Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
memba this
This poll is closed.
goku 130 46.43%
goku 150 53.57%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, that's why I'm letting him know it's annoying and tired as gently caress.

Don't sign your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:corsair:

durn know it all kids and yer booklearnins

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Ethics 102 is about how lecturing your friends about historical atrocities makes you worse than hitler

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

kaschei posted:

Ethics 102 is about how lecturing your friends about historical atrocities makes you worse than hitler

That should be 101, and then 102 would be what 101 is now. And then you have a 103 that is the exact same as 101 just in case.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Reminder: an actual ethics professor raped a mentally disabled man while claiming he was actually a brilliant artist trapped in his own body. She left her husband for him.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/25/magazine/the-strange-case-of-anna-stubblefield.html?_r=0

Now let me tell you all about Peter Singer's works on animal rights.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

du -hast posted:

The contest was called Hold Your Wee for a Wii.

I lived in Sacramento at the time and I actually thought about signing up for it since I am an alcoholic and my bladder space is crazy. Anyway I listened to it on the radio. I don't remember how many days she did it, but eventually her bladder burst. The radio station was obviously shut down for that reason. I just remember in the backround one of the host guys saying, like away from the mic so less audible, "holy poo poo we got a loving problem. Look at that!" and then it went to commercials then music.

Anyway that's my story about it, here's the wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KDND#.22Hold_Your_Wee_for_a_Wii.22_contest

It's pretty good poo poo IMO.

Her bladder didn't burst, she died as a result of acute water intoxication.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ignorant Hick posted:

11 million. Wasn't just jews, ya know.

you're lucky elie weisel died last month after posting this

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Lowtax and Uwe Boll got into a bit of a tiff, and no Africans were murdered as a result.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008

Beastie posted:

Lowtax and Uwe Boll got into a bit of a tiff, and no Africans were murdered as a result.

Actually the 'Tax/Boll "celebrity" "boxing" match was worse than the holocaust, which you'd know if you'd ever read a loving book!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Remember the time sa forums mod loose change or whatever his name was sexually harassed women on the awful yearbook site? Then nearly a decade layer when goons asked lowtax directly in some thread why he was never demodded for it, Lowtax had no idea what happened until someone posted change.jpg?

Mods knew, is what I'm getting at, and neber told lowtax

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Chichevache posted:

Reminder: an actual ethics professor raped a mentally disabled man while claiming he was actually a brilliant artist trapped in his own body. She left her husband for him.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/25/magazine/the-strange-case-of-anna-stubblefield.html?_r=0

Now let me tell you all about Peter Singer's works on animal rights.

That was one of the weirdest saddest things I ever read about.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

dsriggs posted:

And... Y'know... The whole 6 million people in the gas chambers & stuff...

its really weird how people only remember that 6 million jews died in the camps, not the 6+ other million ethnicities or the 20+ million civilians in eastern europe

jews do play a good marketing game tho

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
A goon decided to play world of Warcraft instead of being with his wife as she gave birth

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
Robert? Robert was grinding. That was his custom. Whenever my time came near, my royal husband would flee to azeroth with his guildies and dew. When he returned, he would present me with a legendary or some purps, and I would present him with a baby.

dookifex_maximus has a new favorite as of 19:43 on Aug 23, 2016

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Modest Mao posted:

its really weird how people only remember that 6 million jews died in the camps, not the 6+ other million ethnicities or the 20+ million civilians in eastern europe

RIP holocaust winner, your disdain for those other people who got genocided will never make sense to me.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
This is crazy. Why is it double jeopardy if they found a ton of evidence that literally proved he did it? Why didn't they just go: "woops, sorry we convicted you, that other guy clearly did it based on this new evidence. Let's start a new trial and put him in prison."

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
plus the nazi policy of exterminating leftists was adopted by the USA and its alliles pretty soon after ww2, just look at all the contra deathsquads

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

beedeebee posted:

This is crazy. Why is it double jeopardy if they found a ton of evidence that literally proved he did it? Why didn't they just go: "woops, sorry we convicted you, that other guy clearly did it based on this new evidence. Let's start a new trial and put him in prison."

You only get one shot at convicting a person of a particular crime, even if literal photographic evidence of them doing it turns up later. For more information, listen to that one Eminem song from 8 Mile.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

beedeebee posted:

Police and prosecutors can get pretty gung-ho and will just keep bringing people to court indefinitely otherwise. Going to court at all is extremely punitive in and of itself and costs an absolute fortune that's generally a life-changing amount for most people brought up on serious charges no matter how innocent they are. It's not an accident that prosecutors tend to tread carefully now (e.g. waiting a while before filing charges against Zimmerman) and make sure they have all their poo poo together before filing charges because they (rightfully) only get one shot at it.

IIRC Double Jeopardy got overturned exactly once because they found the judge on the case had taken a major bribe.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Like many things that sound crazy at first, that law exists for a good reason. It's so the police can't just repeatedly try people over and over until they get the verdict/plea they want.

E:F,B

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
its weird that murderers and poo poo have to be set free so we can maintain the illusion of justice, meanwhile, if a billionaire's hand is on the scale, the mechanisms of the state serve the interests of the heavy hand

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Paradol Ex posted:

I was trying to go to sleep a few minutes ago and for some reason the enormity of these events finally hit me and I couldn't stop crying. I have no real life friends who give a poo poo about professional wrestling, so this is basically the only place I have to express these feelings, but I really feel the need to express them.

I would like this thread to be about our personal feelings about the death of Chris Benoit, and how it has personally affected us. Just TV-IVing about the details as they come in, or wondering about the WWE's future, and all of that bullshit has no place here. I need to write about my feelings about Chris Benoit. Obviously these posts will be mocked elsewhere on the forums, but gently caress em. If you feel the need to say anything, say it.

-----

Chris Benoit is a murderer. He killed his wife and child. We will probably never know exactly what he was thinking. Obviously I did not know Chris Benoit. I never saw him in person and never spoke to him. But he represented something very special to me. In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked poo poo about wrestling and the bastards involved in it, you could always muffin out Chris Benoit as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could muffin to as a true professional who honored the sport he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to professional wrestling without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the pussy or because he was a failed jock in another sport or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw wrestling as a means to an end. He was in it for professional wrestling. He was dedicated to being the best professional wrestler he could be, and it showed in the ring.

I wanted to be a professional wrestler since I was a little kid, and one of the very worst moments of my life was a cold night in San Antonio when I was on the phone to my girlfriend a thousand miles away and finally admitted to myself and to her that coming to Texas to be a wrestler had been a mistake. Coming to grips that I was simply not athletically or charismatically talented enough to be a professional wrestler was one of the worst moments of my life. The business glorifies the boyhood dreams that come true. My boyhood dream wasn't going to come true, and it was an upsetting, soul-crushing revelation that upsets and discourages me to this day.

Since then I lived vicariously through Chris Benoit in a lot of ways. He wasn't a man who was destined to be a WWE champion. He couldn't talk. He wasn't charismatic in the usual way. He was quiet. He was short. The only thing he had going for him was his work ethic. He wasn't a third generation wrestler. He wasn't physically gifted. He wasn't someone who had words come easy to him. But through sheer effort he was able to become one of the greatest professional wrestlers in history. By 40 years-old.

Chris Benoit was only forty, and he was already a legend on the verge of myth. That's how talented he was, and how respected.

I cannot reconcile in my mind that the man who unnecessarily gave back so much to the sport could end his life the way he did. I can't understand how a man could spend weeks and months trying to give back to younger guys like MVP, putting forth the care and effort to help them find their voice in the ring, and that that same man could strangle his wife and child only weeks later. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened this way. Not for him, not for Nancy, and not for their child.

Chris Benoit owed me nothing. But I still feel the loss. I selfishly lived through many of his accomplishments and now feel lost. I can only speak for myself, but I feel that for a lot of us Mondays and Fridays are rocks of stability in a storm of stress and uncertainty. Every week the show goes on. Every week the show is from somewhere new, somewhere in the world, but every week it comes into our homes.

And that will continue. But Chris Benoit is dead. And he died a murderer. And whether it be insanity, drugs, or just the actions of a clear-eyed monster, what is done is done. And one of the pillars for the guys backstage and one of the pillars for fans is gone. And everything that pillar held up is tainted and dripping with blood.

Chris Benoit was a murderer. And I don't know how to accept that.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

A goon decided to play world of Warcraft instead of being with his wife as she gave birth

There was also the goon who's daughter was taken away by CPS because he did nothing buy play WoW and lived in a Hoarders-level-of-filth house.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Modest Mao posted:

Modest Mao
Dislikes: China thread, holohoax

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

ZombieLenin posted:

Her bladder didn't burst, she died as a result of acute water intoxication.

Can your bladder actually burst?

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

cmon shitbag, he's not denying the holocaust, he's saying wealthy people used the crisis to exact great benefits for themselves, for instance an entire country

the leftists, homosexuals, gypsies etc? why don't we want to give them a homeland so they'll "never again" have to face genocide?

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

cheerfullydrab posted:

Can your bladder actually burst?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tycho_Brahe#Illness.2C_Death.2C_and_Investigations

Guy died because he didn't want to be rude by leaving a banquet dinner to go to the bathroom.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

dookifex_maximus posted:

cmon shitbag, he's not denying the holocaust, he's saying wealthy people used the crisis to exact great benefits for themselves, for instance an entire country

the leftists, homosexuals, gypsies etc? why don't we want to give them a homeland so they'll "never again" have to face genocide?

Lmao look at this

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

D&D is leaking again.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

Are there any links to this story?

http://www.lutins.org/nasa.html

the money bit starts with "When the shuttle broke apart"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
David Parker Ray

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Parker_Ray

Along with a few accomplices, Ray would kidnap women, take them to his "Toy Box" (a converted mobile home) and then rape and torture them for months. Once he was done he wouldn't simply kill them. He'd mix up a cocktail of sodium pentothal and phenobarbitol and proceed the brainwash the victims into forgetting what happened. He would bathe, dress, and drop the women off in the middle of no where and they would wake up not being able to account for the lost time. He was eventually caught when one of his captives escaped while he was at work.

As if all of this wasn't creepy enough. He would play a recording for each of his new victims informing them of what they were about to encounter. A very long and NSFW transcription can be found here http://thinkingaboutphilosophy.blogspot.ca/2012/10/david-parker-rays-audio-tape-transcript.html

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ5FBY2Ixow

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Curt Schilling defrauded the state of Rhode Island out of <some large amount of money I can't pin down for some reason> for videogames.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdoms_of_Amalur:_Reckoning

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/38_Studios#Bankruptcy

Volcott has a new favorite as of 21:17 on Aug 23, 2016

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

He also got rid of all of his dogs because he was "too busy" playing World of Warcraft 18 hours a day.

He's still up to it, by the way! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Wojtek/

He has virtual dogs though lol

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Holy poo poo this is amazing.

If you don't have the attention span to watch the entire 2:55...... this is the best part.

"well, uh..... until today."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ5FBY2Ixow&t=116s

edit: also this guy is cool as poo poo for saving those people.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Urine Vander sloot, murderer of two women, currently plays online poker and fucks women while in a prison that his wife describes as "worse than guantanamo bay" despite being allowed to play online poker and being allowed to gently caress women.

Oh and his wife gave birth to a baby girl two years ago

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Holy poo poo this is amazing.

If you don't have the attention span to watch the entire 2:55...... this is the best part.

"well, uh..... until today."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ5FBY2Ixow&t=116s

edit: also this guy is cool as poo poo for saving those people.

I think people crowd funded him a new car or something. Dude is a hero

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

cuck cuck im gay posted:

Urine Vander sloot, murderer of two women, currently plays online poker and fucks women while in a prison that his wife describes as "worse than guantanamo bay" despite being allowed to play online poker and being allowed to gently caress women.

Oh and his wife gave birth to a baby girl two years ago

and he still won't tell anyone where the first murdered girl is.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

DrBouvenstein posted:

There was also the goon who's daughter was taken away by CPS because he did nothing buy play WoW and lived in a Hoarders-level-of-filth house.

Whenever I want to clean my apartment I recall this thread and start scrubbing furiously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Caro, goon with schizophrenia and a battlefield surgery fetish, survives years in Assad dungeon, now actively blogging about it.

https://steemit.com/syria/@kpatrickdawes/glasshouse-a-true-story-of-the-arab-spring-part-1
https://steemit.com/syria/@kpatrickdawes/glasshouse-a-true-story-of-the-arab-spring-part-2-jabberwocky

• Locked thread