Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Bluedeanie posted:

How do you feel about "Cassius" Clay Collard?

Dammit u beat me. That guy is a grade A be piece of poo poo. The only people who call Ali Cassius Clay are racist old sports journalists who are explicitly ignoring his wishes wrt his name. Ridiculously disrespectful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Charles "Boston Strong" Rosa

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Marcio "Lyoto Machida" Alexandre Jr

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Dammit u beat me. That guy is a grade A be piece of poo poo. The only people who call Ali Cassius Clay are racist old sports journalists who are explicitly ignoring his wishes wrt his name. Ridiculously disrespectful.

Uh that's not really what's going on here bud

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

You're taking a dumb nickname way too seriously and incorrectly.

Besides, Marcus "Irish Hand Grenade" Davis is way more stupid and insensitive.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
Logan "The Pink Pounder" Clark

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tezcatlipoca posted:

You're taking a dumb nickname way too seriously and incorrectly.

Besides, Marcus "Irish Hand Grenade" Davis is way more stupid and insensitive.

didn't the UFC tell him he absolutely was not allowed to call himself that when he fought in an event in Belfast?

e. yeah, he was billed as "the celtic warrior" on the promotional material for that event

proof of concept fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 24, 2016

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

proof of concept posted:

didn't the UFC tell him he absolutely was not allowed to call himself that when he fought in an event in Belfast?

Yeah, he was "The Celtic Warrior" the two times he fought in Ireland.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I very much enjoyed Dan Hardy making Marcus Davis so angry in the leadup to their fight that he would visibly redden whenever people asked him about Hardy in interviews, after which Davis lost a decision and then got knee-murdered by Ben Saunders

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
This memory lane trip made me look up Junie Browning just now. I completely forgot that he was almost murdered in Thailand.

Also: as of November of 2012 he was one month sober. Wonder how that worked out.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

If I am remembering correctly, Marcus davis just got embarrassed in the worst way against nate and had nothing for him, like even one flurry, and got his face bashed in until it prolapsed. And I'm 75% sure I was pulling for davis as a fellow new englander. A pox on both our houses.

Hell yeah, that was ufc 118 in Boston with James loving toney and frankie dominating bj. Loved that card.

Eat This Glob fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 24, 2016

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Danny "The Cheesecake Assassin" Mitchell

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Marcus Jones fighting Meathead.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lmao he owns

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

david carmichael posted:

Lauzon ruediger was also a merciless cakewalk.

also there was a really helpless gracie not that long ago, maybe it was roger but I think his name was gregor or something, anyway it was pathetic

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

david carmichael posted:

Lauzon ruediger was also a merciless cakewalk.

I Appreciate This

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Haha poo poo I didn't connect that at all.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Bundt Cake posted:

also there was a really helpless gracie not that long ago, maybe it was roger but I think his name was gregor or something, anyway it was pathetic

This reminded me of Rolles Gracie embarrassing himself en route to getting Mexicuted and it doesn't feel like that was 6 years ago already

E: Rolles was also the one that fell down like he was in Super Punch Out when he got knocked out in WSOF

Dr. Abysmal fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 24, 2016

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Abysmal posted:

E: Rolles was also the one that fell down like he was in Super Punch Out when he got knocked out in WSOF

This is a strong contender for funniest ko of all time

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Dr. Abysmal posted:

This reminded me of Rolles Gracie embarrassing himself en route to getting Mexicuted and it doesn't feel like that was 6 years ago already

i think thats the one

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

has there ever been a more helpless looking performance in the modern ufc than bader/rumble? it was just sad to watch

Shogun vs Jones was pretty bad. It was even worse because he was the champ and he was a significant underdog coming into that fight. I can't remember a single moment where Shogun looked effective against Jones. It was an extremely prolonged rear end whooping.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
if you asked about elitexc i would say nick serras last fight

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Yeah but Shogun at least tried to fight, he tried to go for kneebars and whiffing punches and such even if he was getting whooped. By that logic JDS's 25 minutes of divorce counseling from Cain were the most helpless a man has ever looked in the octagon but once again at least JDS was trying to do something, he just couldn't stop Cain's onslaught.

Bader against Rumble, meanwhile, was a dude who was terrified from the moment the fight was signed until his first pitiful takedown attempt. He wanted the fight to be over as soon as possible.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Firas Zahabi broke down the McGregor Diaz 2 fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ-kyJTXSLg

I'm going to visit TriStar Gym tomorrow too.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
So if Dan somehow wins and he's definitely still retiring what do they do with the belt? Rockhold/Weidman again? Maybe a tournament?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
a mini-tournament would make the most sense to me. Weidman vs Rockhold 2 on one side of the bracket and Bisping vs Jacare on the other side. Winners fight for the vacant belt, losers fight for the #1 contender so they still have another shot at it anyway. Keep Yoel Romero around as a replacement dude.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I've been an MMA fan since middle school and I'm still not sure what exactly it is they want you to dip your car in.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

a mini-tournament would make the most sense to me. Weidman vs Rockhold 2 on one side of the bracket and Bisping vs Jacare on the other side. Winners fight for the vacant belt, losers fight for the #1 contender so they still have another shot at it anyway. Keep Yoel Romero around as a replacement dude.

I love when they do this because someone inevitably gets injured and they have to pull some chump in to fight instead or one of the fights ends in a draw.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Apparently someone identified the racist in Perry's corner as Alex Nicholson.

EDIT: Oh, Alex Nicholson identified himself as the racist, well, there you go.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Aug 24, 2016

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

BlindSite posted:

I love when they do this because someone inevitably gets injured and they have to pull some chump in to fight instead or one of the fights ends in a draw.

I liked when Strikeforce held the heavyweight Grand Prix and Overeem won his first fight and then quit and Dan Cormier won it all as a mid round replacement. All according to plan!

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bubba Smith posted:

Jacare/Weidman and Romero/Rockhold

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Skip My Posts posted:

Jacare/Weidman and Romero/Rockhold

yeah let the rabble sort themselves out

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

tumor looking batty posted:

I'm going to visit TriStar Gym tomorrow too.

that's cool

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
If Hendo wins have Bisping fight the returning Chael Sonnen for the vacant belt imo

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

T-Bone posted:

So if Dan somehow wins and he's definitely still retiring what do they do with the belt? Rockhold/Weidman again? Maybe a tournament?

When they inaugurated the flyweight belt they had a tournament, when they inaugurated the women's strawweight they did a TUF season, but every other time a belt has been vacant (iirc) they've had the number one ranked guy fight the number *cough* ranked guy for the belt.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Since it won't be a 3 way dance, I see it as Yoel vs Rockhold(probably) or Wideman(if healthy). IF Dan gets Bispinged, I figure Yoel is next for a chance at the belt. With Rockhold Vs Wideman as an eliminator.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Team_q posted:

Since it won't be a 3 way dance, I see it as Yoel vs Rockhold(probably) or Wideman(if healthy). IF Dan gets Bispinged, I figure Yoel is next for a chance at the belt. With Rockhold Vs Wideman as an eliminator.

Jacare has been winning fights while yoel has been at home trying to massage his balls into producing testosterone again. Weidman has been unhealthy so long it's hard to see where he fits into the picture but Jacare is the only one in that division who has been winning fights, except when his opponents pop for PEDS.

It's definitely Jacares turn for a title shot but I wouldn't mind seeing him and Weidman in a title eliminator, I think that's a really great fight. Luke and Romero can fight each other too I guess.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Who did Romero beat last?
"Looks at Wikipedia"
Oh.

I think Wideman and Rockhold should get title elminators because, I mean, their last fights were title losses, and I think it would be just mean for Luke to demolish Poor Weidman again.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

I just watched the Demian Maia v Rick Story Free Fight - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOXKp5DfkkU

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

fatherdog posted:

When they inaugurated the flyweight belt they had a tournament, when they inaugurated the women's strawweight they did a TUF season, but every other time a belt has been vacant (iirc) they've had the number one ranked guy fight the number *cough* ranked guy for the belt.

They did a tournament way back when Pulver vacated the Lightweight belt. Then the finals was a draw and the whole thing was pointless.

• Locked thread