Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's the one! I'm dumb, of course it would have been that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
play this dumb anime game

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3787233

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
also more people be wrestlers dammit

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
No. Both anime and wrestling are terrible.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

busb posted:

I wasn't talking to you.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I... agree with busb??!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!????!?!?!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
That's because I speak only the truth ecco. Also home stuck is anime and therefore sits underneath the aforementioned

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am tired of these anime debates and i am going to post a completely sincere opinon and say watch lupin the 3rd you scrubs who think anime is awful

if you don't like it then the show is too cool for you and you are actually lame!! its the best!! you are stupid if you hate it!! just stupid!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSLFZdzgCLw
EVERYONE IS SO COOL IN IT

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Cool like Bernard from black books? Or cool like Jeff from coupling?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

busb posted:

I always felt this way. Never got pushback on the former, but I was one of the few boys in my area in the mid 90's who just didn't get or like wrestling. I wasn't particularly ostracized but it push me towards having female friends super early on since we could actually talk about different and objectively better things like how awesome animals are.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
That's why we got along so well in paris~

I'm just not a fan of performance and machismo. Fakeness just ruins athletic events, and stuff like MMA is horrifying

I hate simulation and diving in football.
Wrestling isn't a big thing here, I don't know anyone irl now or in school that liked it. Auspollers do though which I find weird.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm going to open my second game in the émigré series by the end of this week. 15 players. It is titled "An Insulting Inquiry," and it takes place during corruption investigations in the Parliament building of an island nation to be named loosely after whichever mafia player speaks up first.

The island is situated in the fantasy archipelago of Metzzi, which is Italian-inspired, if that helps.

e: the island nation/culture is named Decapua, the city is named Busbion, and the island itself is named Rene (pronounced "reen").

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Aug 23, 2016

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Australia.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Raze busbion to the ground imo

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

busb posted:

Raze busbion to the ground imo

the Lion party in the senate is trying to do exactly that with these ridiculous hearings on Fish party members' personal lives!!!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
tell us more about how you dislike <thing>

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

busb posted:

That's why we got along so well in paris~

I'm just not a fan of performance and machismo. Fakeness just ruins athletic events, and stuff like MMA is horrifying

I hate simulation and diving in football.
Wrestling isn't a big thing here, I don't know anyone irl now or in school that liked it. Auspollers do though which I find weird.

Eh, I didn't get wrestling until I watched a few events. The action is pretty entertaining and although the outcome is predetermined, I respect the athleticism involved in performing many of the moves.

MMA is also good, but I generally approve of violence because I am a barbarian, fear my rage ability, huge hit die, and damage reduction.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I could tell you about why I like a thing instead?

For example I really like The Genius, which is great because of how hilariously polite they are while simultaneously backstabbing and lying to each other.

Also I like golf because it is the sport that takes the most skill to play (I have played most sports competitively) and little fitness, which is my kinda thing.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Also I like it when it is 35 degrees and I can wear shorts and thongs like god, if he existed, intended

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
i didn't ask for this!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

p crass to talk about your underwear situation on an internet forum busb

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

In other news, MAFIA FANTASY FOOTBALL 2016 needs at least three more owners. I'd like to get positions locked in ASAP so we can schedule our draft.

(We're at 7/10, but we can run at any even number from 10-20)

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Oh ok I'll just go back to talking about things I don't like then.
I don't like Keane because he is my sporting rival but will never defeat me so he is acceptable.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Birdstrike posted:

tell us more about how you dislike <thing>

Well as a lifelong member of the Fishes, I believe firmly that only Fish leadership can bring Decapua back from the economic stagnation we've experienced in recent years. The Lion-Gull coalition government had good intentions when they passed regulations for our fishing and mining sectors - nobody wants to go back to the days when fishermen could be gobbled up by boulderfish and their families wouldn't even be compensated for their loss - but those regulations have tied industry's hands too far. Limestone production is at an all-time low, allowing cheap, low-quality limestone from Aburga to flood the market. Last year, Rene fisherman only brought back 34,000 tonnes of seafood, a 17.9% decrease from the previous year. As our industries diminish, so too does our tax revenue: the annual budget passed last month is our third year of deficit spending in a row.

The Fish party has an answer though. One: cut back on the excessive regulations burdening our industries, allowing them to flourish once more. Two: we will bring Decapua closer to the Metzzi Community, and with those stronger ties to the Empire of Arrentia we can eliminate our bloated and extravagant defense spending, returning our budget surplus. Three: we will negotiate with Goldskeep Bank to lower interest rates for businesses and consumers, further stimulating the economy.

Elections are in three months. Vote For Change: Vote Fish.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EccoRaven posted:

Well as a lifelong member of the Fishes, I believe firmly that only Fish leadership can bring Decapua back from the economic stagnation we've experienced in recent years. The Lion-Gull coalition government had good intentions when they passed regulations for our fishing and mining sectors - nobody wants to go back to the days when fishermen could be gobbled up by boulderfish and their families wouldn't even be compensated for their loss - but those regulations have tied industry's hands too far. Limestone production is at an all-time low, allowing cheap, low-quality limestone from Aburga to flood the market. Last year, Rene fisherman only brought back 34,000 tonnes of seafood, a 17.9% decrease from the previous year. As our industries diminish, so too does our tax revenue: the annual budget passed last month is our third year of deficit spending in a row.

The Fish party has an answer though. One: cut back on the excessive regulations burdening our industries, allowing them to flourish once more. Two: we will bring Decapua closer to the Metzzi Community, and with those stronger ties to the Empire of Arrentia we can eliminate our bloated and extravagant defense spending, returning our budget surplus. Three: we will negotiate with Goldskeep Bank to lower interest rates for businesses and consumers, further stimulating the economy.

Elections are in three months. Vote For Change: Vote Fish.

This is a prime example of the Fishes once again prioritising their utopian laissez-faire economic fantasies from cloudcuckooland over the everyday needs of working Decapuans.

The Fish Party talks about liberalising the fishing industry, but they're not trying to make it easier for small fisherpeople. No, the Fishes are squarely in the pocket of Big Whale, and all they want to do is import the sweetheart deal the Arrentians have set up with large factory ships to pay below-minimum wages outside of Decapuan ports. The Lions will protect Reneish wages for Reneish workers.

Then the Fishes talk about approving more environmentally damaging limestone mines, at a time when the rest of Metzzi is transitioning to a clean and efficient sandstone economy. Of course we need to reduce limestone imports, but the short-sighted Fish proposal would utterly contaminate Rene's environment and snuff out our valuable tourism industry.

And even if the Fishes, who couldn't negotiate their way out of a dry paper bag, manage to secure a favourable deal from the notoriously miserly Goldskeep Bank, the only result of this cheaper credit will be to inflate our already overvalued salt price. And when the salt bubble bursts, as it inevitably will, it won't be Lord Eelington or the rest of the fatcats in Busbion who pay for it. It will be the ordinary fishermen and lion tamers.

This election, vote for the party that cares about you, not vested corporate interests. Vote Lion.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
typical Lion arrogance.

or is it Gull cowardice?

e: at least we're not Pinks.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Aug 23, 2016

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

busb posted:

Oh ok I'll just go back to talking about things I don't like then.
I don't like Keane because he is my sporting rival but will never defeat me so he is acceptable.

It's really less of a rivalry and more of a very fit man throwing dodgeballs at the rotting corpse of a goat.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Lol if Higurashi isn't the first anime you watch.

I'm currently watching Bob's Burgers and enjoying it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Insomnia's fun he said, unhinging his jaw,leaning down, and swallowing himself whole, eventually doubling in size.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I was just about to post asking if you were doing ok.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

I was just about to post asking if you were doing ok.

I'm doing a lot better now that I've doubled in size.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm doing mostly okay. I'll be better once my work project starts, since that gives me something to do.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'll be sending good vibes your way!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I know someone is going to make the "every forum is bad" joke but ugh, tviv sucks.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
its really bad

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
every thread there is ppl either asking basic comprehension questions for the show or hugboxing/making GBS threads on the show depending on if there's a moderator who watches the show or not to gestapo it

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Conversation here gets as banal as it does elsewhere but at least the people here aren't anime addicts pushing their dirty agenda

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Wrestling is cool except when injuries happen and ruin everything :negative:

I also will play fantasy football if it still open

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

2 more players for Final Fantasy Mafia then it can start

So sign up so I can wake up to a game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

2 more players for Final Fantasy Mafia then it can start

So sign up so I can wake up to getting turbo'd

You heard it here, this is what he wants.

Max fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Aug 23, 2016