Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Shear Modulus posted:

genjis deflect shouldnt make him immune to reinhardts hammer imo
The Ninja shouldn't be able to parry?

I mean I get that it's a big heavy hammer, but there's probably pretty obvious techniques for taking the strength of it on an angle and shunting it aside when you've got some magic/techy dragon blade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Why do people post poo poo play of the games? It isn't impressive.

https://gfycat.com/VacantSpottedIceblueredtopzebra

https://gfycat.com/BeneficialYellowBilby

Edit post in progress pardon our dust. Well I did get it to display but it was breaking the table so uh yeah click to watch me make baskets.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 21, 2016

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

All I want is the American flag icon =/

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Ninja reflect should be something you have to think about using instead of just spamming it off cooldown so it shouldnt reflect explosives which explode on impact and it shouldnt reflect the hammer if it doesnt reflect melee attacks

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

It reflects the hammer? I thought it just blocked it

Snostorm
Sep 9, 2013
So when exactly is the summer event ending? The Blizzard site says the 22nd, so does that mean at 8/23 00:01 UTC it'll be over? I need to know how long I can hold out before I end up buying loot boxes due to poo poo RNG. :argh:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Nerf Genji into oblivion.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Snostorm posted:

So when exactly is the summer event ending? The Blizzard site says the 22nd, so does that mean at 8/23 00:01 UTC it'll be over? I need to know how long I can hold out before I end up buying loot boxes due to poo poo RNG. :argh:
Replacing poo poo RNG with paying real money for more of the exact same poo poo RNG? Yeah I bet that'll work out for you.

(I still don't have a single summer skin)

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Nerf Genji into oblivion.
That's kind of extreme don't you think?

Just murder everyone who mains Genji.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Metos posted:

(I still don't have a single summer skin)

I got the Olympic Zarya one which is the only one that mattered, everything rlse I got was just meh whatever or junk. Wouldn't have minded trying to get the Lucio one but oh well

(I did shamelessly buy a few boxes since I've been too busy with work for $$ than having any time to play lately :()

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I just want american mccree but I'd take the summer skin for zarya, d.va, or genji as well

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I got Genji's and Tracer's, two characters who I never ever play. And Mercy's, a character I would rather not play again. I did at least get Roadhog's diving spray, but I really want McCree's, Zarya's, and Lucio's skins.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Have they said what their plans are when the event ends? Are the Olympic ones just never going to be available (until next olympics in 4 years and game will be dead) or end up in general skin pool or what?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

e: misread because I'm dumb

but nah they said they were looking at this event and seeing how it pans out as a test for future events. they did say that the summer one was gonna be yearly tho I think

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
I would like if they became purchasable for a bit after the event, as I have enough coins but no Zarya skin. But if I have to wait till next year then I'll just buy fool junkrat or something.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I'm imagining they might not retread summer games 2016 rio themed items again next year.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I like the Winston victory pose

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The next event will most definitely be Halloween (dataminers found a Halloween voice line for Genji), and that's probably when we'll find out whether they'll be changing the policy on event skins and currency.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I hope they do winter games so I can get a beautiful ice-skating widowmaker (and not some chunky bitch ice-skating mei)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that sounds cool actually but the halloween skins better not be like those goddamn tf2 items that only work during the holiday events

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

resistentialism posted:

I'm imagining they might not retread summer games 2016 rio themed items again next year.

Better buy those loot boxes now before they're gone forever.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

p sure kaplan said in the last developer update video that those skins would be around again next year

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How do people get consistent 4 kills with the Dragonblade? I'm playing on the PS4 which is probably one part of it but cripes I can get 3 pretty frequently but the last person I need is nowhere to be found, surprise kills me, or my ult just runs out before I can strike them down. Hearing that Genji's on his way to gutter town I'd like to get it before that happens.

Just had a triple kill in the first few seconds, ran at a Tracer and my Bastion managed to kill her before I could reach her :suicide:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How do people get consistent 4 kills with the Dragonblade? I'm playing on the PS4 which is probably one part of it but cripes I can get 3 pretty frequently but the last person I need is nowhere to be found, surprise kills me, or my ult just runs out before I can strike them down. Hearing that Genji's on his way to gutter town I'd like to get it before that happens.

Just had a triple kill in the first few seconds, ran at a Tracer and my Bastion managed to kill her before I could reach her :suicide:

I can't speak to consoles, but generally they don't get "consistent" 4 kills, that being the key word. If they do it's because their whole team is coordinating to remove the things that can prevent it -- a competent McCree or Roadhog, or a Lucio or Zenyatta who's just, you know, awake.

Or because the other team doesn't have those things but that's not something within your control as Genji, that's just your opponents being dumb.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

graviton surge

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

graviton surge

also very true

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
All Genji mains should get polio so they can never double jump again.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I can't speak to consoles, but generally they don't get "consistent" 4 kills, that being the key word. If they do it's because their whole team is coordinating to remove the things that can prevent it -- a competent McCree or Roadhog, or a Lucio or Zenyatta who's just, you know, awake.

Or because the other team doesn't have those things but that's not something within your control as Genji, that's just your opponents being dumb.

Yeah, guess I'm just getting hung up knowing that it's getting nerfed and I'm having some crummy luck whenever I decide to try him out. Had 11 Dragonblade kills my last round and it was mostly just a bunch of triple kills and :argh:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I am hilariously inept with the dragonblade but it doesn't matter a ton because if you pop it people almost always scatter from the objective which is usually how I try to use it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah, guess I'm just getting hung up knowing that it's getting nerfed and I'm having some crummy luck whenever I decide to try him out. Had 11 Dragonblade kills my last round and it was mostly just a bunch of triple kills and :argh:

If you're getting triple kills or even just killing both their supports at the start of a fight you're still pretty much doing your job.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Oh, China :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZJeisfRrdY

Sorry if this is old news, I haven't read this entire thread (and I probably won't).

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

If you're getting triple kills or even just killing both their supports at the start of a fight you're still pretty much doing your job.

p sure he just wants the trophy for killing 4 people with a dragonblade ult

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Back to back Play of the Games as Symmetra? I think so!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aymuIkn8pMI

Went upstairs and killed Widowmaker after this one too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b79dJ1rjdsE

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Manatee Cannon posted:

p sure he just wants the trophy for killing 4 people with a dragonblade ult

Yeah, I think I'm doing okay with it. Just feels like there's a added pressure to overextend whenever I get 3 because... just one more and I can get that off my mind!!

Just wanna get it and chill more.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Ugh, still not even a single summer skin.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Went from 65 to 95 during the summer event, that and I spent 10 bucks to buy lootboxes. I now have every summer skin and almost all the sprays and icons. I dunno v:shobon:v

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I have the game on two platforms (pc/ps4) and have 2 summer skins, both for lucio, both on the ps4

I don't even play lucio

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I unlocked the same Lucio soccer outfit three times. This game is loving dumb.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I've got Lucio's green and gold summer skin three times so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
American McGee three times and I don't even play that hero because I can't hit anything.

Ironically I don't play Tracer either because despite being limited to automatic weapons. Tracer just fires too fast and so she crosses over to the other side of the speed spectrum and returns to the start where you need to be able to aim again because she runs out of ammo so fast that you need to have the target in sight for almost the whole "volley"

I don't play Reaper because he is a close range hero and I prefer mid range heroes. I like the skin though because I loved Grim Fandango and I appreciate Blizzard paying homage to it.

I have no idea what this is but if I ever played Lucio then this would certainly be the skin.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Aug 21, 2016