Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

UberJumper posted:

Two questions:

- How exactly do the favourite groups work? I thought i could assign hotkeys to one group then switch to the next one. But that doesn't seem to be the case as soon as i hotkey an item in one group, any thing assigned to that hotkey in other groups are immediately unassigned.

Equip and favorite the item(s) you'd like to group. Open your favs menu and highlight an item you want to group. Press your group key(F?), click on 1-8 at the bottom of the favs menu, confirm group(R?), repeat for any other items you wish to add to the group. Once you've added everything... Click on the group you've created and press your "save equip state" key.
Default to select groups is F1-4 but these can be changed in the skyui settings menu. You can have 8 groups, I think.
Seems like you're trying to group multiple items using the standard quick picks menu, no? It doesn't work like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I have a complete, legal, Steam copy of Enderal. But, after enderal's update, when SKSE launches it says "please update to the latest version of Skyrim." I've deleted and re-downloaded Skyrim, but it still says this :(

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Geirskogul posted:

I have a complete, legal, Steam copy of Enderal. But, after enderal's update, when SKSE launches it says "please update to the latest version of Skyrim." I've deleted and re-downloaded Skyrim, but it still says this :(

This is happening when you hit Launch Enderal in the Enderal launcher? I am not sure exactly where the error is happening. you could try this:

http://en.wiki.sureai.net/Enderal:LauncherDebugging

quote:

If the installation of an update fails (e.g. "Installing 11/10" or "12/10" etc.) or the launcher displays that everthing is installed but you can't start the game, go to this directory: C:\program files(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Skyrim\EnderalLauncher\system\config.sur. Edit the file (it's a textfile) with e.g. Notepad++ in this way: replace the "sCurrentVersion" with an older version (safest: "1.1.0.0").

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Geirskogul posted:

Is Skyrim and Enderal outside of Program Files? Windows like to subtly gently caress with poo poo in program files.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Being offered a choice of three rewards, two that are actually worth considering and unsure how much to value the learning points.

The choices are 4 Learning points or a amulet with 17% rhetoric for essentially 17% better prices at merchants for the rest of the game, or the comedy option of 500 gold (the amulet is worth 1500 to a vendor) I'm leaning towards the amulet.

And on a different note, Entropy might be the best spell school
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqWR6HfqiaY

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Do the collectible symbols do anything beyond give you exp?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Got a pretty nice set of mods working with enderal. Will post the load order in a little bit.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Does anyone know what items are required for the Wishing Wells quests? I got an emerald for the first one but nothing happened, so I'm guessing that's not what a "grass coloured stone" is.

Also with the Butcher of Ark books - are any of them locked behind quests or are they all just laying around the world somewhere?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Does anyone know what items are required for the Wishing Wells quests? I got an emerald for the first one but nothing happened, so I'm guessing that's not what a "grass coloured stone" is.

Also with the Butcher of Ark books - are any of them locked behind quests or are they all just laying around the world somewhere?

The first one needs an emerald AND a golden goblet, AND it needs to be a regular emerald, not flawless.

I don't know about the books. I'm up to 6/10 and so far they have all been just laying around on the world. There seems to be many copies of all of them.

Edit: Also the further you get in the game, the better the scenery seems to get. The Sun Coast was fine but kinda boring, some later areas are actually somewhat unique feeling to explore. I poked my head into the desert briefly (shortly before it got chopped off) and that place looks pretty amazing.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 21, 2016

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
Where do these wishing well quests start? I've been investigating every well I come across. None have spoken to me yet.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

The first one needs an emerald AND a golden goblet, AND it needs to be a regular emerald, not flawless.

I don't know about the books. I'm up to 6/10 and so far they have all been just laying around on the world. There seems to be many copies of all of them.

Edit: Also the further you get in the game, the better the scenery seems to get. The Sun Coast was fine but kinda boring, some later areas are actually somewhat unique feeling to explore. I poked my head into the desert briefly (shortly before it got chopped off) and that place looks pretty amazing.

A big thing with this mod is that there's a real issue of shifting quality between areas, and even dungeons in those areas. Quality Control is a difficult beast as it is, but when you've got a large crew making a giant mod it becomes almost impossible for everything to be at the same awesome level.

Some places are just ok, some are unfinished, and others would net you a job almost immediately if you admitted to making them.

Edit: By the by, where can I sell off staves? I'm carting around like 5 of them right now and there is no merchant in Ark I can find that buys them.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

Where do these wishing well quests start? I've been investigating every well I come across. None have spoken to me yet.

I found it near an abandoned farmhouse west of riverville and south of the stone circle.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

evilmiera posted:

A big thing with this mod is that there's a real issue of shifting quality between areas, and even dungeons in those areas. Quality Control is a difficult beast as it is, but when you've got a large crew making a giant mod it becomes almost impossible for everything to be at the same awesome level.

Some places are just ok, some are unfinished, and others would net you a job almost immediately if you admitted to making them.

Edit: By the by, where can I sell off staves? I'm carting around like 5 of them right now and there is no merchant in Ark I can find that buys them.

The Apothecarii guy in the Sun Temple buys em.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
So does the Witch in Riverville. The magic shop in the Sun Temple should also as well as the magic shop in the Noble Quarter (I think).

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

evilmiera posted:

The magic merchant in the noble quarter buys them.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I also had trouble with finding someone to offload my staves, the magic shop in the noble quarter will buy them.

Does enchanting and handicraft ever become viable? the game throws set pieces at you if you explore and their stats are far beyond what you could get on single enchant items and I don't think a couple points of higher armor would be worth using a none-set piece for.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I also had trouble with finding someone to offload my staves, the magic shop in the noble quarter will buy them.

Does enchanting and handicraft ever become viable? the game throws set pieces at you if you explore and their stats are far beyond what you could get on single enchant items and I don't think a couple points of higher armor would be worth using a none-set piece for.

Worth it for weapons alone so far. I have yet to find a weapon better than what I can make myself. Besides, what else are you gonna put those points into?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Worth it for weapons alone so far. I have yet to find a weapon better than what I can make myself. Besides, what else are you gonna put those points into?

Rhetoric and Alchemy?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So far the only way I've been able to become a shareholder in anything is by sabotaging a wine cellar and stealing shares from a corrupt landlord. I'll be pretty happy if it turns out the only way to trade in shares is to be a thieving bastard.

Edit: Speaking of the wine barrel thing, what are some quests you could easily overlook if you aren't careful in Ark?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Skwirl posted:

Rhetoric and Alchemy?

Yeah Rhetoric is pretty good too. But I don't think you need Handicraft higher than 50 to make anything, so I've kinda decided to just go 50 handicraft, 50 rhetoric, 50 enchanting to start off. If I still have crafting points after that I guess I'll toss em into alchemy but I always thought skyrim potion making was a pain in the rear end so probably not. Might just buff enchanting or rhetoric further.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yeah Rhetoric is pretty good too. But I don't think you need Handicraft higher than 50 to make anything, so I've kinda decided to just go 50 handicraft, 50 rhetoric, 50 enchanting to start off. If I still have crafting points after that I guess I'll toss em into alchemy but I always thought skyrim potion making was a pain in the rear end so probably not. Might just buff enchanting or rhetoric further.

In Skyrim, potion making was a bit of a pain starting out, but once you got going it was incredibly powerful and a stupidly good source of income. I don't know if either of those things hold true in Enderal.

By the way, has anyone encountered armor not letting your wear shoes? For some reason, my Shell of the Ash Warrior forces me to have bare feet, despite being a torso item.

Emy fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Aug 22, 2016

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yeah Rhetoric is pretty good too. But I don't think you need Handicraft higher than 50 to make anything
Keep in mind that, as a loading screen tip points out, having more handicraft than needed to make an item makes it better.

Say, do healing potions YOU make still increase arcane fever? If not, I should probably invest in some alchemy to do something with my enormous ingredient stock.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Even early on I could make potions with Provoke and they would be worth 200g.

The only annoying thing is finding all the ingredient effects without 3 trait points, and that wrongness feeling you get sampling some human flesh to learn it's effects.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Emy posted:

In Skyrim, potion making was a bit of a pain starting out, but once you got going it was incredibly powerful and a stupidly good source of income. I don't know if either of those things hold true in Enderal.

By the way, has anyone encountered armor not letting your wear shoes? For some reason, my Shell of the Ash Warrior forces me to have bare feet, despite being a torso item.

What shoes are you trying to wear? That armour uses the calves slot and my guess is the shoes you're trying to wear do too. Easy fix in the creation kit if you know how to use it.

Zereth posted:

Say, do healing potions YOU make still increase arcane fever? If not, I should probably invest in some alchemy to do something with my enormous ingredient stock.

Nope, health potions you make don't increase arcane fever at all.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 22, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Skyrim had some fullbody armor like thief and assassin guild outfits that took multiple slots, I'm guessing the armor works like that.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Well hell I better buy some alchemy skill books.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Does melee get good with skill level and perk investment? I don't see any reason not to use my bow even in melee anymore.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Well goddamn.

I dunno if anybody else likes Categorized Favorites Menu, but if so, I've been adding to a config for it as I find new stuff. The mod works fine since it's just an SWF override. Here's my config so far if you want a base to start with http://pastebin.com/yvrL5Lkp

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

What's the deal with these combined skill trees? Do I have to max out the trees I want to combine to get a special bonus or something?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

Got a pretty nice set of mods working with enderal. Will post the load order in a little bit.

Would be interested to hear what mods people been using, I've just done quick loot, quick light and quick mining, just minor things to speed up the time wasting parts or the light mod so I don't get munched holding a torch or have to fight via name tags in pitch black

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

evilmiera posted:

What's the deal with these combined skill trees? Do I have to max out the trees I want to combine to get a special bonus or something?

You put at least 10 points into two different trees and some combinations will trigger a special class name that gives you an extra buff. Honestly, the buffs aren't so amazing you should bother intentionally aiming for these combos, they're just a nice bonus you may or may not end up getting.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Does melee get good with skill level and perk investment? I don't see any reason not to use my bow even in melee anymore.

So far it feels like ordinary melee is for chumps. There's a ton of absurd things to do with bows, especially since it seems possible to trip over stupidly powerful Bound Bow tomes very early on. And on that note, likewise, bound weapons overwhelmingly seem better then just about any of the non-bound melee options I've found. Summons seem mostly ok, but there are a few great combat spells.

Anyone had problems with armor? It doesn't seem to actually do a whole lot.

Honestly, I'm starting to think sneak mage is the unofficial "correct" choice.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Infinity Gaia posted:

You put at least 10 points into two different trees and some combinations will trigger a special class name that gives you an extra buff. Honestly, the buffs aren't so amazing you should bother intentionally aiming for these combos, they're just a nice bonus you may or may not end up getting.

If you're a mage though the Elementalist/Solipist one is pretty drat good.

+50 mana, +10 elementalist, +10 entropy, shocknova absorbs mana and stamina

Also magic is ridiculously good anyways.

Just remember, you need at least 10 points in both trees and they must also be the two trees you have the most points in.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ProfessorCirno posted:

So far it feels like ordinary melee is for chumps. There's a ton of absurd things to do with bows, especially since it seems possible to trip over stupidly powerful Bound Bow tomes very early on. And on that note, likewise, bound weapons overwhelmingly seem better then just about any of the non-bound melee options I've found. Summons seem mostly ok, but there are a few great combat spells.

Even if that is the case, I've been coasting along just fine with my Heavy Armor/One Handed/Elementalism character. Just pelt things far away with fireballs and then swing swords at them when/if they get close. Working out fine for me. Helps that Heavy Armor has that insane not-shout that makes you nigh-immortal for 6 seconds, which is more than enough to murder anything in close range.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
This looks interesting, but would I be better off playing Nehrim first? I haven't touched oblivion in so many years and it seems like it might be unbearably janky at this point.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Wolpertinger posted:

This looks interesting, but would I be better off playing Nehrim first? I haven't touched oblivion in so many years and it seems like it might be unbearably janky at this point.

Addressed in the OP:

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I've never played Nehrim. Is this game going to make any sense?
You should be fine. Enderal takes place in the same world as Nehrim, but the intro cinematic will tell you the important bits of Nehrim's plot.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Would be interested to hear what mods people been using, I've just done quick loot, quick light and quick mining, just minor things to speed up the time wasting parts or the light mod so I don't get munched holding a torch or have to fight via name tags in pitch black

My working list minus graphics stuff in load order:

Grimy Utils/Plugin, More Hotkeys, Loadout, Sleep menu extender, iHud, moreHud, better jumping, quick light, glowing ore veins, better dialogue/messagebox, enderal enable wait, instant mining, quick loot, categorized favorites menu

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

ProfessorCirno posted:

I've been playing a axe/shield dude mixed with the the thaumaturge tree for the Keeper class. Life Well is the most busted poo poo in the game. It makes you come back to life with half your HP every time you die, and it has no cooldown after the effect triggers. So you're literally invincible as long as there's a window to use your powers. Also, spam shield slapping dudes till they run out of stamina and their weapons fly away is more satisfying than doinking away at dudes from range before they can react, for me anyways.

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

Has anyone else run into the issue where when you enter the underground cave on The Island of Kor your in game time gets set to 1:00AM and is frozen there forever? This bug messes up the game pretty bad as time will never move forward again and this messes with npcs, shops, etc.

Just a word of warning to anyone else I guess as the quest for that area can't be completed without going into that area.

edit: i was able to fix this on a current save by opening the console and running the command "set timescale to 20"

for whatever reason entering the underground cave area seems to set it to 0 which breaks a hilarious amount of poo poo i don't even :psyduck:

Frumply fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Aug 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Archer mage definitely seems to be a strong mix to play.
Decided to try and find somewhere challenging to go with bound bow so set the game to expert difficulty and took a trip to the dunes.

Cleared through a massive tomb filled with not-falmer where at the end beams of light focused on a coffin and awoke the boss the tomb was named after, he died in 2 arrows.

Afterwards I got attacked by a *loiness* and I collected it's "feline cat pelt"

For duel-classes, is there one for entropy and thievery? and do I need to do anything beyond having 10+ points invested in both?

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Aug 22, 2016

• Locked thread