Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

MurderBot posted:

he was mentioning that medical marijuana is higher potency and cheaper, but yeah I wont be a chronic user so pretty much whatever I get will do the trick.

Oh poo poo I didn't catch that part. How's the medical side regulated in Oregon? In Washington it's going away because if the recreational legalisation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kaliber posted:

On my way to VA. Tough boxes full of weapons, no armed guard because the unit thinks it's unsafe and too much of a hassle.We have memo's so everything will be fine!!

You're not allowed in my house when six of your M4s and two pair of NODs and something that joe didn't know was SI goes missing.

What's the most obscure and stupid thing a regular line unit has that is a sensitive item?

It feels real good that I can't remember poo poo like that because hahahaha two years clean of the Army stink bitchezzzzzz

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I seem to remember a gunner's quadrant being called a sensitive item. I don't think it's actually a sensitive item but people like called it as such because they are stupid.

I have never seen it used nor have met anyone who even knows how to use it, and only glanced at it in passing because being army junk I assume it doesn't work as it should.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
people often confused & conflated sensitive items with property book items

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Hey guys it's only been like 17 months since it went missing but the pair of red-tagged, broken, basic NVGs that went missing might finally have their investigation closed out.

lmao the company that lost them had to police call the golf course like five times.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

TBeats posted:

You're not allowed in my house when six of your M4s and two pair of NODs and something that joe didn't know was SI goes missing.

What's the most obscure and stupid thing a regular line unit has that is a sensitive item?

It feels real good that I can't remember poo poo like that because hahahaha two years clean of the Army stink bitchezzzzzz

All we have is regular line weapons, sights, those fancy new nods with the thermal overlay, radios and a SKL. I personally have 0 fucks left to give and can't wait to hit the bars.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Kaliber posted:

On my way to VA. Tough boxes full of weapons, no armed guard because the unit thinks it's unsafe and too much of a hassle.We have memo's so everything will be fine!!

thats loving retarded. once i was an armed guard for a semi that was loaded with 3 hmmwvs when my unit went to cax. granted i spent most of the time sleeping off a hangover since the driver was a chill old civilian but it was the thought that counts

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Geirskogul posted:

We got let out at noon today. Uhh..

I'll never not love this goddamn joke plot in Arrested Development. That and the lamb and Buster photo booth.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

We had some Vietnam era early warning systems where you buried random probes in the dirt and it picked up vibrations from the breeze and blinked a tired old amber light next to a faded metal plate engraved "tank battalion" or whatever. That was somehow sensitive and had to be locked up in the arms room and inventoried every month.

I also remember battalion going nuts and making us go back out to try to find a spent AT4 tube that got discarded after firing. That felt pretty silly to go back to where you got ambushed in order to find a piece of plastic.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

One of my old units had 99 bayonets in the arms room. No clue why. But MTOE said we needed them. What a support unit would do with them is beyond me...

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
well the M9 has more utility as a regular knife at least. M7s though would be pretty useless imo though

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
We had remote mine detonators... in case of soviet armored columns and poo poo

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
the only thing bayonets are good for is cutting yourself trying to show off using a bayonet

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

a well trained infantryman can disable a tank with a bayonet

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Vasudus posted:

the only thing bayonets are good for is cutting yourself trying to show off using a bayonet

Or slicing your hand open during a change of command ceremony

zharmad
Feb 9, 2010

not caring here posted:

I seem to remember a gunner's quadrant being called a sensitive item. I don't think it's actually a sensitive item but people like called it as such because they are stupid.

I have never seen it used nor have met anyone who even knows how to use it, and only glanced at it in passing because being army junk I assume it doesn't work as it should.

Not sensitive, but individually serial numbered and high value. It was always great digging through a box of like 75 of them looking for one that was missed on the inventory.

I think they had something like a $2500 price tag for each of them.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Mustang posted:

A lot of those guys ended up in my unit after they disbanded the one here on Lewis.

In less than 2 months the Army will have transitioned to the 36 soldier scout platoons.... by disbanding the third platoon and moving those soldiers into the other 2 platoons.

While IN battalions will still have a scout platoon soon they will be all 19Ds, we're already losing guys to fill out the BN scout platoons while transitioning to the 6x36 scout platoons ourselves.

Are they reclassing 11Bs to scouts?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Syrian Lannister posted:

Or slicing your hand open during a change of command ceremony

Or the back of the knee of the guy in front of you

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

cravius posted:

Are they reclassing 11Bs to scouts?

If they want to stay in scout platoons they are. Otherwise they're heading back to regular IN platoons while 19Ds gradually fill out the BN scout platoons.

Too my knowledge nobody is being forced to reclass though, other than 19Ks that is.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
being in battalion scouts was the only time i enjoyed being in the army.

being out of the army is way better than that though.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
So I've been visiting different reserve units looking for Air Support for my exercise next year. I feel like I'm a liquor store and trying to hand out shots of patron and everyone is dry. Like seriously, please give me some people so I can put them in a chinook and fly then around on my dime and they can do some work for me.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mustang posted:

If they want to stay in scout platoons they are. Otherwise they're heading back to regular IN platoons while 19Ds gradually fill out the BN scout platoons.
Ahahahaha they are gonna be so mad.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Naked Bear posted:

Ahahahaha they are gonna be so mad.

I want to see the moment they have to trade in their blue cords for Stetsons.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
The IN and other non 19Ds in my squadron wear their stetsons way more than most of the cav guys do.

Probably the best thing about the stetson though is not having to wear the beret. gently caress berets, unless its green.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Why would you be wearing a beret on a daily basis unless you're in some kind of airborne or special operations unit.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Vasudus posted:

We used them to break up those huge blocks of ice in Iraq.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

psydude posted:

Why would you be wearing a beret on a daily basis unless you're in some kind of airborne or special operations unit.

When we had an infantry battalion assigned to our brigade (gently caress knows what reason), they went full retard trying to be special snowflakes among the rest of us armor mongs. Berets were talked about but the brigade commander said gently caress no.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
i use my blue chord to choke myself while i jack off to a picture of audie murphy

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I'm super glad that after a few brigades decided that berets were just a recipe for sunburns and dumb snowflake pictures, the CG basically banned them from ceremonies.

Also, RIP former CG. He was a good guy with young kids :smith:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

as an ex infantry scout I can confirm that recon platoons are about to be molten salt reactors with that news

even though I have been out for three years and nearly done with an engineering degree I can still sense a disturbance in the gay

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'm pretty proud of my blue cord.

It's everything that happened after I got it that I am ashamed of.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

spacetoaster posted:

We used them to break up those huge blocks of ice in Iraq.

When were you there, 1890?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Zeris posted:

When were you there, 1890?

2003. There was no electricity in Baghdad which meant no a/c, no fridge, nothing cool at all. There were some Ice factories in the city that got big generators to allow them to make mountains of giant rectangular ice blocks that they delivered all over the city.

At the time there was a strictly enforced curfew at sundown (like, we kill you if you're out driving around), but we made a deal with the ice company. They get to run their ice deliveries at night, and in return, my units got a giant blocks of ice whenever they wanted it.

You broke up the big block into little chunks that you could put in your cooler with your drinks.

You really could get anything back then for an ice cold fanta.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

2003. There was no electricity in Baghdad which meant no a/c, no fridge, nothing cool at all. There were some Ice factories in the city that got big generators to allow them to make mountains of giant rectangular ice blocks that they delivered all over the city.

At the time there was a strictly enforced curfew at sundown (like, we kill you if you're out driving around), but we made a deal with the ice company. They get to run their ice deliveries at night, and in return, my units got a giant blocks of ice whenever they wanted it.

You broke up the big block into little chunks that you could put in your cooler with your drinks.

I remember these days. Except we had some rear end in a top hat who went home crying, so we used his lovely BudK special Sykes Fairbairn Commando Dagger. That human being spent like 250 on a set of BLACKHAWK! ALICE style web gear, and then decided to go to war with the cheapest knife he could find.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

spacetoaster posted:

I bet you are really fun at parties

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Zeris posted:

??

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The only reason anyone anywhere has bayonets on the property books are for division changes of command

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Zeris posted:

Thanks. I bet you are too. :sandance:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

Thanks. I bet you are too. :sandance:

I'd play gay chicken with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Thanks to the Army, I can no longer lose at gay chicken.

• Locked thread