Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Nice looking V1. I sure miss my V2. Any mods?

Thanks! And nope, no mods. I've had it since 2010 and for about 50,000 miles. Things are beginning to break and I'll upgrade stuff as I chase problems. Great car to start doing that with, I think. Really simple systems to work on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

The world meets nobody half way, motherfuckers.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

ChocNitty posted:

right now I'm seeing a deeply ironic broken image link to an Over The Top cover that is refusing to meet you half way.

Anagram of GINGER has a new favorite as of 03:22 on Aug 22, 2016

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Everyone looks sweaty and disgusting in 80s movies. Is he armwrestling in a sauna or what.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

ChocNitty posted:

Holy poo poo I've completely forgotten about that film. Wonder what the pitch meeting was like: "Okay, Stallone will play this arm-wrestling trucker who needs to get his son back, by winning the arm-wrestling world championship. "

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I actually described that movie to someone the other day and started with "it's about a guy with a cool weight machine in his truck."

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

Ordered a new gun part :homebrew:

MSI started making staplers?!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Josh Lyman posted:

I returned those and got these instead

My wife was ogling a pair of those when we were in outlet malls in WA today. Things are like one third the cost of my home town so I bought these monstrosities

Nike Fingertrap Max Free

Also these

Ray Ban aviator carbon fibre something or other. Barely $200 for both items, they'd be about $600 in Vancouver.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Hubby and I got a lot of compliments yesterday, he has a pair of Barcelona Days 7's

We also bought a new kettle, and this book

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

You have to first get your Street Hiking certification...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX9CVFbiYtQ

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

Shanghaied posted:

Holy poo poo I've completely forgotten about that film. Wonder what the pitch meeting was like: "Okay, Stallone will play this arm-wrestling trucker who needs to get his son back, by winning the arm-wrestling world championship. "

I listened to a really old "How did this get made?" podcast recently, and according to Stallone (don't know the source), Golan/Globus just kept offering him more and more money. He literally said something like, "Well, I figured no one would see it anyway."

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Ray Ban aviator carbon fibre something or other. Barely $200 for both items, they'd be about $600 in Vancouver.

Good call. I've had these for about 5 years now, and the carbon fiber arms have kept them from breaking so many goddamn times. I''ll only wear these going forward.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
New shoes:

and

new jeans:

Exciting stuff!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Those shoes are not exciting

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They look comfortable. Take care of your feet and they'll take care of you.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If a Something Awful Goon says your shoes are boring, it usually means that regular Earth Humans will think they look fine. Check out the YLLS footwear thread for some good belly laughs.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
IMO all people should be wearing Jordans

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

If a Something Awful Goon says your shoes are boring, it usually means that regular Earth Humans will think they look fine. Check out the YLLS footwear thread for some good belly laughs.

While these shoes are the definition of boring shoes, I agree with that statement. Boring shoes are much better than ridiculous shoes

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just jam both my feet into a couple of pumpkins every morning and go to bed when they have broken apart.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

plainswalker75 posted:

New shoes:

and

new jeans:

Exciting stuff!

Didn't know they made orthopedic jeans

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

A very small, but very nice, apartment.

Representative image.

gently caress Oslo house prices though.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

If these didn't have the New Balance logo on them I would just assume they're some no name cheapo shoes you'd get from a big box store for like $30.

...which leads me to the question, why are 'outdoor' shoes so loving awful in design? Is it impossible to make functional walking footwear attractive or something?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I would assume that part of it is the fact that they're meant to be worn outdoors. They're going to get dirty, they're going to get scuffed up. Any lighter colors or materials will look like poo poo after a single hike or lawn mowing.

I think if they just used black and gray they'd have a much nicer looking product though. If I ever have brown on my shoe it's time to grab a hose.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Sennheiser Game One

Probably don't need a 5th full sized pair of cans but camelcamelcamel told me it was a great deal and I've been thinking about getting some open ones for bideo james to replace the a700 + modmic

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Inspector 34 posted:

I would assume that part of it is the fact that they're meant to be worn outdoors. They're going to get dirty, they're going to get scuffed up. Any lighter colors or materials will look like poo poo after a single hike or lawn mowing.

I think if they just used black and gray they'd have a much nicer looking product though. If I ever have brown on my shoe it's time to grab a hose.

whoa, they make shoes to be worn outdoors now?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

plainswalker75 posted:

New shoes:

and

new jeans:

Exciting stuff!

So how long have you been working in IT?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dadness is strong with this one.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'm happy I've lived long enough that Levi's 501 jeans are considered dad jeans.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I didn't think 501s were that baggy, at least after the shrink, but image searches say that was just wishful thinking on my part.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Lascivious Sloth posted:

whoa, they make shoes to be worn outdoors now?

It's truly an amazing time we live in.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

88h88 posted:

If these didn't have the New Balance logo on them I would just assume they're some no name cheapo shoes you'd get from a big box store for like $30.

...which leads me to the question, why are 'outdoor' shoes so loving awful in design? Is it impossible to make functional walking footwear attractive or something?

Because, for the most part, people who are into through-hiking 50 miles on a long weekend, driving 8 hours to climb a 5.11 route in the middle of nowhere, or tramping through underbrush in search of some particular piece of wildlife don't give a poo poo about Air Force Ones (or whatever the trendy new hotness fashion statement shoe is at the moment). They care more about things like durability, comfort, resistance to staining, weight; you know, poo poo that actually matters.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

LingcodKilla posted:

Dadness is strong with this one.

Please, it's called normcore.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

Sigma X posted:

Because, for the most part, people who are into through-hiking 50 miles on a long weekend, driving 8 hours to climb a 5.11 route in the middle of nowhere, or tramping through underbrush in search of some particular piece of wildlife don't give a poo poo about Air Force Ones (or whatever the trendy new hotness fashion statement shoe is at the moment). They care more about things like durability, comfort, resistance to staining, weight; you know, poo poo that actually matters.

I agree; I'm simply too active for Nikes, or shoes that look good, which is why I buy these:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Fancy snow shoes? Mud jumpers?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Sigma X posted:

You can own more than one pair of shoes, y'know.

Like you have your ugly rear end hiking shoes for when you hike, and some Air Force One, trendy, new hotness fashion statement shoes.

Or, like, some Vans.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'll never understand sneaker fashion, but, I'm happy if you all are happy with them.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Coffee And Pie posted:

You can own more than one pair of shoes, y'know.

Like you have your ugly rear end hiking shoes for when you hike, and some Air Force One, trendy, new hotness fashion statement shoes.

Or, like, some Vans.

Or just like 10 different colored pairs of chucks

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

Fancy snow shoes? Mud jumpers?

I did a reverse search to see what there are meant for because holy poo poo they're ugly and apparently UA markets them a trail running shoes. And that big contraption on the tongue is how you lace them. They have stainless steel laces. STAINLESS STEEL LACES

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I mean sure, what if a bear tries to steal them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FishBulb posted:

I mean sure, what if a bear tries to steal them?

You garrote the bear with your laces, I guess.