Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Heimerdinger was the OG chill champ, but now I actually have to aim his loving rockets and it's bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
vlad is still pretty chill and you don't have to do anything

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

forgot about vlad, acutally. he is chill.

but seriously, these don't have to be "omg so amazing have to play it everywhere" kind of champs. they can be mediocre/countered with minimal teamwork and just see pubbie play. that is fine. just give me some good support champs that I don't have to think in order to play

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Libertine posted:

Yeah it's the best life steal, MR, and active defensive item in the game for ADCs. So there's almost no good justifiable reason not to put it in one of the five item slots.

I don't think I've built a Bloodthirster in a game of League of Legends since the Mercurial was re-tuned.

Bloodthirster has twice as much lifesteal and ~200 bonus hp. If you're getting killed by physical poo poo, it's a lot better than Merc

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

TeenageArchipelago posted:

forgot about vlad, acutally. he is chill.

but seriously, these don't have to be "omg so amazing have to play it everywhere" kind of champs. they can be mediocre/countered with minimal teamwork and just see pubbie play. that is fine. just give me some good support champs that I don't have to think in order to play

Congratulations on your brand new Soraka!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
no soraka has a skill shot now so shes actually really difficult to play *sweats profusely while trying to farm more than 30 cs by 10 minutes with trackball*

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

NTT posted:

no soraka has a skill shot now so shes actually really difficult to play *sweats profusely while trying to farm more than 30 cs by 10 minutes with trackball*

More like "gently caress skill shots, I just want to hang with friends, not think." But pretty much

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
im bad but still enjoy quinn, my bird bae :ohdear:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

im bad but still enjoy quinn, my bird bae :ohdear:

i'm awful at league of legends but i still play, who knows why

e: I play a lot of aurelion sol

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Sexpansion posted:

i'm awful at league of legends but i still play, who knows why

e: I play a lot of aurelion sol

so weird... is god real?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
sashimi akali... omg....

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/yorick-champion-update

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Bone Prison plus a bunch of automatic damage from ghouls and line drains. Looks like something that will be pretty strong to me.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i like that design quite a bit actually

i hope they re-use his old ult for a support or something, it was cool too

e:

dang this splash owns

Radical fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 23, 2016

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
His W and ult look really good; I'm worried about how useless he will end up being if you can't fight around a place where you can easily prep your passive. And I'm honestly shocked that they didn't keep his old ult.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Firebert posted:

His W and ult look really good; I'm worried about how useless he will end up being if you can't fight around a place where you can easily prep your passive. And I'm honestly shocked that they didn't keep his old ult.

Prepping your passive seems to not matter the later the game goes since his ult will bring 3/4 pets with it.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Bone Prison plus a bunch of automatic damage from ghouls and line drains. Looks like something that will be pretty strong to me.

Riot posted:

. A grave is occasionally created when enemy minions or neutral monsters die near Yorick, and all enemy champions that die near him leave a grave.

Called it

e: new Yorick design looks so much better than the old one.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 23, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
It's hard for me to believe that these skins are real

https://twitter.com/LeagueOfLegends/status/768139784564805633

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
They keep on coming

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-617-notes

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

TeenageArchipelago posted:

as a completely unrelated rant, gently caress riot for taking away all of the do nothing champs.

when I was playing 4 years ago, some of my favorite champs were things like singed, soraka, sion, ect. Champs that I didn't really have to think about when I played with friends, just pushed buttons on enemies and things happened. Then riot changes them to make them more "interesting" or "engaging" or whatever. Now soraka takes a half of a brain to play, sion takes 3/4's, and singed is the only good champion left in the game. It's ridiculous

Old AP Sion owned bones, I want a game mode where you get to play all the reworked champs as they originally were. Using original art resources.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if they added an option for beta UI mode i would only play that way

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Speaking of old heroes, I'm still cheesed that they removed Malphite's AD steroid.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Sexpansion posted:

It's hard for me to believe that these skins are real

https://twitter.com/LeagueOfLegends/status/768139784564805633

Wait till you see the Legendary Skin from the cooking collection:

Fierimerdinger:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Why are they buffing Jinx? Riot, you are nerfing the 3 top ADCs why are you buffing the 4th best what are you doi

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Firebert posted:

Why are they buffing Jinx? Riot, you are nerfing the 3 top ADCs why are you buffing the 4th best what are you doi

reddit wanted jinx buffs

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

god loving damnit just leave poppy and malphite in th efucking dumpster you shitheads

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
yorick... eh.
Kinda feels like a crappier Heimerdinger.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Reading between the lines on those patch notes I'm most worried about those changes to Diana and Veigar. Diana's E range going from 150 to 225 is an enormous range pull increase and should make it practically impossible to miss now. Excellent Veigar players are already pretty terrifying even if they are extremely rare, his passive now scaling at 5 AP per kill/assist instead of 3 AP makes me terrified to think of what a fed Veigar will look like.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

new yorick looks bae 2 me

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I'm confused, where is Yorick's second passive?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
yeah why the gently caress did they boost diana, she will definitely need nerfs next patch

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

P happy with most of what I'm reading to be honest basically they took a look at all the overused champs you hate to matchup against and identified key problems with their design that made em so strong. Ashe/jhin/sivir as adc's all needed to be taken down a peg, gragas/rek were way too dominant in the jungle, and gangplank was just dumb.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Goodbye Jhin :smith:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
oh god they buffed wind slash damage

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
Diana's bad lol buffs are fine

"Sure, he's a not-quite-meta, hard-to-balance champ, but we think the biggest reason for Yorick's unpopularity is simple: Nobody wants to be a gravedigger."

Haha yeah I'm sure that's the reason nobody played the champion that was nerfed out of the game lol!!!

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

riot probably doesnt even remember that they removed him from the free champ rotation at this point lol

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
The thing that concerns me about diana's change is it's obvious the intent was to make it better for teamfights but it's also obviously going to function as making her even more sticky in a chasing situation. But no one plays here anyways so she prolly could use a buff.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
yorick's gimmick is that he could 1v1 any champ post level 6, and infinite sustain.

anyway, thanks for the veigar buff. Games can finally end quicker when your teammates won't stop shoving their faces into Veigar's stun cage ad getting one-shotted.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
yorick hasn't been able to do either of those since 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Libertine posted:

Reading between the lines on those patch notes I'm most worried about those changes to Diana and Veigar. Diana's E range going from 150 to 225 is an enormous range pull increase and should make it practically impossible to miss now. Excellent Veigar players are already pretty terrifying even if they are extremely rare, his passive now scaling at 5 AP per kill/assist instead of 3 AP makes me terrified to think of what a fed Veigar will look like.
Based mostly on winrates, the weirdest thing was a riven buff. She is >51% in diamond already.

• Locked thread