Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Wuxi posted:

I thought he was just being hold back by getting swapped on? :(
Where's the love for the croc?

There aren't many top lanes being played competitively right now that he has a great matchup into and he doesn't provide utility or scaling that would make it worth it to pick him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Is Syndra broken or is Jensen just really good on it? He is rarely in any kind of trouble, wave clears, seems to be fine on mana even without a blue buff. It all looks so effortless.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Jayisspecial posted:

Is Syndra broken or is Jensen just really good on it? He is rarely in any kind of trouble, wave clears, seems to be fine on mana even without a blue buff. It all looks so effortless.

A little bit of both. It also helps if your opponent picks Leblanc into you...

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Both

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Syndras pretty decent by virtue of attrition nerfs to other champs without changes to her. She always looks super casual/easy because she doesnt have to stop moving for any of her buttons.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Radical posted:

hes been enabled for a while and isnt very good

I am so, so incredibly disappointed.

RealityWarCriminal fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 20, 2016

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
IMT Huni picked Kennen, #lcsrekt

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Kennan is kind of stupid but IMTs comp is fine. Except for the part where wild fwiggin turtle is on ashe.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Adrian with Dark Taric instead of lifeguard taric, this games already over.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
What's wrong with the kennen pick

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

henkman posted:

I like IMTs comp but I don't have a ton of faith in Huni to not randomly dive into C9 way ahead of the rest of IMT.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

henkman posted:

it cant actually bully nard

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
sniff... Impact is back

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

World Champion Top Laner Impact... is good?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

That one caster sounds like Doublelift and for some reason it really gets to me

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Huni is so tilted holy poo poo

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Huni has gone full Keane. You never go full Keane.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
'first turret blood' sounds really, really dumb, but okay

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Huni is so tilted holy poo poo

Honestly I kinda want it to be TSM, CLG, and C9 that go to worlds. Huni loves his dumb picks that only work against terrible teams.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Out of question. Have we ever seen a p/b strategy aimed at the adc's of ANY team?

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
lol these ultimates... I think that Turtle hit one arrow the entire game and Jensen only had to activate Zilean ult once...

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Just end the drat game already so IMT can fire Jesiz and get a coach who doesn't draft pure loving garbage

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Hasn't target banning Unforgiven and Doublelift been pretty big, especially with Lucian at his zenith? Imp's Twitch was also terrifying.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Jayisspecial posted:

Hasn't target banning Unforgiven and Doublelift been pretty big, especially with Lucian at his zenith? Imp's Twitch was also terrifying.

Most of the time when an ADC gets banned it's because they're universally good, but like very rarely does a team ban more than one ADC

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Calax posted:

Out of question. Have we ever seen a p/b strategy aimed at the adc's of ANY team?

yeah forgiven used to get 3 adc bans vs him, which was p brutal

stump collector
May 28, 2007
too aggressive to stay with such low mana on meteos, he didn't even get to ult and dying that close to baron could've been super poo poo

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Wow that kennen ult did no loving damage to sneaky

stump collector
May 28, 2007
god drat man sneaky needs to position better, hes been poo poo in the last 5 minutes or the game is over

e: i think the kennen ult legit bugged out

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
C9 can't teamfight or macro worth a poo poo, IMT just needs to not draft liabilities.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
very strange teamfight since WT wasn't there. they won the last few skirmishes because WT can't be touched

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
keenan: aw here it goes

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please win C9, Please.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Asema posted:

Please win C9, Please.

Well if IMT has another dumb draft; you can just turn the game off and go do something else and come back to a C9 win.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
IMT wins that game pretty handily if Huni doesn't tilt for the first 30 minutes of the game. they had a good team comp for fighting around objectives. They just never got to do that until their base was already falling.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
If IMT played to their strengths and had C9's comp in that game it would probably been over in 20. They have to drop the ball pretty hard to lose this series. Go C9. Catapult yourself once again off the startling incompetence of a better team. This is the cycle and it cannot end.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
So based on the standings from earlier it's pretty much TSM/CLG/NV/TL/C9/IMT that can qualify for the worlds spots, right?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Am I playing Dynasty Warriors? Cause that music is pure dynasty warriors.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

How long does a best of need to be before everyone stops passive aggressively talking about the better team losing... best of 11? maybe 15?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
honestly I just want C9 to win because I trust IMT more to stomp CLG than C9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

And Sivir gets banned.

• Locked thread