Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Toshimo posted:

Is that Earth2 Lois?

It's the pre-new52 Lois, who (along with husband Clark and newborn son Jonathan) wound up somehow on the new52 Earth when it was "created", basically existing at the same time as the new52 Lois and Superman doing their thing. They (the original Lois and Clark) disguised themselves under different names (Clark and Lois White, after Perry, if I remember correctly) and stayed out of the way of the world on a farm out in the sticks, except for Clark doing some sneaky heroics when nobody was looking.

When the new52 Superman died, Clark was there and decided to step out of the shadows to become the "new" Superman, while also being the old Superman, and it's a bit awkward for both him and the Justice League because he's not the Superman they knew, and they're not the Justice League he knew.

Superman is getting very complicated these days.

e:fb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Superman is such a great book these days it's worth it to keep up though.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I tend to stay away from any comic I need to {Scene from " A Beautiful Mind" with all the interconnected news articles} to make any sense of it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's the old Superman. Does it matter how he got there? Not really.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Johnny Aztec posted:

I tend to stay away from any comic I need to {Scene from " A Beautiful Mind" with all the interconnected news articles} to make any sense of it.

The open secret of superheroes is that if the book/story is worth a drat you don't need to know all of that poo poo. It can add texture and weight, but you won't need to know it.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

Superman #5
A new Eradicator has been chasing around the new-old Superman family (Look up their Rebirth deal if you gotta.) Superman has flown them up to Batman's secret moon base.

Reminder of the crazy Hell suit Bruce had previously taken to Apokolips to beat up Darkseid and save his son:

For someone who doesn't know what the gently caress is going on and who the gently caress these characters are supposed to be (evil superman is not superman? The kid is Damien...but he's kryptonian? what the gently caress?) can I get a rundown on what is going on?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Sigma-X posted:

For someone who doesn't know what the gently caress is going on and who the gently caress these characters are supposed to be (evil superman is not superman? The kid is Damien...but he's kryptonian? what the gently caress?) can I get a rundown on what is going on?

Did you just skip the last batch of posts?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Doesn't that suit suck your life away or something?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

It's Lois Lane dressing up as Mecha Batman to punch a robot that's trying to kill her son.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Aphrodite posted:

It's Lois Lane dressing up as Mecha Batman to punch a robot that's trying to kill her son.

I was going to post that I unironically love that Eradicator design, figuring it was some new robot that was not the Eradicator.

Then I reread the original post, and holy poo poo it actually is the Eradicator, and that is a pretty boss design.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

How can you possibly mistake Sunglasses Superman for anyone else?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Endless Mike posted:

How can you possibly mistake Sunglasses Superman for anyone else?

The fact his face is all hosed up like an energy-based version of Skull Face from Phantom Pain does mislead a little, if you'd forgotten about Eradicator like I had.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

redbackground posted:

Did you just skip the last batch of posts?

I read them but given that robo superman says his mom is meat and bone I thought that meant she was dead and also did not think lois lane would dress up as batman because I don't know why she'd get batman branding, ever.

Aphrodite posted:

thanks

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I like it because I thought the original hellbat suit stuff was dumb, so this call back is making good use of something established as existing in the setting despite not liking it's original use.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Sigma-X posted:

I read them but given that robo superman says his mom is meat and bone I thought that meant she was dead and also did not think lois lane would dress up as batman because I don't know why she'd get batman branding, ever.

thanks

He's just saying she's human which is a little weird, I'm pretty sure kryptonians are also meat and bones.

Hellbat was radical, everything about Damian's return was great. Tomasi/Gleason for president.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Exit Strategy posted:

I was going to post that I unironically love that Eradicator design, figuring it was some new robot that was not the Eradicator.

I'm not familiar with Eradicator. I'm going to just assume it is this guy.

https://youtu.be/qFO1O020uyw

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Uthor posted:

I'm not familiar with Eradicator. I'm going to just assume it is this guy.

https://youtu.be/qFO1O020uyw

he's not?!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's honestly not that far off

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Sigma-X posted:

I read them but given that robo superman says his mom is meat and bone I thought that meant she was dead

No it actually meant she is a delicious barbecue entree

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sigma-X posted:

I read them but given that robo superman says his mom is meat and bone I thought that meant she was dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcG8iCBKmAw

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Aphrodite posted:

It's the old Superman. Does it matter how he got there? Not really.

It does not. It's ridiculous and convoluted and I love everything about it.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
So I haven't read anything about it besides what's in this thread but judging by that suit, did the writers of Batman just decide to unironically make him into Azrael for an arc or three?

(Lois jacking into Batman's moon lair to borrow the keys to his supersuit and beat down the eradicator is pretty cool, though.)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

PFlats posted:

So I haven't read anything about it besides what's in this thread but judging by that suit, did the writers of Batman just decide to unironically make him into Azrael for an arc or three?

(Lois jacking into Batman's moon lair to borrow the keys to his supersuit and beat down the eradicator is pretty cool, though.)

It was made by the rest of the League for Batman to be able to do more in major emergencies. He took it to beat up Darksied and bring Damian back to life.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You should take a look at the suit he made just in case he'd ever have to fight a turned evil Justice League all at once (Batman: Endgame)
Batman stating that his anti-Superman gauntlets contained ten miniaturized red suns in the knuckles is Scott Snyder's high accomplishment.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 22, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It doesn't make sense, the whole point of the red sun thing is that it pushes out yellow sunlight and Supes doesn't get powers from it. It'd be way more effective it was a ray or something instead of punching it into him.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There's also the part with procuring and the shrinking ten suns.
If you need sense, you might want to get out of this whole comic books thing while you can.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hey, the tiny suns I can buy. I just want the internal logic to be consistent and not just Scott Snyder skimming Superman's wikipedia page and going "oh, he's weak to red suns, okay Batman punches him with red suns"

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Wouldn't that be a lot of mass, tiny or no?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It could just be that the knuckles are infused with red solar energy and aren't literal tiny stars. It's been forever since I read that issue, though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Did someone say red knuckles?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lurdiak posted:

People get weird as poo poo about Sonic the Hedgehog.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

People get weird as poo poo about Sonic the Hedgehog.

That's in the new Deus Ex as a real in-world game.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Why are there only two Knuckles on the poster?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Skwirl posted:

Why are there only two Knuckles on the poster?

No, no, the knuckles & knuckles refer to the two knuckles in the emblem, the & knuckles is plural and refers to the knuckles scattered around the background. :pseudo:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Linking a simple picture? For shame...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glTnjGmjTcQ

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
People joke about Batman spending his money on toys to beat up the mentally ill instead of giving Gotham's homeless jobs, but when he can procure miniaturized red suns, you get past that and start wondering why he hasn't turned Earth into a post-scarcity utopia.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
"You can procure miniature red suns on demand and you're using it to punch Superman? But with wealth like that, you could cure cancer!"

"But I don't want to cure cancer. I want to punch Superman."

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Sure, he could cure cancer, but when Superman gets mind controlled and needs to be punched, the world would be poo poo out of luck.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Does that mean that miniaturized red suns need to be consumed to cure cancer? What would you know that WickedHate? WHAT AREN'T YOU TELLING US ABOUT THE CURE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Look, just because there's technically a not zero chance I'm an immortal alien angel from hyper-heaven secretly observing mortals to see if their worthy of blessing doesn't mean we should leap to conclusions, alright?