Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

a hole-y ghost posted:

I think it's illegal to have that much power.

im lmaoing at that epic gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Get this gun.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Get this gun

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
Get a curios and relics license and buy a case of Mosin Nagant rifles. No ammo needed just use the bayonets.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

EorayMel posted:

Get this gun

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear!

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty
Fun Shoe
If it ain't crew served it ain't poo poo.

naem
May 29, 2011

stabbing

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

a hole-y ghost posted:

Get this gun.

This I want!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Who What Now posted:

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear!

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

a hole-y ghost posted:

Get this gun.

I like that gun it looks friendly and safe

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
There's no better home intruder deterrent than the sound of a shotgun cocking

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Ben Smash posted:

There's no better home intruder deterrent than the sound of a shotgun cocking

What about the sound of a shotgun firing?

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Well in that case he's gone either way

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Ben Smash posted:

Well in that case he's gone either way
yeah when the OP intentionally blasts his own nutsack and the intruder gets skeeved out and bolts

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I'm pretty sure this particular chart is outdated now, but it gives a general idea of what you're up against if you want to attempt to comply with California laws and figure out whether or not you're trying to get a deadly assault weapon.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
here's me and my gun, it has helped during many 'battles' in my life per se

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
I'm going to address this as though it is serious:

Our advice is already crippled by not knowing your country or state and the laws that apply, I'm going to not recommend a hand gun just because it's probably hard to get where you live, if you're an idiot or recently even a goon from the 'counter-strike' thread you will blow your own thumb off, so we're going to jump to rifles and shotguns.

We're going to skip shotguns because I again know nothing about where you live or how dumb you are. Dumb people blow out a wall in their own house and kill their kid or some poo poo because shotguns were not made with 2016 Chinese drywall home defense in mind.

Entry rifles: A good .22 actually be pretty effective in home defense and purchased new for about 200-300 dollars. In your case, 'good' is defined as being reliable and having at least a 10 round magazine in case you miss a lot even from the distance of half your yard. Almost all the reputable and old companies sell a successful version of this in America. Ruger 10/22, a Remington, Savage, Marlin, pick one. Ammunition is cheap, just learn how to clean the gun and the basic mechanics so you don't shoot yourself. Can also be used for plinking, and small game.

Mid range rifles: .243 is a good caliber between .22 and .308, buy one if you want the minimum caliber to hunt deer when not defending your apartment full of bags of chips or whatever.

Big rifles: .308 is the standard big fukkr, can kill deer, moose, or intruders. So can every other caliber just not for the deer or moose part.

Good luck, have fun, the gun forum is cool and good.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

extra stout posted:

I'm going to address this as though it is serious:

Our advice is already crippled by not knowing your country or state and the laws that apply, I'm going to not recommend a hand gun just because it's probably hard to get where you live, if you're an idiot or recently even a goon from the 'counter-strike' thread you will blow your own thumb off, so we're going to jump to rifles and shotguns.

We're going to skip shotguns because I again know nothing about where you live or how dumb you are. Dumb people blow out a wall in their own house and kill their kid or some poo poo because shotguns were not made with 2016 Chinese drywall home defense in mind.

Entry rifles: A good .22 actually be pretty effective in home defense and purchased new for about 200-300 dollars. In your case, 'good' is defined as being reliable and having at least a 10 round magazine in case you miss a lot even from the distance of half your yard. Almost all the reputable and old companies sell a successful version of this in America. Ruger 10/22, a Remington, Savage, Marlin, pick one. Ammunition is cheap, just learn how to clean the gun and the basic mechanics so you don't shoot yourself. Can also be used for plinking, and small game.

Mid range rifles: .243 is a good caliber between .22 and .308, buy one if you want the minimum caliber to hunt deer when not defending your apartment full of bags of chips or whatever.

Big rifles: .308 is the standard big fukkr, can kill deer, moose, or intruders. So can every other caliber just not for the deer or moose part.

Good luck, have fun, the gun forum is cool and good.

Fail. he should buy the RCP-90.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Smythe posted:

that is a very very cool gun, the semi-auto version is called the ps90 and if it's even legal where he lives it will cost him about ~2500

so 10 times more than the gun i recommended

but its in james bond and counter-strike so ok i was wrong i give up

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
I'm modifying my bullets to have emotions, so they become more angry and thirsty for blood with every human they strike. Every wall they punch through only increases their speed and desire to rip flesh asunder as they will not rest without tasting blood.

It's in the experimental phase atm.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Smythe posted:

I have the irl version irl

And it's cool

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's pretty extremely turbonerd actually lmao

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
browning automatic is still the best recommendation so far just so you know OP

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

it's pretty extremely turbonerd actually lmao

It's cool and good

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nobodys going to break into your lovely house and if you find any intruders rawdogging your chunky suburban wife it's because she tindered them. Go buy yourself a nice bottle of bourbon and relax

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

nobodys going to break into your lovely house and if you find any intruders rawdogging your chunky suburban wife it's because she tindered them. Go buy yourself a nice bottle of bourbon and relax
He's actually looking for a gun to shoot himself so I think it's our GBS duty to discourage him.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su
A ten pack of shuriken should be sufficient.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Jonny 290 posted:

I was at a gun store today and the guy behind the counter was basically giving this speech to prospective customers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3W0AnCAZsg&t=55s

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Might I recommended a supersoaker OP? If you get one of the high pressure ones it hurts when you get sprayed and no burglar I've ever confronted has wanted to walk home wet

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

op have you considered not being an enormous pussy?

Forward Toward
Aug 14, 2015

No Tank You. not today tanks. Tank you very much.

TANK TANK TANK

VRRRRRRRRRRRRR
why not just get a claymore.

FRONT TOWARD ENEMY claymore obviously.

That'll protect you. it might put some teeny holes in all of your stuff.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Forward Toward posted:

why not just get a claymore.

FRONT TOWARD ENEMY claymore obviously.

That'll protect you. it might put some teeny holes in all of your stuff.

i already have a teeny hole in my dick. is it possible i was claymored?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

If the Mateba is good enough for Togusa it's good enough for you

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

yea matebas own

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

grellgraxer posted:

A ten pack of shuriken should be sufficient.

a ten pack of shuriken

might be the best forums name ive seen yet

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
A TAVOR is a better bullpup rifle.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

aug life

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Tony Homo posted:

I need to get a gun/rifle for home protection. I want GBS advise so don't want to post in the normal related gun forum. As far as I'm concerned GBS is the better part of this web site and the other parts are frequented by retards.

Thanks.

Walther P99 AS, 9mm

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
You obviously need a Dardick Revolver

Either that or Gyrojet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl6zcB83xng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Let me tell you about an experimental grid-loading caseless ammunition LMG.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread