Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Auryn54
Mar 15, 2004

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

As another newb, I can confirm that the guild is cool and good and full of chill people.

Yeah, definitely a cool bunch; the pubs in this game have to be some of the worst I've seen in a while, I wasn't going to join any of their clans. Goons or bust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I'll reinstall tomorrow and ask to join on PC because I forgot I owned this game before console launch but I can confirm if PC is anything like console the pubs are garbage. if you're tanking garbage pulls in dungeons there's no reason not to taunt at least the majority of the trash

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Moochewmoo posted:

Yeah. Either tanking is super hard or everyone dicks it up real bad. But I'm sort of just spamming random poo poo as a healer so whatever. I cant figure out what I should be doing skills wise.

Everything i read has people with like rank 50 everything and thats very far off for me.

If you're healer you only really need 3 heals to successfully complete 80% of the content. This is mostly for non Templars since they have a whole tree dedicated to healing. The other classes have some nice healing and shielding skills too, so don't discount them.

Resto staff:

Grand Healing: For a decent immediate heal if people are hurt a bit, but its main usage is as an AOE HOT. Throw it down right before people are going to take damage from a big hit and they'll be out of the danger zone almost immediately. A lot of people love the Healing Springs morph since it returns magicka based on how many folks the heal hits, and running out of magicka as a healer can be a death sentence for the group. I personally like Illustrious Healing because a lot of the time group members aren't tightly grouped during certain fights so Healing Springs won't be a huge factor. I prefer the longer duration. Think of it like a preventative heal. Also very easy to aim.

Blessing of Protection: This is a bigger, more bursty heal for when a guy's in the danger zone and you need to get him out ASAP. It's hampered a bit by the fact that you have to manually aim it, which could make it difficult at times especially if the bow user in your party and rolling arounf behind you somewhere like a wild man. Blessing of Restoration morph has a wider hitbox and heals for more, while Combat Prayer makes your teammates do more damage. Both seem like great options, but I know in certain late game fights where time is a factor the DPS really like that extra damage.

Steadfast Ward: Targets the ally with the lowest health and gives them a nice bubble. The Ward Ally morph gives you a bubble at well. But the other morph, Healing Ward, is where it's at. Bubbles the lowest health guy and restores a nice chunk of HP up front and more later. Perfect for when someone's ready to die and you don't have time to spin around in circles looking for them.

E: Just my opinion and there's a ton of great skills for healing out there that aren't templar or resto staff skills.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Rough Lobster posted:

If you're healer you only really need 3 heals to successfully complete 80% of the content. This is mostly for non Templars since they have a whole tree dedicated to healing. The other classes have some nice healing and shielding skills too, so don't discount them.

Resto staff:

Grand Healing: For a decent immediate heal if people are hurt a bit, but its main usage is as an AOE HOT. Throw it down right before people are going to take damage from a big hit and they'll be out of the danger zone almost immediately. A lot of people love the Healing Springs morph since it returns magicka based on how many folks the heal hits, and running out of magicka as a healer can be a death sentence for the group. I personally like Illustrious Healing because a lot of the time group members aren't tightly grouped during certain fights so Healing Springs won't be a huge factor. I prefer the longer duration. Think of it like a preventative heal. Also very easy to aim.

Blessing of Protection: This is a bigger, more bursty heal for when a guy's in the danger zone and you need to get him out ASAP. It's hampered a bit by the fact that you have to manually aim it, which could make it difficult at times especially if the bow user in your party and rolling arounf behind you somewhere like a wild man. Blessing of Restoration morph has a wider hitbox and heals for more, while Combat Prayer makes your teammates do more damage. Both seem like great options, but I know in certain late game fights where time is a factor the DPS really like that extra damage.

Steadfast Ward: Targets the ally with the lowest health and gives them a nice bubble. The Ward Ally morph gives you a bubble at well. But the other morph, Healing Ward, is where it's at. Bubbles the lowest health guy and restores a nice chunk of HP up front and more later. Perfect for when someone's ready to die and you don't have time to spin around in circles looking for them.

E: Just my opinion and there's a ton of great skills for healing out there that aren't templar or resto staff skills.

Oh cool thanks! This is just the type of break down i was looking for.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Never getting to play on patch day because they are loving incompetent is getting really, really old.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'm at work, there's a patch?

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

Extended maintenance (again). Expected up 2100 - 2200 EU (again). Americans can't work out why Euros are unhappy.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
A 96mb incremental maintenance patch that has had the servers down for over 8 hours now lol. What the gently caress are they even doing over there?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Kettlepip posted:

Extended maintenance (again). Expected up 2100 - 2200 EU (again). Americans can't work out why Euros are unhappy.

I always blamed your Euro food.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

A 96mb incremental maintenance patch that has had the servers down for over 8 hours now lol. What the gently caress are they even doing over there?

Bwuh, are you serious? That's hilariously bad management.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

Bwuh, are you serious? That's hilariously bad management.

Approaching 9 hours now with the downtime essentially costing anyone on the EU server an entire day of playtime. Also, they didn't bother telling anyone about the "extended" bit of it until 7 hours in. In a random thread, somewhere, instead of in a stickied news thread.

I mean, I don't really care because I'm not trying to play right now anyway but GODDAMN is this ridiculous.

Also, this is the third week in a row where it's happened.

Edit: Ahh gently caress, hope my trade guild has a stand this week because lol who the gently caress knows anymore.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 22, 2016

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yo what the gently caress DOES Shatner's sell anyway? Half the time I try to go shopping for basic poo poo like craft mats, potions, or motifs they have poo poo all and it kinda pisses me off since it's basically useless.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

It's clearly a money laundering guild for the Mafia.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
The downtime made me read the thread on the official forums. Now, in addition to being bloody annoyed, my brain is bleeding.

e: bleeding farts. Blorp blapr duhuhuhuh

valuum fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 22, 2016

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

valuum posted:

The downtime made me read the thread on the official forums. Now, in addition to being bloody annoyed, my brain is bleeding.

e: bleeding farts. Blorp blapr duhuhuhuh

"THE GAME IS DOWN SO YOU OWE US FREE CROWNS AND HORSES" was all I could gather from that thread before my eyes started to glaze over.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

ESO offcial forums are a toxic wasteland of salt and autism, please avoid them for anything other than patch notes.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Scyantific posted:

Yo what the gently caress DOES Shatner's sell anyway? Half the time I try to go shopping for basic poo poo like craft mats, potions, or motifs they have poo poo all and it kinda pisses me off since it's basically useless.

GM farms and refines like crazy but poo poo sells out in literally 20 mins tops. We do some crazy poo poo like 10k+ ore a day but it's all gone before I ever see any of it either. I think we have like 5 buyers that get in early and just grab everything. Dunno where they are cuz all my poo poo sells overnight. It's weird. FWIW we do like 45 mil a week but I have no idea WHEN.

Edit: Also Val don't read the forums OH GOD don't read the forums.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Well no wonder I can't find actual useful stuff there. Might as well be an empty stall then :effort:

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there an active Imperial city on ANY server?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Last I heard people were having loads of fun on the no CP server.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Are load times weird for anyone else? I've been sitting on the loading screen waiting for an old world zone to load for like 10 minutes.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

That's a crash, you gotta Alt+F4, and then open your task manager to close ESO.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

NeurosisHead posted:

Are load times weird for anyone else? I've been sitting on the loading screen waiting for an old world zone to load for like 10 minutes.

:sadbrofist:

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

NeurosisHead posted:

I've been getting pretty rear end load times. Basically every delve has become d/c roulette, although technically if you want to wait I've never actually DC'd, you do load in eventually.

Bustycops fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Aug 23, 2016

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Yeah, the process stayed active but had no drive i/o; it looked like it was waiting on network i/o. It never actually crashed, but I did end up killing it and giving up for the night.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So apparently, alongside ESO Gold edition, Zenimax will also be offering the first four DLCs to anyone who owns base-game ESO in a special bundle called Guilds and Glory, for 5500 Crowns (Around 45 USD).

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Scyantific posted:

So apparently, alongside ESO Gold edition, Zenimax will also be offering the first four DLCs to anyone who owns base-game ESO in a special bundle called Guilds and Glory, for 5500 Crowns (Around 45 USD).

This sounds suspiciously like I might be forced to actually own DLC?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Scyantific posted:

People founs mumble to be "too complicated" so we switched to a Discord server courtesy of ennuid/tgieday.

I really should post that info in the OP.
You should post it here too.

gently caress it, I'm gonna check this out again.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Lol just as you two start getting back in, we move back to the CP Sperglord campaign. RIP my magicka DK dragon leap build.

Honestly whoever said that CP hosed the game as soon as it was implemented was right. Azura's actually requires skill and coordination (though DC and AD just bypass this by stacking sheer numbers), going onto Haderus or Trueflame is basically a game of "I did my spreadsheet better than you."

Also, EP PUGs are the loving worst.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Scyantific posted:

is there a timeframe for this? if I come back should I just sub to plus in the interim or is it a ways off?

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003
Gentwise Bankfourthe, Esquire.
I want to roleplay a lusty argonian maid with goons. Full disclosure: I'm a total noob.

Thanks!

@Gentwise

Orv
May 4, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Lol just as you two start getting back in, we move back to the CP Sperglord campaign. RIP my magicka DK dragon leap build.

Honestly whoever said that CP hosed the game as soon as it was implemented was right. Azura's actually requires skill and coordination (though DC and AD just bypass this by stacking sheer numbers), going onto Haderus or Trueflame is basically a game of "I did my spreadsheet better than you."

Also, EP PUGs are the loving worst.

RIP me.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Gentwise posted:

I want to roleplay a lusty argonian maid with goons.

We run a tight schedule. Our current erping sessions are weekdays from noon until midnight. Also from midnight till noon. And weekends.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Competitive PVP ERP when? I believe this is where the Dunmer race will truly outshine the rest.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Sorry, there are too many lusty argonian maids, you'll have to play a lusty khajit maid instead.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Orv posted:

RIP me.

Believe me I'm pretty pissed about PvP right now, both because of those goddamn DC from Asia that flooded into Azura's from Blackwater and because of all the bullshit between DR and DC/AD.

Nothing stopping us from playing there ourselves tho (except *SOME* people don't want to PvP without their precious CP).

Orv
May 4, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Believe me I'm pretty pissed about PvP right now, both because of those goddamn DC from Asia that flooded into Azura's from Blackwater and because of all the bullshit between DR and DC/AD.

Nothing stopping us from playing there ourselves tho (except *SOME* people don't want to PvP without their precious CP).

Yeah if you wanna duo or quad or however many people we can sucker into it I will show up for that.

Dish that DR dirt though.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

No CP sounds good to me since i think I have like 20.

Seriously though Scyantific, post the discord.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

eSporks posted:

No CP sounds good to me since i think I have like 20.

Seriously though Scyantific, post the discord.

https://discord.gg/nC6wu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Thanks! :dance:

• Locked thread