Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

bradzilla posted:

Dolph Ziggler is a garbageman gen x crybaby pissbitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
remember when dolph came out to cash in money in the bank? then lost the belt due to getting hurt 2 weeks latter?

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I don't doubt there will be wellnesses but they probably want to get their "No champion for their flagship brand" thing sorted out.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also Dean should get better at selling because jesus gently caress

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

ziggler/ambrose wasn't great because it was basically Dean rightfully squashing Dolph about 45 minutes before Dolph played Colonel Sanders in a stupid commercial

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Alain Post posted:

im daniel bryan shooting a spitwad at ziggler

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Alain Post posted:

lol

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Spermgod posted:

what about jim londos. do greeks count as white.

Not on my message board

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Dean fuckin' sucks

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Alain Post posted:

Yeah I liked that match better than most of y'all but I couldn't help but roll my eyes at that.

Let's go aj for champ forever

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

heath slater for champ

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Alain Post posted:

hahaha

wrestling owns

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Dean Ambrose is bad

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I haven't given up on Dean yet but if the man manages to have a lame match against AJ loving Styles..that's really bad. Cmon Dean

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dean had a good match against HHH

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Alain Post posted:

Imagine how good Seth Rollins' matches would be if he didn't legit injure the other wrestlers with running powerbombs.

You mean the hundreds of matches he's had over the rest of his career where people haven't gotten hurt? AJ Styles has broken multiple peoples' necks and people don't call him dangerous, instead they complain that WWE doesn't protect the move that did it enough.

Really, regardless of the root cause Roman is never going to get the stink of being 'Vince's guy' off without a heel run. They should have just yanked that metaphorical bandage off before Cena went fully part-time so he could still do the lion's share of the PR/charity work, but they made their bed repeatedly over the course of like two years and now they're lying in it. People don't like Roman Reigns and they're working backwards to complaints about his workrate just like they did with Cena. Reigns having good matches isn't going to finally click and convert people unless they change how his character is presented.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 23, 2016

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Roman Reigns is good.
Dean Ambrose is good.
Tumblr is bad.
Goons talking about tumblr is worse.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

in all actuality dean ambrose is just keeping the belt warm for aj styles to run smackdown

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Batista: Let me give you some tips on selling, Dean.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

smell this posted:

Dean had a good match against HHH
Yeah that match owned and was arguably Trip's best match since he cut his hair off. Yeah even better than HHH/Bryan IMO, although it had the benefit of being a main event rather than show opener.

e: actually Shield vs Evolution may have been better. Best 1v1 match then.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tato posted:

I haven't given up on Dean yet but if the man manages to have a lame match against AJ loving Styles..that's really bad. Cmon Dean

Dean is bad and if the match is somehow bad I can't wait to read someone inevitably saying it was actually Styles' fault

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Is this forum turning on Dean something new? Is it because of Austin's podcast?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

sam bradford lmao posted:

nah I blame dolphy zigster and his stupid tights

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
it's 50% because Dean got stuck in a poo poo program with Ziggler for a month that made people sour and 50% because triggering Foochs to defend Dean is fun and good

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

This forum hasn't had a good opinion of Dean's ring-work outside of his psychology for a while now.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

This forum turns on wrestlers all the time.

Then when you ask "so why don't you stop watching if the product doesn't represent what you like anymore?", you get yelled at.

Then they watch the next week to see if anything will be better. And are shocked when it isn't.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I want tumblr to kiss Lesnar.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i liked dean when he was us champion

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

i've lost track on who the internet loves/hates at any given moment

8p: 3.5 million
9p: 3.4 million
10p: 3.1 million

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Alain Post posted:

Thats EXACTLY how I would sell that. It's like I'm looking in a mirror. I shouldn't wrestle.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

fart blood posted:

This forum turns on wrestlers all the time.

Then when you ask "so why don't you stop watching if the product doesn't represent what you like anymore?", you get yelled at.

Then they watch the next week to see if anything will be better. And are shocked when it isn't.

my optimism is boundless

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Marquis de Pyro posted:

There aren't going to be any, but ideally everyone will keep posting 'welp, guess _____ is getting wellnessed' every time someone loses a match for the next 3 months
The most likely time for wellness announcements would be after Smackdown anyway, once they've got their huge 4 days of TV out of the way. Plus if you subscribe to the "Eva's idiot husband" theory, Smackdown is where the majority of onscreen pre-suspension burials will be taking place.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I've always been against Dean, Brock, and Styles (the latter two because they're giant homophobes)

Eventually everyone will come around to that third one.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chris James 2 posted:

I've always been against Dean, Brock, and Styles (the latter two because they're giant homophobes)

Yeah I remember Styles' weird tweet about that from awhile back

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

aj styles puts on stellar matches so personally i say he can discriminate and spew hatred against johnny knockout as much as he wants

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chris James 2 posted:

You and me on the gently caress AJ Styles train, friend

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

give something enough screen time and you'll soon discover it Was Always Bad

Soothing Vapors posted:

it's 50% because Dean got stuck in a poo poo program with Ziggler for a month that made people sour and 50% because triggering Foochs to defend Dean is fun and good

I think the ziggler program is the best dean has been since the shield split minus their match at the ppv which was simply boring

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It seems like the WWE's overall business strategy right now is just pure volume. The return of the brand split, complete with new exclusive PPVs, trying to make Smackdown a bigger show, letting the main PPVs get longer and longer, having the NXT Takeovers take place the same weekend, there's just a poo poo-ton of WWE wrestling now and they're using this to try and drive ratings and keep subscriptions up- a "you can't afford to miss all that's going on!" mentality.

Of course this probably translates into a heavier schedule for the workers which probably won't help the whole "people keep getting injured during pushes" problem.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I'm going to be sad if we don't get Wellnessmania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Vertical Lime posted:

i've lost track on who the internet loves/hates at any given moment

8p: 3.5 million
9p: 3.4 million
10p: 3.1 million

Brock Lesnar murdering a guy is a draw, keep it coming WWE

• Locked thread