Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what is the significance of saying psp line instead of portable/vita

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The guy is a factory worker and it was probably the first thing produced there.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh I didn't read the whole context where it was from a chinese thread because i'm lazy and inattentive thanks

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
If PSP3 is backward compatible with PSP2 and includes non-proprietary memory support, I'll be both very happy and sad. No one wants to need more dumb expensive memory, but I just bought a 64g vita card. :saddowns:

Assuming it's true, anyone know the expected lead time between production starting and release would be?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

0 days. Honestly another handheld is DOA for Sony

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What if they made a handheld....with two screens

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what if they made a handheld and hired senkags guy as a first party developer

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

he would finally have the money to pay platinum to help him make the next vita senran kagura game very fun to play

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

tiny litle points in the middle of the analog sticks. what a time to be alive.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I just had a very vivid dream about a procedurally generated open world game where you played as monster girls loosely based on historical figures. It mostly played like a musou title, but there were points where you would have to swim out into the open ocean and perform the correct gyrations to attract a mate (get it wrong and you get eaten). Anyway, how do I go about pitching a game to Sony, because I think I know exactly how to save the Vita now.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Rollersnake posted:

I just had a very vivid dream about a procedurally generated open world game where you played as monster girls loosely based on historical figures. It mostly played like a musou title

you had me up to here. please do some workshopping and let me know when you start your greenlight campaign.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yes I'm afraid it's going to have to be vastly worse playing than a Musou game to sell.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Endorph posted:

then they would have a doa handheld with some bad first party games

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mikeycp posted:

then they would have a doa handheld with some bad first party games
yeah, like uncharted and littlebigplanet, but they would have had senkags too

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

what if we made a game starring....natalie drake??

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

what if we made a game starring....natalie drake??

I think Tomb Raider Anniversary is on the PSN store.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

conical boobs, powered by preorders...what a time to drink alone in your studio apartment

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The Vita2 will be the PS Move version of the Wii U gamepad

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They'll finally make the PSP3 (internal files actually say PSP2 on Vita)

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
An official Hyperdimension Neptunia "Top Nep" hat and several T-Shirts will be made available for sale at 10am pacific today. $38 for the hat, $25 for a T-shirt at http://www.iffysonlinestore.com

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Limited Run Games will be doing a physical release of Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dehry posted:

They do a couple every month, and they usually sell out in 5 minutes since they have small runs and ship worldwide. I think they had an Octodad stay in stock all day and that was the longest lasting one.

Also, apparently this PS4 Slim being real confirms something looking like a PSP being produced by Foxconn.

Do they let you know in advance or is it just check every day?

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Waltzing Along posted:

They'll give a release date ahead of time. Usually it's a week or so before they go on sale.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

The twitter account above is a good source. The collectors over on cheapassgamer seem to keep track of it better.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Makes sense.

Looking at ebay, I get the feeling that a lot of these go straight to resellers. Ebay really has turned a lot of things to poo poo. Would be nice if they had a moratorium on new product sales of a year or so after release date. Would fix things a bit. Of course it will never happen.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

It's the video game equivalent of Twilight Time, except the actual content is usually worse...

Like Saturday Morning RPG

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Doctor Goat posted:

oh hey a thing for modded Vitas that might be worth a drat came out:

https://github.com/xyzz/vita-moonlight/releases/tag/vita-alpha

it doesn't have sound yet but it's a client for Moonlight. If you have an nVidia card you'll eventually be able to stream to your Vita with it

This is awesome!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls has a date.

North America on October 18
Europe on October 21

E:

For vita_thread.txt

IF rides Neptune through the Sega console generations, starting with a Dominatrix against a Bookworm in the Genesis era.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 24, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Gust's Yuri Action RPG Nights of Azure sequel has been announced for Vita and PS4

quote:

Characters

Alushe Anatoria – A straightforward girl who prefers action over words. She becomes a half-demon, obtains the power to fight demon, and fights to save Liliana.
Liliana Selphin – A girl chosen as the “Bride of Time.” She is kind and doesn’t discriminate against anyone she meets, but is also strong at her core.
Ruhenheid Ariarod – Alushe and Lilianna’s childhood friend, and Holy Knight of an organization opposing the Curia. She is hot-blooded and somewhat arrogant, but serious at her core.
Prologue

Alushe is a knight of the Curia and guard to Liliana, a Saint and her childhood friend. After finally reaching the Curia, the two girls learn that Lilianna would have to give up her life in sacrifice to the goddess of the moon. In their surprise and sadness, Alushe dies in a battle against a powerful demon. However, she is resurrected as a half-demon by the hands of the Curia…

Gameplay

You’ll fight enemy demons together with your partner “Lily.” You can freely select your Lily, and your bonds will deepen as you fight together. As you develop your relationship and awaken new abilities, intimate events will occur. Both Liliana and Ruhenheid can be chosen as a Lily.

As for the game’s connection with its predecessor, it carries over gameplay systems like Servans, as well as the affectionate, apocalyptic, dark fantasy taste of the original, but the gameplay will have a considerably different feeling.

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/nights-azure-2-announced-ps4-ps-vita#FBZuyjEp6He0Xygv.99

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Got the latest Hatsune Miku game from Sega. It's...well, it's a rhythm game I guess. Filled with characters I don't know, music I've never heard, and a surprising number of mechanics, from what I've unlocked so far.

Mostly though it just makes me want to play the Persona 4 rhythm game.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

What exactly were you expecting?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Morpheus posted:

Got the latest Hatsune Miku game from Sega. It's...well, it's a rhythm game I guess. Filled with characters I don't know, music I've never heard, and a surprising number of mechanics, from what I've unlocked so far.

Mostly though it just makes me want to play the Persona 4 rhythm game.

the persona 4 rhythm game is a lot worse as a rhythm game and has like 10% of the songs

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the p4 rythym game made me laugh when it was announced but I had less then no desire to engage with another p4 property by the time it came out

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I played the P4 rhythm game for the story, and it was fun enough, but I pretty consistently go back to F 2nd when I want to play a rhythm game.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Armor-Piercing posted:

I played the P4 rhythm game for the story, and it was fun enough, but I pretty consistently go back to F 2nd when I want to play a rhythm game.

Same except Love Live School Idol Festival.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
The problem I have with the Hatsune Miku game is just that there's so much poo poo going on the screen that it's hard to have any sort of rhythm. The prompts are flying in from random directions with varying times before you have to press the buttons, and in the mishmash of activity going on in the screen you need to find the prompts, forcing your eyes to constantly be scanning the screen.

I just liked the music in Persona 4: DAN. Also the story, as the story in this one is "All this poo poo is grey. Guess we'll dance!" Which begs the question on why there's a story at all.

It's obviously for fans too (which I guess was pretty obvious) as characters will come in and Miku will just be like "Oh yeah they're electronic voices too anyway whatever" and then it's the next level.

As for what I was expecting...well, I didn't have any expectations, this is a review copy. I'm going in blind.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I wish I could stand the music in the Miku games so I would have a good rhythm game to play on the Vita.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 24, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drat kids and their rapvocaloid music

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Andrast posted:

I wish I could stand the music in the Miku games I would have a good rhythm game to play on the Vita.
miku music is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

drat kids and their rapvocaloid music

I listen to everything but rap, country and vocaloid