Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I'm guessing the side scrolling prequel game still isn't coming out until the full game is? I just assumed it would be a code for a download you get a game stop when you pick up the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Hey what about that phone game? I remember someone listing release dates before but I swear at least Android's was supposed to be by now.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Despite the newest episode being about Ignis (sort of), I came away from it still feeling rather in the dark on the guy. We know the family situation and the past of every character at this point and how that relates to their character, except for that guy. I think he's supposed to be an immigrant from outside Lucis? I'unno.

On the other hand, we got a bigger showing for Noctis and I have to say I'm really liking him as a character. He's sort of a spoiled, messy little poo poo who tries to reject the burdens of the royalty and its duties, but he's not rejecting it because he's a spoiled little poo poo, ignorant of the world - he's doing it because he is aware and knows exactly what his dad is doing, what he will have to do, and see how it's quickly destroying his dad, who he dearly loves. He's both proud of his dad for being the king and his accomplishments and of what he is doing, while simultaneously hating the fact that his dad is king and tries to distance himself from him just so that he can't see his dad just getting worse and worse. Noctis just wants to be a normal kid with a mom and dad.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Noctis is an artiste.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Don't mock his sensitive, fragile soul!!

https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/766355118677778432

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I will download this dlc

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

there arent swimsuits in the base game? what the gently caress

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

what are they going to wear in the beach episode?

giffan
Jul 10, 2012

Never even crossed my mind but I'm 110% on board

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
If the stats are good, I'll wear whatever you want me to.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

8-bit Miniboss posted:

If the stats are good, I'll wear whatever you want me to.

Emperor's New Outfit

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Alder posted:

Emperor's New Outfit

Sign me up.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I hope swimsuit DLC comes with the photo mode patch then. It makes awkward cutscenes so much better.

Gemcrim
May 26, 2014

Straight outta Sumaru
Does anyone plan to see Kingsglaive at the NYC AMC Empire 25 today? Can't see until tomorrow but I bought two tickets preemptively for 7:35 PM. Can provide the QR code and order confirmation think the kiosk accepts order confirmation number (not sure if you need anything else). If anyone wants to try using this PM me and I'll send a screenshot and scan of what I have (not sure about the logistics of this so I apologize if it doesn't work out).

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/766704251800215552

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Same

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Brilliant

Brilliant

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

True

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Crunch time is rough on game developers

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

fivegears4reverse posted:

Crunch time is rough on game developers

https://twitter.com/FFXVJP/status/767011331950125056

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

comedy platinum

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

when you need to finish making your jrpg but you remember that bees are dying globally at an alarming rate

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Whether the game is good or bad, I really hope everyone involved with its production goes on a long, quiet vacation in the countryside somewhere.

Mug of hot tea and warm dog to pet.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The English voice cast.

It does contain some spoilery bits so beware.

Terper fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 22, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Who the hell's Adam Croasdell, that's not Gideon Emery

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Gonna be real honest, I never heard him as Emery.

Luna's also gotten a bit of a redesign since Uncovered.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Her face is more angular, seems like. Makes her look like more of a hardass.

I'm cool with this.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
She has less of anime sameface, which is good.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Looks like she has a bruise on her shoulder now or something

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Augus posted:

Looks like she has a bruise on her shoulder now or something

Her clothes are ripped and she's got a small scar on her face as well.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Gotta watch out for slight bruising when fighting giant fuckoff eidolons.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/26/final-fantasy-xv-open-world-first-half-second-half-linear/
“The entire game structure for Final Fantasy XV consists of both open-world and linear parts,” said Tabata. “The first half keeps going as an open-world, but the story in the second half’s is led by a linear path. That way, you won’t get bored of an open-world as the rest of the game gets tightened up, so we made it in a way that you’ll also get to advance through it as you have in conventional Final Fantasy games. If you play through the first half and only the main route of the second half, I believe the estimated play-time sits at around 40 to 50 hours.”

Yay, hopefully. I feel better reading that it does gain structure.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Sure, what the hell, as long as there's structure.

My most optimistic hope for this game is that it feels like a finished, coherent product and not a shambling Frankenstein's monster of CGI and flashbacks.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

MrLonghair posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/26/final-fantasy-xv-open-world-first-half-second-half-linear/
“The entire game structure for Final Fantasy XV consists of both open-world and linear parts,” said Tabata. “The first half keeps going as an open-world, but the story in the second half’s is led by a linear path. That way, you won’t get bored of an open-world as the rest of the game gets tightened up, so we made it in a way that you’ll also get to advance through it as you have in conventional Final Fantasy games. If you play through the first half and only the main route of the second half, I believe the estimated play-time sits at around 40 to 50 hours.”

Yay, hopefully. I feel better reading that it does gain structure.

that structure sounds amazing and is literally what I've wanted from an open world game, word for word, since the genre was popularized

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'd like to stress what he says here:

"If you play through the first half and only the main route of the second half, I believe the estimated play-time sits at around 40 to 50 hours."

So it doesn't stop having optional side content.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Terper posted:

I'd like to stress what he says here:

"If you play through the first half and only the main route of the second half, I believe the estimated play-time sits at around 40 to 50 hours."

So it doesn't stop having optional side content.

I feel the meaning is that the first half of the game is more open form "Quest for the Tombs and power up Noctis, while also following Luna's leads." And then presumably at the mid-game, You'll have all the weapons and met up with Luna and then you're given very clear destinations.

EDIT: This is not stopping some people from losing their minds in despair.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/769181951597092864

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
But why?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Onmi posted:

EDIT: This is not stopping some people from losing their minds in despair.

Losing their minds that a FF game is... at least partially linear with some optional sidequests?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

ImpAtom posted:

Losing their minds that a FF game is... at least partially linear with some optional sidequests?

"Oh my god, they couldn't keep up the open world, that's proof the game is a failure!"

• Locked thread