Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
I just think it's cute that Whis keeps organizing play dates with the Saiyan boys so Beerus can have some friends. The God of Destruction gets a bit antsy when he has to share his food but Whis being the good guardian he is knowingly lets it slide since he is getting play time with others and not getting cranky from being an only child. This relationship is also good because Whis can spend some time with other adults and can forget the labors of being a single parent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think whis is withholding some information when he said the high priest was among the five strongest guys in the multiverse and didn't mention he was also one of them, cause the only time he ever gives a gently caress is when beerus or zeno are about to smash something important.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I think it's better than 50/50 Whis is stronger than Beerus. He doesn't seem to take Beerus threatening him too seriously, although he usually also gives him what he wants in response. It may just be their established dynamic and he knows he's not going to be killed unless he's careless one time and gets sneezed on.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

And then Krillin becomes the next arc villain.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Beerus straight up said that Whis is stronger

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Whis said that the high priest was way out of his league though

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Toriyama himself said Goku was a 6, Beerus was a 10, and Whis was a 15. Even if numbers themselves are meaningless, the intent still tells us a lot.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

whis might be lying and toryiama might have changed his mind

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Stairmaster posted:

I think whis is withholding some information when he said the high priest was among the five strongest guys in the multiverse and didn't mention he was also one of them, cause the only time he ever gives a gently caress is when beerus or zeno are about to smash something important.

Then that Implies that Whis is not one of the 5 Strongest guys in the Multiverse.

Which means their are a lot of strong people still around.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
That was already alluded to in BoG. After explaining that Whis is his teacher, Beerus then talked about the 12 Universes and mentioned that there are people stronger than both of them in some of those 'verses.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

MonsterEnvy posted:

Then that Implies that Whis is not one of the 5 Strongest guys in the Multiverse.

Which means their are a lot of strong people still around.

Well there's presumably the God of Destruction's attendants for all the still existing other universes, so no reason to assume Whis is in the top 5. I do wonder how strong Zeno's attendants really are though.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Stairmaster posted:

whis might be lying and toryiama might have changed his mind

I think it's hilarious that the plot is at the mercy of the writer's feelings at the moment.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Agoat posted:

I think it's hilarious that the plot is at the mercy of the writer's feelings at the moment.

I mean, isn't that the nature of fiction?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

We know that Vados beats Whis, new guy beats Whis, and Zeno probably beats Whis. That's three of five. It is interesting to see that apparently his race takes up quite a few high level positions and strengths in the hierarchy. I wonder if that's their appointed place as an entire race, or if it's just them as individuals.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Also I'd just like to say, Zeno is a little poo poo. Can't wait for Goku to kamahamaha him straight off his dumb jellyfish planet

Edit: Also the Grand Priest has a halo of sorts, I wonder if he's dead.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 22, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
If Goku beats Xeno, what next?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Covok posted:

If Goku beats Xeno, what next?

That stupid jellyfish planet

Edit: Actually Zeno's dad shows up but Future Goku Jr. shows up and kills them both, warning the team of a future enemy.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 22, 2016

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

pik_d posted:

Also I'd just like to say, Zeno is a little poo poo. Can't wait for Goku to kamahamaha him straight off his dumb jellyfish planet

No, just stylish. Whis has his on his collar.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think the plot twist is whis is zeno's dad

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Goku is going to beat Xeno then be forced to become Xeno and bumble around being bad at the job.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its not xeno its zeno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Stairmaster posted:

its not xeno its zeno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
His name is Xeno and he rules the multiverse. That's why it's called Xenoverse.

Covok
May 27, 2013

HitTheTargets posted:

Hoe Lee Shiiiiit.

Mind blown.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

quote:

Trivia

Although Whis says there is not a single person greater than Zeno, it is not known if this statement is true, as Daizenshuu 7 claims that Akira Toriyama himself is the ultimate ruler of the Dragon Ball world.

Thanks, dragon ball wiki

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
The real god:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Super ends with Goku killing Akira as a meta commentary on how the series has grown out of his hands after so many watched and made their own intreptations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

no it was literally just a typo and they didn't catch it until the game was already out!

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
i'm really relating to zeno to be honest. if i was the king of everything i would make goku be my friend too

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Goten seems like the obvious choice for Zeno's friend.

I'd say Buu but Buu is not really good at getting along with others.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Blockhouse posted:

Goten seems like the obvious choice for Zeno's friend.

I'd say Buu but Buu is not really good at getting along with others.

Hercule.

Hercule and Arale go on adventures with Zeno.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hercule was my first thought

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Monaka and Hercule.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Pan is by far the best choice, but Hercule would be a strong contender for Good Friend.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It's gonna be Monaka, because Goku is so excited to introduce a dude who fought on par with Beerus. Zenou will look at him for a couple of seconds, confused, and then go "But... he's really weak."

Goku will naturally then go starry eyed that Zenou is so powerful he thinks a Beerus-level opponent is weak.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Hjalmar posted:

Pan is by far the best choice, but Hercule would be a strong contender for Good Friend.

Yeah I figured he was talking about Pan before he said he didn't know.

Also, I feel like that button is going to get accidentally hit in Trunks' world and bad poo poo is going to happen..

Also also, old yeller Kai needs to watch his tea, because he's about to get poisoned...

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Beerus straight up said that Whis is stronger

Also Whis completely owned Beerus with one hit at the end of Battle of Gods :eng101:

pik_d posted:

No, halos don't necessarily mean that you are dead. They are reserved for saints and angels. Normal dead people in Dragonball don't get halos, only great heroes like Goku. Normal people turn into those cloud puff things. Goku is rewarded for his good deeds by becoming an angel in the afterlife. Just look at Whis and Vados, they have halos too because they are angels:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It's a ring

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Aurora posted:

It's a ring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF8GiRzJN6g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil