Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Elfgames posted:

why would berrus care? and it's probably too far below Xeno to notice like by the time majin bu goes from one end of the universe to the other the first few planets could easily be repopulated and have grown back into life

God of Destruction seems like an important role in the universe, that actually has a point. I don't think Beerus is supposed to just destroy things at random (though he does that). Beerus sometime talks about destroying people for cosmic crimes (like time travel or whatever). I think part of Beerus job is destroying creatures like Buu (when he wakes up and gets around to it), that get too powerful for the normal universe to deal with.

Like, Zamasu keeps talking about destroying things for the cosmic good, but gets told that's the job of the God of Destruction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

lol

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Controversial point.

If Bra wasn't a woman I don't think she would be getting nearly the amount of hate that she does in DBM.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Black Goku's turning Super Saiyan Rose soon. I dunno if the thread already said this, but it might be cool.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Controversial point.

If Bra wasn't a woman I don't think she would be getting nearly the amount of hate that she does in DBM.

Well duh. Comments sections are basically a breeding ground for stuff like that. The moment you have a feeeeeemale doing stuff that is even 50% as good as the male cast, it's time for the MRAs and pals to crawl out of the woodwork and start hooting about biotruths and Mary Sues.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The comments section people are overreacting but the Bra vs. King Cold fight was kind of garbage though.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, it wasn't great. Perfect Cold was clearly just too drat big to be that conducive to a fun manga fight.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It was a pretty stupid way to turn around the fight, Multiverse doesn't exactly have the best writing.
"Oh man Bra's getting wrecked oh wait she had a senzu bean Bra's winning now!"

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, it wasn't great. Perfect Cold was clearly just too drat big to be that conducive to a fun manga fight.
It really made me appreciate how Toriyama always made the more powerful villains have relatively simple, elegant designs. Final Form Frieza, Perfect Cell etc.

Augus posted:

It was a pretty stupid way to turn around the fight, Multiverse doesn't exactly have the best writing.
I think the actual starting premise for the battle is fine- Bra gets talked into a disadvantage for the fight due to being overconfident and presumptuous. Cool. The problem is that if she loses because of this, it's not especially satisfying dramatically. That leaves you with having to come up with a way for her to win. The senzu thing was lame, but what could they have done that wasn't as generally silly? Like she could have pulled out Kaioken I guess, but characters have been doing that throughout DBM so it would feel repetitive as a trump card (Unlike, say, Goku vs. Hit in Super where the return of Kaioken was a genuine surprise).

I don't think it would have been as big of a deal if the whole battle was quicker, but it feels like it has been going on for a while now.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 18, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I dig the design of Cold though. Their art is stellar. They're really lucky to have that artist.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Augus posted:

woops now shes legos
woops now shes gonna slice him in half

the edge factor in some DBM universes is way too high

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

New Leaf posted:

I dig the design of Cold though. Their art is stellar. They're really lucky to have that artist.

Oh yeah, I loved the reveal. "Oh yeah? Well King Cold is stronger than FREEZA and COOLER. He doesn't just have Cooler's fifth form, he has A BIG GIANT MONSTER SIXTH FORM ALL TO HIMSELF." That was exactly the sort of dumb fanfic bullshit that I actually like, and the first few panels did it justice. It only got iffy when the poor artist had to try and draw him moving around.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh yeah, I loved the reveal. "Oh yeah? Well King Cold is stronger than FREEZA and COOLER. He doesn't just have Cooler's fifth form, he has A BIG GIANT MONSTER SIXTH FORM ALL TO HIMSELF." That was exactly the sort of dumb fanfic bullshit that I actually like, and the first few panels did it justice. It only got iffy when the poor artist had to try and draw him moving around.

This is why Toriyana, and most comic artists, do simple designs.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I'm ok with buying the "I ate a senzu, but really didn't need to go through any of these motions because I have sick magic ki moves anyways", because it seems like a hook for some bigger payoff later.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Controversial point.

Even if she was a man she'd be terrible though. It's pretty undeniable how she's the Mary Sue of the creator, which isn't helped by the fact that her personality is horrendous, and she's outright praised for being an rear end in a top hat. In a normal work, someone going in with that much cockiness would get destroyed (see: every Vegeta fight ever), instead she gets to cheat and win, basically proving that she can be an arrogant jerk forever with no repercussions (again, see how well that goes for Vegeta against Freeza, 18 or Cell).

It gets to the point where I'd rather have GT Bra, really. At least she barely existed, which is more than Super Bra who doesn't exist at all, I wonder if Toriyama even remembers Trunks is meant to get a sister.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I'm not sure why Bra would let herself get pounded into tomato sauce.
I mean senzu beans or none that seems like it would be very very painful.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

Even if she was a man she'd be terrible though. It's pretty undeniable how she's the Mary Sue of the creator, which isn't helped by the fact that her personality is horrendous, and she's outright praised for being an rear end in a top hat. In a normal work, someone going in with that much cockiness would get destroyed (see: every Vegeta fight ever), instead she gets to cheat and win, basically proving that she can be an arrogant jerk forever with no repercussions (again, see how well that goes for Vegeta against Freeza, 18 or Cell).

It gets to the point where I'd rather have GT Bra, really. At least she barely existed, which is more than Super Bra who doesn't exist at all, I wonder if Toriyama even remembers Trunks is meant to get a sister.

Ah yes, the arrogant confident protagonist who wins repeatedly. Absolutely not a staple of children's shows and they NEVER have male characters like that.

Unfortunatel she is only the *#2* confident arrogant jerk protagonist in Japan.

Being cocky wasn't Vegeta's flaw. Being an evil mass-murderer was.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Aug 18, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ImpAtom posted:

Ah yes, the arrogant confident protagonist who wins repeatedly. Absolutely not a staple of children's shows and they NEVER have male characters like that.

Certainly not a staple of this childrens show.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Like, no doubt, Bra is the creator's pet because they thought up so much story for Vegito that getting to do even more with what was essentially a blank character they changed origins when doing Vegito stuff meant they could do even more, but to say she's a mary sue and all that junk is dumb. She's the shonen hero the guys thought of with a father that will do bad things thinking it's for the greater good.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Certainly not a staple of this childrens show.

We've got like, 3 Gokus just standing in the corner and whistling innocently.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ImpAtom posted:

Unfortunatel she is only the *#2* confident arrogant jerk protagonist in Japan.

Being cocky wasn't Vegeta's flaw. Being an evil mass-murderer was.

She isn't even the cockiest Mary Sue in her family, her father is loving Vegito.

Also cockiness was Vegetas flaw, he can have multiple.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Bulma's pretty sure of herself too. She's the one character that wasn't afraid to make Vegeta wear a pink shirt

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I kinda want DBM to end with "ok, so, we're missing a few universes, we need to fill in the bracket... oh, hey! We found another group! Let's call this universe, I dunno, 21" and suddenly they bring in DBS Goku and Vegeta who just effortlessly pound every opponent with SSB.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Squallege posted:

Bulma's pretty sure of herself too. She's the one character that wasn't afraid to make Vegeta wear a pink shirt

she made the right choice tbh

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kurui Reiten posted:

I kinda want DBM to end with "ok, so, we're missing a few universes, we need to fill in the bracket... oh, hey! We found another group! Let's call this universe, I dunno, 21" and suddenly they bring in DBS Goku and Vegeta who just effortlessly pound every opponent with SSB.

Doubtful. Partly because it sounds like the dude's already got the whole thing written and partly because it sounds like he doesn't even really like the new stuff.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Doubtful. Partly because it sounds like the dude's already got the whole thing written and partly because it sounds like he doesn't even really like the new stuff.

Oh, I know, but I kinda like the idea regardless, if only for the "gently caress you" factor.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
In the latest chapter of the Dragon Ball Super manga...

Toyble gave Future Trunks a unique Super Saiyan 2 design, unlike the anime.

Future Trunks is capable of keeping pace with Super Saiyan 2 Goku as a Super Saiyan 2 himself.

Goku goes Super Saiyan 3, and Trunks apparently uses that "MY BULMA" rage boost thing Vegeta had to get him strong enough to match Super Saiyan 3. It's apparently a feature of Super Saiyan 2, not just a one-off thing!

Goku OHKOs Trunks as a Super Saiyan God. Even Beerus calls it unnecessary.

Goku is much more worried for Trunks than in the anime, and offers to go to the future to fight Black. Vegeta wants to go too, but politely asks Bulma first. Bulma still thinks Future Bulma has terrible taste in naming schemes.

:siren: And the biggest spoiler: :siren:

Apparently Gods of Destruction aren't allowed to exist without a God of Creation (Supreme Kai) around. The Supreme Kai in Trunks' timeline got killed; Future Beerus is probably gone, and this scares the hell out of Present Beerus. It seems like a preventative measure so ensure that a God of Destruction doesn't go too far, or something.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Beerus is probably angry that his existence depends on such a wimp.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Pureauthor posted:

Beerus is probably angry that his existence depends on such a wimp.

He probably just realised that he almost stopped existing almost half a dozen times during the Buu saga.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

anybody have a link to the latest manga chapter?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Testekill posted:

He probably just realised that he almost stopped existing almost half a dozen times during the Buu saga.

Is that why Beerus sealed Old Kai in the Z sword? To make sure he could never be killed?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

wait, wouldn't Future Beerus still be alive? since Future Old Kai is still in the Z-Sword, presumably

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Carlosologist posted:

anybody have a link to the latest manga chapter?

http://www.db-z.com/chapitre-15-de-dragon-ball-super/

Only Korean scanlations for now.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
That definitely doesn't look like Trunks' normal sword.. I'm almost convinced he's using the Z-Sword.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

ya, that works for now! thanks a bunch!

Korin and Yajirobe are doing Twister this time instead of limbo, lmao

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So SSJ3 is exactly as stupid as it looks.

Good to know.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Burkion posted:

Good to know.

haven't we know this for like ever now?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Burkion posted:

Good to know.

Is this why Vegeta intentionally avoided using SSJ3? Vegeta wanted to look cool, and everybody can agree that he looks way better in his Super Saiyan Blue form.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

haven't we know this for like ever now?

It's just nice to know that the one thing that SSJ3 could give you, a quick and easy power boost, is also worthless compared to SSJ2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Super Saiyan Rose (pronounced "Ro-ze," like the wine)

Future Yajirobe apparently exists too!

• Locked thread