Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I like that so far, they've settled for a color in between pink and white where I can't tell what it's supposed to be.

Some people like white Killer Queen better and I think those people are crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Milagro Man was a fun, surprisingly brisk breather after the whole Damo to-do.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
david pro can't win vs people who analyse every shot frame by frame

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The Killer Queen shot people are mad about is literally five seconds maybe not even, and then it's instantly a dope closeup of a better looking KQ so they totally know how to draw KQ, it's fine really. Like this shot annoyed more honestly lol

It's 10+ second long lingering shot, Josuke even talks with this face

also the way Harvest will appear sometimes and just float there, being all CG bugs me at times, but that's not gonna be a problem anymore.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
yeah harvest really bothered me this episode, harvest should have been on the bag at all times, it made no sense for them to just appear and grab it.

no more cg harvest after next week, finally

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 20, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

This from Harvest Part 2 is actually really funny to me. I totally get it, having to draw a bunch of Harvests in different places and poses based on where they're standing is difficult, but I paused here once and I could not stop laughing

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I don't even notice these things until people point them out, really

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kurtofan posted:

This. The whole leadup to the KQ reveal was hype as gently caress because of the audio and voicework alone, a few seconds of Derpface Queen ain't going to ruin it.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
The anime has always been great because the close ups and the sheer style compensated for the lack of complex animation, but sometimes even the drawings look derpy on key moments like with The World.

I've been noticing this more in DiU, but maybe it's because i'm alert to their existence now and i do it unconsciously. I hadn't noticed Killer Deadly Queen until people pointed it out, but starving Josuke stood out.

Doesn't ruin it for me at all, but it's something i wish they touch up in the Blu Rays.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 20, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think they might be either saving some detail for next week's episode or a good bit of sheer heart attack, so it's not too surprising. touching up the KQ shot might have been a good idea, though, cuz it's gonna be one of those things people immediately notice and get weird about within like 10 minutes of watching the episode.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
really afraid sheer heart attack will be cg for some reason, flashbacks to the cg chariot race back in season 1.

edit: I think they should have stopped the episode at the silhouette.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Raserys posted:

I don't even notice these things until people point them out, really

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Kurtofan posted:

really afraid sheer heart attack will be cg for some reason

This, i was not a fan of CGI Harvest.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
On paper, CGI Sheer Heart Attack wouldn't bother me that much. It's mechanical and wouldn't look as weird just sitting there unmoving as Harvest would. Harvest was the first Stand to be done in CG, and there some parts where it looks totally fine and p. good and then some where it sticks it out, but I guess that's the nature of CG

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'm afraid sheer heart attack will be too good and make everything else in life feel poo poo

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

Also, non-manga peasants, you're free to guess what Killer Queen's ability is.

RareAcumen posted:

He punches you so hard you explode!

Close enough.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CrashScreen posted:

Close enough.

Wink wink, nudge nudge, click click. *chew*

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
right then and there i start doing the murders alongside the main character, riddick. i do every murder and i do every murder hard. making wooshing sounds when i explode some ladies with nice hands or even when i mess up and have to reset time. not many can say they escaped morioh cho's most dangerous stand users by stealing another man's face. i can. i say it outloud everyday to people in my office job and all they do is prove people in offices can still be immature jerks. and i've learned all the lyrcs to queen songs and ive learned how to make my life more quiet by shouting them all. 20 minutes including stretches and warm milk every evening

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
we have a situation in the anime thread

I knew that "guess the power" question was trouble

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think it would have been fine if that person hadn't had a weird tantrum

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i really want to post KIRA KILLS JOSUKES MOM in the anime thread but I only have two balls not four

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I posted that version of the riddick meme in this thread cause i literally spoiler all of DiU in it, so lol that it got posted in the anime thread. i'd report it, but idk it's not really breaking A Rule and it's sorta my fault anyway so whoopsie

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 20, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

people probably shouldn't just be quoting poo poo from this thread in the anime thread, so it's not really your fault

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

whew

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I will erase you

I've already turned the edit button into a bomb...

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It's not against the rules to quote things from this thread in the other thread but I wouldn't call it a smart move.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

This is why I sometimes just let the anime thread alone for a while! Excitement about an episode is a spoiler for some and I'd rather not mix up my threads :S :S :S

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

ban all manga readers

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ban everyone except me from talking about new episodes

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ban me

wait poo poo don't

EDIT: I'm not sure why it's so difficult for people to resist the urge to blurt out spoilers, even the annoying nudge-nudge-wink-wink kind. I'm totally guilty of this too. The smallest prod about anything at all and you're suddenly like "SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE"

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 21, 2016

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what's that principle that states that observation has an impact on observed subjects? the anime thread is like that except the scientists are flinging poo poo with the monkeys

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

KIRA GETS STABBED WITH THE ARROW AND GETS TIME LOOP POWERS AND KILLS ALL THE PROTAGONISTS

E: wait this isn't the anime thread

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's the manga, read!
Just turn the page and see
The work by Mr. Araki
Guaranteed a real good time

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

alcharagia posted:

Flaccid Pancake, the one who rules the darkness.

Soggy Cracker

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm almost disappointed i didn't get another pic of johnny on my rap sheet when i was probated

also hopefully there weren't many that got actually spoiled from the weird poo poo that went down

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The anime thread is poo poo and for idiots who don't want to maximise their JoJo intake

Terrible people

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Johnny Joestar posted:

also hopefully there weren't many that got actually spoiled from the weird poo poo that went down
Plutonis up there already spoiled half of DiU on the second page, so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Plutonis did the right thing