Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Reeve superman best superman

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Cavill stupid hot though.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Germstore posted:

Cavill stupid hot though.

man from uncle proves he can be good a actor too, but no zack snyder needs him to pose and emote like an action figure

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's because everyone--including Christopher Reeve--consistently makes the mistake of assuming that Superman is constantly embodying the legend of Superman instead of showing the man behind the legend. The idea of Superman is always so much bigger than the story Superman it is and it pre-emptively kneecaps everyone involved.

A good comparison is Nick Frost playing Santa Claus in a Doctor Who Christmas Special (it's exponentially better than every word of that last sentence makes it sound)--Nick Frost plays a man you can imagine the legend of Santa Claus springing from, but he's still clearly a character in the story with wants, needs, moods, flaws, limitations, and hopes.

Man from UNCLE sucked though. Not because of Cavil. Cavil was fine. It was a structural/editing/directorial mess. I turned it off halfway because of how shockingly amateur it was despite great production design, a really excellent cast, and a solid script.

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

I never check my internet provider email address and just saw that WB sent me a copyright violation back in June for downloading this lovely movie.

It's the movie that keeps on making GBS threads.

how the gently caress is this not the violation of privacy?

naem
May 29, 2011

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Freestyle posted:

how the gently caress is this not the violation of privacy?

How the gently caress would it be?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I canot belive that store recorded me stealing those steaks with VIDEO CAMERAS! Do my rights mean nothing?!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

You wouldn't download a- steak would you-

I wanna download a steak.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Germstore posted:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

You wouldn't download a grainy video of Aquaman.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I was just following in the example of my hero, Ben Affleck. Why is it okay for him to download a video from Lex Luthor, but when I do it I get in trouble?!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Germstore posted:

You wouldn't download a- steak would you-

if you downloaded bats v super you made a misteak!

hahaha

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

I was just following in the example of my hero, Ben Affleck. Why is it okay for him to download a video from Lex Luthor, but when I do it I get in trouble?!

Your mother's name isn't Martha

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I'd like to meat Jason Momoa

iykwim

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You want his flesh in your forge

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
He can talk to my fish any time he wants

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
The Flash and Aquaman were always my favorites.

I think the new Aquaman will be okay but the Flash looks pretty dumb.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

a snyder shot for shot film of this would probably be much better than bvs

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mind the walrus posted:

A good comparison is Nick Frost playing Santa Claus in a Doctor Who Christmas Special (it's exponentially better than every word of that last sentence makes it sound)--Nick Frost plays a man you can imagine the legend of Santa Claus springing from, but he's still clearly a character in the story with wants, needs, moods, flaws, limitations, and hopes.

Jesus Christ.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

mind the walrus posted:

It's because everyone--including Christopher Reeve--consistently makes the mistake of assuming that Superman is constantly embodying the legend of Superman instead of showing the man behind the legend. The idea of Superman is always so much bigger than the story Superman it is and it pre-emptively kneecaps everyone involved.

Man from UNCLE sucked though. Not because of Cavil. Cavil was fine. It was a structural/editing/directorial mess. I turned it off halfway because of how shockingly amateur it was despite great production design, a really excellent cast, and a solid script.

Source that amazing quote!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hustlin Floh posted:

Jesus Christ.

Cry more you little bitch.

a happy snowman posted:

Source that amazing quote!

Finnegan's Wake II.3

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

Finnegan's Wake II.3 for Workgroups

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mind the walrus posted:

Cry more you little bitch.

Ummmm... OK? I wasn't aware that commenting on your dedication to nerd culture that is both depressing and simultaneously a bit impressive constitutes "crying".

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I've never liked anyone who likes dr who

It's just such a dumb tv show

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
God CD has gone completely insane, what's with their obsession with wanting Batman to be a murderer and also for his movies to say what a bad idea it would be for Bruce to be Batman?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it is a cry for help. they want batman to come murder them, thus putting them out of their misery.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to be the world's first suicide by Batman. Heath doesn't count.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Serious Frolicking posted:

it is a cry for help. they want batman to come murder them, thus putting them out of their misery.

I wish he would

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Batman is sometimes a murderer depending on the writer. It's a bit of a problem if you're going to try to work The Killing Joke into the mix because a batman that casually kills at least 20 people and was willing to literally execute Superman should have absolutely no problem killing Joker.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

achillesforever6 posted:

God CD has gone completely insane, what's with their obsession with wanting Batman to be a murderer and also for his movies to say what a bad idea it would be for Bruce to be Batman?

You know, it'd only take a few more people voting 1 on the thread to get it locked ...

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
I like how a couple people went into the Comic Book Movie thread in CD to talk about how they didn't like how Batman or Superman were portrayed and then drowned in the most pretentious sea of garbage ever posted on that subforum.

Ban everyone in CD and start it over.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I just watched it through netflix and I didn't think it was that bad. It feels like they crammed two movies into one, which is odd because everyone else is splitting things that should be a single movie into multiple movies. I give it a solid meh. If I had paid for a movie ticket I don't think I'd be mad, but I'd also probably wonder if I should have watched zootopia instead.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chickenfrogman posted:

I like how a couple people went into the Comic Book Movie thread in CD to talk about how they didn't like how Batman or Superman were portrayed and then drowned in the most pretentious sea of garbage ever posted on that subforum.

Ban everyone in CD and start it over.
Don't you see normal Batman is just a power fantasy for white people to justify police brutality against the poors; because Batman can exist in real life you see.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Germstore posted:

I just watched it through netflix and I didn't think it was that bad. It feels like they crammed two movies into one, which is odd because everyone else is splitting things that should be a single movie into multiple movies. I give it a solid meh. If I had paid for a movie ticket I don't think I'd be mad, but I'd also probably wonder if I should have watched zootopia instead.

Did you watch the theatrical cut or the extended version?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

What is this

He's not angry and screaming and kicking apart populated buildings

gently caress this guy

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Did you watch the theatrical cut or the extended version?

Probably theatric cut. I assume that's what Netflix would send out. I didn't know there were two versions so I didn't check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Blazing Ownager posted:

What is this

He's not angry and screaming and kicking apart populated buildings

gently caress this guy

Worst of all, he's..... smiling.

• Locked thread