Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

CFox posted:

That isn't true unless it's something in one of the very newest versions of the patch.
It did in one version, but those were changes dropped when someone provided "proof" that the ad-libs were intentionally left in by Bethesda..
The UF4P team keeps a pretty solid changelog though. So just go over it and see if you spot any changes you don't like and remove them. Or if you can't, decide if you can live with it or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Raygereio posted:

It did in one version, but those were changes dropped when someone provided "proof" that the ad-libs were intentionally left in by Bethesda..
The UF4P team keeps a pretty solid changelog though. So just go over it and see if you spot any changes you don't like and remove them. Or if you can't, decide if you can live with it or not.

"I need proof that them leaving this line in that they could have taken out or had re-done was intentional on their part."

Really... loving really... :sigh:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
The only real oddity with the ad-libs is that the lip sync is based on the text as written so they say the extra bits with their mouth closed.

It seems like the solution would be to just update the subtitles rather than crib the lines but what do I know.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
And let's not forget that this is the same guy who attached some incredibly bad voice acting to a dragon in Skyrim in the unofficial patch.

Arthmoor is one hell of a weirdo.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Gobblecoque posted:

And let's not forget that this is the same guy who attached some incredibly bad voice acting to a dragon in Skyrim in the unofficial patch.

Arthmoor is one hell of a weirdo.

he's just another in a long line of idiot modders who think that they're better than Bethesda and that they know how the game should REALLY be

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

FlyinPingu posted:

he's just another in a long line of idiot modders who think that they're better than Bethesda and that they know how the game should REALLY be

He's like the first person in that line really though.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

well yeah of course, but his particular brand of idiocy is not unique :v:

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Sometimes Nexus has good poo poo as their featured files, other times they have stuff like this: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/m...3D4753450&pUp=1.
Like it's not even well done, it just looks like a mod that was ported from Oblivion. It floats like 2 inches off the top of her shoulders but it needs body slide, what?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I like part of the description Arthmoor and his little gang made for that lovely RPG they're trying to create; they describe themselves as "veteran Elder Scrolls modders". Hey, I made a really lovely little Morrowind plugin or two years back, I'm even more of a veteran than these fuckers!

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Got a link to this RPG? Could be a fun read.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Rasmussen posted:

Got a link to this RPG? Could be a fun read.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=647892080

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Should have said it was a furry game.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
"an Indie RPG of Grizzly Proportions" :fuckoff:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Rasmussen posted:

Should have said it was a furry game.

God I hope it spawns as much drama as that furry VN on Steam.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Somebody recreated the Merc Grunt Outfit for us old FNV sweats right here.

Also, somebody else made a Enclave Remnant Invasion mod that sounded interesting but of course they are a)wearing the variants of all their power armour and are obnoxiously high level and b)the creator thought wiping out Diamond City unless you can take on a small army would be hilarious. gently caress you sometimes Nexus just gently caress you.

I don't care about the perversion or hack nature of you, but gently caress me the just plain laziness and pissing all over an interesting concept hurts me the most :smith:.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Does the Full Dialogue Interface work even for things that add their own lines of dialogue and stuff? I mean the general interface, not the full text description of what your character is going to say.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

SeanBeansShako posted:

Somebody recreated the Merc Grunt Outfit for us old FNV sweats right here.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0i90-arfyE

I just... I don't even.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Gross, time to remove that from my YouTube history.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Schubalts posted:

the what now? goddammit steam.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
Seriously, Bethesda. Product placement is not supposed to be 'subtle', but this is just ridiculous:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpxLzl4nm04

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Schubalts posted:

Isn't it Major/Minor? I know that one's causing tons of poo poo because the devs decided to release a totally new iteration and make people pay full price again or something. I doubt anything can be as big of a fuckup as that.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

there's also the pedophile one with the lizards

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I installed the lore friendly posters mod, and the wasteland workshop(?) posters disappeared. Well, I guess I won't be using that mod anymore.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Sorus posted:

Does the Full Dialogue Interface work even for things that add their own lines of dialogue and stuff? I mean the general interface, not the full text description of what your character is going to say.

With the appropriate patch (if available), yes.

For instance, I know Tales from the Commonwealth (http://3dnpc.com/2016/08/15/tales-from-the-commonwealth-v1-7) has it's own patch and works just fine ..

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Oh. drat.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Colon Semicolon posted:

Isn't it Major/Minor? I know that one's causing tons of poo poo because the devs decided to release a totally new iteration and make people pay full price again or something. I doubt anything can be as big of a fuckup as that.

Yea, it's that. From the dev literally writing their self-insert (the character EVEN HAS THE SAME NAME) as the most awesome and well-loved and famous person on the planet, all but four characters being people's actual OCs/fursonas, insulting and inciting attacks against people leaving negative reviews, getting reviews marked as "pre-release" through loving with the release date settings, restricting the Steam forum to only owners of the game and banning negative reviewers from posting, and now this same-price ~Definitive Edition Early Access Version~, it's a beautiful masterpiece of drama.

I checked up on it, since I was linked to it months ago as a joke and suddenly remembered it existed, then I saw the reviews and the drama catalogued within their comments sections and holy poo poo.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Falken posted:

I installed the lore friendly posters mod, and the wasteland workshop(?) posters disappeared. Well, I guess I won't be using that mod anymore.

I made a patch for lore friendly posters at dropbox, but most of the posters in that mod are the same posters in vanilla fallout ( ? I looked in the constructable objects in the three DLCs, and didn't see it, at least. ) the only difference is the comic book covers.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Another awesome *I speak only Japanese* Release.
Mecha assaulton thing (big wow)(Assaultron Miscellaneous Armor)

Orv
May 4, 2011
Would I need a mod to remove my helmet for conversations or can I just slap my current helmet on a hotkey and go to town?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Orv posted:

Would I need a mod to remove my helmet for conversations or can I just slap my current helmet on a hotkey and go to town?

Not seen anything like that yet, so you'll have to hotkey your helmet.

Somebody recreated the Fallout 3/FNV Merc Cruiser outfit as well!

NEW GUNS The PPSH 41!

Somebody made some WW1 themed melee weapons, a sword, trench mace and a boot knife!

Anyone want a obscene looking laser weapon that swaps places with the target for some crazy experimental stealth play?

Seriously, one unfortunate looking barrel for that thing.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Aug 21, 2016

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC
Radio mod (GNR):
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17606/

Because I know there are so many aching for Biiiig iiiiron!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Mosnar posted:

Radio mod (GNR):
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17606/

Because I know there are so many aching for Biiiig iiiiron!

Did they put that track in multiple times for Biiig Iroooon?

ScotchDK
Aug 14, 2008

mmmh, smooth...
Wow, the texture work for that PPSh 41 is lazy and bad, not mention the scaling of its size.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

ScotchDK posted:

Wow, the texture work for that PPSh 41 is lazy and bad, not mention the scaling of its size.

At least he knows and pretty much says 'heres the files, just do better if you can' unlike the Johnson LMG guy who thinks his monster his the perfect creation.

Add's the Bioshock option to eat food you find in the open straight from the ground you dirty gits.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Aug 21, 2016

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

This looks pretty neat. 10mm Rifle

Based off of a Far Harbor gun I think (not played FH yet).

e: Is there a mod that makes power armor a requirement for stuff like the minigun, laser gatling etc?

Falken fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 21, 2016

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
that would be a nerf to weapons that already kind of suck

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

General Morden posted:

I've always wanted a mod that lets me load a minigun/gattling laser onto the power armor frame itself (like how with the armor) so I least have an excuse for carrying it around.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

General Morden posted:

I think what I would have liked is if the power armor and minigun at Concord were a "taste" of things to come later in the game. Once the deathclaw is killed, the minigun breaks beyond repair, and the power armors fusion core has a malfunction, fusing itself into the connection port and basically rendering that frame useless.

Make the minigun more powerful but later on in the levelled list, and there we go. Makes no loving sense that a minigun is a crappy weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Falken posted:

I think what I would have liked is if the power armor and minigun at Concord were a "taste" of things to come later in the game. Once the deathclaw is killed, the minigun breaks beyond repair, and the power armors fusion core has a malfunction, fusing itself into the connection port and basically rendering that frame useless.

Make the minigun more powerful but later on in the levelled list, and there we go. Makes no loving sense that a minigun is a crappy weapon.

The problem with the minigun is that the damage per hit is really low, so even a small amount of armour massively reduces the damage done. Add to that the fact that the accuracy goes to poo poo after firing for about half a second and you've got something that looks good on paper but is terrible in practice.

In New Vegas they just made it so that 5mm ammo had a decent amount of armour piercing on it, so it would actually be effective against low/mid DT enemies. The damage/protection formula is weird in Fallout 4 though and I'm not sure adding AP to miniguns would really solve the fundamental issue.