Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Congratulations c9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
actually, huni is bad

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009
lol

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I usually don't think tilt is that much of a thing but Huni was so loving tilted, and everyone called it the moment he picked Riven

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
well, if c9 loses in finals immortals will have a chance for the runback

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Huni: guys let me split
Huni: poo poo

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
We're going to get c9 vs tsm again arent we

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Darn the better team lost just because their star top lane is a tiltlord and they still dont know how to draft. Cruel fate!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Cloud 9's macro is so goddamn bad, they basically just out-Immortals Immortals

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

Probably

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
pobleter didn't play all that hot after the first few ganks either in that game

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao yesssss

please win tomorrow TSM and then please stomp CLG into the ground Immortals thanks

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Schnorkles posted:

the more things change

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
So probably going to be TSM/CLG on auto-qualify and points and hopefully C9 can go through gauntlet. Especially since IMT shows that they love dumb picks in the top lane.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

henkman posted:

im watching UFC now, good luck goons

Same, 'm not going to post about the ufc card though except maybe to gloat /get insanely mad after the main.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Good luck

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I forgot I had both streams up and was wondering why Jay Glazer sounded like meteos

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
C9 really did improve there from game to game and by game 5 they were looking like the far superior team. Impact styling on Huni. Jensen never really pressured. Bot lane crushing. Some actual attention payed to dragon control. Good for them.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

always a good day when immortals don't win

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Huni tilted so much that that he actually landed on his feet in game 4, but was horizontal again for game 5 :(

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Wildturtle saying its pretty sad they lost with the biggest grin on his face.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

A World Champion top layer vs EU champion top laner.

Impact first blooded huni solo in... 2 games?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nook posted:

always a good day when immortals don't win

pretty much allows CLG to go to worlds though

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Wasn't it DIG vs REN last split with the deaths to herald and bot tower? Look where both of those teams are now! May the same fate fall upon Immortals.

Though seriously this series doesn't give me much faith in either team to do very well at worlds. IMT with their refusal to play meta toplaners, and C9 with their inability to close out the game.

Edit: Yeah Week 7 REN vs DIG. BillyBoss and Kiwikid dying to bot turret followed by Hakuho and Crumbz losing to Rift Herald.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Maguoob posted:

Wasn't it DIG vs REN last split with the deaths to herald and bot tower? Look where both of those teams are now! May the same fate fall upon Immortals.

Though seriously this series doesn't give me much faith in either team to do very well at worlds. IMT with their refusal to play meta toplaners, and C9 with their inability to close out the game.

Edit: Yeah Week 7 REN vs DIG. BillyBoss and Kiwikid dying to bot turret followed by Hakuho and Crumbz losing to Rift Herald.

C9's biggest strength has always been to learn from their games and fix their flaws. They even got a legitimate coach this season. I don't think, given time, they will face the same problems.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

GreyPowerVan posted:

A World Champion top layer vs EU champion top laner.

Impact first blooded huni solo in... 2 games?

Huni the same guy who got first blooded by Balls on Malphite as Quinn....Malphite had 0 items, and just hit 6 still shouldn't happen.

What I am saying is Huni's 1v1 laning is mediocre he can carry hard though if u get him fed which is upto Reignover and not his own laning prowness. Even in EU guys like Cabo/Odo would do really good vs him but they would get camped by Reignover + Yellowstar. Back then even Yellowstar would roam top along with RO. Most of fnatic games went something like this. RO lvl 3 ganks top, ganks top again until the toplaner is forced to tp back to the lane or he misses a wave, if botlane recalled, Yellowstar would roam directly top and set up a gank with RO. After Huni got 1 or 2 kills then Huni would just start tping bot all day. This was really good in spring 2015 when Steeelback was a weak laner but by doing this he could get through the lane even or ahead of enemy adc.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Whoever made that baron call for IMT where they got executed was a dumbass. I can see that they were trying to have someone TP in to tank it but TP takes longer now and they just didn't have the health to start it.

I'm happy C9 won but I'd like to see C9, IMT, TSM go to worlds, and I'm not sure that's likely with CLG on the table. I just don't really like CLG much, I guess.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Asema posted:

:)

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mistaya posted:

Whoever made that baron call for IMT where they got executed was a dumbass. I can see that they were trying to have someone TP in to tank it but TP takes longer now and they just didn't have the health to start it.

I'm happy C9 won but I'd like to see C9, IMT, TSM go to worlds, and I'm not sure that's likely with CLG on the table. I just don't really like CLG much, I guess.

C9 needs to beat TSM so TSM goes on points and then IMT wins the gauntlet that's literally the only way to keep CLG out of worlds

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
We need C9, TSM, and CLG to come back to worlds in front of the home crowd and avenge their shameful group stage performances fail to qualify for quarters in even dumber fashion

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Asema posted:

C9 needs to beat TSM so TSM goes on points and then IMT wins the gauntlet that's literally the only way to keep CLG out of worlds

CLG is going to worlds then because even as a C9 fan I don't see C9 beating TSM.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Maguoob posted:

Speaking of deaths to upper river objectives, Kirei, ex-Dignitas who died to Baron once will be playing for Dark Passage at IWCQ. So look forward to that! :D

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taciturn Tactician posted:

CLG is going to worlds then because even as a C9 fan I don't see C9 beating TSM.

Asema posted:

:shobon:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Yeah. I'd like to see it be IMT/TSM/C9 but TSM is going to win the split, CLG will go on points, and a gauntlet C9 vs IMT rematch that will probably be a 50/50 matchup again will determine the last spot.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

C9'll give TSM a pretty rough go of it, but I don't think they'll win it without some epic levels of cheese.

And I realize this is pure reddit, but earlier today somebody posted this little gem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/4yo0xo/c9_vs_imt_waking_the_beast/

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Calax posted:

C9'll give TSM a pretty rough go of it, but I don't think they'll win it without some epic levels of cheese.

And I realize this is pure reddit, but earlier today somebody posted this little gem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/4yo0xo/c9_vs_imt_waking_the_beast/

I dont think the C9 team whose mostly mediocre to nonexistent macro play in this series is going to be able to best a TSM team that has far superior macro & regular skill in general. CLG showed a much better understanding of the patch in their series vs Liquid as well. I think TSM might 3-0 this semi finals C9 team, and I think CLG would probably beat them 3-1. I mean they almost lost to IMT's idiotic pick ban.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

TSM should stomp CLG tomorow. I actually like CLG but they are a teamfighting/macro oriented team. Since the lane swap changes I doubt they have any advantage over TSM in standard lanes. Snowballing through laning is much more easier which is what TSM's team is built to do. CLG will have to basically hold on till mid game and try to win teamfights with guys like Huhi/Xmithie/Stixxay/Aphro carrying a teamfight somehow. Darshan has been invisible this season and Hauntzer will destroy him unless he has improved significantly but even lourlo did better than him in their series.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Dragongem posted:

pobleter didn't play all that hot after the first few ganks either in that game

3-0-0 to 3-7-0 im inclined to agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I don't think c9 can rely on their mid and top being better than the opponents vs tsm. While I think impact is better than honker, I doubt he can make hauntzer tilt off like huni did.

• Locked thread