Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Octopode posted:

Keep in mind that the feeds being shown were being filtered through a video mixing suite to accomplish things like the picture in picture and view changes. It's possible what you're seeing is from that video suite dropping or interpolating frames that were fed to it, rather than present in the original images being fed to it, but there's not really a good way to tell if that's the case without more information.

Careful. You might slip back into full shillizen mode too.

edit: Shillizen Tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Octopode becomes almost reasonable as MoMa backslides months. What have you done, thread?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

thatguy posted:

Responding to MoMA is never worth it because he always just says some dumb bullshit and when someone calls him out for it he disappears for a couple days.

My disappearances are due to actual work or real life occurrences that take much more of a precedent than anything happening on a dead gay comedy forum's thread in which the OP is massively trolled beyond-belief.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

My disappearances are due to actual work or real life occurrences that take much more of a precedent than anything happening on a dead gay comedy forum's thread in which the OP is massively trolled beyond-belief.

Lol ... "real life."

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

We do unironically need a new OP that has all the funny stuff in it and not just D_Smart's picture 10 times.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

It seems morale at work has increased since the Gamescom demo :D Got any refund stats? Have they lessened?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Lol ... "real life."

Nice use of that spaced-ellipsis!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Daztek posted:

It seems morale at work has increased since the Gamescom demo :D Got any refund stats? Have they lessened?

My employer doesn't really deal with the 'refund-space.'

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
MoMA why have you lost your chill

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TTerrible posted:

Help me get my chill back!

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Hav posted:

I'm also suspicious when things happen that aren't narrated - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8AzNjLqyX8&t=463s - why am I flying through a hoop here?

Assuming an actual underlying system underneath this, the hoop is probably the instance transition point between "system" and "planet". The same way ED does it when dropping from Frame Shift Drive into Orbital Drive, or No Mans Sky does when you break through the cloud layer. The only game I can recall that actually did system scale to planet for real without a transition is Rodina. And hilariously when they tried to land their SC ship on even moderately bumpy terrain, it looked exactly like in Rodina doing the same - except in Rodina the ramp dynamically extends so you can (almost) always get back in the ship (guess CIG never got around to thinking "what if our ships have to land on something that isn't 100% perfectly flat hangar floor").

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?
:parrot:

TTerrible posted:

That feature hasn't been implemented yet.

:gary:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ManofManyAliases posted:

Help me get my chill back!

The first step on the road to finding your posting chill is to work out why you lost it. You were making good/funny posts even after the iron clad TOS you defended for weeks got eaten alive and some of the biggest refunds this thread has even seen were celebrated. What has made you angrypost again?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Jst0rm posted:

pre recorded with edits on whip pans. Classic picture editorial move. This thing is fake fake fake

and poo poo done I might add.

I suppose it helps when you have ludicrous amounts of motion blur to hide behind.

On an unrelated note, I wonder why this game has ludicrous amounts of motion blur when no-one ever seems to think that this is a good effect in actual gameplay.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Just watching the video. The space combat is worse than NMS.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nice use of that spaced-ellipsis!

I love you, weird grammatical nonsense and all :glomp:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

I dont know why the music for a rickroll came to my head while watching this great gif.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

My employer doesn't really deal with the 'refund-space.'

Sorry, I meant 'takebacks'

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

MilesK posted:

What do you plan to do in the 'Verse?

I've got a multitude of choices, commando.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TTerrible posted:

The first step on the road to finding your posting chill is to work out why you lost it. You were making good/funny posts even after the iron clad TOS you defended for weeks got eaten alive and some of the biggest refunds this thread has even seen were celebrated. What has made you angrypost again?

Some folks in here are more smug than I.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Lobus posted:

That feature hasn't been implemented yet.

:gary:

It has. It just hasn't been enabled yet; I just need to flip a switch.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
And so is the FPS parts.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

I've got a multitude of choices, commando.

I'll grow your space weed if you mix me up some Hairy Roberts's.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

It has. It just hasn't been enabled yet; I just need to flip a switch.

People have been saying this a lot lately, but I'm glad your posting got good. We'll get you a gangtag yet, MoMA.

(And then we'll let you into the inner circle so you can learn our secret plans to destroy CIG. We can trust you right? :ohdear:)

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Thanks to Ewe2 for the tunes!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf6MSKdhzhg

The syncing goes out at the end but this was that broken vid file that SC somehow managed to corrupt :psyduck:

This is fantastic.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beet Wagon posted:

People have been saying this a lot lately, but I'm glad your posting got good. We'll get you a gangtag yet, MoMA.

(And then we'll let you into the inner circle so you can learn our secret plans to destroy CIG. We can trust you right? :ohdear:)

Scouts' honor.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

Way to not respond to anyone calling you out on your bullshit while simultaneously making a dozen bad posts.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

ManofManyAliases posted:

Lol ... "millionaire."

what's a matter, you don't like that the free market might have blessed Derek with such a big nest-egg?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Remember when - you used to type - like this? But then - you got called out on it - and now you don't - anymore?

Good - times.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Scouts' honor.

It's "Scout's Honour", you loving knuckledragger.

Your posting is getting better though.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

So Christ Roberts locked you in the office until 3.0 was complete?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

A Neurotic Jew posted:

what's a matter, you don't like that the free market might have blessed Derek with such a big nest-egg?

Nice egging, but I'm not going there. Anyone can search public records with the best of them...

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Octopode: you best get busy learning from MoMA how to a better SC shill in this thread.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd_GOEMz3og

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Xaerael posted:

It's "Scout's Honour", you loving knuckledragger.

Your posting is getting better though.

Source your quotes.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Might have accidentally just doxxed MoMA. Sorry.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

thatguy posted:

Way to not respond to anyone calling you out on your bullshit while simultaneously making a dozen bad posts.
Well at least you two have something in common.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Ash1138 posted:

if you're disappointed that no mans sky didn't live up to your hype based on the videos they presented at tradeshows, here is another video game's tradeshow video to get hyped about

this time will be different i swear!!!!

it's not different at all is it steve

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Well at least you two have something in common.
Space Court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line
edit: nope.

zcrow fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 22, 2016

• Locked thread