Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

happyhippy posted:

For the future with unlimited energy and power, they feed them less food than prisoners.

ONE PURPLE POTATO PER PERSON NO EXCEPTIONS

I also like how Neelix was supposed to be the cook but 90% of the time in the later seasons someone walks up to him and says what they want, and he walks over to the replicator and replicates it for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arcsquad12 posted:

The Maquis were specifically created for Voyager and yet DS9 did way more with the concept than the Voyager crew ever did.

No they weren't, The Maquis have existed since about season 5 of TNG. Ro Laren ran off to join them.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No they weren't, The Maquis have existed since about season 5 of TNG. Ro Laren ran off to join them.

Nah, they were conceived for the show Voyager, and they were added into the other shows before Voyager started so that they were a known entity when it was time to debut the show.

Edit, from Memory Alpha:

"In order to avoid having some burdensome backstory and exposition in Voyager's pilot, we decided we could plant the idea of the Maquis in the shows that were already on the air," related Jeri Taylor. (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion, p. 134)

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Maquis#Background_information

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
if thats true then that is more thought than went into any further plot development for voyager

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

if thats true then that is more thought than went into any further plot development for voyager

Yep. Just like the Bajorans were introduced in TNG to ease viewers into DS9. DS9 actually cares about continuity though, unlike Voyager.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

:same:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

RVWinkle posted:

I wrote an unpublished essay after I watched Into Darkness and I justified the recent Trek movies as modern action films and I can appreciate them as such. The TV series stories were mostly ethical dramas, thrillers, horror, or comedies which I appreciate too but I can see why expectations are way off. They really didn't have the budget to make good action TV most of the time and there isn't enough of an audience to make a movie about Quark dressed as a woman.

into darkness was loving stupid, gently caress you

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

if you like that movie you're a dumbass, your dumb

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I also like how Neelix was supposed to be the cook but 90% of the time in the later seasons someone walks up to him and says what they want, and he walks over to the replicator and replicates it for them.

they say that hes good at cooking and therefore betetr at replciating or some poo poo like tht

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Holy poo poo.

How deep does that rabbit hole go?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

I lost this in a hard drive crash but I've still got some rough drafts on Dropbox if that hrlps

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Met posted:

Holy poo poo.

How deep does that rabbit hole go?

well average is 3-4 in although while aroused it can be up to 7 (blood flow pushes cervix & uterus up to make more room)and Janeway looks like she arouses easily so yeah id say 7 ibches is def a safe bet

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Brb I'll check my notes

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
so they're married or at least living together and he's banging the holo but not her. Gonna guess the hologram one was programmed to like bdsm and this was written by a 43 year old woman OR a weird nerd that thinks like one

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Gatekeeper posted:

went to see beyond last night, fuckin sucked.

couldn't believe they played that beasty boy poo poo again. I rolled my eyes so hard and said "hey Scotty please beam me outta this theater!" and the audienc collectively sprayed cherry coke out of their faceholes and we started rifftraxxing and i got so many high fives

I call BS on this story because the volume of Sabotage was so loud that there'd be no way for anyone to hear you. It would have also required there to be an audience in the theater watching Beyond.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

so they're married or at least living together and he's banging the holo but not her. Gonna guess the hologram one was programmed to like bdsm and this was written by a 43 year old woman OR a weird nerd that thinks like one

I hate that I remember this but new earth was a planet where Janeway and Acoochimoya set up house after they contracted space aids and couldn't be around the rest of the crew so voyager dumped them on a planet and resumed course to the alpha quadrabt. I think it's implied that they start loving? or at least obv fall in love basically.

Then neelix discovered that Leola roots when applied rectally can cure space aids so voyager turns around to get them from new earth and stick roots in their butts. Janeway and chakotay return to their usual routine but they'll never forget that time they lived and loved together in a tiny space trailer while waiting for space aids death.

Apparently this enterprising author has written a story where chakotay secretly recreates new earth in the holodeck so he can continue loving space aids Janeway as a hologram and she finds out and disguises herself with bits of light to look like a hologram and chakotay fills her belly with his people's seed. I'd read it, honestly.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

JediTalentAgent posted:

I call BS on this story because the volume of Sabotage was so loud that there'd be no way for anyone to hear you. It would have also required there to be an audience in the theater watching Beyond.

nope is real and a really hot girl with lil Spock ears glued on yelled "wow they're really trying to sabotage this movie!" but she said it "sabotaaage" like shatner and we laughed and made eye contact and I let her have a sip of my cherry coke slushie

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Gatekeeper posted:

I hate that I remember this but new earth was a planet where Janeway and Acoochimoya set up house after they contracted space aids and couldn't be around the rest of the crew so voyager dumped them on a planet and resumed course to the alpha quadrabt. I think it's implied that they start loving? or at least obv fall in love basically.

Then neelix discovered that Leola roots when applied rectally can cure space aids so voyager turns around to get them from new earth and stick roots in their butts. Janeway and chakotay return to their usual routine but they'll never forget that time they lived and loved together in a tiny space trailer while waiting for space aids death.

Apparently this enterprising author has written a story where chakotay secretly recreates new earth in the holodeck so he can continue loving space aids Janeway as a hologram and she finds out and disguises herself with bits of light to look like a hologram and chakotay fills her belly with his people's seed. I'd read it, honestly.

Also Chakotay makes a secret bathtub and Janeway has a sensual bubblebath and the monkey from outbreak is there.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Gatekeeper posted:

nope is real and a really hot girl with lil Spock ears glued on yelled "wow they're really trying to sabotage this movie!" but she said it "sabotaaage" like shatner and we laughed and made eye contact and I let her have a sip of my cherry coke slushie

Something similar happened to me once, too, with a girl who was a huge Trek fan. She wanted a japanese animated version of just the origin of Spock that she was certain would become a genre unto itself. She said it would be regarded as 'animoy'.

But she found out I liked Babylon 5 and called me a loser.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Gatekeeper posted:

wow

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Just looked this episode up and in a rare instance of continuity the cure actually comes from that Vidiian doctor from another episode.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
That episode is great because Chakotay is carving bath tubs for her and making long term plans and she'd rather gently caress that monkey she found in the woods

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

criscodisco posted:

That episode is great because Chakotay is carving bath tubs for her and making long term plans and she'd rather gently caress that monkey she found in the woods

In the last few episodes there is a time travel episode where Year 1 Janeway asks Year 7 Chakotay if they ever gently caress and he's like "Nah, we don't cross that line"

Also I decided to start a rewatch of Enterprise because I have literally nothing better to do. Holy poo poo that decontamination gel scene. I never actually watched Enterprise and I just thought it was one of those jokes because of whats her face's nipples or something but it's like slow zooms on two nearly naked people rubbing each other for like 5 minutes.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Fat Shat Sings posted:

In the last few episodes there is a time travel episode where Year 1 Janeway asks Year 7 Chakotay if they ever gently caress and he's like "Nah, we don't cross that line"

Also I decided to start a rewatch of Enterprise because I have literally nothing better to do. Holy poo poo that decontamination gel scene. I never actually watched Enterprise and I just thought it was one of those jokes because of whats her face's nipples or something but it's like slow zooms on two nearly naked people rubbing each other for like 5 minutes.

Whats her face with the nipples was the biggest trek fan on the show. She would fight with the producers over how a vulcan like Spock would act. She also wanted to do a crazy vulcan love story and what she got was stuck in a box with Flox.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
she sure is a gigantic jerk like a vulcan, constantly nitpicking every decision anyone makes like a snide monotone rear end in a top hat

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
But only male Vulcan do the crazy sex stuff.

naem
May 29, 2011

I would happily be part of a crazy Vulcan love story with Jolene blalock

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Trast posted:

Whats her face with the nipples was the biggest trek fan on the show. She would fight with the producers over how a vulcan like Spock would act. She also wanted to do a crazy vulcan love story and what she got was stuck in a box with Flox.

Hahaha, I looked this up on the Star Trek wiki and it makes her sound like a fat, sweaty 'THIS ISN'T MY STAR TREK' nerd trapped in an incredibly hot woman's body.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

The Talaxians died because their species couldn't move beyond the 90s. The Haakonians were just finishing what nature started.

I always got the impression Neelix was supposed to be this con artist the crew had to put up with but at one point he became Jar Jar Neelix instead. Also it's interesting that his feet are like that because it makes him look like a hobbit. He just wants to eat and smoke and read all day and doesn't want to put up with Janeway.

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Aug 21, 2016

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Fun fact the reason 2009 Scotty was exiled to a lovely planet is he killed the dog from Enterprise

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

MrSlam posted:

The Talaxians died because their species couldn't move beyond the 90s. The Haakonians were just finishing what nature started.

I want a new TV show where the Cardassians and Haakonians form an Alpha-Delta alliance against all the lovely "respect my culture!" galactic races and the rest of the powers turn a blind eye because to be honest the incessant whining and begging and praying and morale-officering that comes out of those worlds is the most exhausting and burdensome part of 24th century space travel.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

He makes a joke about it like lol I killed an adorable beagle what a boner and nobody is even sad

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

shadow puppet of a posted:

I want a new TV show where the Cardassians and Haakonians form an Alpha-Delta alliance against all the lovely "respect my culture!" galactic races and the rest of the powers turn a blind eye because to be honest the incessant whining and begging and praying and morale-officering that comes out of those worlds is the most exhausting and burdensome part of 24th century space travel.

The Alliance for the Removal of Annoying Unnecessary Species

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

corn in the bible posted:

He makes a joke about it like lol I killed an adorable beagle what a boner and nobody is even sad

He didn't kill it it just hasn't rematerialized yet. He could pop right back into existence at any time.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

corn in the bible posted:

Poor Porthos. He was already over 100 years old. One day a captain in that area is going to notice a molecular anomaly and transport him to a new home.

It's only fitting Scotty spends 50+ years stuck inside a transporter.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

MrSlam posted:

Poor Porthos. He was already over 100 years old. One day a captain in that area is going to notice a molecular anomaly and transport him to a new home.

It's only fitting Scotty spends 50+ years stuck inside a transporter.

"Tuvorthos"

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

So less anus licking but at the expense of an added susceptibility to heartworm and greatly reduced finger dexterity for Kal-toh?

I say blend him in.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Has anyone written any Cardassian detective novels that Garak mentions?

That could be a unique thing, trying to guess what the character is guilty of.

CSI Cardassia Prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something