Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Also whilst I'm on ORAS complaints.

What is May meant to be doing, I've run into her a few times but most of those times she heals my team for story reasons and says dialogue about being great friends despite no evidence of that in game.

I must have missed some Wally stuff as I help him catch a ralts, beat him 2x as he only seems to have the ralts then suddenly he is at the Victory Road with a mega stone and almost full team, seems a bit of a sudden Jump.
Steven is terrible a walking exposition and item box who appears, chats shits and gives out powerful items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Geokinesis posted:

Another problem with oras is first area you run into wingulls and zigzagoons and few others. Later areas you just run into their evolved forms.

It would have been much better to have all the hidden pokemon that appear after groundon/kyogre are capture as normal encounters up to that point and add even more as hidden pokemon after k/g.

Or just mix up the encounters a little bit!

Linoone can be in the game without being on almost every loving route! You can also put pokemon like Corphish on land in some areas, or at least make things besides Tentacool/Magikarp catchable with the old rod.

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

I really wish you could just outright buy some evolution stones in ORAS. Soft-resetting after trainer battles to hope they give me a shiny stone because I'm too bad at the super training mini-game is very frustrating :|

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i really liked team rocket in the games in general. they were doing small-time poo poo but it actually seemed kind of natural.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Team Skull's street gang motif makes me wonder if their goals are more down to earth than most of the other team's in Pokemon, given that Guzma's backstory was that he couldn't become a trial captain.

Zore posted:

Its literally 3 tiles of water blocking off Victory Road.
It was actually super annoying my first run because I wasn't using anything that learned surf so I was down 1 party member for Victory Road. Too many cool bugs and fossils.

Wait, what part of Victory Road does that happen in? Surf isn't mandatory for it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Geokinesis posted:

Also whilst I'm on ORAS complaints.

What is May meant to be doing, I've run into her a few times but most of those times she heals my team for story reasons and says dialogue about being great friends despite no evidence of that in game.

I must have missed some Wally stuff as I help him catch a ralts, beat him 2x as he only seems to have the ralts then suddenly he is at the Victory Road with a mega stone and almost full team, seems a bit of a sudden Jump.
Steven is terrible a walking exposition and item box who appears, chats shits and gives out powerful items.

May is just there to take up the role of the XY Friends and be complete and utterly powerless as a trainer so you can curvestomp at any spot while she says you two are friends.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Team Skull's street gang motif makes me wonder if their goals are more down to earth than most of the other team's in Pokemon, given that Guzma's backstory was that he couldn't become a trial captain.

"I'm salty about not becoming a gym leader lite so I'm going to make a mythical monster crash the moon into the planet."

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Dr. Fetus posted:

Wait, what part of Victory Road does that happen in? Surf isn't mandatory for it.

He is talking about BW's Victory Road, which I cannot confirm since I haven't played BW.

Kalos's Victory Road DOES this though and it's really annoying since you only need Surf I think twice inside of it, and both times it's just a short body of water that someone could have easily built a bridge across.

The worst part is that Surf isn't a bad move, so for early gens I usually had a Mon with it. But since Gen V introduced Scald, and as a TM to boot, Surf has been largely overshadowed in usefulness.

I don't get how Water Pulse which applies a volatile status has 60 base power, whereas Scald can gently caress you up permanentl and has 80.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 21, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I want to be friends with Guzma.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

lezard_valeth posted:

He is talking about BW's Victory Road, which I cannot confirm since I haven't played BW.

Kalos's Victory Road DOES this though and it's really annoying since you only need Surf I think twice inside of it, and both times it's just a short body of water that someone could have easily built a bridge across.

The worst part is that Surf isn't a bad move, so for early gens I usually had a Mon with it. But since Gen V introduced Scald, and as a TM to boot, Surf has been largely overshadowed in usefulness.

BW's Victory Road does not have a mandatory Surf section.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How does getting the legendaries at GameStop work? The guy didn't know what I was talking about.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you go in and ask them for an arceus card but this late in the month theyre probably out

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I think you use Gamestop wi-fi and get it with mystery gift or something ??

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Oh yeah that makes more sense, that's how I got Diancie.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dr. Fetus posted:

BW's Victory Road does not have a mandatory Surf section.

Yeah, I was confusing it with the X/Y victory road.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I don't they've done in store wifi distribution since gen five.
Closest they had was that idiocy with McDonald's

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

greatn posted:

How does getting the legendaries at GameStop work? The guy didn't know what I was talking about.

It's a card they have behind the counter

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

How strong do moves like Sword Dance actually make the pokemon? For some reason I always thought that "raises [stat] one stage" meant like as if it gained a level, but now i'm realizing the boost is way bigger, but I can't really find any hard numbers besides the fact that there's five stages to go to.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

How strong do moves like Sword Dance actually make the pokemon? For some reason I always thought that "raises [stat] one stage" meant like as if it gained a level, but now i'm realizing the boost is way bigger, but I can't really find any hard numbers besides the fact that there's five stages to go to.

This page lists all the info about stats.

The short answer: Very.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Kurieg posted:

I don't they've done in store wifi distribution since gen five.
Closest they had was that idiocy with McDonald's

they did one this year with mcdonalds. hoopa maybe

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ahh, so it's pretty much just a 50% increase per stage? therefore the power-up punch mega khangaskan does doubles its attack. holy poo poo.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

ahh, so it's pretty much just a 50% increase per stage? therefore the power-up punch mega khangaskan does doubles its attack. holy poo poo.

Yup, M-Kanga Power-Up Punch is a 60 BP Fighting-type Swords Dance.

Malmesbury Monster
Nov 5, 2011

LionArcher posted:

It's a card they have behind the counter

Some stores will print them at the register (on receipt paper) as well, though I've only been to one Gamestop that offered so ymmv.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Luckily it caps off at "just" x4 because it's additive.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Super No Vacancy posted:

they did one this year with mcdonalds. hoopa maybe

Which is what I was referencing. It wasn't actually anything physical at the McDonalds that was distributing the Hoopa, it was still on nintendo's server. It's just that Nintendo's servers checked to see if the SSID you were connecting from matched their database of McDonalds before they gave you a Hoopa. If you changed your local Wifi to mach a McDonalds one you could get the Hoopa.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

if you think of the base as 2/2, stage ups from base raise the numerator and stage drops from base raise the denominator. so swords dance is a two stage raise, or 4/2, or 2x.

a one stage drop, from intimidate for instance, would be 2/3.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

This is dumb, but I'm in the process of migrating my Pokémon up from gen 3 and I just realized I didn't engage with the Black 2 postgame that much... What should I be doing post-Elite Four to get as many exclusives as possible for when I Bank them?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if you do the million floor dungeon you get a shiny dragonite

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

The shiny Dratini is in White 2. It's a shiny Gible in Black 2.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I just finished floor 2... I'm godly with the Galvantula

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Plasma is my favorite team because I never get tired of the grunts screaming PLAAAAASMAAAAAAA everytime you kick their rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0tNFSO_3dQ

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Seniors VGC finals just finished. USA is taking all the VGC gold this year. :911:

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
No mega Kang, or mega salamence in the final masters fight makes me really happy. Also Raichu!

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Super No Vacancy posted:

The black tower is fun and the reward is great.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

White Treehollow has trainers with Chansey and Blissey, best place to grind in all of Gen 5.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

this swords dance mega ray rules

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

good job wolfey and wolfey's raichu + hitmontop + mega ray

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Hooray for world champion Raichu/Hitmontop!

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Just caught two wild shiny mons within 5 mins of each other, so haha at people who've never seen one in the wild ever. But it was Zigzagoon and a poo poo-natured Poochyena, so just a little haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Thanks for mentioning the Meowth code, goon from a couple pages ago. I like that cat.