo.

Ha ha you probably saw Endymion pluck this once and kept it locked away forever. Now it will raise Sailor Moon's defense by 10 permanently.

Yes, I used it on Sailor Moon just to add insult to injury. Look, this bitch is going to wipe out civilization in maybe three hours from now, I'm totally going to temporally gently caress with her all I can.

When we leave, Sailor Moon fills everyone in on Beryl's monologue, and regrets that she can't do anything to stop her from making the mistake that will lead us to murder her 3 times and counting.

Sailor Pluto kindly interjects with "I'm right here, Jesus".

There's a convenient massively potent item on the way out of the snowfield, and if you head directly west from it, you can reach the village I mentioned.

I'm pretty sure it's skippable, and you only need to see one event here to progress the story, but that event sucks and so I'm going to cover the part where the Four Kings, who only see you as a servant, all bitch about their job and how much of a pain in the rear end covering for the Prince is when he keeps slipping out to the Moon Kingdom without telling them.

So then we take the Ark to the Moon itself.

We wander around in disguise so we don't accidentally Timecop ourselves, and the Moon Kingdom itself is a lot of people who are just lazing about or running skating rinks or having coffee or whatever. Nobody here does any work save the lone shopkeep.

Although apparently the Ark is like... the Ford Pinto of airships, based on this NPC throwing shade.

Once we get into the palace itself, our first stop is raiding the Princess' room for her final accessory. (The other chest is a Red Rose. Of course.)

We can eavesdrop on our past selves, and while one scene plays automatically, you can actually try to walk out onto the balcony, only to have Luna bite you and pull you back with a "WHAT THE HELL, USAGI".

Okay, so. I'm about to get real frothy over the stupidest goddamn thing here. I apologize.

This is Queen Serenity, who sees us and immediately pegs us as "Ah, this is my kid, what are you weari- waaaaaaait."

Now, look at her sprite, then to her portrait. Is the anime to blame for this Tall Lady bullshit?

Nope. Manga?

Absolutely not. WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THAT PORTRAIT'S DYE-JOB?!

Also, the "blank" portrait I used for offscreen dialogue early on is Queen Serenity's head.

This scene is rather touching and it's the reason we couldn't remove Chibi-Usa from the party until now: with her disguise undone, Usagi goes "Well, gently caress it, if you've figured me out, here, meet your granddaughter".

It's very brief, only a few lines are spoken, and Serenity basically goes "I know what's coming", which sends Usagi running to the halls in tears because she can't stand to see a woman she remembers as a mother so stoic in the face of her impending death.

I will 100% ruin this for you, though.

We immediately go back into her room and steal all of her poo poo to equip Chibi-Usa.

Just like in the forest, this is another "there is no giveaway for this at all" moment, so if you don't know about these items, you're going to miss out on what makes Chibi-Usa into the single best tank in the game.

No, you're not misreading that. The Rainbow Ribbon protects against all status effects and gives her a perfect 255 evasion stat. She's still going to take hits, but buddy, they're gonna be few and far between.

So, I mentioned earlier that I liked to do North Pole's events before the Moon's for bleakly comedic reasons. Let me explain why. Now that we've talked to Queen Serenity and spied on our "younger" self, if we leave and come back...

EVERYTHING IS BURNING

The very instant we land, Usagi's response is "I don't want to be here for this," but Luna tells her we kind of need to know why she vanished from everyone's memories.

In what's actually an incredibly black joke, the lone treasure chest contains a Moon Shard.

But y'know what's not funny? Finding your own motherfucking corpse in the road. And then it vanishes before our eyes. But it's cool though, because Usagi instantly realizes what's gone down based on the sheer creep factor at play.

Let's talk about the creepiest motherfucker Sailor Moon ever had to face off with, Prince Demande. In the anime, he "only" obsesses over Neo-Queen Serenity to the point that he tries capturing Sailor Moon repeatedly to make her love him, going so far as to try desperate brainwashing that fails. He gets some "redemption" there, dying to save her from an attack by Wiseman/Death Phantom.

Then there's the manga. Uh. Where do I even start.

His entire deal is "I want to hatefuck the Queen so bad". This is not even subtext, he straight up compares the disdain NQS has for him to Sailor Moon's disgusted face and goes "Ah, the same woman, BRING HER TO ME." When this fails, he's the guy who tries to end time itself out of spite, and in a lovely bit of final justice, both Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask curb-stomp the fucker. He is the absolute fedoralord of Sailor Moon.

So yes, the fact that his sole appearance in this game is trying to steal a corpse, probably to gently caress it, history be damned is 100% in character.

I want you to realize I didn't edit or omit anything from this next sequence.

Anyway long story short, Sailor Moon goes "Guys, you need to trust me on this very, very stupid thing I'm about to do", and trades herself for her corpse. Demande grabs her and vanishes.

As a result, Queen Serenity is able to reincarnate the whole team in the future, history is restored, and OH WAIT THE CAMERA PANNED TO THE LEFT, DAMNIT

In yet another case of mixing up anime and manga willy-nilly, we're now going with the "the 7 Great Youma sealed part of the Rainbow Crystal" thing, and the fearsome fivesome decide to snag one of the 7 shards to gently caress up the Silver Crystal's power in the future. They do not do this on camera but I presume it happens anyway and will be reversed at some pohahahahaha no we're still going to feed them their teeth later, "weaker" god-weapon or no.

Can you always tell when I'm getting absolutely sick of a cutscene in these updates and my descriptions get more and more sparse? Boy, I sure can.

We return to Venus' temple village and Chibi-Moon has been promoted to party leader because that's how monarchies work. While everyone else is going "well we need to drop everything and fix this", uh... one person is not so hype about the idea? And it's not who you think?

Venus is just bitter she didn't get to slot into the leadership role.

So at this point, I need you to pick me a party. This time the gimmick is pick pairs. Vote for two people and tell me why you chose them. Shipping, a cool fanfic you read one time, a dumb joke that popped into your head, the two weakest party members, whatever works, just explain your case. I will grant bonus points to whatever entertains me most but I'll probably still stick with numbers.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
I kinda wish you'd incldue more of the cutscenes though. The broken translation is half the fun. For the audience at least, not for you.

Anyway, take Setsuna and Haruka.

Because Uranus and Puu.

(Yeah, wanted to set the standard high here. And also being able to curbstomp enemies with Pluto may help preserve your sanity.)

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
To be fair to Demade, he only tried to do the time paradox thing after he had to kill his brother who was mind-controlled by Death Phantom and then found out that he couldn't kill Death Phantom because Death Phantom was a planet.

Mercury and Jupiter, because of a wonderful dance they shared.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

END ME SCOOB posted:

Esmeraude was the halfway point in the Black Moon Clan, before Sir Creepy Motherfucker himself showed up. When the Spectre Sisters were out and Rubeus got baked alive, she became the face of the organization. How poorly this went for her depends on whether you find "becoming a Godzilla and disintegrating" or "Tuxedo Mask blowing your rear end up" more humiliating.

please do not make fun of Tuxedo La Smoking Bomber it is a powerful and majestic attack

edit:

grandalt posted:

To be fair to Demade, he only tried to do the time paradox thing after he had to kill his brother who was mind-controlled by Death Phantom and then found out that he couldn't kill Death Phantom because Death Phantom was a planet.

"had to" is overselling it a wee bit. His attempt at breaking his brother's brainwashing was just saying "hey bro, stop being brainwashed" and then murdering him when that didn't work and anything else would be too much effort. Let's not forget Demande was brainwashed too at the same time and all it took for him to break out of it was Death Phantom gloating about blowing up Earth and Demande remembering that he wanted to conquer that planet instead.

a cartoon duck fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Aug 20, 2016

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Mercury and Pluto

Mercury because it'll be nice to have someone with an IQ higher than room-temperature.

And Pluto because her only attack in the series is Dead Scream, which is metal as gently caress, and because it's her drat job to deal with timeline shenanigans.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Mercury and Jupiter.

Because I blame Sailor Business for me now thinking they are a couple.

Chris Sims! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Let's go with Pluto and Jupiter so Pluto can do her job and Jupiter can throw coconuts at the bad guys

• Locked thread