Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Dabir posted:

MD has a bottle of it in his cabinet.

But that's only 30 units. How are you going to get a hold of 50 units worth for a single medkit? Also iirc anything above 25 units of omnizine is addictive, whenever I carry my omnizine hypospray as MD I set it to dispense 2 units at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Do stun sticks/tasers still act like defibrillators?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Who needs to carry an elaborate kit, just summon the portananomed with your pda!

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

shovelbum posted:

Who needs to carry an elaborate kit, just summon the portananomed with your pda!

There's just the one, and you need mechanics to make more, and that's an issue because pharoism(copper like material used in cables) is hard to get outside of having someone mining. And I haven't seen anyone really do mining for a few weeks now.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

SugarAddict posted:

There's just the one, and you need mechanics to make more, and that's an issue because pharoism(copper like material used in cables) is hard to get outside of having someone mining. And I haven't seen anyone really do mining for a few weeks now.

Have QM order some (or scour electricians/warehouse/tool storage for) boxes of wiring and run em through a reclaimer.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Archenteron posted:

Have QM order some (or scour electricians/warehouse/tool storage for) boxes of wiring and run em through a reclaimer.

I have done it, it's just a pain to do so because cables can't be quickloaded into a reclaimer from a crate, from a box, or even with a bunch laying on the ground. Cable coils have to be hand loaded into the reclaimer, one at a time.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

You can reclaim cables? Hory shet

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

You can reclaim cables? Hory shet

Yep, and its the only way to get synth-rubber, which is an insulator, and one of the cyber eye's requires synth-rubber to make or something.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Pretty much all of them do.

awox
Aug 21, 2015
luv2club

SugarAddict posted:

Yep, and its the only way to get synth-rubber, which is an insulator, and one of the cyber eye's requires synth-rubber to make or something.

There is a patch on the forums that allows people to click-drag them into a reclaimer, no idea honestly why nobody merged that yet :(

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

ErikHanson posted:

There is a patch on the forums that allows people to click-drag them into a reclaimer, no idea honestly why nobody merged that yet :(

On that note, what really REALLY bugs me is all the intentional non-functional, and not intentionally non-functional stuff in the debree field and the exploration sites. I know a few of them have furnaces that used to be able to provide power, but something got screwed up and the furnaces can't power the SMESs anymore either from miswiring or something breaking, people can't lay new wires to fix it in these areas. Another thing is all the "broken" light fixtures, they can't be repaired or the bulbs/tubes replaced and the inability to attach bulb/tube fixtures to impenetrable walls, which for people that want to fix up the places then live in them they can't do. I would be willing to work on that stuff but I don't know how to ask about it.

awox
Aug 21, 2015
luv2club

SugarAddict posted:

On that note, what really REALLY bugs me is all the intentional non-functional, and not intentionally non-functional stuff in the debree field and the exploration sites. I know a few of them have furnaces that used to be able to provide power, but something got screwed up and the furnaces can't power the SMESs anymore either from miswiring or something breaking, people can't lay new wires to fix it in these areas. Another thing is all the "broken" light fixtures, they can't be repaired or the bulbs/tubes replaced and the inability to attach bulb/tube fixtures to impenetrable walls, which for people that want to fix up the places then live in them they can't do. I would be willing to work on that stuff but I don't know how to ask about it.

Both me and Tobba where pretty amazed by the fact that literally everything is a fake object, yes even the lights.. strange stuff.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
So I joined mid round and the engine room got messed up with busted gas pipes everywhere. I was trying to figure out how to find extra pipe (or make some) and fix the open gas lines. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

On another note I joined a round where the station was entirely obliterated by a single explosion (I think). What the hell could cause that?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You can use a welder to fix gas pipes but if any sections are completely missing you're poo poo outta luck. On the other hand, if you joined mid-round, it was probably supposed to be that way cause hellburns are stupid.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

DarkAvenger211 posted:

On another note I joined a round where the station was entirely obliterated by a single explosion (I think). What the hell could cause that?

you can blow up fairly large parts of the station using a cannister bomb. vaporising every last square is admins accidentally pressing a button.

In other news, somehow I ended up grabbing an escape alone objective using nothing but purgebuddies and a single kudzu seed planted in the hallway outside QM :smug:

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So I joined mid round and the engine room got messed up with busted gas pipes everywhere. I was trying to figure out how to find extra pipe (or make some) and fix the open gas lines. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

If it's the round I think it is, that was four 7000 power can bombs going off at once in different parts of the station. Only the escape arm was intact after that, and the survivors had to fight through an X drone to assemble a communications console on the mining outpost and get back to the shuttle.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

BurntCornMuffin posted:

If it's the round I think it is, that was four 7000 power can bombs going off at once in different parts of the station. Only the escape arm was intact after that, and the survivors had to fight through an X drone to assemble a communications console on the mining outpost and get back to the shuttle.

I miss rounds like this, people don't blow stuff up enough with proper explosions

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.

BurntCornMuffin posted:

That's the one. Is that just something someone put together in toxins? (Is that still a thing?)

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

DarkAvenger211 posted:

That's the one. Is that just something someone put together in toxins? (Is that still a thing?)

Yes it is. In fact, that entire round was research's fault. The X-drone got in via teleport accident, then a traitor mindslaved some folks to help him with the can bombs. Could have been worse, I heard the bombs were actually prematurely detonated thanks to the drone.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

BurntCornMuffin posted:

that entire round was research's fault

This is usually the case in my experience.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The X-Drome wasn't an accident but seeing if drones could actually be teleported. I found out that yes they can be teleported and made a terrible mistake. I got mindslaved after and aided in the destruction of the station.

Doesn't help a traitor let it out to roam and blow up all the pods on the station along with medbay. Yes it survived 4 can bombs.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

bacalou posted:

been working on an upgraded first aid kit load out as MD for my hard working doctors. so far I've got:

code:
2 synthflesh patches ( 40 units each )
2 omnizine pills ( 25 units each ) 
1 atropine auto-injector
1 upgraded health analyzer
1 stock analgesic pill 
thoughts on how I could improve this?
8 blunts, half with a shivering contusine/robust asomna mix for salbutamol and ephedrine + meth to really help them get back on their feet, half commol to heal burns.

If having a toke on those doesn't sort someone out, it wasn't meant to be.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

jBrereton posted:

8 blunts, half with a shivering contusine/robust asomna mix for salbutamol and ephedrine + meth to really help them get back on their feet, half commol to heal burns.

If having a toke on those doesn't sort someone out, it wasn't meant to be.

Medical vending machines should totally offer medicinal marijuana. Either ~special~ weed that slowly heals you, or regular weed mixed with healing stuff.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Is there any point to erebite power cells? They are nothing but ticking time bombs. I got one as a borg and it was fine, but then I tried to switch my RCD mode and it just exploded and gibbed me. What is the point of erebite powercells besides being literal pipe bombs that explode when you try to use them?

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Aug 22, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SugarAddict posted:

Is there any point to erebite power cells? They are nothing but ticking time bombs. I got one as a borg and it was fine, but then I tried to switch my RCD mode and it just exploded and gibbed me. What is the point of erebite powercells besides being literal pipe bombs that explode when you try to use them?

You answered your own question. Crime and station mischief.

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M25cDzZ2DwY

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Try using one with a heavy frame shield and teleport modules, you can basically obliterate half the station solo. Throw regeneration in there and it's even scarier

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

So I've been thinking and code diving and I think it might be possible with the right combo of drugs to let someone without a heart actually live so long as said drugs are in their body. I will be testing this tonight in the bar.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Man, running a radio station really does get you some good stories.

I wandered over to the radio station for the first time to make sure I knew where it was and how it worked, and also because I had nothing else to do and was the Captain. I announced to the crew that they were listening to the Spigot the Bear show, and I would shoot myself repeatedly with my egun if anyone called me fat. The wizard immediately appeared in his wizard putt to tell me I was not fat and should not shoot myself, and I invited him in for interview as thanks for his courtesy.

After making our introductions and setting the poor one-legged fellow at his ease, I asked him about his experience on Space Station 13 so far, and we were joined by the Head of Personnel, who kindly brought smokes. We all had a good time shooting the poo poo about embezzling the crew, being driven to drink and crime by the crew, fleeing the crew and surviving assassination attempts by the crew, when we were joined by another two guests! As I introduced them, however, I realised that they might have arrived to cause some trouble in the fair radio station, as one was a Security Officer and the other was the Chaplain.

The wizard fled, naturally, and the brave Officer Dotty Spud stuck around to answer a few questions about her relentless pursuit of the magical felon before taking off on the chase once more, and also refusing to answer any more questions because I called her Spotty Dud. The Chaplain stuck around to explain his own motives - redemption for burning down his chapel in a terrible moment of madness involving a duck, a welder and a bottle of bourbon. The wizard returned to join us, making an uneasy peace with the Chaplain. I used the chapel-burning story to segue into culture hour, comparing his crime to that depicted in The Temple of the Golden Pavilion by Yukio Mishima, but was soundly ignored. We were roundly joined by a Staff Assistant, who I introduced as our weather correspondent.

At this point, our show had really hit primetime, and yet more visitors came along to join us. The Chaplain announced that it was happening again and started a fire, engulfing mostly himself, and Tumany Cooks arrived, calling himself the horrible mess-bringer and farting out a giant cloud of cheese, weird cheese, ectoplasm, green vomit and blood. A monkey in a dress arrived and stared at me intensely for far too long (the monkey may have been a robot). Insane Bolt ran in, screamed, impaled someone's head on a spike and ran away again. Dotty Spud returned for a rematch with the wizard, catching a new arrival in the crossfire and promptly leaving again. Tumany Cooks began to die of an unknown ailment, and my client crashed while I desperately tried to keep up terrible wordplay and narration to the listeners back home. The wizard accidentally summoned an ectoplasm-golem while trying to heal Mr Cooks, then fed me a pepperoni log - where it came from and why this happened, well, perhaps we'll never know.

Then someone pipe bombed us. Opening a portal to medbay, I promised that we'd pick up next time after the cliffhanger ending of this week's episode, and that the identity of the mad bomber would be revealed.

A good radio show.

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 22, 2016

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

ChaseSP posted:

So I've been thinking and code diving and I think it might be possible with the right combo of drugs to let someone without a heart actually live so long as said drugs are in their body. I will be testing this tonight in the bar.
Is it possible to avoid the heart stoppage symptom or do you just ignore it? I know I once saw a traitor survive about 15 minutes with a stopped heart, so you can probably dodge the damage with the right drug mix.

Though depletion rates are the problem. Once the suffocation prevention drugs run out there could be issues.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Heart attacks are diseases that are treated by atropine or its weaker cousin. The only way to stop heart abscondment is to put another heart in which ignores the point. It deals about 20 oxy damage and brain damage so you just have to have a fix able to overcome that as well as staying conscious.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Atropine massively fucks up your controls and Perfluorodecalin prevents you from speaking, so you'd totally be alive but it'd be kind of hard to do anything, wouldn't it?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Nakar posted:

Atropine massively fucks up your controls and Perfluorodecalin prevents you from speaking, so you'd totally be alive but it'd be kind of hard to do anything, wouldn't it?

Yobi in spaced rum heals oxygen completely. There's also other meds like Salb and omnizine that reduces it as well. I wonder if anaerobic metabolism would get rid of the penalty or not.

Edit: Just checked the code and anaerobic metabolism removes all oxy damage in the person with itm

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 23, 2016

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

ChaseSP posted:

Yobi in spaced rum heals oxygen completely. There's also other meds like Salb and omnizine that reduces it as well. I wonder if anaerobic metabolism would get rid of the penalty or not.

Edit: Just checked the code and anaerobic metabolism removes all oxy damage in the person with itm
Yobi causes brain damage, I believe. While this is relatively easy to fix, brain damage can creep up on you. Anaerobic Metabolism is probably better, but it's costed accordingly in terms of stability and considerably harder to get and keep active than drugs.

Also most of these drugs in the dosages necessary to keep you going without a heart for long periods are highly addictive, so you'd need to try to bypass that whenever possible which is tricky without an emagged hypospray.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Nakar posted:

Yobi causes brain damage, I believe. While this is relatively easy to fix, brain damage can creep up on you. Anaerobic Metabolism is probably better, but it's costed accordingly in terms of stability and considerably harder to get and keep active than drugs.

Also most of these drugs in the dosages necessary to keep you going without a heart for long periods are highly addictive, so you'd need to try to bypass that whenever possible which is tricky without an emagged hypospray.

The only thing drugs that fix heart issues do is actually fix the disease. It's not like the heart is a separate entity it's just a check for if you don't have it you get heart abscondment. The penalties for not having a heart is being weakened, oxy and brain damage. Anaerobic is relatively easy with it using common mutations that just need to be rerolled for via monkeys.

EDIT: The heart drugs also heal oxy and breath loss which are symptoms of heart diseases like shock, cardiac arrest and abscondment. I've also discovered a horrible thing talking-to coders. Mechanized boots from mining don't work anymore.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Aug 23, 2016

bacalou
Mar 21, 2013

ChaseSP posted:

Mechanized boots from mining don't work anymore.

i knew it.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

bacalou posted:

i knew it.

and its loving bullshit. please fix the boots so i can zoom around the station

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Most of mining is bullshit right now. Only pure ores and perfect gems matter unless you're making money, materials is properly hosed in many ways and mining currently carries 0 risk of danger. You can also hit the override and run the magnet as fast as you can looking for pure ore and perfect gems, immediately re-pulling if it's not top quality, and never have to repair the magnet. You can do this for 60 minutes without it breaking to the point of not working.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

mining has been extremely stupid ever since they changed it to this onstation magnet bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

cock hero flux posted:

mining has been extremely stupid ever since they changed it to this onstation magnet bullshit

:agreed:

• Locked thread