Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Zoness posted:

my favorite water pokemon are vaporeon, tentacruel, and starmie and their shiny sprites look like abominations unto nature

Sorry, but I think all those shinies at good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

nice alolan ninetales

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

i have a shiny phantump who is very nice, and a shiny audino who is not offensive. i had a shiny oddish and ninetales on some gen 3 cart but they're gone now

rest in peace

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Bakalakadaka posted:

My favorite shinies are haxorus and mega gardevoir. My shiny victreebell is the Pokemon I hate the most even though it's an improvement over the weepinbell I caught it as.

It's cool that bw2 give you a shiny haxorus as reward for simply seeing everything in the 'dex.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

that ivy guy posted:

It's cool that bw2 give you a shiny haxorus as reward for simply seeing everything in the 'dex.

I will have to get mine with mm breeding after I get my shiny charm from completing the Dex in AS

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
If I got an old cartridge and transferred pokemon over to ORAS through pokemon bank, they would not have the blue pentagon correct?

If I was going for event pokemon that I will not be able to collect the rest of this year, which older game would be the most bang for my buck?

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

that ivy guy posted:

Shiny Haxorus is so goddamn metal it should be Dragon/Steel and holy poo poo I just realized I'll be able to use mine again with Hyper Training! Pretty sure I reset til I got Adamant or Jolly or whatever is good for Haxorus. She's been sitting in my Bank for forever.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dunban posted:

Exciting new Sun & Moon gameplay footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jgZhBxhyQA

what a hugge dogge

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Shiny Croagunk is a beautiful blue boy I won't hear a bad word against him.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Shiny Croagunk is a beautiful blue boy I won't hear a bad word against him.

My shiny Toxicroak agrees

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

sharrrk posted:

nice alolan ninetales

Will shiny Alolan Ninetales be yellow?

That would be a fun way to play mindgames with people since their models are probably the closest of the Alolan/Normal forms.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
I'm going through soulsilver on a fresh save, and I'm starting to catch all the legendaries. I already got the extremespeed dratini, is there anything else I should get that can't be gotten in black or x?
Those are the only other pokemon games I own, so I'm missing stuff from BW2 and ORAS.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

That would be a fun way to play mindgames with people since their models are probably the closest of the Alolan/Normal forms.

have you ever used a ghost type arceus named arceus-dark

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Zoness posted:

have you ever used a ghost type arceus named arceus-dark

i feel like using arceus is sacrilegious tbh.

also I've never played Ubers and try to use as few legendaries as I can get away with. I've played OU for 3 gens and only ever used Zapdos, Terrakion and Mew.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i have no hesitations using my good friend thundurus. very strong, and very tricky

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

oddium posted:

i have no hesitations using my good friend thundurus. very strong, and very tricky

thudurus is an abomination.

really that goes for all the genies. dumb pallet swap idiots, the lot of them.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I love pretty much all gen V Pokemon

But every gen V legendary can gently caress off and die

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zore posted:

hey now, they have slightly different tails too

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
ubers is my favorite format so v:shobon:v

but mostly because i get to use my favorite bird, ho-oh.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Zore posted:

lando looks bad but thundurus pulls it off. the other one is there too

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i like regenerator so I'm a fan of tornadus-T by default even if I hate the genies.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

my greatest pokemon achievement was when i caught tornadus the first time i saw him with a single quick ball

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Tornadus? I think you mean Tornanus

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

A5Z4X Y43ENQ AH8KK

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Zore posted:

I do wonder how the species clause that most battling formats follow will deal with Alolan forms, as they're so different from the regular forms that they function like different Pokémon. Would you be able to use an Alolan Ninetales alongside its regular counterpart in an official match?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

oddium posted:

A5Z4X Y43ENQ AH8KK

I didn't have time to go to Gamestop recently, so thanks for the Arceus!

Zuzie posted:

I do wonder how the species clause that most battling formats follow will deal with Alolan forms, as they're so different from the regular forms that they function like different Pokémon. Would you be able to use an Alolan Ninetales alongside its regular counterpart in an official match?

Rotom-A is a fairly different form than Rotom, but you're still only allowed to use one Rotom. So it'll probably still be in place.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 22, 2016

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Zuzie posted:

How does it currently work for Wormadam? I'm pretty sure it only lets you use 1. Thats probably the closest to Alolan forms we have as 1 pokedex entry but three forms with different stats/movepools and typing that can't transform.

Zore fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 22, 2016

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
You can't use a male and female meowstic together and it upsets me.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Disargeria posted:

You can't use a male and female meowstic together and it upsets me.

You can't use both Basculins either despite having completely different abilities.

Pokemon is weird and arbitrary with all the form stuff.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why would you ever use Basculin though

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Why would you ever use Basculin though

Love. Honor. Self-determination.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
It's probably better than Seaking within its tier.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Dear Gamefreak,

Please make Unown actually usable, because Unown is cool as heck and it makes me sad that it's basically only nominally a pokemon.

Thanks,
The Lord of Hats

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
if you spell the first 5 letters of another pokemon's name with your unown and then put that pokemon in your 6th slot it becomes your dad

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Watching some of those kids catching shinies in gameboy, wouldn't soft resetting cause problems on your cartridge. I base this vague notion on eeprom write/rewrite limitations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
gamexplain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QUEDNZJjZE

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

Dear Gamefreak,

Please make UnownLedian actually usable, because UnownLedian is cool as heck and it makes me sad that it's basically only nominally a pokemon.

Thanks,
The Lord of Hats

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
screw ledian, give ARIADOS some (more) love

at least ledian is like the only ladybug. ariados can't even be the coolest spider out there because there's a cool as heck electric spider.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 22, 2016

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Zoness posted:

screw ledian, give ARIADOS some (more) love

Ariados is bad too, but Ariados actually has something resembling a movepool and attack stats. It is bad, but totally usable in game.

Ledian is not.

To put in perspective, Ledian's Special Attack is lower than Ariados'. And Ariados has a lovely Special Attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Also, would using repeat balls offer a higher catch percentage than an ultra.