Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Acne Rain posted:

I do not get objections to drives designs.
He's basically a slim Autobot. And the car instead of a bike thing is a trivial difference unless you're thinking harder about the premise of kamen rider than probably even the writers are these days.

It's not a bad design, it just did not appeal to me. Design aesthetic remains one of the core reasons why I still watch some tokusatsu. The only tech rider design I ever loved 100% was G3. Also, I'm not really into any Transformers either.

The boiled down premise of Kamen Rider is some dude with a handful of allies fighting against an evil organization/civilization/race while sharing a similar power origin. The riding element has been unimportant for a long time now. Why would I ghost who can fly need a motorcycle? The premise I was referring to in Drive was short-staffed paranormal investigation unit fighting against evil car/number robots that can stop time. This did not seem all that refreshing or interesting after the crazy train that was Gaim. Yet it was done really well, taken to some neat places and was overall really enjoyable.

The heroic spirits in Ghost could have been done really well if written by a history nerd or something. Instead, they are all just one-note macguffins with personalities based on one famous thing they did in their legends (with catchphrases!). The premise was that they all have an important lesson to impart to Takeru, to have him come into his own as a true hero. So then it happened that what he learned from them was that being a true hero meant staying as a one note character who spouts a catchphrase. Or maybe there was something important about the spirits of the dead remaining static forever I must have missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

AtheistMantis posted:

Instead, they are all just one-note macguffins with personalities based on one famous thing they did in their legends (with catchphrases!)
I AM EDISON

I AM EDISON

ARE YOU EDISON

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they couldn't even be bothered to pick 15 actual historical figures. instead like a third of them were partially or entirely fictional.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

Can Of Worms posted:

I AM EDISON

I AM EDISON

ARE YOU EDISON

This owned actually

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That's the closest anyone's come to selling me on Ghost

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Can Of Worms posted:

I AM EDISON

I AM EDISON

ARE YOU EDISON

This part was actually good though?

Next you're going to poo poo on Goemon's breakdancing.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Stallion Cabana posted:

This part was actually good though?

Next you're going to poo poo on Goemon's breakdancing.
Hey, I'm not disagreeing!

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I'm still laughing at Billy the Kid's two-parter, entirely based on the debunked myth of Billy and the sheriff being BFFs. But hey it's not like Japanese kids care. Cowboys! :v:

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Most of the Eyecons have had basically the same speech for Takeru anyway.

'Your Justice is what you want, and sometimes that's hard, but that's okay. you do your Justice. No matter what do your Justice. That's Justice. Justice is what you make, because not everyone agrees'.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Stallion Cabana posted:

\'Your Justice is what you want, and sometimes that's hard, but that's okay. you do your Justice. No matter what do your Justice. That's Justice. Justice is what you make, because not everyone agrees'.
________________/

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
So a group picked up Kiva recently and seem to be committed to getting it done

I think that means that Faiz and Decade are the only heisei shows without a scrub going? (This is assuming Sub Vent and OrangeLion are still committed to Ryuki and Den-O)

John McClane fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Aug 10, 2016

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Stallion Cabana posted:

Most of the Eyecons have had basically the same speech for Takeru anyway.

'Your Justice is what you want, and sometimes that's hard, but that's okay. you do your Justice. No matter what do your Justice. That's Justice. Justice is what you make, because not everyone agrees'.

Truth be told that's really only been Billy and Robin, and Billy's was skewed more towards the whole doing what's right when a friend goes off the rails because you're their friend.

I get that it probably blends all together sometimes but yeah, unequivocally wrong there.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

John McClane posted:

So a group picked up Kiva recently and seem to be committed to getting it done

I think that means that Faiz and Decade are the only heisei shows without a scrub going? (This is assuming Sub Vent and OrangeLion are still committed to Ryuki and Den-O)

Don't tell me what group or anything dork

edit is it SwagScrubs becaues thsoe guys haven't released a thing in a while

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 10, 2016

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
https://raillersubs.wordpress.com

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

oh dopeness

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Since that list of fansubs at the beginning of this thread is rather outdated at this point, this wiki seems to be the most comprehensive and up-to-date source on them, though it doesn't always have links:
http://tokusubs.wikia.com/wiki/Tokusubs_Wiki
It should probably be linked in that post.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
YoY is already up to 46 on kabuto

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Alpha3KV posted:

Since that list of fansubs at the beginning of this thread is rather outdated at this point, this wiki seems to be the most comprehensive and up-to-date source on them, though it doesn't always have links:

only problem with this list is that it considers tvn a viable sub source

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Alpha3KV posted:

It's up to date as of like a month or two ago

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I DIDN'T EVEN CONSIDER THIS FOR EX-AID, HOLY poo poo

https://twitter.com/fourzzze/status/763472411245350913

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Just noticed krdl.info is shutting down in October

Nertz

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Waffleman_ posted:

I DIDN'T EVEN CONSIDER THIS FOR EX-AID, HOLY poo poo

https://twitter.com/fourzzze/status/763472411245350913

The odds are stacked heavily against it but EX-Aid please be good

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

John McClane posted:

Just noticed krdl.info is shutting down in October

Nertz

dude was super poo poo at updating anyway, despite multiple offers from me, noted autismal weirdo dickeye, to manage the content for him

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I know the movie debut usually isn't super representative of the actual series but I really hope the chiptunes make it into the series OST. It'd be a pretty radical departure and super cool.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
there's a raw up for Kamen Rider #1 now too

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Literally The Worst posted:

there's a raw up for Kamen Rider #1 now too

I almost literally cannot wait for Kamen Rider Xtra Large.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

I almost literally cannot wait for Kamen Rider Xtra Large.

From what I saw it's actually not that bad. It's nothing like the Taisen films, there's no shoehorned in Zyuohger cameo and the only other Rider characters that show up are the Ghost cast.

Speaking of Zyuohger, a certain pirate was spotted on the set recently:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpkPa72XYAAKssh.jpg

Not sure if this is for an upcoming episode or a VS Super Sentai movie (possibily the former since Zyuohger 29 will be the 2000th episode of Super Sentai overall) but still, nice to see him back.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Aug 11, 2016

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
https://youtu.be/pzHzjPuBnQA

Watch the mach/heart trailer before it gets ripped down off youtube

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

both of those links are pro super good clicks.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
RE: that ZyuOhger thing

I guess there are rumors of every Red since Marvelous being on set?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

John McClane posted:

RE: that ZyuOhger thing

I guess there are rumors of every Red since Marvelous being on set?
Forever Red 2: Red Foreverer

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Larryb posted:

From what I saw it's actually not that bad. It's nothing like the Taisen films, there's no shoehorned in Zyuohger cameo and the only other Rider characters that show up are the Ghost cast.

Not sure if this is for an upcoming episode or a VS Super Sentai movie (possibily the former since Zyuohger 29 will be the 2000th episode of Super Sentai overall) but still, nice to see him back.

I haven't been this excited since Accel's recent appearance.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

John McClane posted:

https://youtu.be/pzHzjPuBnQA

Watch the mach/heart trailer before it gets ripped down off youtube

I'd love some subs for this but it looks awesome regardless. :holy::munch:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hate heart's giant antlers but i love the idea of him having a single adventure as a kamen rider

Greekonomics
Jun 22, 2009

Larryb posted:

Apparently we'll also be seeing some familiar faces in the summer movie too!

Also, isn't Zyuohger supposed to have its own Super Hero Year movie?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Greekonomics posted:

Apparently we'll also be seeing some familiar faces in the summer movie too!

Also, isn't Zyuohger supposed to have its own Super Hero Year movie?

Oh my god, they better get themed mechs for the Zyuohgers

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pyroi posted:

Oh my god, they better get themed mechs for the Zyuohgers

They'll probably just be brief cameos if anything (especially since I believe the guy who voiced Master Shafu is dead now).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 16, 2016

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So not only will Marvelous be making an appearence in Zyuohger apparently it's going to be a full fledged teamup with Gokaiger that will occur during the 29th and 30th episodes.

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2016/08/kaizoku-sentai-gokaiger-return-landmark-2000th-super-sentai-episode/

Also the VS Super Sentai this year is apparently going to be a Special exclusive to the DVDs, not sure what this means for the eventual movie but you can see the trailer here.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 22, 2016

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
What the gently caress has Silver done to his hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
So do the gokaigers get some new ultimate powers?

• Locked thread