Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Abel Wingnut posted:

and apparently this is a thing now

from florida

i'm confused by this on a few levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

sarmhan posted:

Aligators are a lot more chill than people realize as well. You have to be pretty drunk or reckless to get attacked generally.

Or small

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Plus Glenn beck, morning Joe , foxy friends all on at6 am :getin: u got politics to listen to on the drive!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm glad I no longer own a house, especially given how most jobs only last 2-3 years for most people.

Working for the same company for 20+ years is pretty much dead.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

etalian posted:

All the big name cities have gotten crazy expensive over the last years, even once reasonably priced cities like Denver and Seattle are getting nice rent spikes.

It's almost like all the cities with lots of jobs in blue areas have a lot of people move to them.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

That Works posted:

It's almost like all the cities with lots of jobs in blue areas have a lot of people move to them.

Also certain cities like SF seem pretty clueless how to cope with the influx of out of state people.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Vladimir Putin posted:

Texas has the highest infant mortality in the industrialized world.

jisforjosh posted:

Good thing I'm not an infant.

loving incredible

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Vile posted:

30 minutes if you wake up and drive at 5:45 do it pussy drink coffee and be able to own a house instead of a micropod

Yeah but the neighbors are poo poo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

uncurable mlady posted:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

etalian posted:

Also certain cities like SF seem pretty clueless how to cope with the influx of out of state people.

Same for Austin, TX. I lived there for 5 yrs before moving to Boston and it's gone completely to hell with costs / traffic.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

That Works posted:

Same for Austin, TX. I lived there for 5 yrs before moving to Boston and it's gone completely to hell with costs / traffic.

Out of the frying pan into the fire?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

uncurable mlady posted:

well, you see, the Jehovah's Witnesses fought and won a Supreme Court case about exactly this and Florida thought "What if we ignored the law of the land?"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

lol @ people that don't live in the following places:

- New York
- Parts of New England
- California

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just saying I like moving somewhere and buying a house cause I hate apartments gently caress ever having to share walls,with someone or dealing with a landlord

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

pseudorandom name posted:

well, you see, the Jehovah's Witnesses fought and won a Supreme Court case about exactly this and Florida thought "What if we ignored the law of the land?"

the thing that really bugs me is that it's page 65 of something

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
This location chat is insufferable. I miss the days where trump was making a whoopsie every 10 hours.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

etalian posted:

Out of the frying pan into the fire?

Kinda. Boston is growing but actually has a transit system that works (mostly) so it's far easier to live in / get around despite bad traffic here as well. Austin's solution to curbing growth was to shoot down transit expansion plans for 20 years and are now left with crippling traffic at nearly all hours of the day.

Boston just is going through massive price inflations on property. Moving out to another part of New England is gonna be nice though.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vile posted:

Just saying I like moving somewhere and buying a house cause I hate apartments gently caress ever having to share walls,with someone or dealing with a landlord

Renting is better IMO especially if you only see yourself staying in the area for 2-3 years.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
Vile:
Why would you live in Everett when you could get a house for only slightly more in Shoreline or Lynnwood? Not like they are great but Everett?
Even the nicer areas of Everett are usually just a short distance away from Meth Street(Evergreen).

Edit: Lynnwood even throws the homeless out of town, you'd probably love it here.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Basically they're making the pledge mandatory and kids will be punished unless their parents sign a waiver saying they are allowed to not face a flag with their hand over their heart and say:

“I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”

The God part was added in 1954 - guess by who - but ask anybody and they'll say it's been there since 1776, over a hundred years before the first draft of the pledge came around

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

Basically they're making the pledge mandatory and kids will be punished unless their parents sign a waiver saying they are allowed to not face a flag with their hand over their heart and say:

“I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”

The God part was added in 1954 - guess by who - but ask anybody and they'll say it's been there since 1776, over a hundred years before the first draft of the pledge came around

This is loving insane :psyduck:

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Houses in Seattle are a cool half mil that's out of budget folks

Living an hour away is affordable. What would you do I've in SOUTH Seattle Tacoma, no way. Snoqualmie,i.e. Is $$$$. Woodiville $$$

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

To get back on topic

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/767520065608613888

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/767505383430782976

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vile posted:

Houses in Seattle are a cool half mil that's out of budget folks

Living an hour away is affordable. What would you do I've in SOUTH Seattle Tacoma, no way. Snoqualmie,i.e. Is $$$$. Woodiville $$$

People who live in the boondocks don't take into account how the distance adds extra costs by itself.

Even more time and gas money waste if you end up getting stuck in traffic

StateOwned
Dec 30, 2005

this lane closed

Vile posted:

learn some social skills

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

etalian posted:

Residents there want to figuratively build a wall to keep new people from moving into those cities. They almost seem like natural Trump voters.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Hes right, white supremacy's finally about to get crushed forever. Thats huge

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

His handlers have figured out his tweeting style, it seems.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Mandatory recitation of the pledge during the course of one's education is a bedrock of liberal thought development. You start out not understanding the words, then you understand the words, then you understand the irony of the words.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Abel Wingnut posted:

and apparently this is a thing now

from florida

What do they do if the parent wants them to do the pledge but the child doesn't?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nitrousoxide posted:

What do they do if the parent wants them to do the pledge but the child doesn't?

Then the kid is free to moulder in detention or Saturday school, if I had to guess

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

uncurable mlady posted:

- New York
- Parts of New England
- California

I want to move to the Pacific Northwest

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I understand that nothing matters, but he at least has to realize that his entire economic panel is like 100% hedge fund managers, right?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

uncurable mlady posted:

the thing that really bugs me is that it's page 65 of something

presumably it's a part of some larger parent/student orientation handbook

this doesn't change the fact that West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette says you can't be compelled to salute the flag for any reason (including the failure to fill out a permission slip)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Al! posted:

Hes right, white supremacy's finally about to get crushed forever. Thats huge

I like how Trump blames Wall Street, even though it's his fault he has paid for any ads.

You'd think with his vast fortune he could easily bury Crooked Hillary in ads if he was serious about winning.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

uncurable mlady posted:

- New York
- Parts of New England
- California

Colorado is nice. Basically California without the beach or taxes.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mrit posted:

Vile:
Why would you live in Everett when you could get a house for only slightly more in Shoreline or Lynnwood? Not like they are great but Everett?
Even the nicer areas of Everett are usually just a short distance away from Meth Street(Evergreen).

Edit: Lynnwood even throws the homeless out of town, you'd probably love it here.

All the houses in shoreline and Lynnwood for our budget were too small or too lovely. Also TONS of cash buyers and like 10+ offers. Brutal

We live in nice Everett north part by golf course / marina it's not bad yeah some junkies but it is getting nicer we see lots of new growth. Marina upgrade, Marriott, Dutch bro coffee, lots of new houses / Renovations

All the people moving in are young Seattle / Bellevue workers. People next door are brand new he is a game delevoper in kirkland

Vile fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 22, 2016

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Baloogan seems like a Canadian I would have a great time at the bar with tbh. What province you in my dude?

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

GobiasIndustries posted:

His handlers have figured out his tweeting style, it seems.

Nah, it's probably him.

See, this is why I made this bot. For situations where you're not quite sure who's using his account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I like location chat because it makes me feel better at my choice of location.

• Locked thread