Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jimmsta
Oct 24, 2004

Shedding bell-end tears in the pocket of her resistance.
Grimey Drawer

Thanks!

Guess I'm spending the day reading ghost stories :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

what happened to his sister? I'm FB friends with nick and it's great to see how he's becoming a real person, and it's super weird when he comments on your personal pictures.

if by super weird you mean heartwarming and magical than I agree

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

What's the backstory on that guy?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

timp posted:

He's doing great actually! He moved back to Minot with his parents which wasn't exactly what he wanted to do, but probably is for the best. And many of his various Facebook friends have been planning trips for him to get out of South Dakota and see the world. On a recent trip, he went to Florida and wrote this big long excited overly detailed post in true Ulillillia form talking about all the new things he experienced.

He describes finally getting to swim in deep water, then going home and crying into his pillow for hours after realizing that he has basically been wasting his life in front of computer and television screens. It was sad but also really sweet.

If you want to keep up with him you have to be his Facebook friend, and he has really strict rules about cursing and adult content and stuff, lol

Does this mean Platform Masters will never get a release? :sad:

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

what happened to his sister? I'm FB friends with nick and it's great to see how he's becoming a real person, and it's super weird when he comments on your personal pictures.

Got evicted because she has PTSD, anxiety, bipolar, panic attacks, and a bunch of other stuff supposedly and can't work real jobs anymore. As far as I know from Nick's FB updates and her constant Gofundme begging updates I get in my email, she also had to move back home a few weeks ago. She has a Patreon with no donors, an Etsy shop with no sales, and writes lovely fantasy novels to presumably no audience.

Nick's trying to improve his life, but Sisterlilia's just getting worse.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
The US of A is the 2nd to last first world country (next to Japan) where I would want to grow up both poor and mentally ill.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
I'm interested in the Hellbastard meltdown. Anybody got a good link?

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org
The greatest SA moment was watching Lowtax getting knocked the gently caress out by Uwe Boll.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

Triggered posted:

The greatest SA moment was watching Lowtax getting knocked the gently caress out by Uwe Boll.

Nerd got punched. So what?

Uwe shoulda taken Lowtax's lunch money :negative:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Bill NYSE posted:

I'm presuming it's this one. :nws:

Yes. I forgot all about the prosthetic leg. Thanks.

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

It was Lowtax crying in the interview after that made it instant gold, you dont gently caress with Uwe.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
The lady that was into drawing cartoon aeroplanes loving was pretty funny.

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010

MorgaineDax posted:

Got evicted because she has PTSD, anxiety, bipolar, panic attacks, and a bunch of other stuff supposedly and can't work real jobs anymore. As far as I know from Nick's FB updates and her constant Gofundme begging updates I get in my email, she also had to move back home a few weeks ago. She has a Patreon with no donors, an Etsy shop with no sales, and writes lovely fantasy novels to presumably no audience.

Nick's trying to improve his life, but Sisterlilia's just getting worse.

what happened to Uli's Fargo buddy David vallancourt?

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

What was the goons name who ended up on the front lines on Syria and was doing surgery after watching youtube videos? His posts about the CIA trying to get him all the time really made sense.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Triggered posted:

What was the goons name who ended up on the front lines on Syria and was doing surgery after watching youtube videos? His posts about the CIA trying to get him all the time really made sense.

That was Fragmaster, one of his videos is "Doom House" it re-creates the feeling of being in Assad's torture prison where he was imprisoned until the forums united and kickstarted his release

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Does Bromide qualify as a "saga"?

republicant
Apr 5, 2010

Triggered posted:

Caro. He disappeared in Syria and everything pointed to him having been tortured to death in prison, but somehow he's alive. I wonder if he'll ever come back here and post again.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Yolomon Wayne posted:

God I hope so

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Absolutely. Outside of the 'main plot', they also re-regged a dozen of times to post their stupid comic accompanied with pages of word salad in the bad webcomics thread.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
So how is he/she/them today?
Lost track after xir was run off the 7th time.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

republicant posted:

Caro. He disappeared in Syria and everything pointed to him having been tortured to death in prison, but somehow he's alive. I wonder if he'll ever come back here and post again.

You really understated this. He literally was in a Syrian prison and was sorta-recently rescued by the CIA.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Yolomon Wayne posted:

So how is he/she/them today?
Lost track after xir was run off the 7th time.

They or someone pretending to be them showed back up in the webcomics thread awhile ago, seeming a lot more stable. Maybe a happy ending?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Triggered posted:

He started blogging about it, it got posted in another thread

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
wtf caro lives?
i mean, seriously? this is not a joke?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yolomon Wayne posted:

wtf caro lives?

Yes, this was big news a few months back. After years of no news, the last of which was "he's in a Syrian prison and not looking too hot", there was a very sudden news bit about how the government had negotiated for his release.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Yolomon Wayne posted:

wtf caro lives?

You can just google "Kevin Dawes" and read all this poo poo for yourself, including the GQ article about him that mentions these forums specifically a bunch of times.
He was freed in April.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

univbee posted:

Yes, this was big news a few months back. After years of no news, the last of which was "he's in a Syrian prison and not looking too hot", there was a very sudden news bit about how the government had negotiated for his release.

I totally loving missed that.
Pretty amazing considering the last ive heard of him was being seen begging for death in that hole.

When will he triumphantly return to SA though?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yolomon Wayne posted:

When will he triumphantly return to SA though?

That you haven't missed yet. Will be quite something if/when (hopefully when) it happens.

I think a mod even specifically went out of their way to unban his account when the news broke.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

The Wizard of Poz posted:

You really understated this. He literally was in a Syrian prison and was sorta-recently rescued by the CIA.

Caro is probably the single greatest thing in SA history because of the recent developments. I'd kill for a dramatization or documentary of the whole thing. Back in the day it seemed like he would sometimes be getting help but then go off the grid for awhile and just double down on paranoia of the CIA or whatever. I think Brown Moses or somebody tried to get him help and Caro threatened to kill him. He posted videos of him shooting at randos at the desert and getting upset because dudes driving by in technicals got in the way of his sniper duel. For years people would post RIP Caro because basically everyone assumed he was dead. The fact that he survived and was rescued is like the most jawdropping thing that has ever happened as long as I've been on the forums.

Holy poo poo, no idea he also started blogging about it.

MeatwadIsGod has a new favorite as of 22:26 on Aug 24, 2016

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
So did Zaurg get a divorce? Those threads helped me get my finances together.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
So whatever did happen to pele and oddjob? Are they still married? Still in Australia?

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe

Bob Quixote posted:

I think the main girl protagonist was called Cherry Venus.

There was a different game made by another goon that was actually pretty fun though, a Final Fantasy style thing that he'd cooked up on some version of RPGMaker called "Last Scenario". It played like a real game of its type/era rather than an ultra-laggy piece of poo poo and the story for it was a decent reversal of typical fantasy plots (the protagonist kid who is told that he is descended from the legendary hero turns out to be kind of a loser and the hero origin is just a lie cooked up as propaganda to launch an unprovoked war against an enemy nation).

There was an optional dungeon somewhere and one of the enemies you could encounter in it was a large version of the :rolleyes: emoticon that was worth a ton of XP if you killed it.

Last Scenario was pretty fun and IIRC the guy that made it drew some Demon Rush fan art in its thread.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Greg Legg posted:

So did Zaurg get a divorce? Those threads helped me get my finances together.

He made an update thread not that long ago.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775446

Hell yeah, he did.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

:furcry:

:furcry:

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

Wtf!?

Tell me about the great Fur-Purge of 2014!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Serviette posted:

Wtf!?

literal nazi furry is still around GBS. you can probably ask him about it.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

symbolic posted:

literal nazi furry is still around GBS. you can probably ask him about it.

Ularg and Camrath are still around too

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I came for the furry novelty, stayed for the drugs

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Serviette posted:

Wtf!?

It was pretty hilarious, a Fur Crew formed in GBS and the mods didn't notice for a really long time because they didn't read any of the big megathreads of the time, like Night Crew/Day Crew or whatever the hell. It started as a random make fun of furries thread but turned into the Fur Crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

Kenzie posted:

It was pretty hilarious, a Fur Crew formed in GBS and the mods didn't notice for a really long time because they didn't read any of the big megathreads of the time, like Night Crew/Day Crew or whatever the hell. It started as a random make fun of furries thread but turned into the Fur Crew

i think they knew for quite some time they were just going for as quick of a single ban wave as they could for as many actual furries as they could lol