Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Slashrat posted:

Is the actual source code for DLC features viewable somewhere though?

Not really directly, but if you open the DLC's compiled script file and scroll down to the bottom the source is in there. If you want to actually build something off of it you'd need to use UE Explorer to decompile it so that Modbuddy and do a little set up so that Modbuddy will let you reference those scripts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I thought it was but without the SDK installed I don't really see it.

The problem with XCOM2 modding is that it's a full featured SDK with very shallow documentation. It's very opaque on how to do anything and most mods we have are just based off existing work. No-ones done anything that complicated yet, I don't think we have an entirely original enemy outside the DLC or any weapons that aren't a replacement model with some different stats.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 21, 2016

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Maluco Marinero posted:

Andromedon abilities are defined in Unrealscript, X2CharacterTemplate_DefaultCharacters.uc I believe.

Ah, Ive only been using text edit ++ :D How would I go about this?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Carecat posted:

I thought it was but without the SDK installed I don't really see it.

The problem with XCOM2 modding is that it's a full featured SDK with very shallow documentation. It's very opaque on how to change anything basic and most mods we have are just based off existing work. No-ones done anything that complicated yet, I don't think we have an entirely original enemy outside the DLC or any weapons that aren't a replacement model with some different stats.

Some of the LW Aliens models are totally new, right? I'm thinking of the drones in particular, but also stuff like the Muton Centurion.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Also, holy crap, 'A Better Advent' does not gently caress around. Im going to have to go down a difficulty or two.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Loel posted:

Also, holy crap, 'A Better Advent' does not gently caress around. Im going to have to go down a difficulty or two.

Yeah, A Better Advent is pretty absurd early on. Especially with Pods Plus.

Mostly because the early enemies are balanced extremely poorly and their AI is standardized. So everyone new (like even the non-standard Troopers) have grenades and will just try to shoot you, even if they're a shock-lancer.

It evens out later on because the later enemies are a bit undertuned imo. But the first few months are absolutely brutal.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Loel posted:

Apropos of nothing, I want to give Sparks the 'wallsmash' 'wallbreaker' abilities of Andromedons. I've found the file for Sparks, anyone know where Andromedons are saved? (Or just listing them?) My guess is that it would look like

(AbilityName="Wallsmash", ApplyToWeaponSlot=eInvSlot_Uknown), \\
(AbilityName="Wallbreaker", ApplyToWeaponSlot=eInvSlot_Uknown), \\
), \\

Am I correct in thinking that?

Just easier for me to open up the file to show you, but this is from

XCOM 2 SDK/Development/Src/XComGame/Classes/X2Character_DefaultCharacters.uc

for reference. The Andromedon Abilities are:

code:
	CharTemplate.Abilities.AddItem('SwitchToRobot');
	CharTemplate.Abilities.AddItem('AndromedonImmunities');
	CharTemplate.Abilities.AddItem('BigDamnPunch');
	CharTemplate.Abilities.AddItem('WallBreaking');
	CharTemplate.Abilities.AddItem('WallSmash');
	CharTemplate.Abilities.AddItem('RobotBattlesuit');
So you'd probably be looking to add the abilities to the squaddie part of the ini class data for the Spark, ie:

code:
+SoldierRanks=(  aAbilityTree=(	(AbilityName="Shredder", ApplyToWeaponSlot=eInvSlot_PrimaryWeapon), \\
								(AbilityName="Overdrive", ApplyToWeaponSlot=eInvSlot_PrimaryWeapon), \\
								(AbilityName="Arsenal", ApplyToWeaponSlot=eInvSlot_Unknown), \\
								(AbilityName="RobotImmunities", ApplyToWeaponSlot=eInvSlot_Unknown), \\
								(AbilityName="WallBreaking", ApplyToWeaponSlot=eInvSlot_Unknown), \\
								(AbilityName="WallSmash", ApplyToWeaponSlot=eInvSlot_Unknown), \\
								(AbilityName="IntrusionProtocol", ApplyToWeaponSlot=eInvSlot_SecondaryWeapon) \\
							 ), \\
				aStatProgression=((StatType=eStat_Offense,StatAmount=3), (StatType=eStat_HP,StatAmount=0), (StatType=eStat_Strength,StatAmount=1), (StatType=eStat_Hacking,StatAmount=5), (StatType=eStat_CombatSims,StatAmount=0)),\\
			)

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I kind of want to make a (I imagine?) simple mod, add a new flag/nationality. Do I really need to download a massive rear end SDK just to accomplish this?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So,I just wiped+rebooted my hard drive (nasty malware),and now I'm a couple character pools short. Does anyone have links to the "Idiots" pool and Lune's Syphon Filter pool?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Zore posted:

Yeah, A Better Advent is pretty absurd early on. Especially with Pods Plus.

Mostly because the early enemies are balanced extremely poorly and their AI is standardized. So everyone new (like even the non-standard Troopers) have grenades and will just try to shoot you, even if they're a shock-lancer.

It evens out later on because the later enemies are a bit undertuned imo. But the first few months are absolutely brutal.

Yeah, I have it with the Long War monster mash, and Grimy's Attrition. It's a killer x.x

Maluco Marinero posted:

Just easier for me to open up the file to show you, but this is from

XCOM 2 SDK/Development/Src/XComGame/Classes/X2Character_DefaultCharacters.uc

for reference. The Andromedon Abilities are:

code:
	CharTemplate.Abilities.AddItem('SwitchToRobot');
	CharTemplate.Abilities.AddItem('AndromedonImmunities');
	CharTemplate.Abilities.AddItem('BigDamnPunch');
	CharTemplate.Abilities.AddItem('WallBreaking');
	CharTemplate.Abilities.AddItem('WallSmash');
	CharTemplate.Abilities.AddItem('RobotBattlesuit');
So you'd probably be looking to add the abilities to the squaddie part of the ini class data for the Spark, ie:

Awesome thank you so much :3:

Loel fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 21, 2016

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

quiggy posted:

Some of the LW Aliens models are totally new, right? I'm thinking of the drones in particular, but also stuff like the Muton Centurion.

Those are both official mods. As far as I am aware the Muton Centurion and LW Aliens are still the only aliens with new artwork beyond recolors.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Carecat posted:

Those are both official mods. As far as I am aware the Muton Centurion and LW Aliens are still the only aliens with new artwork beyond recolors.

There's no "both" there. The Muton Centurion is a LW aliens.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I'm not sure about this Dragonpunk thing out there, but it looks ambitious, at least. I like a little Shadowrun in my games, and if you don't but can ignore the goblin theme, the Goblin Bazaar thing is what I'd wanted for a while. Like the last mission's intel buy-in, where you can buy squad buffs and bonuses before missions.

e: One of the things I dislike the most about Long War's classes is that getting shred on any weapons is fuckin impossible. Let my cannons shoot armor.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 22, 2016

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
All that nerd poo poo and you could t use code tags

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Bogart posted:

e: One of the things I dislike the most about Long War's classes is that getting shred on any weapons is fuckin impossible. Let my cannons shoot armor.

Shredder is a first-tier perk choice for Gunners.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Grimy's loot mod plus the "mod everything" mod turned my SPARK into a death machine. His gun ended up with a damage mod and superior scope among other mods. A special bit gave me an extra use of a plasma blaster plus increased the cone. That and the skill to already increase the cones on powered weapons meant that the plasma cone covered the tiles around and behind the SPARK. He could overdrive, 2 shot a a gatekeeper, then plasma blast all the cover across the screen in a 90 degree arc. Really overpowered but it felt pretty good. The next run might be an all SPARK A-team.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Doobie Keebler posted:

Grimy's loot mod plus the "mod everything" mod turned my SPARK into a death machine. His gun ended up with a damage mod and superior scope among other mods. A special bit gave me an extra use of a plasma blaster plus increased the cone. That and the skill to already increase the cones on powered weapons meant that the plasma cone covered the tiles around and behind the SPARK. He could overdrive, 2 shot a a gatekeeper, then plasma blast all the cover across the screen in a 90 degree arc. Really overpowered but it felt pretty good. The next run might be an all SPARK A-team.

In concert with RealityMachina's Metal over Flesh, Grimy's makes an All-SPARK team hilarious as gently caress. I have SPARKs which can use Shredstorm 3 times a mission, each storm hitting an entire pod.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Experiment results: giving Light 'Em Up to a Sharpshooter with Death From Above is exactly as silly as I dreamed it would be.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

XCOM Alkydere I swear if you don't hit a shot this mission I'm going to stop putting you in cover.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Doctor Reynolds posted:

XCOM Alkydere I swear if you don't hit a shot this mission I'm going to stop putting you in cover.

haha man he's always on loving point in my last few campaigns

killed snake dick in my most recent one and is rocking the gently caress out of wearing his skin

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Zoran posted:

Experiment results: giving Light 'Em Up to a Sharpshooter with Death From Above is exactly as silly as I dreamed it would be.

death from above makes a lot of things really silly

I got it on a ranger in one game and I distinctly remember her wiping out entire pods with repeated shotgun crits

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 23, 2016

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
I'm not sure what it is about this game vs EU, but I just lose interest after a few restarts. Something about the first mission - while basically the same thing as the first mission in EU - and the subsequent pattern (guerilla ops, vip, retaliation) is just unfun to play through over and over if pushing hard mode

Also wtf is up with the long war guys obsession with making things dumb? The new aliens are cool but that drone on the first mission isn't even remotely necessary

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Are you running bigger squads? It feels like Long War aliens and perks are intended for a squad that's at least 2 bigger at the start - which the long war toolbox makes really easy (although it sucks that it doesn't take effect on gatecrasher).

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

DatonKallandor posted:

Are you running bigger squads? It feels like Long War aliens and perks are intended for a squad that's at least 2 bigger at the start - which the long war toolbox makes really easy (although it sucks that it doesn't take effect on gatecrasher).

You can also tweak MaxSoldiersOnMission in DefaultGameData.ini, which will increase the squad size for Gatecrasher. But yeah, it does suck that LW Toolbox doesn't affect it.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Just run Quick Start and skip Gatecrasher.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I'm playing a second game, trying some different approaches like a samurai ranger and gunslinger marksman. Just one problem, though.

Where are my acid bombs? I don't know how to fight armored enemies without my acid bombs.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Bogart posted:

Do this, the only thing you will miss out on is the possible loot, otherwise you get 4 squaddies and you can skip the dumb RNG of gatecrasher.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Bogart posted:

Or enable console and use PowerUp on the first mission. Then you get the experience too.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
So, how about the progress on that co-op mod?

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Super Awesome Skyrangers isn't working for me. Not sure if it wasn't updated for Shin's Last Gift or if some other mod I have is breaking it. Is there anyway I can tell or fix it myself, or is it something mod maker has to do?

edit: never mind, I am an idiot that forgot new mods are not enabled by default.

Lowen SoDium fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 24, 2016

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Hmmm some mod I have gave me infinite mimic beacons after I built like the 2nd or 3rd one, dunno what is breaking it, but I'm basically on my commander/ironman victory lap for the most part anyway, considering I'm at 3beacons lol.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

MF_James posted:

Hmmm some mod I have gave me infinite mimic beacons after I built like the 2nd or 3rd one, dunno what is breaking it, but I'm basically on my commander/ironman victory lap for the most part anyway, considering I'm at 3beacons lol.

The base game has done that for me with medkits, it could just be a regular old bug

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Well, I finally got around to playing XCOM 2. I was a little rusty so I started with the tutorial enabled. Well, I got to the first mission, was a bit reckless due to the time limit, and one of my team got killed. This caused another team member to freak the hell out, climb on top of the truck, and grenade himself, and the rest of the team, completely wiping the mission.

That was definitely unexpected.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

jadebullet posted:

Well, I finally got around to playing XCOM 2. I was a little rusty so I started with the tutorial enabled. Well, I got to the first mission, was a bit reckless due to the time limit, and one of my team got killed. This caused another team member to freak the hell out, climb on top of the truck, and grenade himself, and the rest of the team, completely wiping the mission.

Welcome to XCOM

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

jadebullet posted:

:xcom:

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Are there any more DLC's planned to come out for that season pass thing I got when I first bought the game?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

None announced. The season pass is probably done unless they do something crazy and unexpected, since they've put out all the announced material.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
There are rumors that Long War 2 is under development (I think the head of LW Studios said something like "we can't confirm that we are working on it.") Firaxis is probably footing the bill since no paid mods.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Have you ever just looked at your squad and realized how ridiculous they actually appear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

jadebullet posted:

Welcome back, Commander.