Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oneforthevine
Sep 25, 2015

Saw "Mike Pence" and "cut" and for a brief second thought that we were in the best possible reality. Alas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

FabioClone posted:

Big anime titties for all true Americans

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

oneforthevine posted:

Saw "Mike Pence" and "cut" and for a brief second thought that we were in the best possible reality. Alas.

"cut me mike, cut me, cut me"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Since Trump is still deliberating how his deportation plans would go, here's a plan that he might look at, promulgated under Reagan but never used:

quote:

The 40-page memo described a government contingency plan for rounding up thousands of legal alien residents of eight specified nationalities: Libya, Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan and Morocco. Emergency legal measures would be deployed—rescinding the right to bond, claiming the privilege of confidential evidence, excluding the public from deportation hearings, among others. In its final pages, buried in a glaze of bureaucratese, the memo struck its darkest note: A procedure to detain and intern thousands of aliens while they awaited what would presumably become a mass deportation. Van Der Hout read the final pages carefully. The details conjured a vivid image of a massive detainment facility: 100 outdoor acres in the backwoods of Louisiana, replete with specifications for tents and fencing materials, cot measurements and plumbing requirements.[/quote]

[quote]The INS’ multi-pronged proposals left little to the imagination, offering two options: a “general registry” and “limited targeting.” In its general registry scenario, the State Department would “invalidate the visas of all nonimmigrants” of the targeted nationalities, “using that as the first step to initiate a wholesale registry and processing procedure.” In its limited targeting scenario, the Investigations Division imagined a series of eight steps to expedite the deportation of the targeted nationalities. One was an executive order, requiring the FBI and CIA to share data with INS to locate alien undesirables and suspected terrorists. Another expanded the legal definition of international terrorism as a deportable offense; to speed the process, the measure would circumvent “proposed rule-making procedures, as a matter of national security.” The INS recommended holding aliens without bond, excluding the public from the deportation proceedings and convincing immigration judges to agree to those terms by referencing classified evidence.

quote:

Van Der Hout and a co-counsel, David Cole, now a professor at Georgetown University Law Center, became convinced that the memo was an uncanny outline of the government’s position and plan to deport the LA Eight—the “test case” which the document seemed to imply.

“They picked for arrest and deportation eight people who were essentially alien activists,” remembers Cole. “They sought to use classified evidence to detain them. [The memo] felt like a kind of blueprint for the case against our clients.”

The attorneys for the LA Eight were not the only ones to receive the leaked document. So did Stephen Engelberg, a reporter for the New York Times. His story on February 1, 1987, brought intense pressure on the INS. Beset by reporters at a news conference, William Odencrantz, a regional counsel for INS, was asked about the similarities between the case and the strategies described in the memo, and the seemingly political nature of the charges. “To use a football analogy,” Odencrantz told them, “we don't care how we score our touchdown, by pass or run. We just want to get them out of the country.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...7#ixzz4IBcctBZY
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

EDIT: I'm still shaking my head at Trump's quote this morning about there being some good reports from Operation Wetback, btw.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
:stonk: :stonk: :stonk:

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/768176812211990528

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This'll be good material for Hillarys speech on Thursday

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
welp definitely not playing taht loving video, no sir

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Internet Webguy posted:

You mock but this is actually exciting. He has so many styles to choose from.

loving lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'd say that looks about right.

What is that haircut called, I call it the Death Haircut because taht's the one they'll be buried in but its the one all old ladies get around sixty?

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
make weed chat locaton chat and food chat probatable. this thread used to be a laugh riot, however i dont give a hoot about how tackily named LA dispensaries are

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

bellisimo

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
fuckin hate living in texas

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

cargo cult posted:

make weed chat locaton chat and food chat probatable. this thread used to be a laugh riot, however i dont give a hoot about how tackily named LA dispensaries are

tough poo poo hermano

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

cargo cult posted:

Idiot King: no

Marcus Garvey
Oct 24, 2015

zoux posted:

Quote this if you're sick of the Trumps Gonna Win gimmick and want me to probate Boosted 5 every time I see him doing it.

Please do this

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

I still find myself amazed that Trump's entire orbit is surrounded by the most horrible people on earth and yet that doesn't bother his voters, like you would think that the fact that educated voters are overwhelmingly voting for Clinton might send some alarm bells off to uneducated voters that support Trump that maybe there is a reason.

I consider myself fairly smart and educated but if I had say a medical question and almost every doctor had the same opinion on it I would defer to the medical doctors regardless of my own opinion, maybe they should consider that when Trump is completely surrounded by racist assholes he might be a racist rear end in a top hat as well.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
your posting in a forum where one of the mods is a drunk who lives in a sewer and has the word "peckerwood" instead of a mouth, and youre whining that we need to stay on topic

your roberts rules of order cannot help you here, fool.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

zoux posted:

Reminds me of this for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntxKRj9DRnc

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

cargo cult posted:

FUCKYOU!!!

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
The general public has no idea who Roger Stone is. Most people could not name anyone on either candidate's staff. Voters by and large have little to no idea what is going on.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Three Olives posted:

I still find myself amazed that Trump's entire orbit is surrounded by the most horrible people on earth and yet that doesn't bother and voters, like you would think that the fact that educated voters are overwhelmingly voting for Clinton might send some alarm bells off to uneducated voters that support Trump that maybe there is a reason.

I consider myself fairly smart and educated but if I had say a medical question and almost every doctor had the same opinion on it I would defer to the medical doctors regardless of my own opinion.

That's a lot of the reason that Trump is popular. A lot of this country thinks that educated people and so-called 'experts' are always wrong, somehow.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Sinestro posted:

That's a lot of the reason that Trump is popular. A lot of this country thinks that educated people and so-called 'experts' are always wrong, somehow.

A lot of people believe dinosaurs and people lived together, and that Florida won't be under water in 25 years.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Florida doesn't have any problems ten minutes of submersion can't fix.

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

Sinestro posted:

This isn't restricted to US voters. See: Brexit.

Peanut Wagon
Dec 28, 2006

Relax. Go Nuts.

Alex Jones calling Roger Stone the most accurate guest he's ever had on the show is just rich

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

paranoid randroid posted:

your posting in a forum where one of the mods is a drunk who lives in a sewer and has the word "peckerwood" instead of a mouth, and youre whining that we need to stay on topic

your roberts rules of order cannot help you here, fool.
im just sayin there's literally nothing to talk about; weed good yes. also im pretty sure copping to buying from dispensaries outs you as an old but idk

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx
Morrow slidin' into the Travis County GOP DM's like

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

keep austin morrow

Eagerly I wished the Morrow
Vainly had I sought to borrow
From his tweets surcease of sorrow
Sorrow for the Trump campaign
For the rare and glorious trainwreck that the goons called Trump campaign
Going up in flames again

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

paranoid randroid posted:

one thing i find really amusing about weed culture in cali is how, though it cuts across class lines pretty well, the real differentiation is how its presented. because there are basically three kinds of dispensaries

- the low key place in a strip mall with a generic name like "RCN Providers" and a green cross in the window
- the upper crusty boutique dispensary out on a street like Ventura, thats still in a strip mall but has a name like "Compassionate Holistic Care of the Valley"
- the place that has a name like "BLOWIN' TREES 420 EVERY DAY" and will probably get closed down by the city in about a month

if youre a blue collar guy with a real medical problem youre using weed to treat, you go to the first place. if youre in SAG-AFTRA and live in Santa Monica, you go to the second. if you just plain dont give a gently caress, you go to the third.

mine is just a person's name but has three gates and barbed wire. it's extremely sketchy. i have no idea how they've been there for so long.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

cargo cult posted:

im just sayin there's literally nothing to talk about; weed good yes. also im pretty sure copping to buying from dispensaries outs you as an old but idk

lol

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Okonner posted:

Morrow slidin' into the Travis County GOP DM's like

lol

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/768174126028627968

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Buy weed from the twitch guy near the fountain in the park like us millenials do OLD MAN

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Hey, Platoon was a pretty good movie.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

zoux posted:

Buy weed from the twitch guy near the fountain in the park like us millenials do OLD MAN

you get your weed from a store? whatever, apartment haver

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Sinestro posted:

They resent those that say they're wrong

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Three Olives posted:

I still find myself amazed that Trump's entire orbit is surrounded by the most horrible people on earth and yet that doesn't bother his voters, like you would think that the fact that educated voters are overwhelmingly voting for Clinton might send some alarm bells off to uneducated voters that support Trump that maybe there is a reason.

I consider myself fairly smart and educated but if I had say a medical question and almost every doctor had the same opinion on it I would defer to the medical doctors regardless of my own opinion, maybe they should consider that when Trump is completely surrounded by racist assholes he might be a racist rear end in a top hat as well.

The whole reason trump was elected is because the right wing has switched from "limited government is good and common sense is sometimes better than statistics" to "GOVERNMENT IS BAD ALWAYS AND DONT TRUST DOCTORS AND SCIENTISTS AND REPORTERS AND POLITICIANS BECAUSE THEY LIE TO YOU"

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
the weed yuo don't get from a dispensary comes from a guy who goes to a dispensary, unless you live close enough to The Farms

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

zoux posted:

What is that haircut called, I call it the Death Haircut because taht's the one they'll be buried in but its the one all old ladies get around sixty?

Ugh, I had a cranky old lady come into work with that haircut. She said she would be checking my math on the bill.

I hate people who obsess over the fact that THE BILL MUST BE 100% RIGHT OR ELSE one molecule less than people who stiff, because there's a significant overlap in that.

And these people vote in /every single election/ :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Samuel Clemens posted:

Eagerly I wished the Morrow
Vainly had I sought to borrow
From his tweets surcease of sorrow
Sorrow for the Trump campaign
For the rare and glorious trainwreck that the goons called Trump campaign
Going up in flames again