Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Maybe you should not play this game any more if you feel that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Maybe they should release good maps like badlands, granary, freight, coldfront, warmfront, well, et al.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

I'm open to the possibility that it's a bad map, but I'd like to hear it from someone who knows the names of the maps.

I'm open to the probability that it is a bad map based on the maps Blizzard has made in the past. Well most of the koth maps are good.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

strong bird posted:

Maybe they should release good maps like badlands, granary, freight, coldfront, warmfront, well, et al.

Granary, freight and both fronts are poo poo.

Badlands / Process / Snakewater / Asheville supremecy.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

strong bird posted:

Boo me for wanting to have one good map in this game

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I wish FPS games still let people design their own maps.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
They responded to my silence!

This is what got me silenced:

"Toxic Player posted:

2016-08-21 22:20:27 yeah but yuopu're junk
2016-08-21 22:24:00 how is it my fault our dps doesn't know how to shoot the enemy
2016-08-21 22:24:28 wow switchbld toxic

Edit: Was referring to Junkrat, not calling the player junk.

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I wish FPS games still let people design their own maps.
But then this happens.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Community maps aren't canon

e: Unless they're good, in which case they are

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Jastiger posted:

Why did they tell you what you said and not me when I asked? =/

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Probably because they found nothing.What was the response? They told me, which was pretty much a list of times I swore.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Duck and Cover posted:

Probably because they found nothing. They told me, which was pretty much a list of times I swore.

This just makes me even more sure that the system really is automated and I got flooded with reports for Torbjorning.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Verranicus posted:

Because in my report I told them I made it a point not to use the chat function a lot.

This one seems to be really grasping.

I remember that game, I was Zarya and they were mad about our Zarya not tanking enough so I mentioned I was gold in dmg (this is Quickplay remember). That was the next line I said with their lines cut out from between.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Verranicus posted:

This just makes me even more sure that the system really is automated and I got flooded with reports for Torbjorning.

No according to the internet Blizzard has great customer service you must have been a monster.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Almost saved the day until a Reinhardt threw me off the balcony :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqpJjBk_wvM

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Jastiger posted:

Because in my report I told them I made it a point not to use the chat function a lot.

This one seems to be really grasping.

I remember that game, I was Zarya and they were mad about our Zarya not tanking enough so I mentioned I was gold in dmg (this is Quickplay remember). That was the next line I said with their lines cut out from between.

No one cares. Stop using the chat feature to critique your team or teammates, it's not hard. Especially in QP, for christ's sake.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Kai Tave posted:

Letting Symmetra pre-place the teleporter would be a nice QoL improvement but it wouldn't really address the fundamental issues with a character whose usefulness lives and dies by whether or not you can hang onto the first point or not, and whose utility flatly gets worse the further back you're pushed. It also doesn't really help matters that once you start playing against people who even halfway know what they're doing that your teleporter has greater odds of being sought out and destroyed than it does of whisking six of your dead teammates back into the fray.

Ok I've got it.

Completely remove the TP as her ult. Instead give her an emplaced gun that when placed, she gets into the gunner seat, the gun has 2K shields that don't regen on the front arc only, the turret can rotate 360, the turret shots lasers like some pew pew star wars poo poo, think bastion levels of dps. Turret deconstructs when the shield is destroyed or after ~6-8 seconds, Sym pops out to laser chainsaw or whatever at that point.

Depending on how that's implemented you'd just have an ult that's "turret mode bastion with a shield" but with the right HP, low activation time, and higher survivability than bastion I think it could be a workable Ultimate that by it's very nature won't suck dick the closer you get to your own spawn like the TP does. (and who doesn't like shooting poo poo)

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I think slow and steady is probably a good move for Blizzard to take with rebalancing. There are just so many knock-on effects from a given change with 22 characters that taking the time to see how they work out and gather a lot of data on the changes seems smart to me.

In addition, changing things too fast is just a pain for people who are new or don't care about patch notes (though Blizzard is at least good enough to put those front and center).

The balance is never going to be perfect but "good enough that the majority of players don't notice" seems to be the aim, which is as probably as good as you can hope for in a game as asymmetric as this.

Incremental balance and lots of time for the game to settle between patches is how you actually fix things, but it doesn't get people excited or make them feel empowered because that character they hated got turned into trash / the character they loved is suddenly god-tier. Blizzard balance is a circus when it should be a bunch of accountants.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
haha i love when streamers get tilted.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

strong bird posted:

Well sucks.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Jastiger posted:

If that's what gets you silenced I'm due for a fuckin execution any day now

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Papercut posted:

No one cares. Stop using the chat feature to critique your team or teammates, it's not hard. Especially in QP, for christ's sake.

This post is too negative please edit it to be more in line with what I want thank you.

mcvey posted:

If that's what gets you silenced I'm due for a fuckin execution any day now

It's what Blizzard claims when you push the subject. In reality it's just upsetting enough players to the point where they report you. Enough reports? Auto silence.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 22, 2016

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Ahhpple posted:

Well sucks.

Anyone remember cp_roswell? That was cool and would fit in overwatch

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Duck and Cover posted:

This post is too negative please edit it to be more in lines with what I want thank you.

Why are you so TOXIC

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!

Ahhpple posted:

Anyone remember cp_roswell? That was cool and would fit in overwatch

Only if the announcer is replaced by a text-to-speech program for that map only.

WE ARE IN THE BEAM.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

strong bird posted:

the new map is on the test client + new brawl (the brawl is the map)

Cool, one more level up for a loot box then ptr time.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

mcvey posted:

Why are you so TOXIC

That line was used as justification for silencing so you better be careful. :tinfoil:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Zephyrine posted:

I am a notably terrible newbie player but a healer that decided to follow me made things work out. Probably the most intense game of Overwatch I've ever played.

Notable content:
D.Va losing mech to dumb things
zero suit D.Va being powered up by Ana
Reinhardt hugs mech after Victory.
Stereotypical Torbjörn play of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=war4DqEptvg

Apparently the video was set private but It's fixed now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=war4DqEptvg

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFjhjAKlYaw

:unsmith: quad kill from half court

followed by the enemy team countering with a Zarya/Dva wombo of their own :v:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
New map is awesome. So much vertical gameplay :allears:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

FAUXTON posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFjhjAKlYaw

:unsmith: quad kill from half court

followed by the enemy team countering with a Zarya/Dva wombo of their own :v:

a modest 'yesssss' to oneself is a more appropriate response than screeching into the mic, for the enjoyment of your viewers...

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Other problem with buffing the defense characters aside from frustrating lower levels of play is several of them have comparatively low skill demands. Characters like that are a good thing to have because they let weaker players have a way to participate, but if a potato can play the class, they shouldn't be getting results commensurate with the guy who has to click a moving pixel at 40 yards. Torb, Bastion, and Junkrat are all pretty undemanding. Obviously Widow is a major exception but snipers are an idiot legacy mechanic that should be dumpstered forever.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Totally TWISTED posted:

Ok I've got it.

Completely remove the TP as her ult. Instead give her an emplaced gun that when placed, she gets into the gunner seat, the gun has 2K shields that don't regen on the front arc only, the turret can rotate 360, the turret shots lasers like some pew pew star wars poo poo, think bastion levels of dps. Turret deconstructs when the shield is destroyed or after ~6-8 seconds, Sym pops out to laser chainsaw or whatever at that point.

Depending on how that's implemented you'd just have an ult that's "turret mode bastion with a shield" but with the right HP, low activation time, and higher survivability than bastion I think it could be a workable Ultimate that by it's very nature won't suck dick the closer you get to your own spawn like the TP does. (and who doesn't like shooting poo poo)

How about her ultimate creates like 3 invulnerable clones of herself that all do max chainsaw damage, and the only way to stop it is to either wait out the timer or kill the real Symmetra?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

a modest 'yesssss' to oneself is a more appropriate response than screeching into the mic, for the enjoyment of your viewers...

That guy should probably sit back from his mic a little / turn down the gain, but I like the enthusiasm. v:shobon:v

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Other problem with buffing the defense characters aside from frustrating lower levels of play is several of them have comparatively low skill demands. Characters like that are a good thing to have because they let weaker players have a way to participate, but if a potato can play the class, they shouldn't be getting results commensurate with the guy who has to click a moving pixel at 40 yards. Torb, Bastion, and Junkrat are all pretty undemanding. Obviously Widow is a major exception but snipers are an idiot legacy mechanic that should be dumpstered forever.

Junkrat doesn't belong in that category at all, Torb is a bit of a mix, and you didn't mention Mei.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Snazzy Frocks posted:

:q:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Papercut posted:

Actually finding out about what stupid flags Blizz has set for auto-silences/suspensions is more interesting than hearing people cry about not getting X summer skin for the umpteenth time. Thanks and god bless.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I just realized -- we have plenty of characters that use vertical mobility so they're better or worse depending on how many available routes they have on a given map, right? Why not the opposite? I think the Torj buff no one's thought of is to install strategic very small Torj-doors that only he can run through.

f1av0r
Jan 13, 2008
What do you guys think about replacing Symetra's ultimate with some kind of Chung-Li flash kick ultimate. As she's kicking opponents to death, any currently dead ally portals out of the carnage (of her kicks). And then replace road hogs ultimate with E-Honda slap fists

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Verranicus posted:

Actually finding out about what stupid flags Blizz has set for auto-silences/suspensions is more interesting than hearing people cry about not getting X summer skin for the umpteenth time. Thanks and god bless.

Eh I don't want it to be another whine thread, but the skin thing IS obnoxious.

I am just so surprised at the lovely reasoning they have for the silence and the lovely response. Also their Code of Conduct and EULA STILL doesn't have any guidelines on this.

Edit: It looks like the Code of Conduct has been updated 4 days ago:

Code of Conduct posted:

Communication

When participating in communication of any kind (chat, voice communication, group finder), you are responsible for how you express yourself. You may not use language that could be offensive or vulgar to others.

Hate speech and discriminatory language is inappropriate, as is any obscene or disruptive language. Threatening or harassing another player is always unacceptable, regardless of language used. Violating any of these expectations will result in account restrictions. More serious and repeated violations will result in greater restrictions.

It is broad enough to mean "anything and everything".

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

NmareBfly posted:

I just realized -- we have plenty of characters that use vertical mobility so they're better or worse depending on how many available routes they have on a given map, right? Why not the opposite? I think the Torj buff no one's thought of is to install strategic very small Torj-doors that only he can run through.

poo poo, I forgot about crouching. Back to the drawing torj-board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax

f1av0r posted:

What do you guys think about replacing Symetra's ultimate with some kind of Chung-Li flash kick ultimate. As she's kicking opponents to death, any currently dead ally portals out of the carnage (of her kicks). And then replace road hogs ultimate with E-Honda slap fists

That's already Winston's ult.