Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

Finder is trash i have just switched to using spotlight as file management, and it seems apple is going towards that with the siri integration. I know there are some third party finder replacements maybe try one of them? And i haven't had any connection probs since the Mavericks point release that replaced i think discoveryd with the legacy system.

I got this problem where i have a 5ghz AC network and a 2.4ghz N extender broadcasting the same SSID and it sometimes connects to the weak AC connection instead of prioritizing the stronger N one but I think that is probably more a problem with the lease time on my network

:nerd:

Banging it today :page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Why isn't nerd an emoticon? Lowtax?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I never realized the idiot bitch fear of being "a phone janitor" was so pervasive and caused so many people to overpay for hot garbage

but but in this wild anecdote I'm making up about how android phones require ten hours of debugging to even turn on iphone is superior
:qqsay:

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.
I chickened out on making a long trade. But made a little money. Chart is pointing down...

08/16/2016 11:18:47 Bought 2 AAPL Sep 9 2016 110.0 Put @ 1.97

-405.54 ---

08/19/2016 09:47:58 Sold 2 AAPL Sep 9 2016 110.0 Put @ 2.63

514.45 ---

08/19/2016 10:59:26 Bought 2 AAPL Sep 9 2016 110.0 Put @ 1.97

-405.54 ---

08/22/2016 09:51:38 Sold 2 AAPL Sep 09 2016 110.0 Put @ 2.27

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Fat Shat Sings posted:

but but in this wild anecdote I'm making up about how android phones require ten hours of debugging to even turn on iphone is superior

Also let me tell you about my experiences with Windows 98, lol blue screen!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

Chart is pointing down...

Technical Analysis is some bullshit on the level of reading tea leaves to determine the future, h t h

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I never realized the idiot bitch fear of being "a phone janitor" was so pervasive and caused so many people to overpay for hot garbage

Why does it bother you so much?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Android and iOs are both lovely garbage OSes, they're just poo poo in different and opposing ways.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Moridin920 posted:

Technical Analysis is some bullshit on the level of reading tea leaves to determine the future, h t h
It's possible to do good technical analysis. You read your tea leaves or whatever, then do rigorous statistical analysis to determine whether it's actually predictive. Dismissing verifiable technical analysis is just as silly as looking for "head and shoulders" in price charts or whatever nonsense.

That said I don't think anyone in this thread has done such analysis so y'all suck.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

opus111 posted:

Why does it bother you so much?

people supporting objectively bad things because of slick marketing while being smug about it is a pet peeve of mine

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It's possible to do good technical analysis. You read your tea leaves or whatever, then do rigorous statistical analysis to determine whether it's actually predictive. Dismissing verifiable technical analysis is just as silly as looking for "head and shoulders" in price charts or whatever nonsense.

That said I don't think anyone in this thread has done such analysis so y'all suck.

lol

there's like 2 indicators that can maybe be worth something just as a data point. what's verifiable TA to you?

quote:

You read your tea leaves or whatever, then do rigorous statistical analysis to determine whether it's actually predictive.

back tracking is bullshit too

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I work a six figgie job and my job gives me whatever is the newest iphone whenever it comes out and then I use that.

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fat Shat Sings posted:

people supporting objectively bad things because of slick marketing while being smug about it is a pet peeve of mine

The only slick marketing going on is the one that convinced me to buy an Android as my first smartphone and endure constant frustration instead of buying the objectively superior iPhone.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Just lol if youre enough of a prole that you have to actively decide on and think about how and what phone, computer, internet connection or car to purchase and pay for and use.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Zidrooner posted:

The only slick marketing going on is the one that convinced me to buy an Android as my first smartphone and endure constant frustration instead of buying the objectively superior iPhone.

sorry about your bad opinions

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my phone is waterproof and that's basically all the argument i need until Apple decides to get with it and make their phone better instead of taking features away and making it worse

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I wish I only spent 10 hours trying to get an s5 out of a reboot loop. And yay now I have Samsungs lovely KIES software infecting my laptop, despite using a cleanser to uninstall it and it still managed to interfere with the low level software I needed to use. Which still didn't work.

Android garbage
Samsung garbage
"Powerusers" dummies

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
how the gently caress do you spend 10 hours trying to get it out of a reboot loop

pull the battery to hard reset and if it is still rebooting after that then connect to PC and do a factory wipe/reinstall

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

EL BROMANCE posted:

I wish I only spent 10 hours trying to get an s5 out of a reboot loop. And yay now I have Samsungs lovely KIES software infecting my laptop, despite using a cleanser to uninstall it and it still managed to interfere with the low level software I needed to use. Which still didn't work.

Android garbage
Samsung garbage
"Powerusers" dummies

sorry about your inability to use basic technology, it makes sense why you own an iphone

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Fat Shat Sings posted:

sorry about your inability to use basic technology, it makes sense why you own an iphone

I use an iphone and I am retarded and drool on myself.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Darth123123 posted:

I have an app,e tv. It came out before sling I think? Anyways it's never turned on now that I have dish network. Let's start a cable vs sat arguement !

I have cable, I can watch tv when it's cloudy.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Minimalist Program posted:

I use an iphone and I am retarded and drool on myself.

thank you for your honesty

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Darth123123 posted:

Let's start a cable vs sat arguement !

easy, they're both for dumb idiots

next

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I gave my wife an iphone 6s for her birthday because she would get mad if I got her a non-iphone, since she likes to use facetime to talk to her parents a couple of times a week.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
sever

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
skype does the same thing

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I stuff my phone up my rear end when I facetime.

Asstime me anytime

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah but it's not hard coded into the os and therefore idiots can't comprehend how to use it.

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've been in the habit of watching weirdos destroy phones on youtube lately. The latest iPhones take 30 minutes to over an hour of submersion to show damage or die, depending on depth, as opposed to the less than 10 minutes of previous versions.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

notZaar posted:

Yeah but it's not hard coded into the os and therefore idiots can't comprehend how to use it.

This is pretty much the case with my idiot wife.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zidrooner posted:

I've been in the habit of watching weirdos destroy phones on youtube lately. The latest iPhones take 30 minutes to over an hour of submersion to show damage or die, depending on depth, as opposed to the less than 10 minutes of previous versions.

It's not magic, it's because the newer 6S version uses more conformal coating to protecting the electronics from water.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i have 0 problem with that as long as people admit they pay a premium for ease of use things like that. and yeah Apple's hardware is usually pretty slick.

it's just when people get all smug about their iPhone that's when it's annoying

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Darth123123 posted:

I have an app,e tv. It came out before sling I think? Anyways it's never turned on now that I have dish network. Let's start a cable vs sat arguement !
television shows are free, on the internet

just google the tv show and the episode you want to watch you can find a totally free channel tuned in to what you're after

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Moridin920 posted:

without the end to end encryption

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Has offering products in more colours and sizes actually helped?

I remember when it was announced tech blogs made it seem like the sky was falling because it went against one of Job's core philosophies or something.

e: the last update to itunes (?) made it so that I can't see any books that I didn't buy in the app, let alone put them on my phone. I've just been emailing them to myself.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lichy posted:

without the end to end encryption

skype encrypts all video and voice calls and I'm pretty sure no one is trying to hack into your classified conversation with grandma anyway

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Lol if having to hand load split images onto a handset in recovery mode via command line terminal is 'basic technology' then you're a massive dweeb. It's dumb poo poo nobody should have to do just to get a phone to turn on.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EL BROMANCE posted:

Lol if having to hand load split images onto a handset in recovery mode via command line terminal is 'basic technology' then you're a massive dweeb. It's dumb poo poo nobody should have to do just to get a phone to turn on.

what the gently caress does this have to do with getting your phone out of a reboot cycle? why are you even doing that lmao

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Moridin920 posted:

skype encrypts all video and voice calls and I'm pretty sure no one is trying to hack into your classified conversation with grandma anyway

but my dick pics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

EL BROMANCE posted:

So iphone is obviously superior because of an incredibly specific experience you had one time with one phone at some point.

Does this mean all homeless people are rude because one of the guys involved in the sewer gangbang that caused your mother to poo poo out a severely retarded baby was rude?

• Locked thread