Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Was Bleach good?
This poll is closed.
yah 57 21.03%
nah 214 78.97%
Total: 271 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hosed up that hxh trails behind confirmed bad series bleach and naruto by so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Manatee Cannon posted:

hosed up that hxh trails behind confirmed bad series bleach and naruto by so much

Popularity =/ quality

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Manatee Cannon posted:

Turns out people forget about your series when you stop publishing it.

Covok posted:

I was thinking the same thing, recently. That really is a much better place to end the series and makes it better overall as a result. If only it didn't have so much filler.

But really though, the arc had its own problems, but Ichigo gets his powers back by a unanimous ghost vote in a repeat of the igniting action that was considered a capital crime when Rukia did it before, and there's a whole speech about how Ichigo has forever changed Soul Society for the better even if that's a massive case of telling and not showing.

Ending it at Deicide is the other obvious choice, but those are both better than the actual ending.

christmas boots fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 21, 2016

slev
Apr 6, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Now that Bleach's end has come and gone, we should check just how big Bleach truly is.

With its final breath, Bleach came nowhere near close to comparing to a filler episode of Naruto airing on tv two years after the manga had already ended.

What if I'm just searching for what type of bleach to use how do they tell the difference

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'd read a story about Naruto being a doctor.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
those are based on your search history. i am kind of curious just what would result in the deadpool one.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Well Naruto is certainly tied to fanfiction as far as Google cares.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you do that for any work of fiction that teenage idiots enjoy you will get similar results. i got a weird outlier of "naruto isobu", though. apparently that is one of the tailed beasts?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Day 3 of the post-Bleach era: the salt is still burning

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

My bleach result is pretty accurate.

Covok
May 27, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

Day 3 of the post-Bleach era: the salt is still burning

Kubo's thought: Haha, you bought it!

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I'm really curious to see the sales of the final Bleach volume. Will sales go up a bit because it is the last one? Will Kubo have pissed off enough people that it actually sells less?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
best moment in the series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RunveL_59Y

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

slev posted:

I'm really curious to see the sales of the final Bleach volume. Will sales go up a bit because it is the last one? Will Kubo have pissed off enough people that it actually sells less?

the hysterical ones are probably just outliers.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

It is.

And it was really pitiable that Kubo brought him back in hopes that people would be happy and change their mind on how lame the Quincy arc had become, but everyone saw throught this desperate move, so he dropped it with no futher acknowledgement of it ever happening.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think charlotte was ever that popular outside of adtrw. kubo brought all those arrancars back because his sole solution for writer's block is to throw more characters in.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so legit question, how did Bleach end? I fell off of it not too long after Aizen turned evil (the fight against him just kept dragging and dragging and loving dragging and nothing loving happened ever) but I'm kind of curious how the trainwreck finally rolled to a stop

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

aizen got a chair but someone broke it so he got a new one

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

so legit question, how did Bleach end? I fell off of it not too long after Aizen turned evil (the fight against him just kept dragging and dragging and loving dragging and nothing loving happened ever) but I'm kind of curious how the trainwreck finally rolled to a stop

ichigo fought some dude who was absolutely, literally omnipotent but couldn't do anything until hitting him with a sword started working for no particular reason. then 10 years later some ships happened and some characters disappeared without being mentioned at all.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Serious Frolicking posted:

i don't think charlotte was ever that popular outside of adtrw. kubo brought all those arrancars back because his sole solution for writer's block is to throw more characters in.

he must have been popular to folks because he did show up when he really had no right to at all when they had like 30 different dead/defeated arrancars to pick from after the Aizen arc ended

close second if we're going for serious was the reveal the healer chick was as murderous if not moreso than zaraki as the first kenpachi

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 21, 2016

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Servaetes posted:

close second if we're going for serious was the reveal the healer chick was as murderous if not moreso than zaraki as the first kenpachi

As asspully as Kubo is, come on, this was hinted a lot throughout the series, as early as telling Kenpachi to shut the gently caress up in the nursery and the guy was terrified.

Even the anime fillers showed shades of this, so Kubo probably let the studio on this information.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's true, Bleach is very basic.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I remember one of the first databooks had ratings for all the captains for things like fighting skill, kido use, etc and everyone was shocked and thought it was a gag that the highest in either physical strength or swordplay, I forget which, was Unohana.

Some stuff in Bleach is properly foreshadowed. Some stuff.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea it's not so much that things weren't foreshadowed, they were just followed up on in ways that were mostly bad

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Ichigo's sword kept breaking so much that his new sword gave up and just became his old sword.

His old sword then cuts the final boss in half.

Skip to the future.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

snakeway, chairs, asspulls, then ships.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

lezard_valeth posted:

As asspully as Kubo is, come on, this was hinted a lot throughout the series, as early as telling Kenpachi to shut the gently caress up in the nursery and the guy was terrified.

Even the anime fillers showed shades of this, so Kubo probably let the studio on this information.

I dunno I don't remember that but I'm sure that one dude that posts entire pages can enlighten me on it but I must have blanked out on the earlier parts of Bleach because it was pretty rough. I was surprised by her dropping the super cheery nice lady act and being just as brutal as he is

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015
I know I keep harping on Mayuri, but in a world where Hell exists and can sneak attack you, how come Mayuri is still around? I guess the one true way to kill him for good is to bonk him on the head with a zanpakuto?

BlitzBlast posted:

The badge was restraining Ichigo's power because as it turned out, Soul Society didn't immediately trust some random super powered teenager who just finished invading them.

It actually made perfect sense and was one of the reasons the Fullbringer arc seemed to be starting off well. But then Soul Society shows up, goes "nah it's cool we totally trust you now" and that's the end of that.

Classic Soul Society move.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Now that Bleach's end has come and gone, we should check just how big Bleach truly is.

With its final breath, Bleach came nowhere near close to comparing to a filler episode of Naruto airing on tv two years after the manga had already ended.

*looks at a German fanfiction site*

• Bleach: 1,975
  • Hunter x Hunter: 109
  • Naruto: 27,791
  • One Piece: 10,443

*looks at another one*

• Bleach: 819
  • Hunter x Hunter: 79
  • Naruto: 17,369
  • One Piece: 5,721

That's actually not too bad considering Bleach never aired on TV here, though that might be for the best seeing how Naruto and parts of One Piece have been censored and edited with all the subtlety of a jackhammer.

Doresh fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Aug 21, 2016

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Yo ho ho he took a bite of gum-gum

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Archenteron posted:

Yo ho ho he took a bite of gum-gum

Did 4kids ever edit their stuff so badly you couldn't tell what's going on?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

My results for "naruto is a do" is "naruto is a dooshbag". Guess that's duckduckgo for you.

The Bog Judge
Dec 7, 2003
Quotes are gay

Akumos posted:

Let's all take a moment to laugh at this for actually happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WOSq2WPM0c

Pretty sure the music from the first half of that is from Melody of Oblivion.

Edit: Err maybe not, just sounded similar in my memory. But there was some good flamenco music in that.

The Bog Judge fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Aug 21, 2016

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015
Translated for your reading pleasure:

German Google (Germoogle?) posted:

Bleach is over
Bleach is Grimmjow dead
Bleach is Ichigo a Hollow
Bleach is Yammy the strongest Espada

Naruto is dead
Naruto is Haku a boy
Naruto is pregnant from Sasuke
Naruto is over

One Piece is bad
One Piece is a Devil Fruit
One Piece is the end of the Thriller Bark
One Piece is Nami in love with Luffy

A few of those are a bit... odd.

Doresh fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Aug 21, 2016

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I mentioned to a friend that a shinigami cup slice-of-life-with-lunatics spinoff would have been pretty good, and he sent me a link to this fanfic which so far is basically that. Hitsugaya has a very bad day after the 11th division accidentally burns down their barracks and decides to squat in his headquarters.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dumb as the actual fight part of the Thor fight was, I kind of enjoyed the dynamic Byakuya and Hitsugaya had going. They actually ended up fairly funny together despite generally being the straight men for everyone else earlier on.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Doresh posted:

Translated for your reading pleasure:

A few of those are a bit... odd.

One Piece is pregnant or why isn't it

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tunicate posted:

I mentioned to a friend that a shinigami cup slice-of-life-with-lunatics spinoff would have been pretty good, and he sent me a link to this fanfic which so far is basically that. Hitsugaya has a very bad day after the 11th division accidentally burns down their barracks and decides to squat in his headquarters.

I'm not going to read a fanfic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

chumbler posted:

Dumb as the actual fight part of the Thor fight was, I kind of enjoyed the dynamic Byakuya and Hitsugaya had going. They actually ended up fairly funny together despite generally being the straight men for everyone else earlier on.
Bleach is generally at its best, I think, when it isn't writing ultra seriously and is willing to have a bit of a laugh.

I honestly like Byakuya though.

• Locked thread